So there's a bit of misinformation circulating right now around about the Coup...

So there's a bit of misinformation circulating right now around about the Coup. I've been talking to my Turkish Friend(Who we'll name Selim for this) all night, and he's finally gone to sleep. He was in the middle of the shit. He lives in Istanbul and talked me through Steam and Skype as the war was raging about him. However, tonight wasn't the only night we've talked politics. I've always been interested in the political situation in Turkey, and he gave me some great insight.

So, after watching news feeds, getting Turkish sources translated into English on the spot by Selim's amazing language skills, I thought I'd explain some things about the Coup as they are.

Let me preface this by saying one thing - Erdogan is an impotent backstabber playing all sides for his benefit. He has a bad track record and is corrupt as hell. But there is one thing he's not:

>An Islamist
He is playing the Islamists and the Secularists. The laws he's passed are to appease them, but he wants to keep a democratic system in place. It's what keeps him tied with the West, and he likes that alot. Turkey doesn't have oil or military to get away with a theocratic state like Saudi Arabia can. Erdogan I can best describe as neutral, out for himself, with good skills at making wide sweeping promises. He's been anti-Kurd for alot of his reign as President, until recently, when Kurds started voting. In a speech he gave after touching down in western Turkey, a Kurdish man suddenly showed up to heckle out "I'm a Kurd but I will die for Turkish democracy!" That seems fishy that he got in and was allowed to say that. Just how I see it.

So the Coup itself

A lot of people assume this coup is following in the footsteps of previous attempts which brought the country away from Islamist politics. You see, Turkey is a country at war with itself. Constantly. The people are divided, split nearly perfect fifty/fifty into Islamists and Secularists. The military makes sure one doesn't take over the other, but largely promotes secularism.

This Coup isn't like that.

This Coup is led by incompetents, for one. They managed to achieve no goals, the PM and Erdogan weren't even arrested, no were any of the members of Parliament who support Erdogan. They didn't even get the head of the military on their side! And the coup's leader killed himself about three hours ago.

The military is firing into civilians, they are running them over with tanks, and they are bombing with little regard for collateral damage at government buildings.

No, this is not from Turkish news. This is from twitter. Look it up, you can see horrible images. People holding hands and arms shredded from bombs, people lying in the street because they're too afraid to pick them up.

Now this brings us to the crux of this. The military isn't really involved in this. Not all of it, anyway. This is a faction within it spurned on by a Preacher named Fethullah Gülen. The Coup leaders said they were inspired by him, and wanted to make Turkey into a pan-Muslim state(Which theoretically would try to appeal to all Muslims regardless of race). It's not clear if they intended to keep it a democracy, some members of the Coup say they are, but we shouldn't trust them because...

Selim said this, "If the Gendarme, the Air Force, and the Special Forces wanted a Coup - it'd happen and it'd be over in an instant. This was a sloppy amateur hour operation. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a False Flag joke to give Erdogan more power, or the military traded out the Gulenists for power."

I hope this gives everyone insight into what's going on.

very interesting and insightful op. It's always good to have multi-cultural friends.

We pretty much figured out it was a flase flag

Yes, I love to suck his brown dick all day if I could. I just want him to import his values all over me.

Joking aside I have talked to him about Ottoman Fuckboys and he contains a book dating back to the 17th century talking about the young men of every nation and how good they are to fuck.

Persians and Greeks ranked the best.

[spoiler]I actually do hope this was insightful because holy shit so many people seem to be in favor of the coup and it's baffling when they're so incompetent and trigger happy.[/spoiler]

It wasn't hard to guess but as it developed I kept examining it, it got muddled. I think it may have been the military kicking out the Gulenists like Selim said.

??? give me source. I saw

give me source on ottoman fuck boys. the pictures of turks fucking in a circle interested me....historically....

forreal doe

It's a historical book in Turkish, not translated, and Selim is asleep right now so I can't ask him.

If the thread survives, I'll bug him to give me a source so you may oneday track it down yourself.

I can answer what he thought about British Fuckboys, Persian Fuckboys, or Greek Fuckboys though.

> The Coup leaders said they were inspired by him, and wanted to make Turkey into a pan-Muslim state
didn't they announce they were kemalists?

Nigga they announced all kinds of shit, this has just been the thing the Turkish media clamped onto the most. The actual rebel media outlets got shut down and I haven't seem them repost or reshow anything. I'm going off of memory and translations from a friend.

They said they were fighting for Gulen and some said for Democracy.

The major secular party didn't back the coup, they immediately denounced it. Seems like amateur hour they didn't secure their help first if they really were interested in promoting democracy.

Well, I would like this thread to survive.

Do the people of Turkey know this is a false flag like Selim?

If you look at Reddit Turkey, the most upvoted post there is "This looks like a false flag".

I also have a Swiss buddy who plays games with a Turkish group because he knows Turkish himself, and he said they are all calling it a false flag.

Why?

Because of how goddamn sloppy this is.

>believing that Erdogan isn't an Islamist, even though he constantly panders to Islam on every opportunity
>believing that Gülen has any power in the military and not that Erdogan is just lying his ass off

This has to be the most obvious false flag in history.

> swiss
> turkshit immigrant

FUCK OFF. HE ISN'T SWISS YOU MORON PIECE OF SHIT.

Erdogan tomorrow:

"Oy, these seditious newspapers, opposition parties, ethnic minorities, and intellectuals! They have inspired this small group of people to ineffectually revolt!

Trust me my fellow goys and help me stamp out these threats to our completely transparent and vital democracy, by giving me more powers in the constitution!"

>Seems like amateur hour they didn't secure their help first if they really were interested in promoting democracy.

>implying that opposition would ever support that, given that it would almost certainly be a trick to get them to admit to it and then arrest them

Oh it's quite possible Erdogan is lying his ass off, I don't trust him at all

But he's not an Islamist. He's ridiculously corrupt and lies to everyone, Muslims and secularists included. He's a snake, he just does what he needs to gain power. He's been recorded saying mutually exclusive promises to groups of people before to get reelected.

He is Swiss, he was born from Swiss parents, who were also ethnically, culturally, Swiss. Speaks Swiss German and Swiss French, is a Swiss national and has lived in the country his whole life. He just learned Turkish in university.

I, sir, am quite pissed at your limp dick for reading what you wanted to read there rather than the actual information presented.

Look at the previous coups.

This post is also on point why this coup went horrible.

this
/thread

It seems odd that the other fractions of the military has not made any actions or announcement though

Pretty much, I'm trying to get Selim out to the greatest country on Earth

Italy

Wait..

Doesn't it just?

Is Fethullah Gülen bad? I read his wikipedia page and nothing stood out as extremist. I dislike that religion plays a part in people's lives but his views certainly to appear to be much more neutered than some people's interpretations of the scriptures.

Gulen is bad because he helped Erdogan get power. Gulen and Erdogan worked together to eliminate opposition, and replace the government with their men. But then Gulen wanted to take power, so he exposed a lot of the corruption Erdogan was responsible for. A lot of Turks consider Gulen's attempt for power a coup in itself. It backfired though, and he fled the country.

>Pretty much, I'm trying to get Selim out to the greatest country on Earth
How you do that?

Money.

Right but this coup is saying they formed a faction based on Gulen's belief system as opposed to Erdogan's system? Is that a bad thing in general? Does Gulen's system work better to maintain secular culture in the country?

Why?

I have no idea, it's not wholly clear they're Gulenists or that's what Erdogan is saying. One person MAY at one point say they were fighting for Gulen and they ran away with that, or he was a plant, or whatever. It's all up in the air, I'm just telling the facts as I see them.

Also they're killing people in the streets. I don't give a fuck what they stand for, I can't abide byt hat.

He's my friend and I'm not just some beta who'll to watch him die because he happened to be born in a shit country? Guy is funny and we talk about fuckboys and history. Known him for years. He already wanted to get out of the country and told me 3 months ago he expects a coup soon.