Why did cartoons end up so autistic and obnoxious?

Why did cartoons end up so autistic and obnoxious?

Because the kids watching them never mentally grew up.

I miss the good old days when cartoons were just poorly animated toy commercials.

Most spergy cartoon out there currently? My vote goes to Steven Universe. Bob's Burgers, Adventure Time and Rick and Morty get a mention though.

They all feel like some kind of therapy for autistic kids.

>implying cartoons weren't always autistic and obnoxious
take off the rose tinted glasses, faglord

wtf is this image trying to imply

I unironically enjoy most of those. But Clarence is my favorite.

this tbqh

idk but OP should either off themselves or go back to Sup Forums

season 1 of mlp was kino

who copied who?

>being this butt blasted

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

.....*breathes in*......

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

......*gets a drink of water*......

*ahem*

I loved my life as a teenage robot

I think they key difference now versus in the 80s and 90s is that cartoons were aimed at children. Now they're aimed at manchildren.

I don't blame Lauren Faust. I'm sure that MLP is perfectly serviceable for it's intended audience. I've seen bits from my niece, but holy fuck, those autistic Brony fucks...

Bravest Warriors also comes from Adventure Time.

Is this a reference to an autistic cartoon. It sounds like a reference to an autistic cartoon.

>wants to make a qt show for girls
>accidentally attracts retarded manchildren
I feel bad for her desu

Adventure Time changed everything. It got big, real big, the Internet helped it, too. I don't know what other factors were involved, but it got so big that pretty much everyone involved got to make their own show. And now there's a proliferation of CalArts factory-made noodle arm garbage. Other shows got made in the same successful style that had nothing to do with AT.

"Bwahaha" instead of "Hahaha" is autistic on it's own.

Dexter wasn't a progenitor to PPG. I remember when both shows came out - it was at the same time. They used to be part of something called the WHAT A CARTOON show. I remember they kept rotating through the pilots over and over... for Dexter, it was the one where they kept turning each other into animals. For PPG, it was the one where Fuzzy turned Bubbles' hair into a drumstick.

They came out about the same time.

Same time as Cow and Chicken. The pilot was weird... chicken goes to hell for smoking and they show the parents having no upper halves...

flapjack really was a treasure, one of the best cartoons of recent memory

also why does everyone solely mention justin roiland as the creator of rick and morty? it says right in the opening he co created it with dan harmon. the only reason i even gave the show a chance is because harmon's name was on it and i loved community

>autistic
There's that word again

It makes sense that autistic kids would make up a large demographic for these shows. They're obsessively devoted and will sink a lot of money into merchandise. No wonder the humour panders to the mentally challenged. Isn't there some lemon character in Adventure Time who's confirmed autistic?

Y'all best choose your next words carefully

Back to

BACK TO AFRICA?!

Or you'll what? Waste another pair of dubs?

Maybe I'll waste these trips

Be very careful now...

Leave cartoonkino to me

>Tfw even Gumball has a gf

where each cartoon supposedly took inspiration from.

>family guy took it's inspiration from dexter's lab, not the simpsons

who made this?