Unironically the best movie of the franchise
also
>best movie of the franchise is a spin off
rly makes you think the thoughts

Everyone dies
The end

>everyone is forgettable and no one cares
hmm

A decent movie. Even the OT had a very generic 'good vs evil' plot line. I like that Rogue One really opened it up and showed how even the Rebellion dabbles in torture, terrorism, and assassination.

>Even the OT had a very generic 'good vs evil' plot line
Yeah but the characters weren't flat unlikeable pieces of shit.

Chirrhut was pretty cool, but that's about it.

I think they wanted the character personalities to represent the more somber tone. So Jin ends up being indistinguishable from the rest of the crowd, because they're all depressed except one or two.

It's almost like they're a bunch of nobodies.

>Chirrhut
Who the fuck even is this? That's how bad they were.

Subversive propaganda

>describe the characters

Man this girl liked me who looks like felicity with big titties and I scared her away with my autism. Any films for this feel?

Probably, easily the best star wars film to come out since the originals, and none of you were there for the original releases. Hopefully the other movies follow this style, hopefully they bring the EU into it so they can have many of these stories.

All they have to do wih this spin-off series is not have a jump in continuation and it will be goat.

youtube.com/user/ElliotRodger

A movie the "Fans" have already forgotten about

Better than Episode 7 but still feels sjw-y, over produced and has no memorable characters as is Disney's specialty.

something like Krull remade in 2016 Star Wars Themed SJW aproved

A dull, tedious film with zero-personality characters and absolutely no memorable scenes, lines of dialogue, or performances until the final minute.

There was black rebel guy with the oxygen
There was ip man the blind wizard
There was cgi tarkin
There was the sexy douche
The worlds worst robot sidekick
There was red shades vader
And that imperial bad guy dude
Oh and death star builder man who made the sooper seekret flaw

The droid was a decent character

a bland brown people apologist movie until the third act where it apes ANH and ROTJ's space battles.

Kinetic and shallow. You'll enjoy the end.

If they cut the number of characters in the movie by two thirds and bothered to establish the father-daughter dynamic it could have been quality.

How could the OP do that?
They don't even know what they're in for.

>"Rebellions are built on hope"

That shit is iconic

It would be if the speech was delivered well.

Is that supposed to be an excuse?

Well done user , well done

Alright movie

significantly better than TFA

Part spy movie, part made for tv sci fi flick with over-emotional speeches and monologues.

The whole gritty spy thing had only been touched on in the books/comics so I was glad to see that and the setting for the final battle was cool. Otherwise not much going on in the story, still worth a watch though.

Remember they made him apologize though? Might've cut some of the bullshit out after that happened. Although there is still that ridiculous scene where a huge group of battle hardened rebels listen to a vague inspirational speech from a young rookie hot girl.

A decent Star Wars film overrated beyong belief since people were still fresh off TFA trainreck. It doesn't touch OT trilogy or SW3 tho.

unironically the worst film in the whole franchise

Stuff like this.

Jesus, I forgot about that shit. Selling the franchise to (((disney))) was a mistake.

boredom- you will look at your watch halfway through, mark my fucking words.

>Yeah but the characters weren't flat unlikeable pieces of shit.

That was sorta the point, they're the foot soldiers, the nameless, anonymous cogs of war that gave the Rebellion a chance to make victory possible.

no, it' not.

the point of a film is never to make you not care about the characters or the plot-- to entertain means to hold one's interest engagingly, to not care is to be bored, and to not be entertained.

>no character development
>you will not give a shit about anyone
>robot humor is forced
>probably will put you to sleep about an hour in

You could easily have foot soldiers be likable characters. It's not even like the movie didn't try to humanize them, as there are some aborted attempts at character arcs in there, it's all just executed terribly.

2 hours of complete boredom and horrible pacing with meaningless character development followed by 20 minutes of pure kino

OP here just finished watching it. Wow the tone was all over the place 7/10

See you in December for Episode VIII

Generic action movie 2016 with a Star Wars skin on it.

Or

Best thing in the world since sliced bread according to an obnoxious little part of the fanbase.

Guess who is wrong.

Boring shit

Chirrhut was the monk you faggot

Shit writing, painfully boring, horrendous characters, incompetent Empire, dumb ending, nonsensical retcons and canon additions, horribly obvious greenscreen sets, awful special effects, Borderlands-tier jokes.

Fucking cinematographic autism. This doesn't even make any sense.

opressive white people vs brown people fighting for freedom

brave

you guys have some of the worst taste in film I've ever seen

A.
Fucking.
Rabbit.

decent movie, lots of things blowing up, completely forgettable.

A new waifu

In a space drama made for babies

Sounds riveting

When I was a kid Disney hated Jews now its ran by Jews? Oh how the world changes

Wait til they finally own the world and finally wake up Walt.
I wonder how he will feel.

I watched it after taking Xanax, while I was with my dad. Slept through almost all of it. Feel like a cocksuck piece of horseshit but have seen some flicks since. Made me get a lick of the feels

Star Wars fanfiction injected with Hollywood SJWism.

I liked the robit, how come we never seen those types again?

Also the chicks ass is fantastic when she's climbing

>it's still cool to like star wars, I swear!
>they finally made a star wars movie for the mature audience! it's a gritty war movie filled with silly robots and pig people
>hey I remember those characters! I'm a real star wars fan!

I could go on, but I think you get the picture

An alright 6.5/10, but the characters aren't witty quipsters so it's a 0/10 from me boss.

Cool visuals, great set pieces. Characters were lacking. But thought it was good.

I think Jyn was much more relatable and likeable than always bitching Rey and Chris Tucker Stormtrooper edition.
And unlike tfa, R1 has believable worlds that don't look like a cheap filmset. Alot of thought went into this movie and of course you see alot of things from the previous films, it is literally the same time period. And still there is more new stuff than tfa had.
I thought tfa was too fucming fast paced action shlock. Rogoe One is only boring if you have adhd. What the fuck is wrong with people?

Blatant fanservice fest with extremely shallow characters and no development.

Tarkin dies
Jyn lives

the embodiment of mediocrity

this basically

>how come we never seen those types again
Wanna hazard a guess?

sure

>deranged old soldier with a shit-ton of machinery keeping him alive, on a quixotic mission to single-handedly destroy the Empire by whatever means necessary, including ruthless torture (I actually just got that he's supposed to be like Vader, isn't he?)

>naive but powerful monk who sees the good in everyone and everything, and tries to live up to the legacy of the legends he heard about jedi as a child

>monk's older, jaded friend who keeps him safe and protected from the horrors of the world, trying in vain to protect him and his innocence.

>2 younger rebels made old by the tough choices they've already had to make in their lives, clinging to each other as a way to try to come to terms with the brutal loss of their childhoods and parents. Tough on the outside, but soft and tender still at their cores.

>the imperial who just wants to have his name recognized and remembered, but who constantly gets shoved aside, ignored, and taken advantage of by his superiors, engendering a feeling of impotent rage and jealousy towards the Emperor's inner circle

>the droid, who starts off not trusting anyone he doesn't know very well, acting paranoid and suspicious, but who comes to learn to accept the love of others and to respect and love them in turn

>the pilot (he doesn't get fleshed out much, aside from being idealistic and wanting to help the people he has heard stories and modern-day legends about, even after they brutally torture him form information.)

>fishman, the stubborn curmudgeonly general with the heart of gold who selflessly sacrifices himself and all he cares for when the chance comes to destroy the Empire.

Did I miss anyone? Monk, monk's friend, the 2 rebel lovebirds, the robot, the pilot, the fishman general, the bad guy...oh, Galen. Forgot Galen.

Meh. He's a father who wants to save his family. Boooring. I will grant you that one. But the rest are actually pretty interesting and nuanced.

>that long post
>using "meh" unironically

PLEASE kill yourself

ok, senpai, for you

Go back to your cave redditfag.

But I, as your dear redditfriend, am a normie and a chad.

I live out in the open air during the day, then snuggle up with my gf at night in my apartment.

Is it not the 4chanfriends who live in caves or their mother's basements? Aside from the good people over at /fitlit/, of course.

>Krull remade

You fucken wash your mouth out cunt.

Actually I have quite the balanced life my good fellow.
The cave that you redditfags live in is one of the mind.
Like little babies you are.

fair enough, my esteemed companion, as I cannot refute that I almost certainyl do suffer from holes in the mind or the psyche, blind spots and fallacies and everyday hypocrisies and lies that I fall into.

But on some level, do we not all have these inherent flaws? I would posit to to be devoid of such blemishes would perhaps make you more perfect, yes, but less human.

That's the karate guy from the Korean movie

>implying I have flaws
Rude, I bet you vote Conservative.
#proudtobeme

8u

I want to fug Krennic-sama.

Some good scenes and the rest is filler crap of literally who uninteresting stereotypical characters.

why are redditfags so narcissistic?

The movie was fine. Not a cinematic masterpiece but still enjoyable.
You autists enjoy shitting on everyone movie for no reason.

>prequels
>senate is fucking useless

>rogue one
>rebel council is fucking useless

>force awakens
>new senate is fucking useless

>and the entirety of Catalyst was Krennic getting cucked by Lyra

A cute one!

The best movie in the franchise

big guys

>ip man the blind wizard
kek

look at these kikes gents

I swear to god I can hear the disney magic in the scene where this EMPed star destroyer crashes into the other. Someone please tell me I'm not crazy.

It's the best prequel movie since the release of the Revenge Of The Sith.

>Unironically the best movie of the franchise

>4 8s
>typed 8u

FUCKING META IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING IM FREAKING OUT SOMEONE RESPOND SO I KNOW IM NOT DREAMING

Forced minority appearances: The Movie

Also DUDE 20 SECONDS OF VADER LMAO

Expect Madds to be underutilized.
Again.

The entire plot should have been Krennic vs Erso, Jyn was an unnecessary third wheel.

>paying attention to a movie is reddit

A terrible movie with great visuals.