Trailer Park Boys Season 11

It got released last Friday and I haven't seen any threads about it yet. What's the verdict Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.ca/search?q=Barrie Dunn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's shit.

Much better than the last few seasons

That means nothing. The show is long dead. Just asshole bubbles, over the top Ricky, overly gay Randy and Lahey. The same plot has been on repeat for the past 5 seasons. They should have ended it on a high note when Clattenburg left.

the liquors talkin to me rand

Better than last season but it's still nothing compared to the originals.

There's only so many times I can watch "the boys are doing well -> huge drug deal -> Lahey falls off the wagon -> drug bust doesn't pan out -> everyone goes to jail -> reboot" before it gets boring

It's okay. It wasn't nearly as funny as the others but it's better than the abortion of season 10.
This season shows how much of a complete scum-sucking shitbag Julian really is.

this

Watch the podcasts my man, they're pure kino and better than the show has been lately

All the Netflix produced seasons are horrid.

The original seasons are fucking kino. The series should have been left alone

oh, shit yeah. he abandons his friends for a year, drags Bubbles & Ricky into another illegal scheme, ruins Lahey & Ricky's new relationship, leaves Lahey & Randy to potentially drown to death then breaks his word and shoves them both in the trunk of his car.

anything after season 7 is cancer

oops forgot had the bottles kids brutally attack Lahey until they cracked his skull open

I fucking hate Julian. The only redeemable characters are Bubbles and Lahey.

its lost some charme but in terms of shows shitting on its own legacy its one of the best case examples. sure it has changed but the general appeal is still there. the last season with snoop dog was pretty meh, but what ive seen so far of this season is nice, i dont mind them going on like this.

I wish he fucking stayed away when he left at the end of the previous season. "Oh good the show can actually evolve a bit with Julian gone." NOPE

Do you think all this and at the end when he said the money was mine ..I mean ours" is leading up to him turning straight evil in the upcoming season?

>evolve
the show wouldve been cancelled after like 3 seasons if they tried to evolve. what they are going for is more like keeping up the status quo, and i like it that way.

>implying they'd ever break the formula

Nah, they might false flag it like they did with Lahey being Ricky's father but by the end of next season they'll still all be friends in jail.

When did this happen? what the fuck.

The thought crossed my mind but I think that gives them too much credit in their writing. Not going to happen. It'll just be the same shit next season. I wonder if it'll break new ground and have Lahey not drinking and then being an alcoholic by the end of the season.

In season 10 they think they killed Sam Losco. I enjoyed that because it was some dark humor and finally some change from the status quo. But they brought him back. The only change we can count on are other cast members leaving.

well the line between show and reality was always a little blurry so its not even disappointing when they kill off characters and bring them back. its almost like watching a soap opera or a stage show.

Unless I missed something, the new relationship between Ricky and Lahey was just Lahey trying to bust them for good.

In the newest season Lahey & Randy park their camper outside Julian's shipping container where he's storing hundreds of weed plants so Julian traps them inside by winding plastic around the doors and windows. Lahey starts shooting back after Ricky starts shooting a lock because he thinks its directed at him so Julian then has Cory & Jacob try to rotate the camper to disorient Lahey's sense of direction and have him shoot the opposite way. It instead rolls into the water and Julian wants to just leave them but Bubbles insists on at least tying the camper to a rock and reminds Julian that the tide is still going to come up and they might drown anyway but Julian doesn't care and just leaves them there to potentially drown

you missed something Lahey gave a tearful confession in season 9 over Ricky's unconscious body while Ricky was in a coma that he was Ricky's real father so Lahey actually believed he was Ricky's real father and trying to build a genuine relationship with him and his family. Lahey wasn't trying to bust them at all until he got drunk to deal with the heartbreak when Julian showed him the blood test which supposedly proves he was never Ricky's real father afterall

Holy fuck, you're right. I forgot all about that.
God, Julian is such a cunt.

Since Ray is gone they should've stuck with Lahey being Ricky's dad, would've made for a cool shake up of the story but of course they had to back out and return to formula

Whatever happened to Ray anyway? They established in one of the recent previous seasons or movies that he's not actually dead in-universe so is the actor dead then or is he just not around anymore for other reasons?

IIRC the actor was also a director of producer, can't remember. He was reported as being contentious with his other cast members (especially Cory and Trevor) and I believe had creative differences so he left.

In story I think he just fucked off to Florida, it was explained in one of the movies I believe

You non-Canadians know jackshit about TPB. Just shut the fuck up.

that's the way she goes

so what's the real story then?

I-I am Canadian user. Resident of southern Ontario...

hell yeah. Southern Ontario Represent. area code 905 here.

Last season as in the euro trip one or does that not count?

I didn't even watch it.

no there's a normal "season 11" now, in the trailer park

I understand that, but the poster said better than last season, and I was unsure if he was referring to season 10 or the euro trip.

Lahey really believed it. The hockey stick/broom fight scene in episode 4, the confession, amazing. I laughed, I cried, I truly believed Lahey had changed.

>I truly believed Lahey had changed
That would be nice, he is an old man who should just enjoy his autumn years in peace. And he was for most of this season and now he's gone insane again and is worshipping liquor as a god even when he's sober

He was always a producer on the show. I thought he was still around as such for some of the netflix episodes but maybe he left with Clattenburg.

Ray was always my favorite character desu. He was the one that really hit close to home for me.

because you're an alcoholic gambling addict who fakes an injury for disability cheques and pisses in jugs that you throw on the side of the highway?

really gonna talk that way to the guy in the chair?

No, but several aunts and uncles-TOP KEK

The actor who plays Ray is also a lawyer. A very busy & too well paid to be on yer shitty tv show lawyer. Thays why theres the skeevy lawyer character the season after his last.. christ you kids cant google worth shit..

Anyone else wish there was a season of TPB that follows the third movie? That season would be comfy af

Reggie is clearly Ricky's dad

what do you mean? are the movies a separate continuity?

who's Reggie again?

I recognized that lawyer guy in season 3 with his face blurred out. I was like, isn't that the guy from street cents? Sounds like him. Then he shows up in season 9 unblurred.

Only the big dirty is seperate. (which is obvious since they re use multiple plots from the show, probably to introduce it to americans)

The guy in the junk yard.

>what do you mean? are the movies a separate continuity?

Yes because Bubbles isn't living in that bus, Ricky isn't selling legal marijuana.

oh right, well I thought the twist with finding out that Ricky ISN'T Lahey's son afterall was going to be that Randy was going to turn out to be Lahey's son instead

Scotian here, live less than an hour away from the trailer park they film at. is right. Except Cory and Trevor wanted to get paid more for how much they were contributing to the show.
Mike Clattenburg was creator, director and played Ray.
Ray faked his death and moved to Florida, to move scrap metal?

Barrie Dunn played Ray.

SHUT UP SCOTIA. Your fucking whole province is one big shitty trailer park.

the story is Corey and Trevor were also basically stage-hands who helped set up a lot of the stuff that made the show run

as the show caught on and got pretty popular they felt they werent getting their fair shake and were still being treated like shit

Well fuck, thats a common misconception.
Yeha pretty much.

They also added a lot to their characters since a lot of the show is improvised.

youre retarded
google.ca/search?q=Barrie Dunn
ray is not mike clattenburg you mong

>that is a common misconception.
Never had that misconception. Not even some friends who I introduced the show to in 2001 have that misconception

ray is barrie dunn and he was a producer on the show.

he's actually a lawyer and had a high up position at CBC

netflix and the main cast members bought him out when the show came back

tpb has been shit since it came to netflix. it's being produced like a regular tv show now and lost all of its charm. waayyy too much focus on the main 3 guys (and randy and lahey) with zero interesting side characters (phil colins, ray, corey and trevor). it lost all the fun, nuance and heart of the old show and just replaced it with over the top nonsense.

I miss J to the R O C

This, season seven hell even 8 would have been good enough.
Too stupid and not taking any risk with new material...
The three boy, ricky juilan bubs can be just there and make some dope joke it would be fine...