MR. ROBOT GENERAL

Just finished both seasons.

If they keep this up in season 3 then this might become my favorite show.

What did you guys think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/181859596
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I enjoyed both seasons, too, but it seems like Esmail is trying to trick the audience.

Well what do you mean? I like that interactive aspect of the show, like when Elliot isn't honest me, as if I'm a character. Gives a sense that I'm part of the show. Are you saying that's a bad thing?

its a good show. Yes it takes a lot of elements from fight club, but it still manages to be a better concept over all.

I usually recommend if someone asks. its a shame season 3 is not coming out until late 2017.

she a qt

I'm saying that, to me, it seems like Esmail goes online looking for Mr. Robot discussions, reads all the theories about where the show is headed, and then changes the plot just to subvert expectations.

Again, I'm not saying that the show is bad because of it. I'm just saying that all the twists feel a little contrived.

season 2 sucked tho

Well, when it comes to shows I personally don't go and look at much discussion or do it myself about what will happen, so I can't relate to what you're experiencing. It doesn't appear contrived to me at all.

i don't think the current premise is sustainable beyond season 3. esmail needs to resolve everything he proposed in s1 in order to come up with a new premise for s4. ratings were already down for s2, unless he's looking for netflix or hulu to pick the show up, s2 while good was really just a lot of really good filler to avoid explaining s1 finale.

Its on amazon streaming. Esmail has a 5 season outline, and this show will make it to five. I guarantee it. Im in the know you might say

i don't doubt that it will make it to s5, but ratings wise, i'm sure the show will continue to see declining numbers if esmail doesn't start resolving shit in s3. although i guess the s2 finale could be a great way to pick up s3 with, hopefully esmail doesn't drop the ball on that and opens with other random enter the void type of self indulgence.

angela is best girl:

vimeo.com/181859596

Mr Reddit

Email has confirmed that s3 will have fsociety and the FBI teaming up to stop a russian hacker group who wear frog masks and spread digital propaganda.

Elliot is so handsome that he makes me question my sexuality tbqh

The second season is really sloppy.

I unequivocally believe its one of the best tv shows ever. I absolutely love it. Everything about it.

The music, the editing, the intro credits, the cast, the dialogue, the plot. All of it.

This show made me a happier person.

At first I found her somewhat attractive but after she went full Evil Corp she became hot as fuck.

It has to be my #1 most anticipated show to come back.

I havn't been this into a plot and its characters since Breaking Bad. I've literally been waiting for a show to come along and just captivate me to no end.

Really good. All Angela scenes are shit though

The prison reveal blew me away. did not she that shit coming

>what did you guys think of it?
it's reddit: the show

it's in that category of "almost good"

along with Donald Glover's "Atlanta"

Shit show for pleb audiences. Last two episodes of season 1 were dreadful.

DUDE BEAUTIFUL MIND LMAO

Cliché after cliché. Tried watching episode 1 of season 2, was bored to death.

People have very mixed opinions on the second season, a lot of criticism is the "twist" being too easy to guess along with others.

I think its just not as slick as season 1 was. It has some masterful moments though and overall it brings the plot to incredible heights. Yes it felt more scattered but I think I enjoyed it more or just as much as season 1. I had no issues with the second season and it just left me wanting season 3 that much more.

Also I watched both seasons twice within like a 3 month span, I fucking obsessed over this show.

how so?

I made it to the fourth episode of the first season, it was a series of hacky maudlin dream sequences that occasionally cut to an embarrassingly poorly written lesbian sideplot just to fill up the hour.
I took the shows creators running out of ideas within the first four episodes as a sign to drop this dogshit fast.

I legitimately have no idea why people enjoy this show. Can someone explain it to me? I watched all of season 1 and thought it started really strong and then got progressively worse really quickly.

I remember the first 3-4 episodes really just confusing people and even more so when after one or two they realized he was actually in jail. I really don't think it was something they were trying to hide TOO much since the reveal came not even mid season. After the first season you know people would be paying extremely close attention to every scene so the clues were easy to spot.

Also it just wasn't as coherent as the first season, but I didn't mind, I enjoyed the ride. I actually wish I hadn't read anything on the internet and got the prison reveal ruined for me.

Season 2 had some amazing moments, one of my favorites is when Dominique shows Darlene the wall of their photos and reveals they've been watching the entire time.

Also the action sequences when they do happens are straight tv kino.

Really? Thats odd because the show almost feels like a different show when you compare the first couple episodes to the last. It starts as almost a vigilante hacker show but wildly becomes different FAST and before we know it we're talking about complex themes and ideas.

I really don't know what to say, I feel like you shouldn't have liked it at all if you didn't like the latter half of the season. The show doesn't find its footing until half way in I'd say but that doesn't mean the first couple episodes are useless.

The most blatant act of unoriginal plagiarism in all of television history.

I was getting down with the depressing cyberpunk hacker show in a depressing world, but when he managed to infiltrate ecorp headquarters and fuck with their heating system it broke my immersion a lot, and Elliot talking down that one janitor or whatever wasn't believable at all. I didn't really buy the prison arc either. Elliot trying to explain game theory and zero-sum games to some dumbass gangster was bullshit. He would have realistically been shot and dumped in the river. If I was enjoying the show I would have probably enjoyed everything that went down in the last couple episodes of the first season, but by then I was kind of checked out.

I guess in hindsight I wouldn't really say it was a bad show, but I was a little disappointed by how it would get me excited then break my immersion with some bullshit.

Please explain.

Are you talking about the Fight Club influences? If so, Mr Robot is a great take on the concept and has also evolved past that initial idea.

You really need to follow through to the end of the second season because it sounds like you haven't, if I'm wrong then disregard.

It's most certainly not a show for everyone, but thats why its so good.

I'll give the second season a shot then.

Well for example, this

>Elliot trying to explain game theory and zero-sum games to some dumbass gangster was bullshit.

Makes a bit more sense if you follow through to the end, unless you know what I'm talking about. I'm trying to be vague, but its not as random as you would think. Still, it doesn't exactly make a ton of sense why he would be doing that still. I also don't know how something like that could be so immersion breaking for you, I mean Leon obviously comes off as a pretty down to earth dude and not a typical ghetto black guy.

BRAVO EMAIL
R
A
V
O

Too much faggot shit.
Stopped watching after half of season 1.
Shit show, pure propaganda.

I enjoy it. Season 1 was better than the 2nd in my opinion but then again I'd probably just watch "vigilante hacker man" if it was a show. Has some very nice shots if I remember as well especially for a TV show.
The plot could either be great or turn to absolute shit next Season but I guess we'll see.

>Film & TV: You're all doomed to a mind sucking death
What did he mean by this?

It's pretentious a bit but I realize that is intentional.