Main actor cannot act

>Main actor cannot act
>Main actress can act but is terrible Mary Jane
Why are Raimi's Spider-Man movies so popular?

Pizza time

>First ever Spider-man movies
>Good special effects for its time
>Entertaining performances like pic related
>A simple, yet strong narrative

Sam Raimi knows how to entertain while providing personality to his movies. The action got better after time, the performances were cheesy but likable and memorable. JK Simmons is literally the best casting of all goddamn time. They weren't masterpieces, but they're memorable fun.

Because they were released in a different time.

Spiderman 3 is a pleb filter

>Spiderman
>single greatest adaptation ever made of a comic
>hasn't aged well
>fun performances but its cheese is outdated, minus JK Simmons and Willem Dafoe
>Spiderman 2
>less cheese, solid story, less memorable performances but also much more grounded in reality
>only one that really holds up, but just barely
>Spiderman 3
>tire-fire that will smoke until the end of time
>there might be a solid movie on the cutting room floor if all the shit were taken out though, we'll never know

>single greatest adaptation of a comic AT THE TIME
theres been better since then obviously

There -is- a solid story in Spiderman 3. Kirsten Dunst can sing (she did the scene herself,) the Sandman parts were nicely and beautifully shot. The studio insisted on Venom, which is why it was forced in there and done horribly. Harry getting konked on the head was just stupid soap opera tier garbage, but you can see where there was a good movie in there before Sony fucked it up.

Yeah, you're right but the movie as a whole was just unfocused and turned to shit, overall. The worst part is that we never got teh fourth movie Raimi said was coming.

>>single greatest adaptation ever made of a comic
Of "a" comic? This isn't even a straight adaptation of how Spidey gets the black suit.

Fucking normies.

>JK Simmons is literally the best casting of all goddamn time
This is true for all of his roles. The man is brilliant.

Tobey doe eyes can act just fine, you're an idiot.

Too many cooks, user. It's a damn shame that we never got 4, but now that we're over the bad parts, I like looking at the positives of it, though I will never say that it wasn't a shit show over all.

kek

In hindsight the first two are kind of mopey, but were good for the time and had pretty good villains. The third one was shit, but I probably enjoyed it the most because of that
I wouldn't really trust the guy who spells his name wrong to be a comic expert, but I'm pretty sure hell would freeze over before we ever got a Secret Wars movie. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not

>Why are Raimi's Spider-Man movies so popular?

I'm not sure how young you are OP
But Rami's Spider films started all the Capeshit. It was really the only game in town at first along with boyfuckers X-men. So you have to look at it in that context.

Mostly nostalgia. Also they were quite characterfull and the effects were good for the time

>who spells his name wrong
I'd prefer a straight adaption of the Ultimate Clone Saga, just because of how stupid it is.

I meant Spiderman as opposed to Spider-man in the earlier post in the chain. Not "Spidey"

Oh, I see. I honestly couldn't believe someone who knew about Secret Wars had a problem with the Spidey nickname.

They should just have a movie that features every horrible thing the comics have done to him. I'm pretty sure one time in the 90's he just strait up killed a guy because he thought he had super powers and just punched him too hard

Batman movies though

There was a wave of "the Nolan treatment", but I wouldn't say that was entirely a cape thing

I just mean that batman movies had come out really steadily for over a decade before Spiderman

That's probably why people don't count batman movies as a part of that though. They're like Bond movies. People just assume there's going to be one every few years. The point is after X-Men there was a lot more coming out. In theory you could even give credit to Blade, but that's a huge stretch