Why is this show so unfunny?

Why is this show so unfunny?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oS9fk0kxmEg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Its first run was ok, but had nothing on KoTH, Simpsons or even Futurama. Comedy Central mainstreamed it after it picked up a following on AS, then they brought it back as a massive pile of Dane Cook-tier self-nostalgizing faggotry meant to appeal to the "lol so randumb I love that naked deaf guy he has a funny voice, I also understand that Stewie is gay sooooo wrong" crowd.

Because it has no jokes.

first season actually had some jokes and funny moments but then they realized the audience were 13 year old boys and potheads so they went full retard for profit

Fuck off, Reddit. Family Guy is unironically great. It's the most Sup Forums show out there. Dare I say I nearly rivals golden age Simpsons

Family guy is utter garbage outside of the first few seasons, fuck off

i will always love family guy i dont care i dont care i dont care.

i will look back upon my life and peter griffin will have been a great friend to me.

Because seth rogen is not very funny and extremly lazy
with lazy I do not only mean the fact that there are barely any story developed jokes but also, that multiple times he just put a minutelong musicvideo or the intro of barbera o'reilly or shit like that into an episode.
it just feels too dragged out
also the characters get more unlikeable by the episode

Did I ever tell you about Peter Griffin? He was a good friend

Even the first few seasons only make tolerable status.
underage
shameless pleb

its mcfarlane
retard

>13 year old boys and potheads so they went full retard for profit
Yeah, especially when this is one of your jokes
youtu.be/oS9fk0kxmEg

Yeah, even the first few seasons are awful, there's only a few jokes here and there and you're better off watching KOTH or early Simpsons

>le only the first few seasons are good

its better now, a nice thing to have on in the background

I SERIOUSLY doubt anyone on Sup Forums actually watches Family Guy.

I've seen every episode (I think) and the episodes written by the Chinese or whatever the fuck woman are all unanimously awful, terrible shit.

Most episodes are just something you put on when you're tired as shit or drunk or something. I probably get two good laughs out of an entire season.

because you're an idiot or possibly a hipster faggot who just doesn't like things because they are popular.

>le first few seasons meme

do you ever fucking think for yourself? that's the most rehashed cliche bullshit about literally every series of shows/games/movies

the first few seasons of family guy were shit, its one of the few shows that actually has gotten better the longer it's been around

the last two seasons are probably the best of the show desu

I can't imagine the audience that watches this shit every Sunday

The first few seasons before going off air were ok at best. They don't hold up for more than one viewing

4th season and on is shit tier randumb humor

No depth, just shock jokes and low hanging fruit pop culture bullshit

here.
I stopped watching after the first few season because I only ever found it "tolerable", and also I turned 16. Well done for misinterpreting my post entirely before spazzing out like a bitch though.

>the first few seasons of family guy were shit,
Well, I can agree with that, except it's still shit. Man people in the early 2000s must've had nothing else to watch if they were clamoring for this show to come back

It was okay but it's no Rick and Morty.

This is my first time on Sup Forums and I have to say it's pretty shit.
Reeks of reddit and plebs.

>do you ever fucking think for yourself?
yeah dog, doesn't mean you have to be an obnoxious contrarian faggot
>that's the most rehashed cliche bullshit about literally every series of shows/games/movies
That's not what a cliche is, fuckface. Also it happens to be true in nearly any form of media. The further you go from the initial concept for the purpose of money, the worse the quality.
Only exceptions are series/games where they planned out the entire thing from the start, like The Sopranos.

>imagine being so contrarian you think Alien 4 is as good as the original
>imagine being so contrarian you think Rocky XII: Drago's revenge is comparable to the original
>imagine being such a pleb retard you think South Park season 43: Stan's father explores the new technology fad - with hilarious results! is as good as the first three genius seasons
neck you'reself my man

South Park peaked after season 3 though mah dude, then went rapidly downhill again after season 10.

gonna have to disagree with you, the animations in the first seasons have so much life and energy compared to the later ones.
They also changed Cartman to a hilarious disturbed bullied bully to "kyle you're a jew xD", and I swear to god half of the episodes use "take something not serious and have characters react to it like it's the end of the world" as a plot. It's not funny damnit.

>the internet is down. N'Oh my gohd.
>someone's breaking world of warcraft. N'oh my god.
>someone's driving a le electric car. Oh my god etc etc etc

It was after that Scott Tetterman episode they pretty much changed his entire character to an edgy, evil villain. And yeah it's retarded how they take one minor thing in pop culture and turn it into some giant war, one of the worst was with the Jersey Shore because no one cared about any of that after a few months

Written by a liberal

Now you're saying South Park was better for the first few seasons too? Jesus christ

When you decide you like a soundbite you sure do stick with it.

Also:
>cliche: a phrase or opinion that is overused and betrays a lack of original thought

That's exactly what "first few seasons" is

>betrays a lack of original thought
>writes a 200 word essay arguing for my point
whatever dog, if you think the later south park seasons can even compete with the first ones, you're too retarded to spend time talking to.
>I'm smart because my I have a rare opinion
>nevermind it being retarded I just like to feel superior of others
kys

It was literally only because it was shown endlessly during the halcyon days of Adult Swim.

You can't replace jokes with references and expect it to work. Like that time when Harry Potter got a circumcision by optimus prime.

REMEMBER THAT TIME WHEN NON-SEQUITUR POP CULTURE REFERENCE?

I fucking hate how fat people look. I can't stand the look of them. Just look at him. How hard would it be to just not eat a bathtub worth of snickers everyday?

epic department I'd like to file a claim

I saw some of the episodes of the recent season, and they don't even have jokes anymore, they just snakily repeat mundane statements to each other that sound like jokes if you're not paying attention. Is this what American comedy is now?

I don't even put it on when I am drunk anymore. It is just that awful.

To be fair the idea of having strange and confusing wishes for your funeral your family have to honor because its what you want is actually pretty funny.

>Seth rogen

The fuck you smoking nuggah

>Seth rogen
>barbera o'reilly
Haha what the fuck

>Barbera oriely

Is it unfunny now? I haven't watched it since I was 12 or 13, which was back in 2006/07. Back then I found it really funny.

I'm somewhat sceptical about my sense of humour though since I never really enjoyed the Simpsons.

Just googled her, she's pretty cute

They have one anti-semitic writer that makes good jokes, the rest suck dick

Autism

when you think about it, the simpsons humor is:
>homer is dumdum
>and fat :D
>bart is brat :D haha get the name joke?
>lisa is smart but lonely
>maggie sucks on her pacifier
I don't even know if Marge is meant to be funny

>muh """""adult""""" cartoons

Simpsons, South Park, Family Guy even American Dad all deserve to be cancelled. If it wasn't for dudebro normies coming home drunk/high to watch something shit it wouldn't even exist.

the first run of family guy was actually great, it had some really god material

the 2nd run consists of zero effort LOL SO RANDUM XD jokes which are awful and lazy which basically sums up seth macfarland

So...this...is the power of autism

see
that is you my friend.

because it's jewish propaganda to destroy families and make people degenerates, hell the first fucking episode EVER had an anti-hitler propaganda skit right at the start, and then they proceed to mock how it brainwashes you with Stewies next line, how they get away with this shit i'll never understand.

Can you please explain why you think Seth McFartland is funny? I just don't get it.

>jokes

Are you me? I find myself wanting to punch every fat fuck I see. I literally give a look if scorn to them sometimes by mistake.

Maybe I have a problem. Maybe the army fucked me up, but I fucking hate fat fucks with a passion.

You're not high enough.

There is much more in simpsons humor than that.
I dont think marge is really ment to be funny idk.

The first run of Family Guy was considered good because the formula was still fresh. I remember, when Family Guy was first cancelled, the Internet was collectively furious. Another great TV show cancelled while crap is allowed to air.

Then it came back, and for a while, I guess some people liked it, but eventually, the formula got stale. Once South Park ripped on their cutaway gags and pop culture references, pretty much everyone did and we all decided to hate Family Guy.

But for a while, Family Guy was considered comedy gold, even though those earlier episodes weren't particularly any better than their later ones, simply because it was something new at the time.

I honestly don't know.

Like why is American Dad so much better than FG? Easy answer is that the people who create the show have more talent

Stupid bastard.

Absolutely dude.

>why is it bad
To many stupid cutaways, joles that last way too long
>cancel American dad
Kys

better main cast
10 times better supporting characters

you realize that normies are the majority in the world, and that you are literally the retarded one in everyones eyes right? but keep pretending you're somehow superior user. this is an anonymous imageboard for memers after all

The majority of people are less inteligent than the top 5% inteligent

It doesnt have any jokes.
All its humor comes from
>hey wouldnt it be funny if...
now you just insert something retarded and randomly throw it into the episode and vah lah you got yourself a full season of shit.

This. It's perfect background noise if you're trying to fall asleep too.

Pretty good shitpost