Memes aside, explain to me how soccer is not the worst sport

Memes aside, explain to me how soccer is not the worst sport.
>Retarded refs
>Players feign injury just to win games and then act like they earned it with skill
>Long ass damn near scoreless games
>Almost all aspects of the sport are controlled by giant clothing corporations
>Fans that turn into rabid animals and loose their shit, tear down stadiums and break out into fights.
>Shit rules
>No integrity or respect from outside communities
Inb4 just calling me a stupid fat burger and using other stupid "American" sport examples as a valid argument.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LmmN1vo80YQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1LW87rPBVCk
youtube.com/watch?v=ln35qLphK4I
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_FIFA_corruption_case
youtube.com/watch?v=j7gXE6IflNg
youtube.com/watch?v=e_dAEgfUJzU
youtube.com/watch?v=Tpg8C0JGCwQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tf
>tp

I'll say why I like it:
Insane skill:
youtube.com/watch?v=LmmN1vo80YQ

And it if you care for the team that is playing it's very exciting.

hockey has just as much skill but is also exciting though

God damn that's impressive. Do you think that a more independent less regulated format would help the sport? Also are there any videos like this but with actual scoring?

>scoring
One of the guys from the previous video scoring:
youtube.com/watch?v=1LW87rPBVCk

This, and refs are less part of the game.

Also since americans like tall guys. This dude is 6ft5in and this video is cool. it has goals and skills:
youtube.com/watch?v=ln35qLphK4I

>Retarded refs
They're in other sports too. I watch NBA and can't stand how the refs suck the dicks of star players.

>Players feign injury just to win games and then act like they earned it with skill
Kinda happens in basketball too. James Harden for example.

People have different taste. What they like in football is the surprise and the emotion of their team scoring once, and that doesn't happen in other sports.

>Fans that turn into rabid animals and loose their shit, tear down stadiums and break out into fights
That's because the most popular sport in third world countries is football. If it was another sport there would be fights as well.

I agree with the other points tho

>Fans that turn into rabid animals and loose their shit, tear down stadiums and break out into fights
That's a pro not a con you idiot. But otherwise I agree with most of your points. I just follow it because I've played it all my life. But I enjoy hockey much more and follow NHL and my hometown team in Sweden more closely than soccer.

>"Memes aside,"
>proceeds to list a bunch of memes

Refs and diving are literally the worst part of soccer and its usually amplified in the world cup

>flop
>pretend to be seriously injured as a result of another player
>allowed to get right up and continue play.

Something as simple as making them sit on the sideline for a few minutes if they are "injured" would stop that shit.

Flopping started in the NFL, and a simple rule change to having to sit out a play if you stop play ended it for the most part. The losing a timeout, did kill it.

what if they're legit hurt? that would reward the opponents for hurting them

The music in that video is perfect. Shame soccer is full of shameless divers

Not quite IMO

The NBA is a joke and you shhould stop watching it

How?

using other stupid "American" sport examples as a valid argument.

>They're in other sports too. I watch NBA and can't stand how the refs suck the dicks of star players.

>Kinda happens in basketball too. James Harden for example.

>If it was another sport there would be fights as well.

Are you a retard? Did you read the post?

>soccer is not the worst sport because basketball is also bad

>How?
they'd play against 10 players

I know you're baiting but I'll play.

>Retarded refs
how are they retarded?
they're human, they make mistakes, like every ref in every fucking thing there is to ref.

faking injuries doesn't win you games, don't know what you're talking about, and divers are hated worldwide.
we have VAR now so I suspect they won't fake anymore, at least not in the box which is where they always dive.

how much of an actual mentally retarded human being do you have to be for your mind to drift off because of low scoring? there's more to this sport than just scoring, that's what's entertaining.

literally what the fuck are you talking about

>Fans that turn into rabid animals and loose their shit, tear down stadiums and break out into fights.
that's because we have clubs, not franchises, so we have an actual sense of belonging to said club, and then theirs the national team, which you wouldn't know about since your retarded sports are only played domestically, by you, and no, this is not in your "inb4".

>Shit rules
shit opinion 2bh

what

>what if they're legit hurt?
Then wouldn't they be leaving the field anyways?
If you are really hurt, wallerin around on the field for 30 seconds doesn't fix it.

Soccer is only popular because its the easiest sport to play. Most other sports require proper equipment where soccer only needs a ball. Tennis is the "best" sport but you need proper stuff to play it.

Don't they take substitutes to the game?

And if a player actually hurt another player it would be much easier to judge, and red card them.

never heard the phrase run it off? magic sponge?

>Then wouldn't they be leaving the field anyways?
have you ever than anything physical?
you can get hurt and still play, but not immediately.

>than
done*

you can only use 3
and no refs get it wrong quite regularly, it often happens to quick to tell. hence being able to con them sometimes.

I'm still not getting what you mean so let's start at the beginning. user suggested this:

>Something as simple as making them sit on the sideline for a few minutes if they are "injured" would stop that shit.

How can this rule backfire? They'd have to play with 10 men? That's the whole point of the rule, to prevent flopping. Just don't flop. Players would attempt to injure? They would be red-carded, just like if it happened now.

What's the downside?

Id imagine there would be a lot of goals scored in the 2 minutes where players are off injured. They already do have this rule to an extent, once a player is taken off the pitch for treatment, he waits until he can be let back in. You clearly have no clue about the "pain" felt in football though. Half of the times a player is on the ground from a tackle it just hurts for about 30 seconds, then you can get on with it. Its not like everytime they play on after they go down they are just faking to win time.

>>Long ass damn near scoreless games
i personally would rather watch 90 minutes of scoreless soccer than 3-4 hours of football with an adbreak every 5 minutes

>That's the whole point of the rule, to prevent flopping
but if they are truly hurt you're making them play with 10 men, when the team that committed the foul still plays with 11.

>They would be red-carded, just like if it happened now.
you're not red carded for everything, it's only extremely aggresive actions, webm related might be a yellow at best.

despite what ameridums say, football players get really hurt, and they still play.

>Players would attempt to injure? They would be red-carded
In theory

Sometimes its just a clash and no one is really at fault. If you get hurt for 10-20 seconds in that scenario and get sin binned for it that's a bit bizarre.

Post match reviews of diving for free kicks and a strong approach to punishing them with bans is the way forward. Way overdue now.

I tried watching American sport and there were ads every minute, I like my football because it's just 90 minutes and with one piss break

>literally what the fuck are you talking about
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_FIFA_corruption_case
This, among others you absolute potato

if a player is caught flopping, ban them from the sport forever

>on the ground from a tackle it just hurts for about 30 seconds
>If you get hurt for 10-20 seconds in that scenario
No reason to roll around on the floor like you've been shot though. These are grown men, get up and play on if you're just in pain, not injured

>but if they are truly hurt you're making them play with 10 men, when the team that committed the foul still plays with 11.
Let's tweak it a bit then: Teams have the option of having that player sit out for a few minutes, or immediately subbing him. Once subs run out, any other injured player will have to come off, just like it happens now. What's the downside now?

The best part of this webm will always be that smirk on Forlan's face

>sponsorship
>almost all aspects of the sport
I think you might be legitimately retarded m8

>Post match reviews of diving for free kicks and a strong approach to punishing them with bans is the way forward. Way overdue now.
Agreed completely, and this is a better solution than any other ITT. Didn't the Scottish FA try that a few years back and got cock-blocked by FIFA?

What are your opinions on the above Brit's suggestion?

>What's the downside now?
it's the same thing.
you're punishing the team that has a hurt player by either making them play with 10 or forcing a sub on a player that (being a starter is clearly superior to the sub) may very well still be able to play.

But isn't that exactly what happens now if a player gets injured and has to come out?

it's not his suggestion, it's what literally we've all been trying to implement but we don't run the whole thing.

yeah but they get quite some time to lie down on the field and when they're forced to go out it's just a few seconds.

I get you don't make the rules but why do you think it's not being implemented? What's the argument against it?

That means they are not injured then, they are just in pain. Give them ten seconds then force them up or have them sit out a bit. If they're not actually hurt then this poses no risk to their health. Considering a lot of players lie down to either draw cards or waste time, I don't think it's unreasonable to crack down on this. Where's the down side to what I suggested?

personally I think the big clubs don't want it because they benefit more from the current system.

Problem solved.

when they dive and roll about it doesn't usually take as long as when they're genuinely hurt

i'd say that if the ref suspects they're milking a foul and getting treatment to waste time he should be able to ask them to leave the field for treatment unless that endangers their health

>when they dive and roll about it doesn't usually take as long as when they're genuinely hurt
>usually
That's the problem and what this rule is trying to eliminate completely. If they are injured, they'd have to go off anyway. If not, either get up, or be treated as if you are injured and sit out.

I still haven't heard a good argument against this

>I get you don't make the rules but why do you think it's not being implemented? What's the argument against it?
FIFA has been reluctant to changes for centuries.
just in the 2014 WC was the goal line technology implemented, I suspect because the brits got assblasted from Lampard's goal that was ignored in 2010 against Germany.

Blatter (the guy that ran fifa since the 90's) was banned from FIFA in 2015 and since then there's been a lot of changes to the game, incluiding Video Asisted Ref that we all have been asking for for ages, something might be done about this as well, I don't know.

>That means they are not injured then
look, the amerimutt wanted to punish divers by implementing a sin bin and making them spend like 10 minutes in it.
you can't do that, you can't punish divers like that.
reviewing plays after the game and penalizing them after the game is the only correct way to go about this.

you still seem to be struggling with the idea that not everyone who gets injured will be substituted

>I still haven't heard a good argument against this
that's what we do though.
you get like 30 seconds, a minute tops on the field, then you're forced to leave, if you need it they have stretchers and even like golf carts but with medical stuff like a stretcher and they take you off.

but you have to let them roll around because you never know when they're hurt or faking, you can't punish those who can get up and play since the other team fouled them (sometimes it's just a clash, not even a foul) for the sake of getting rid of diving.

I think the generalizations are correct, but only when it comes to national tournaments like the World Cup. 4 years of qualifications will be wasted without any pragmatism.

Club football is totally different. In the Premier League for instance, competing is undeniably engrossing to watch. There will be episodes of shit but supporting the club is the best feeling there is.

Isn't that what happens now though?

>you can't do that, you can't punish divers like that.
I need a good reason why not

>but you have to let them roll around because you never know when they're hurt or faking
Only the player knows, and again, that's the whole point of the suggested rule. If he's actually injured, he'll have to stay down, he'll have no choice. If not, he has the choice of getting up, or continuing to fake it (knowing that he'll have to sit out for awhile, he will most likely chose to get up). This seems like a solution to the play-acting bullshit to me.

Not trying to be combative or belittle anyone, but I'm still looking for a valid argument against

I'd hate to watch an episode of shit

Clearly the best strategy in modern povertyball is to run into the giant rectangle and fall down pretending to be hurt.

>I need a good reason why not
because you'd be punish a lot more people that aren't diving.
like a lot more.

>Only the player knows...
I don't think I understand what you're suggesting.

povertyball/divegrass/monkeyroll

all the same shithole "sport"

Im not referring to 13 Reasons Why m8

>Retarded refs
Exist in every other sport.

They should be punished harshly, yeah.

Legit complain.

No.

Vocal minority etc.

>Shit rules
No.

What does this even mean?

el creatura señoars y señoers

>run into penalty area
>throw self onto ground and fake injury
>referees carefully calculate if your team is rich enough and how famous of a player you are
>if the figure is acceptable, a penalty kick is awarded to most famous player on your team

people will defend this

>because you'd be punish a lot more people that aren't diving.
>like a lot more.
No, because if they aren't injured, they can get up. Pain is painful whether you roll around crying or not. Not injured, get up. Why are you suggesting that isn't possible?

>I don't think I understand what you're suggesting.
Only the player on the ground knows whether they themselves are injured

Aren't you implying to compare it to different sports if you claim soccer to be the worst? You must think there are better ones?

The sport itself is just a fun game that is somewhat simple. To play it you only need a ball, or sth that substitutes as a ball.

The professional soccer definitely turned shit. Fifa, Uefa, refs, cocky players, customers, violence, etc. It suffers from its fame.

But it is just nice to see people doing things with the ball that nobody else can do.
Or watching a well attuned team beating a supposably favorite.
I also like that there is no specific body profile to play the sport.

>No, because if they aren't injured
not immediately, have you ever done sports? you have ti give them like 30 seconds to 1 minute, otherwise force them to go off for a bit, and that's what we do.

>Only the player on the ground knows whether they themselves are injured
I was referring more to your solution for this.

>not immediately, have you ever done sports?
Yes, and played football and hockey, two rougher sports than soccer, and you can get up immediately. Watch the NFL or NHL, the get up immediately from huge hits unless they are really injured. Webm posted is an example

Why is hockey tougher? It's because of the little fights on skates (that look ridiculous) and have nothing to do with the game itself?

I defend this

youtube.com/watch?v=j7gXE6IflNg

driving a car with you feet is insane skill

however that doesn't mean I want to watch it or it's a good idea

hence soccer sucks

in your webm the game looks like it's either stopping or just about to stop.
that doesn't happen in real football, it's 90 minutes of continuous play, you can't just leave your team with 10 players so you can't stand up immediately to get treatment or whatever.
handegg is not a good example because of this, you have like 12 minutes of play in 2 hourse of a game, and I don't even know how subs work.
also, hockey doesn't look to be tougher than football.

You also can run as quick as you want just like in handegg and you jump for headers.

it's rather difficult to care about a car.

where do you get the 12 minutes in a game thought?

...okay then
but you mainly kick a ball around for 90 minutes and not touch each other.

every 30 minutes someone kicks a ball in a net and everyone freaks out

that's soccer.

Also, if players aren't mostly play-acting when they hit the ground, why does it seem to be players from a few countries (mostly Brazilians) doing it all the time?

Because you are allow to slam other players into the bards or onto the hard ice surface. Plus the players are much bigger/stronger. Don't ask silly questions please

I'm not saying you can't get hurt, but other than those freak injuries, you get injured less in soccer than hockey

Not sure what your talking about but my point is you can indeed just get up if you're not injured. Let's not be blind here, most soccer players rolling around on the ground are play-acting until they get their magic spray

>be human being
>one major defining human trait is opposable thumbs allowing for grasping
>most played human sport doesn't allow you to use your hands
so fucking stupid 2bh

did I say 12 minutes in 2 hours?
I'm sorry, I meant 11 minutes in 3 hours.

Messi is faster with the ball on his feet than handegg runners

>the other is intelligence
>niggers dominate his sport
lmao

umm do you not understand how the clock works in the games?

Do you think players just magically appear at their position before a play is snapped?

I don't know who gets more injured but what i know is that a lot of bones have been broken and ligaments torn
youtube.com/watch?v=e_dAEgfUJzU

>Also, if players aren't mostly play-acting when they hit the ground, why does it seem to be players from a few countries (mostly Brazilians) doing it all the time?
I really don't want to start a shitposting back and forth, but this sounds like a retarded opinion you formed on this board and not by actually watching the sport.

>Not sure what your talking about but my point is you can indeed just get up if you're not injured. Let's not be blind here, most soccer players rolling around on the ground are play-acting until they get their magic spray
but most of the time they just roll around or lie down for like 30 seconds and then get up.

lol no he's not. No lol omg that's retarded. They've clocked the speed on players both sports. nfl players will run around 21-22 mph. Guys who are like 6'3, 230 lbs. Messi runs around 18 mph.

the Falcons literally lost a superbowl for being too slow to get into their positions, niggersports lel

he's absolutely not faster than fast football players

wat

Too challenging?

youtube.com/watch?v=Tpg8C0JGCwQ

no they lost because they had been running for almost 2 hours straight.

See how the sports works is like this.

Guys line up in position before the snap
there is alot of motion before the snap happens, guys moving, counter moving etc
snap happens
sometimes the clock stops after the play, guys have to run back into position and
repeat

average nfl wide receivers and defensive backs will run 8 to 9 miles.

So unless they can run a mile every 2 minutes...

tldr you are a moron

what's that have to do with nfl players being way faster and way bigger and to be honest way more skilled over all?

seriously.... he's a short man who runs slow who kicks a ball at a large net

They wasted a crucial time out because the niggers weren't disciplined enough to get into their positions in time LMAO

the most important game of the fucking world and they can't even get the basics right, fucking pathetic sport

Who cares? If you don't like it just don't watch it. I think golf is boring and shit, but I just don't watch it, I don't complain about it

just pointlessly limiting

golf is comfy to watch especially if you play

the AMERICAN commentator says it himself, that Messi WITH THE BALL is as fast as roided guy WITHOUT ANYTHING

dejá de contestarle, mogólico.

But I do actually watch the sport. Maybe not as much as you, but I do. Brazilians are WIDELY known to be the worst

>but most of the time they just roll around or lie down for like 30 seconds and then get up.
Point is, they can just get up if not injured. Honestly, just burying your head in the sand and ignoring the obviously is never a good strategy. Do you honestly not want to see diving eliminated?

I don't doubt you can get hurt playing soccer, you surely can and it can be rough

Remember the football player is wearing heavy pads

NO HABLO ESPANOL LO SIENTO

you're delusional if you think Messi is faster than NFL players like Chris Johnson

no....

in the nfl it's upper and lowerbody the players had the shit kicked out of them. they just ran out of gas. it's not soccer where they just run around for 90 minutes not touching each other.
>a commentator

How about this guys. How would messi do in the nfl?

shadilay my fellow MAGApede, you sure BTFO those stupid eurocucks

if Amendola can do it, then so can Messi lmao