I'm trying to find some similar films that have a theme of time travel / alternate reality like in these films

I'm trying to find some similar films that have a theme of time travel / alternate reality like in these films

Triangle, Coherence, Primer, The One I Love, Another Earth.

Do you guys have any other recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-dBLkWlQedg
imdb.com/title/tt2669336/?ref_=tt_rec_tt
imdb.com/title/tt5640450/?ref_=tt_rec_tt
imdb.com/title/tt2436386/?ref_=tt_rec_tt
youtu.be/Gkq4nrF2ROM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

cronocrimenes but i assume you already know about that one

The Butterfly Effect

timecop starring jean claude van damme

It's not in English is it?

no it's in the lingua franca: spanish

Predestination is one I saw recently
It doesn't quite have the eerie vibe that Triangle or Coherence have but it's p cool

Existenz might count for alternate "reality"

I watched this recently. 5/10, girl's pretty hot. Looks like a J-Law clone.

It's like Primer but less shit.

I enjoyed the concept of this one and yea I'd put it in the same category as the other films

Moon, Predestination, Interstellar, Source Code, Time Crimes, The Fountain, Pi (symbol), Edge of Tomorrow

Upside Down if you like romances
It's not quite an alternate reality but instead two planets, if I remember correctly.

Started this list a while back, obviously unfinished. If you liked Triangle chances are you'd like the rest of these.

12 monkeys

Good shout

absolute kino

This movie reminds me of another movie I can't remember the name of.

A group of young people go camping on a beach and there's a guy there already camping with his arm in a cast and he's the devil and they're in purgatory or something like that - any one know it?

movies like that are very specific rare, and the ones that I can think of are all already posted itt, you might as well start watching short films, there's some good stuff if you search for it
youtu.be/-dBLkWlQedg
I liked this one for example, maybe following youtube recommendations you'll find something for your tastes, or try looking on vimeo, there's some cool artsy stuff on here

I feel your pain tho, I love indie-ish movies, possibly one location, with some mind fuckery going on, but there's not enough of this niche, most indie low budget flicks of the last fifteen years are almost all mumblecore stuff where barely anything happens

other suggestions
imdb.com/title/tt2669336/?ref_=tt_rec_tt
imdb.com/title/tt5640450/?ref_=tt_rec_tt
imdb.com/title/tt2436386/?ref_=tt_rec_tt

Time Lapse (2014)

Triangle was really well done. One of the few movies like this that delivers on its promise

Is there a name of the genre for these types of movies? Time loop or something like that?

genres aren't very useful in this case, the broad one is sci-fi, but this is a niche that's difficult to categorize
you'll often see articles and blogpost about 'mind fucking indie movies' where you'll find things like Primer or Coherence, but also movies like The Man From Earth (wich I recommend) or The Quiet Earth

It's maybe a trope but not a full blown genre. Beware going to TVTropes for a list of films. You may not escape.

tvtropes is a white rabbit's hole, I know, can you find a specific link about this pls?
at a first glance there's so much shit that I might end with something totally different

There needs to be some sort of private eye whose job it is just to look this shit up without direct personal risk of getting stuck.

>Film
>Groundhog Day
>Dead of Night (1945)
>Stork Day (Ita)
>12:01 (1973) (1993)
>A Chinese Odyssey (?)
>Lola Rennt
>And Then Came Lola (?)
>The Last Day of Summer (Nickelodean)
>Hellraiser: Inferno (Ambiguous?)
>Various Christmas Carol adaptations
>Nightmare on Elm Street 4: DREAM MASTER
>Open Graves (?)
>1408
>Camp Daze
>Repeaters
>High Spirits
>Source Code (shit)
>About Time (Romcom?)
>Edge of Tomorrow
>Premature (?)
>In the Mouth of Madness
>Salvage
>Haunter
>I Do I Do I Do (Halmark Original)
>ARQ
>Dr. Strange

And all tabs are clear.

doing god's work user

run lola run sucks ass and its not exactly a time loop movie, it just shows the same story 3 different ways.

I haven't seen it since the 90s, it was all about the soundtrack deshonestly

ive seen it recently and im also german. the music is fine, this type of rave music doesnt age well tho. but the worst is how cringy the dialog is, but i mean for a german indie movie its well made.

YOU SHOT HIM

HE'S DEAD

Inception. Surprised that no-one has mentioned it yet, even if Sup Forums hates it.

>run lola run sucks ass
Wew pleb.

There is a late 90s movie called "sliding doors."

Goop is running to catch the doors on a train in the london underground. The movie splits between showing how her life plays out if she made it on the train, or if she missed it. The movie cuts back and forth between the two parallel universes.
In one she makes the train, gets home early, and walks in on her fiance sleeping with another woman. In the other she misses the train and gets home after her BF was finished.

The movie isn't going to knock your socks off or anything, but its solid enough and has an interesting premise that its worth checking out.
Plus prime goop a cute.

Oh man, I remember that the best part of the movie were her thighs.
Almost every shot had those delicious white thighs.
But then she just had to start covering her because of plot. I almost got mad at that point.

Loop (2016)
youtu.be/Gkq4nrF2ROM