ITT: We discuss which countries have been the most important in shaping the world at large as we know it today

ITT: We discuss which countries have been the most important in shaping the world at large as we know it today.

Some interesting regions which I've left out:

>Scandinavia
>Central Asian countries
>South-East Asian countries

Do you figure some countries in these regions deserve to be on the list, if so, why?

No butterfly affect shit allowed.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camps_and_bases_of_the_Singapore_Armed_Forces
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Japan and Korea have contributed in the modern era

Grease and italy.

>muh anime
>muh samsung
Kill yourself fag.

No, I mean stuff like cultured milk (yakult) and more obscure technologies involving CPUs etc etc

Japanese cartoons are a minor thing in the gulf of time, but it has its niche

>australia
kek

Estonia should have been left in! Estonians are cute, and sexy...

>Australia

>australia

I hope I never meet the likes of you in the army

>Australia
>Hungary

When are you enlisting? Next February for me! at PES E stay-out camp so I don't have to grow muscles and can remain a twinky twink~!

>Poland

I doubt Korea has ever contributed to the world so much as to deserve a place on the list. Rather, we've taken advantage of other advanced countries economies and technologies such as Japan. Samsung started off with copying everything that Sony made and Hyundai, which's the largest car manufacturer in Korea, also started its business on the core technologies that Japan provided. The credit should go to Japan, if any.

Not Vatican City

>

>Spain

As far as I know, Singaporeans are also subject to millitary conscription, am I right? If so, then if you guys go into the army on the same day then you guys end up in the same camp? You know, cos Singapore doesn't seem spacious enough to have several millitary camps scattered around the country.

>Singapore doesn't seem spacious enough to have several millitary camps scattered around the country.
There's a whole fuckload of military camps. Around 20 if I'm not wrong.

And I think you're allocated camps based on your vocation after boot but I'm not sure, since I haven't gone in. And even then I'm exempted from physical activity so I probably won't face the same allocation criteria as the others undergoing regular conscription.

>20 camps in Singapore
That many? If memory serves, Singapore's size is similar to that of Seoul but it has that many camps..

>Australia

Our civilization stems from one place only. Beyond that, it can be argued that almost any country that exists today is equally important to modern society.

There's a whole fuckload

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camps_and_bases_of_the_Singapore_Armed_Forces

But they're all quite small
Boot for most people is on an island offshore specially set aside for military use.

>yakult
I didn't know that milk is sold globally:)

Polunde out, Uzbekistan in.
reason : Uzbekistan has so many historically important medieval cities like Urgench, Samarkand and Bukhara.

Sony was basically China in the 60's too

This, and Turkmenistan too. Turkmenistan has Khiva, and Merv (modern Mary) was once the largest city in the world.

AssPain

Ah ha. Thanks user.

take away Poland, Nepal and Australia and add Japan, please

>France
>UK
>Italy
>Germany

>muh anime

Both countries have made strides, Samsung has a fair amount of victories including bendable screens etc etc

Copying is only a natural process, did the Europeans care about copyright when they imported gunpowder? Dont feel too bad about it, the centre for internet piracy is in a western country lmao

You whore, I hope you get buttraped

Why is Poland SA and Nepal there?

Y-yes! I hope so too :3

Sweden has made contributed elements on the periodic table and Denmark has Bohr.
Norway invented the cheese slicer.

>Nepal
Buddhism
>Saudis
Islam/Angry Bedouins
>Poland
Unwilling human shield of yurob

Are you actually a trap, give proofs

Norway invented object oriented programming language and aerosol spray.

I'm not a trap, I'm a twink but I hope to become a trap after I finish NS!

It's the guy who made C++ right?

I don't believe you, post your butt

>Buddhism
It's the birthplace of Buddha but it's not the foundation of Buddhism, that's India desu. It's like comparing Palestine to Constantinople.

>australia

No, my policy is that I don't post any personal pictures online x

Don't agree with us being there, but we have unironically invented a lot of important stuff. Most of it is medical, but shit like the sunshine harvester and wi-fi were all invented here

what did he mean by this

>Australia
>Polonia

oh yeah, man Egypt and Iraq shaped the world so much...

Agriculture and writing emerged from Iraq you nonce

No, he's Danish. It was called Simula and was the first object oriented programming language.

you're telling me Iraqis existed back then?

>Australia
is this a joke?

?low iq brain

retard

Poland contributed nothing. Not sure about Hungary.

we invented vitamin c, faggot

Doesn't matter. If you want to qualify a country's achievements on how related its modern people are as compared to the people who made those achievements, you'll have to draw a line on a complex spectrum as a threshold. And that's completely arbitrary.

Why is the USA on this list?

Why Tunisia, Hungary, Poland and Australia?
Please switch Italy for the Vatican

no, it's not arbirtray at all

The people that developed agriculture and writting did not identify as Iraqis nor did even know what Iraq was, therfore Iraq is not related to their achievments.

Continuity is not arbitrary.

Since OP is about which "countries" shaped the world, It's hard for me to say Iraq did any of the sort.

Wi-fi was invested in AU? Another fact that I haven't known so far.

>Germany
>Poland
>Hungary
>Austria
Retard

So what would be your criterion for inclusion?

I would murder you if I ever saw you in real life. You insufferable faggots should count yourself lucky that your autism compells you to stay inside.

user! If you insult me more, I m-might fall in love with you!

>The absolute state of Singapore

Your ancestors won't find Australia if it wasn't us that kind enough to show the way.