APOLOGIZE

APOLOGIZE

It flopped because it go bad reviews, had shit trailers, and anime has zero appeal to the GA. The general audience doesn't care about these made up Internet "controversies".

So they are blaming minorities? That seems a little problematic.

>the country that elected donald trump
>giving a fuck about whitewashing

It flopped because it looked like a soulless money grab of a popular anime and everyone could see that. Audiences aren't dumb anymore. Make something inspired next time and don't count on an star's clout to carry your film.

It flopped because Sup Forums

It's because the general public doesn't want to watch an action movie with a female lead. What was the last to not be a complete flop? Salt?

Lucy probably

It flopped because Jewlywood cant make shit beyond anti-white propaganda.

It flopped because they underestimate the ignorance of normies who don't even know the biggest names of other forms of media. The people who are interested in Ghost in the Shell aren't the type to be excited for a hollywood remake.

>controversy resulted in less people knowing or caring about something

i'm almost certain it flopped because, despite its acclaim, the original ghost in the shell is not a massively well known movie. i agree that johanssen was grossly miscast but i'm sure the result would have been the same with anyone else in the role.

I watched this yesterday. I haven't watched the anime btw. It was okay, the cyberpunk atmosphere was pretty fucking great but the story is kinda bland.

Also I don't know why people are complaining about whitewashing. In the movie she's actually Japanese or whatever, just her shell is white looking because let's face it, whites are better looking.

Plus anime chicks look white anyway

Now we'll never get a proper R-rated adaptation. Thanks, Scarlett.

It flopped because its a shit film, thats all

How about they stop hiring the hack that wrote the 2 worst Transformers movies to do the script?

Aren't they saying it flopped because libtards got mad at the fact that a film directed at a predominently white audience had a white lead, and therefore gave it shit reviews and shit publicity, which scared off audiences? If so, it's kinda hard to disagree with that...

>It flopped because it go bad reviews

Most of the bad reviews slated it because of said "whitewashing." I'm glad that Sup Forums has finally stopped being tsundere and jumped in bed with the SJWs to take down problematic movies.

No nipples =
Flopped in Box Office

I was really dissapointed. I was, probably irrationally, moderatedly optimistic. But I barely had any redeemable qualities. The script was absolute trash, like literally what is expected when one thinks of "Hollywood shit". Everything was super obvious, every single thing was stated explicitly through dialogue instead of shown.

Too bad, I was expecting a bit more, not sure why.

I actually had low expectations about this movie and felt dissapointed anyway. It's really bad: dialogs, Scarlett's acting and her Andromeda-tier walking, the plot, the 'friendzoned guy' Bato. I couldn't help but burst out laughing when the SPIDER-TANK appears. After that I came home and watched the anime and it was a god-tier in comparison with movie: interesting dialogs which make sense, badass Bato, the whole main idea without melodrama. Even that spider-tank was a lot better because it wasn't super blurred and felt dangerous (mostly because the way tank's damage dealt animated).

Geishas were cool though.

Sup Forums has been SJW central ever since the capeshit invasion in 2012. why do you think so many fags here get triggered by trump?

The movie was still shit, it deserved bad reviews

GITS 1995 was Rated R in North America, stop posting this shit.

>tfw we live in a timeline where every time a piece of media fails it'll get attributed to sexism, racism or political controversy instead of "Because no one wanted to see it and the ones that saw it thought it was shit"

This isn't 1997. General audiences are all online.

By that logic any movie that isn't based on something well-known would be a flop.

The movie would have made like half of what it made with a literal who japanese lead.

Both the right and the left hated this movie.

>jew
>white

I hope Hollywood is gonna take the wrong conclusions from this and starts to churn out a bunch of minority lead anime adaptions that become colossal box office failures.

they made a shit version of an overrated anime from 1995

Death Note USA is fucked

Chinks are mad. Any faggot saying "it was shit hurrrr" is an assblasted yellow skinned chink.

It's pure pleb filter
Sup Forumseddit iqlets will never understand it

>anime is a trash media
>base a movie off it
>surprised when it's shit

It's good if you just wanted to see an okay sci-fi with heavy homage to the Ghost in the shell series and first movie.

The original anime movies weren't great story wise, and were almost masturbatory in the way they handled philosophy. You guys claim Rupert's Major had wrong characterization? Well the Major had almost zero backstory in the first movie.

Arise also took liberties with the Major and made her much more human and emotional but no one cared about that.

ScarJo isn't white though.

No, most said it was shit compared to the original. Which, hey look at that, it was.

I think more people were expecting (correctly) to get a 1:1 adaption, then they got something like a homage and an original story, which split the quality in half

No, it's because cinema is dying, anime is cringeworthy and thus too embarassing to watch for the average normie, it alienated the fans, and it sucked balls. If anything, the controversy made it sell more tickets overall.

Is this an article somewhere? What did they do to prove that it failed because of whitewashing? The majority of reviews didn't mention that being the reason the movie was bad.

also because everyone involved in the project was a talentless hack

>Well the Major had almost zero backstory in the first movie.

That's the point...

>prometheus is bad
This is reddit, this is Sup Forums, this is hotpockets, this is anti-art, this is memes

Not really. The only people mad about this whole "whitewashing" bullshit are white liberals

Also, Scarlett looks horrible in that outfit. Probably doesnt help promote any appeal for the movie.

Yeah, well, what do you expect? The first time around it was a flop too. There's a reason you don't remake flops.

It flopped cuz it's fucking weebshit.

Amazing that Marvel is trying to claim that diversity is killing their revenue while cinema is trying to claim that a lack of diversity is killing theirs.

Fans hated Arise.

The philosophy was a part of what elevated the movie, as well as animation, design, and the cinematography. Nobody needed or wanted a backstory.

lmao

Woah another non Disney Scarlett Johansson movie flopped what a surprise.

>What did they do to prove that it failed because of whitewashing?

Well they got a little queasy, and then they got sleepy. Then they blamed something that surely brought the movie more sales.

Yet another reason to hate whites. Fuck Trump and fuck white people.

Would've even flopped harder if some 'literally who' asian actor had played the role.

You apologize to me for making me watch the 90s one. Animation is the art of bringing life to inanimate shapes and figures on a page. Taken as the sum of their parts, none of the shapes that make up characters by Chuck Jones, or Osamu Tezuka, or John Kricfalusi seem like much, but put them through a few basic principles of animation and they seem more lively and empathetic than you or me

The approach taken by the Ghost in the Shell movie kind of seems like the opposite. Realistic figures that could be called a human, are made to move and act flatly, awkwardly, in all the wrong places. A large chunk of the time they are rotoscoped, poorly. A direction which makes no sense in anime a medium that can be exaggerated and stretched and symbolic and meanngless. Ghost in the Shell takes these figures and removes any character they might have, makes them less than human. Ghost in the Shell calls this realism

Paired with this desire to be realistic is a desire to be "mature". The film's idea of maturity being tits, guns, and grimaces. The full extent of the protagonist's character, is that she is a grimacing girl with a gun, her tits out, and robotic powers, all of these are fully apparent on the cover box art. The city this takes place in, which could have been an imaginative, sprawling Cyperpunk dystopia, seems more like Cleveland, Ohio at it's most dreary and dilapidated

The premise behind this story feels more like the opening text crawl to the Phantom Menace than anything else. We're given little reason to care why these characters are shooting at each other beyond some in universe jargon and tired, "intelligent" tropes of transhumanism and hollywood hacking we're just expected to go with. I don't mind a world full of terminology and vague plotlines, one of my favorite Anime is Serial Experiments Lain, but at least there we have a world and a thematic landscape worth getting lost in, here we just have what could be a fanfiction of a fanfiction of a reboot of a rip-off

Do reddit and tumblr honestly think that 95% of kino goes which are normies have seen the original source let alone think about tumblr terminology like whitewashing?

We did it brothers, SJW in the Shell flopped because no one is interested in 'muh strong womyn protagonist' movies. A good cyberpunk movie with a strong male lead that people can actually relate and believe in would do well in the box office.

Movie was just okay. The main problem was the plot, which was really generic. 5.5/10

no the assertion is this failed because of blacks. Whites don't have a problem with whitewashing so this failed because the blacks weren't watching the whites because they were mad about the japanese not being japanese.

It flopped because nobody wants to fucking see a Live Action GiTS which was a shitty done Robo-Cop.

Is this what they're telling their shareholders?

>Power rangers flopped harder
>And it retcon characters to be dykes and Autistic
Something seems off

She don't care, she got her paycheck and has moved on

It had a very niche audience from the beginning. If they were smart they would've got rid of all the dumb, distracting CGI holograms and cut the budget in half.

if they were smart they would have called is something that wasn't retarded.

like sexy cyber ghost skerfuffle

So the mainstream media is going to take this opportunity to push their agenda? What a surprise.

You must understand the conservative trap. They want you to blame SJW for the movie being shit. So they can keep making shitty movies.

>Nice shooting, girl. What's your name?

>Matoko

Did they think they could get away with it?

fuck all of you this movie was fine. 7-8/10 would watch again. i'm hoping for an extended cut or a sequel

Hope in one hand and shit in the other and see which fills up first, but then don't tell us about it because nobody gives a fuck.

That's what he's saying your retard, that it should have been R rated rather than PG-13.

so many words, yet you're saying nothing. stop posting

Neck yourself gaylord

How will you stop me? By hoping?

>audiences aren't dumb anymore
A hahaha hahaha man, no one gives a fuck about anime. It flopped because the media told people to hate it. People are more retarded today than they've been in hundreds of years

Is it cinema now?

fuck off paramount shill

Underworld series is 10/10, scarlet is just overrated. Just wait for the next underworld, Kate will show these talentless cunts how to act

eager to have the last word, eh? i'll do you a solid and let you have it, that way you can go to bed feeling like you've accomplished something for once.

>jews are considered white

Sup Forums BTFO

"whitewashing," oh fuck off.

Never fucking talk to our shills like that when you cross post on Sup Forumseddit, Sup Forumsedditor
NEVER

This.

Fuck the nipples. Compare those backgrounds.

>buy tickets expecting an unintentionally funny trainwreck
>turns out the movie is actually great
You lied to me, Sup Forums. Aramaki and Batou were goat.

>Matoko
>MATOKO
>mAtoko

Nope, it wasn't because of that, there's been plenty of whitewashing controversy in movies that haven't flopped. And there's plenty of movies that appealed to politically correct groups and still flopped. It flopped because it didn't generate enough interest and the reviews where bad. Not only yhe reviews by crutics, but thw people as well.

If this failed because of whitewashing when very few reviews mention it as the reason, then why did Iron Fist do so well when the majority of reviews talked about how unwoke it is, and miscast etc?

>Audiences aren't dumb anymore
Looking at the top grossing films from the past five years says otherwise.

It's flopped because libcucks don't actually watch the movie, they bitch and scream if they don't see someone who isn't white, even if the person is a girl

You don't hear shit when you see a nigger as main protagonist

Iron fist didn't do well, the first episodes where watched but the viewers for episodes 4 and on were quite low. Netflix has shown to be quite dishonest about its numbers with the whole Amy Schmacher debacle and now inside sources say its the same with Iron Fist

I genuinely don't understand this whitewashing thing. For me is the same as the concept of cultural appropriation (very retarded). You are taking a foreing concept/story and adapting it to your own country, of course you will change things. What about all the adaptations of japanese horror movies, or from Korea, are all those whitewashing too? Does Vanilla Sky or Ugly Betty count?

In my country they made a version of Married with children, was that "brownwashing"? Are the turkish Spiderman and Star Wars racist movies?

Proof that it didn't do well?

Backstory isn't characterization you pretentious faggot.

Bullshit. If your political narrative was true, Ghostbusters would've done well at the box office.
Truth is barely anything does well at the box office and that is especially true of this genre. You have to drag the public by the seat of their pants to the theater to get them to go see a sci-fi movie this day and age.

IT FLOPPED BECAUSE IT WAS SHIT, HOLY FUCK, JOURNALISM IS DEAD

Yeah, post your inside sources.

And conservitards are supposed to save it? Truth is Scarjo simply doesn't have that much star appeal as she likes to think she has. Sure she decent supporting roles in big movies but as a solo actress she is about as appealing as Taylor Kitsch

>don't count on an star's clout to carry your film.

This, mostly. It feels like 'star power' is nearly non-existant now, especially in action flicks. The culture of watching shit movies just for this one actor, like it used to happen with Schwarzeneger or Stallone or Jackie Chun is gone.

no it flopped because who the fuck knows what ghost in a shell is other than weebs?
and knowing weebs, they wouldn't be interested in seeing live action adaptation of an anime to begin with.

>film flopped because it had a white lead

Later...
>film flopped because racists didn't like that it had a black lead

>It flopped because people want MORE politicized anti white "diversity" casting