This just makes the rating system even less useful

This just makes the rating system even less useful.

Yeah it's honestly got me super fucking salty.

It's a change plainly designed to help insulate them from
>mediocre reviews on their originals
>shit reviews on the ton of crap they license
>make it harder for you to tell whether what you're about to watch is worth it at a glance

Fuck Netflix for this

And it's all Amy Schumer's fault

What? Did she sit on the 5 stars and crush them down to 2 fat thumbs?

>this shitty meme again
they have been talking about changing it long before that
how the fuck would it even help her?
everyone will thumb down it anyway

you should return to reddit

vote everything not a 10/10 down. they'll soon fucking change

rekt

Reminder that this is actually good
Normies are fucking idiots who rate everything 1 or 5 stars anyway
Unless everyone suddenly gets how you should rate stuff, its better to use this system

no idea what this means

So how long until they start hiding the ratings completely?

Then let me have the stars to toggle on and give the normies buttons by default.

This is a good idea desu

>old ratings didn't transfer over
>100s of ratings lost
>way less precise ratings than before
>even if most people rated a 1 or 5, they were effectively be the same as a thumbs up or down mixed in with some 4.3.2 for more precision

youll still end up with 4-5 stars meaning good to amazing
and 3 stars meaning absolute thrash

It has to have everyone on the same system because it predicts what you'll like by comparing it to other people that have the same shit taste as you.

So you can't see public ratings at all? Like they just got rid of it for "personal rating"? I hope they don't get rid of the actual written reviews. At least sum up the stars on them so I can have a fucking choice on what ratings I want to see.

No, rate like 5-10 things and it shows you a match %. There are still reviews with star ratings.

You couldnt see public ratings for stars either
It showed everyone different rating depending on what they like

I've been going through my match% though and they seem really inaccurate and almost arbitrary, and I rated a good number of shows/movies too. This whole system is fucked

And if they are going to get rid of a public 5-star system, why keep the review centered 5-star scale? It took like maybe an extra 2-4 seconds of thought to come up with a rating before, so I don't time is a reason, or a good one if it is.

I think it just needs more data.

who cares

Cool 85% match for Amy Schumer!

amazing

Wow is this really a new feature?? My netflix was doing this last year depending whether i watched on my laptop or ps4

>mouse over a movie to see the rating
>it just says "New" in green

Th-thanks, Netflix...