Why did you learn English?

Why did you learn English?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KwIo9Y9iJ6A
youtube.com/watch?v=b0oxgXXx2cI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because it's a mandatory subject in school all the way up to university

it's mandatory to learn english in schools in poland.

Because it's the most spoken language in the world and hopefully we will all ditch our native one.

I was forced to in school..

My father was born in Canada, so I was able to speak it since I remember myself existing.

many reasons.

the world would be better if everyone spoke english fluently desu

If you dont speak it you are no one.

they mercilessly forced me to as a citizen of a militar colony of the united states

It would be better if everybody as fluent in the most difficult language of the world.

I wanted to play videogames so I did it.

What your favourite word in the English language?

My dad taught when i was 8yo.

perhaps, i like how it sounds
youtube.com/watch?v=KwIo9Y9iJ6A

Most spoken language is Chinese. And second common language is Spanish.

Mnemonic.
Doesn’t seem English.

It’s compulsory in our education system for about ten years.

Perhaps is one of my favourite words too.

Never asked to, it just happened naturally as I played games, listened to music and watched movies, never went a single day to an english school

LOL, English is not difficult.

give me five

I can only afford one.

>han talar engelska på ett svenskt sillinläggningsforum
Nej nu får det vara nog med hanrejningsbrevningen

Did you find it easy to learn?

titties

I was not talking about English, just a hypothetical "objectively most difficult: language, which is impossible since language difficulty depends on what language(s) you were raised with, for the most part. Should have clarified.

to play wow

Because I wanted to sip tea with the Queen. Still don't know what went wrong though?

to play runescape

Despite most of us would learn it from 12 to 21 or so, it would hardly root in our brains because of very limited number of native speakers we live with and our society teeming with already translated stuff.

Noone speaks english anymore. We speak american now. It's not the days of the english empire anymore. England is just another shitty eurodump for polish and somali migrants now.

No. Every language is not easy, but many other languagts is more difficult, than English. In English easy grammar. For example, in Russian or German grammar is more difficult. Many european languages is germanic or romance. English contains germanic and romance words. But Russian is slavic language and English more difficult for Slavians and Greeks.
Do English speakers fill butthurt when foreigns use English and know it bad?

I had to.

I learned american

>it's mandatory everywhere
>more and more countries continue to teach it in school

Holy fuck has the world ever been this cucked by a single language before?

literally who cares

Latin, French, German and soon Mandarin.

turns out it just happened to be the official language of this country

You shuld learn Spanish. New York already speaks on Russian.

i work in retail and sometimes gypsies or indians show up and their english sounds like verbal sewage, and i have to ask them to repeat themselves more than once. especially when on the phone. not annoying per se but definitely an obstacle.

Access to knowledge. Content made in english is massive.

School was english-specialized

this.

We fill butthurt, when Uzbeks speak on Russian.

Flabbergasted

perfidious

Because if you don't speak English you're literally illiterate lol

for the memes

Tottenham Hotspur

this.

I basically learned it because of exchange programs during highschool, before that I only knew grammar rules.

Puff.

Are you a Jew?

youtube.com/watch?v=b0oxgXXx2cI

I-I just like Kane and Dele.

niggerfaggot

I had to and hated it in school. Main reason was my teacher was a fucking cunt

lad and wanker

obnoxious

Are Italians bad English speakers as the memes want us to believe?

bastardo

It's the only Language you need.

initially because I wanted to pass 5th till 13th grade... the last ten years though more because of work and international communication

The memes are true, only young people are able to do it and most of them can only have an informal conversation and nothing else. At school we mostly learn grammar rules without practicing the spoken part of the language and after few years you don't make exercises, you forget even the few rules you learned. We also dub every film or tv program so we are not even used to hear how words are pronounced.

Because they teach it at school. But I didn't really learn it there, I mostly learned english on the Internet. I was just watching videos and English and read stuff, at the end I end up speaking the language. There was no really a reason why, I just did it

boipussy
rate

Aloof

Unironically to browse Sup Forums. Of course, i also had it in school, but that's not why i speak it so well.

I'm shocked that people don't learn English through osmosis at this point. It's everywhere.

T H I S
It’s literally everywhere

Hwæt

Looks like a wheelchair with autistic rims

because of computers, movies and visiting my family in the US when I was 8 (then again at 10, 12, 14, 15..)
>actually learning english at school
lmaoing at u shit was always basic

Je n'ai fait pas

>use that satellite radio website to listen to local radio channels in Germany
>all the songs are in English, and I mean *all* of them
>a good deal of the interviews/misc. speaking is in English too

foreigners speaking it really doesn't impress me in the least

Because I was born in an English speaking country.

test

Because I have nothing better to do

We are forced to learn English and Spanish at school. I wanted to learn American English and Russian.