The great debate

The great debate.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jvLwO8QZI7Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Burai is better than Geki, but Geki is better than the rest of his team. Goshi and Boi are close, Dan and Mei suck.

In Mei's stand alone episode she gets her ass kicked and needs everyone to come save her.

Jason is just better. Tommy should have stayed the lone wolf and not become the leader

I liked them both, but always prefered Jason. He was the leader, he didn't have as much power but beat Tommy and solo'd shit all the time.

Z H A N E

Time to end this.

The one and only.

Tommy is better, Jason is a literally who

white>green>red

The original team of 5 had such great chemistry and Tommy just stuck out like a sore thumb. Which is reasonable, he's a loner, but tying to jam him in just didn't work. The cast change hurt because they just didn't mesh well.

Kou is fucking hilarious.

Did Super sentai ever have westerns in their team?
Or Koreans/Chinese?

I haven't finished Zyuranger yet, but does Dan ever actually have a personality?

Jason, Tommy-fags were always the runner ups at school.

>Tommy
>runner-up

Jason >>> Green Tommy > White Tommy > Red Tommy >>>>>>>>>>>>> Rocky

After the cast change, there was a lot of behind the scenes issues where the old cast didn't get along with the new.

That's a shame, because JYB was Tommy-tier, just below Jason-tier.

Jason was the best. He also seemed like a chill guy. Tommy as leader is just bizarre.

Fucking hated rocky.

only correct answer

green, he has more edge

the fuq are you guys talking about?

KAT

That's really the fault of the format. If the Green Ranger was actually allowed to fight, then they wouldn't have had to make retarded storylines that kept him away from everyone else.

Even in later footage, it's fucking retarded because of the "losing my powers" nonsense.

Honestly the White Ranger stuff was little better (they really should have put everyone in new suits to keep using footage).

That being said, Green Ranger all day. His Zord was Godzilla

Blizzard's major 2016 release, Overwatch the Wii-U version. (the names are Chinese localisation)

They should've just hired the Nips to film more footage with the Green Ranger in action so that he could participate more.

Didn't the Blue Ranger nearly committed suicide because he was bullied for being gay?

Jason is a badass leader who works hard for his strength. Tommy is the cool kid who was gifted his extra power. Jason fought Tommy morphed and still lectured him about being evil, he is the true alpha.

Yes.

But let's be fair. Anyone who would rather have sweaty, hairy man ass instead of a girls pussy deserves to be bullied a little. Not to the point of wanting to commit suicide but still.

Nobody liked Rocky.

The cast had a lot of behind-the-scenes issues. Red Ranger and Green Ranger hate each other to this very day.

Jason > Tommy > Rocky

Really? Tell me more. Destroy my childhood, please.

No.

According to reports, both actors were arrogant, self-important douchebags, which is ironically why they didn't get along.

Jason's actor was the youngest of the cast IIRC and liked to brag about his next-level martial skills, including trash-talking other fighters. Tommy's actor was one of the oldest of the cast but also believed he had next-level martial skills and got extremely butthurt when Jason's actor trash-talked him, and has been trying to goad Jason into a grudge match to this very day. Tommy's actor was also a "prankster" to the point of annoying his castmates, and especifically picked on Billy. His pranks were apparently very homophobic in nature. Then there's the fact Jason's actor often complained that Tommy was the only one that got some amount of characterization and individual storylines while the rest of the Rangers were cardboard cutouts and only got one-episode mini-arcs.

Jason's actor eventually grew out of it, has often mentioned he regrets being a shithead and became an EMT. Tommy's actor went on to become an amateur MMA fighter and live off of his Power Rangers fame on the convention circuit.

They ostensibly buried their hatched by the time the movie came out, and were at the outs again the week after when Jason's actor cracked a joke about Tommy's ponytail and Tommy's actor got butthurt all over again. He's still FITE ME IRL'ing Jason on facebook.

>Then there's the fact Jason's actor often complained that Tommy was the only one that got some amount of characterization and individual storylines while the rest of the Rangers were cardboard cutouts and only got one-episode mini-arcs.

Probably because that's exactly how Zyuranger was.

One and only.

Dan is better than Boi, though.

>Tommy's actor was also a "prankster" to the point of annoying his castmates, and especifically picked on Billy.
>His pranks were apparently very homophobic in nature.
So it was just Jason and Tommy being abusive parents to their gay son Billy.

From now on, Im calling Tommy's actor Jason "if you're a gay ranger you're in danger" David Frank.

What about the other actors?

There's probably also the little matter of Tommy's actor being actually named Jason.

Also, if he wants to bury the hatchet with JYB, he could be the first male pink ranger. But he'd probably use it to make another homo joke.

The other actors had no problems with each other. JDF didn't get along with them and didn't even show up to Thuy's funeral.

Actually Yost said that JDF wasn't the one who made the homophobic attacks. It was the production crew that bashed the fuck out of him.

Jason's actor was 19 when the show began so I cut him some slack. He grew up and became a real-life hero as an EMT. JDF is a douchebag that even his own daughter disassociates from him.

Outta the way fags

>Actually Yost said that JDF wasn't the one who made the homophobic attacks. It was the production crew that bashed the fuck out of him.

Ah, yes, you're right. JDF just called him names and did stuff like putting dead flies in his sandwich.

Yeah, it's annoying but nothing hurtful like gay-bashing. Surprised Saban allowed that shit to happen because it would've made bad press.

A new sentai of all Koreans just started.

Different times.

There were also some issues between the actors between the actors/actresses that played Jason, Trini, and Zack VS. Kimberly, Billy, and Tommy.

Mostly they initially agreed to stayed united as a group in order to approach Saban for higher pay (apparently they were paid near 1990s minimum wage). Kimberly, Billy, and Tommy backed out last minute. Saban then fired Jason, Trini, and Zack. Many wonder what would have happened if they stuck together.
Most of the original cast has buried the hatchet and became friends again.

Jason David Frank (Tommy) is a Diva though, and treats Austin St. John (Jason) poorly. Mostly because JDF was gunning for the lead role in power rangers and Austin was the lead ranger at the time (and in his way). If you watch cast and crew behind the scenes videos, production often talks about JDF coming to set way early, and talking with the crew to get stunt scenes originally meant for Jason transferred over to Tommy. JDF said kids wanted to see Tommy more than Jason.

Austin St. John was still a teenager at the time, and a bit cocky. I cut him some slack though since Teenagers are dumb. JDF was in his 20s, and started a beef with a teenager which is just sad. I hold JDF to higher standard. To this day he still holds a grudge and refuses to attend most conventions if Austin St. John is there.

>blond faggot
kys

I've always thought that Jason was more of a natural leader than Tommy, but clearly Tommy was ment to be cooler than him (i.e. having a cooler costume and becoming the white ranger and he also got to bone Kimberly)

If what Yost is saying is true then...

Internet wasn't a big thing back in the early to mid 90s. Gay culture was still hush-hush for most of the country. Yost was essentially surrounded on all sides by enemies when it came to his sexuality. Not even sure if cast stuck up for him for fear of losing their jobs. Jason David Frank also rumored to play heavy handed pranks on the cast. May have added additional stress on Yost.

If you watch behind the scenes video from back then, you can even see Yost's body language around JDF be very defensive and apprehensive.

Ramirez was great, the actor actually grew up in Japan watching Super sentai and got to finally live the dream, also he speaks fluent Japanese but the directors apparently asked him to make it Engrishy for the kids

Jason absolutely was the natural leader. Even my 5 year old self could see that. Tommy was more flashy, and a loner. Red ranger getting demoted, and White Ranger leading the other rangers didn't make much sense to me.

Red is leader. White or Green was the "extra ranger" or back up ranger they called in for support when things got tough.

Thats exactly what they did.

>JDF didn't get along with them and didn't even show up to Thuy's funeral.

To be fair, JDF's brother died the same week of a drug overdose(he played his Indian brother in the Zeo episodes but his drug issues made them drop the storyline.)

From what I heard original red and black and maybe yellow bullied blue for being a homo. Between that and contract issues all three were dropped.

No, the homo-bashing came from the crew, not the cast

JDF was a Dick to Yost, but it was more pranking than anything else

They did this exact thing. Saban commissioned 25 episodes worth of footage from Toei, which included 25 new monster suits. This footage was used at the end of season 1 and beginning of season 2. After that the remainder of MMPR shot their own Ranger footage (aside from some White Ranger footage).

>Red is leader. White or Green was the "extra ranger" or back up ranger they called in for support when things got tough.
indeed.
actually, that logic was applied practically on every other PR series

youtube.com/watch?v=jvLwO8QZI7Q

Holy shit Billys face at 0:40 and onward.

Which is a shame since I heard the Japanese got really greedy and charged Saban ridiculous amounts just to film the extra footage. So much so that after that initially contract of extra footage, Saban said forget trying to original suits just moved to using Zeo footage. If the Japanese were more sensible, and didn't try to gouge Saban, we probably would have gotten more original footage.

And having friends that work the anime/live-action dubbing field, I can attest to some degree of Japanese businesses thinking Americans will pay huge amounts for what essentially amounts to a cartoons/kids shows. Trying to buy rights to things like anime and live-action, the Japanese jack the price ridiculously high that only a small handful of companies can afford it.

I prefer Tommy but this was still cool

>Which is a shame since I heard the Japanese got really greedy and charged Saban ridiculous amounts just to film the extra footage.

OY VEY IT'S ANUDDA SHOAH, THEY SHOULD BE DOING IT FOR FREE, THEY HELPED THE NAZIS Y'KNOW

This episode made me rock fucking hard as a kid.

Did Billy really say "C'mon! hit me!" like he was expecting JDF to do something? Something is going on there...

Tommy was in 20s? He acted more immature than the rest of the cast!

Jason looks like a total bro that you'd wanna hang out with.

Jesus fucking Christ. I don't think I've ever seen a more total look of loathing before.

Nice dellusion Jasonfag, but Jason is the one who was just gifted his powers. Rita made Tommy fight the Putties to prove himself before making him a ranger. And Tommy beat them on his own in his first encounter, whereas Jason had to resort to morphing despite having 4 other people fighting wih him.

Do you guys not feel embarrassed to know so much about a children's show?

>Do you guys not feel embarrassed to know so much about a children's show?

t. a woman

Jason led the team flawlessly through the whole Green Ranger debacle, and yet Zordon demoted him. If I was Jason, I'd be pissed off. No wonder he left the team not long after.

I'm on Sup Forums. Once the embarrassment of that wears off nothing else can get me down.

JDF was 19 when he started the show. Austin may have been 17. Not a huge difference in age. And ultimately what you're saying is JDF out hustled Austin, which is pretty damn admirable in my book.

i can attest to this. there's a reason why most anime shown outside japan are a couple of years old since japs crazy amounts of money for their shows. (also the reason why Kdramas got the boom since they charge considerably lower compared to jap shows)

Jason > Tommy for me.

Wondering how they'll do Tommy in the movies since Zack kinda' took his spot as the edgy loner.

They make Tommy an edgier loner. B-but he's a nice kid. THen, they'll give him a rivalry with Jason as they compare their dicks to impress Kimberly. Meanwhile Black-Billy must confront autism.

I liked the movie.

GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN

they should have made Zack not asian and let Tommy in the next movie be japanese.

Can I choose this guy?

why would I want those when I can get a cool nigger instead?

Who would have thought post apocalyptic parkour mafia was a thing?

>the homo-bashing came from the crew
This is also what I heard.
I don't think actors are that judgemental to other actors. Low-budget crew, though?

it's called having a good memory you tard

>THen, they'll give him a rivalry with Jason as they compare their dicks to impress Kimberly.

This one will certainly happen. The movie even outlined what the drama probably will be, with Jason wanting her to be better and Tommy indulging her dark side.

Out of all the Rangers she's the only one who was actually a shitty person pre-morph.

SET
CONTROLS
TO
OUTER
SPACE

You know you can hire more than one Asian actor in a movie right?

HEY! TURN THAT CAMERA OFF, CAN'T YA SEE HE'S HYPNOTIZING THE KIDS?

Doggo

This whole episode was great. Shortly after that when they Megazord up he just jumps into the cockpit and beats everyone's ass and throws them out.

>Out of all the Rangers she's the only one who was actually a shitty person pre-morph.
Tommy's not a she...

>They make Tommy an edgier loner. B-but he's a nice kid.
Yeah, they'll probably make Tommy the super-nice-handsome new boy. He'll be rich and happy and shit, but becomes a bully. Then it becomes Twilight, but with power rangers.

Jason actually had some prefty big fuck ups as leader. He failed to get the Green Candle, costing Tommy his powers. Not morphing to fight Goldar was idiotic considering their last encounter in the Dark Dimension.

Choosing to face Cyclopsis at half power despite the trouble they had with him at full power was a dumb movie. He got bailed out by a security system he didn't know existed (the zords teleported away before they were completely destroyed).

He gave the team's power coins to Goldar in exchange for their parents. Of course Goldar lied, and even if he hadn't you're leaving the entire planet defenseless for a handfull of people. Tommy had to be called in to clean up the mess, and Zordon had to risk his life charging Tommy up enough to fight.

He called Tommy in to summon Dragonzord after Pirantis Head took control of his zord and froze the others. Unsurprisingly Pirantis Head took control of the Dragonzord as well, and Billy needed to make a device to remedy this.

Had a nervous breakdown when the remaining 4 Rangers were captured and powers were being drained by candles. Zordon had to talk him off the ledge and tell him to get it together.

I'd have demoted him too.

Seriously, where does his dog snout go?

I think your dog is autistic.

His body changes when he morphs, the same way Justin grows into a full man.

>let's self destruct our shit
>oh fuck, it didn't work
>let's self distruct something else