What are some other film analysis youtube channels?

What are some other film analysis youtube channels?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v4seDVfgwOg
youtube.com/channel/UCbM9iT_PqBCUOQdaREDAP3g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You mean other shitty analysis channels?

Nerdwriter
Rossatron
Lessons from the screenplay

I'll give them a try but I really like EFAP, because he keep them short artsy and well edited.

>what are some youtubers I can watch to seem like I actually watched the movies I talk about on here?

form your own opinions and READ A FUCKING BOOK SOMETIMES goddamn Sup Forumsfags failed community college

Why do you even come here?

nerdwritter is a faggot
rossie is the best tho

This.
The amount of time watching these guys and browsing on Sup Forums could be use to actually watch movies

channel criswell

History Buffs

>chimps out at EFAP for not being intellectual
>visits Sup Forums for baneposting

Voxis Production

Movies I love and so can you. Nerdwriter is a faggot.

how retarded do you have to be to get someone else to decide whether or not you liked a film lmao

having someone else form your opinions for you is reddit as fuck

well said

>analysis = opinion

yep. you're dumb

what is there to analyze

oh hmmmm hmm yeah good cinematography nice plot hmmm yes very good 8/10

why do you need some fucktard on youtube to watch a movie for you? do you not have eyes?

>and browsing on Sup Forums

I really sad and angry at myself whenever I think about how many other things I could do with all of the time that I spend here.

DUDE SPEAKING REALLY QUIETLY IN A MONOTONE VOICE DIRECTLY INTO THE MICROPHONE OVER ANALYZING EVERY LITTLE THING LMAO

reddit.com/r/movies

I have no idea what you're talking about, Tony is actually amazing.

Are you just mad that he doesn't shit on every movie he talks about? You realize that his channel is about a "celebration of cinema", right?

my fucking god you're absolutely retarded.
what is wrong with enjoying someone's interpretation of movies?
why are you here faggot? i mean what tje fuck is Sup Forums other than movie review board?

people like you should be sterilised

Every fucking time someone makes a thread about this insufferable faggot I have to post these pics to remind you of why """""film analysts""""" are worthless pieces of human waste

Rob Ager

(2/3)

>what is wrong with enjoying someone's empty generic """"""""interpretation""""""" of movies that literally just consist of stating obvious things that even your average r/movies user could tell you?

Kill yourself, retard

Based EFAP.

WTF I LOVE EFAP NOW!

(3/3)

Loose Canon

since it's the youtube thread I'll ask again here

does anyone know if you monetize videos about drawing licensed characters from movies etc? is it allowed?

What?

he's right it's really hard you have to get the camera angles and the cinematography right.

I really hope this are least are yours, so you have an excuse to be posting them but as I seen it, the annoying nitpicking critic it's the one molesting Tony for making a decent a video.

you're just watching it because you want a better, less retarded way of getting "fan theories" about movies. Admit it. You don't look at this shit to gain an appreciation of Wong Kar Wei's references to classic hong kong cinema- you want to see shit like "It Follows is ACTUALLY about pedophiles, here's how!" gussied up as actual analysis

He's spot-on desu.

Your evidence kills your own point. Well done.

i have my own opinions i like to listen different ones and talk with people about it. especially faggy-plebeians like you.

damn... your mother had to really love you, because you should be aborted

lmao youre the type of fucking autism kid to watch minecraft lets plays on youtube

"what is wrong with enjoying someone's interpretation of movies?"

i bet you look up the pitchfork score before you decide if you like an album or not, you fucking drone

He's right but he handled being challenged like a cunt. Good job I'm a sane human who can separate the creator from the work. What about you, user?

>""""""""""""""analysis""""""""""""
>all this faggot does it state obvious shit "look at these long takes" "look at this edit" "look at this chair"

I could only see this shit being interesting to someone who has never watched a movie before in their life .

i remember watching one popular analysis of some scene with anthony hopkins in westworld. most pretentious video i've ever seen.

Not even my comments. It takes a slobbering retard to think that a pre-rendered animation that you can literally redo again and again until it's right is harder to pull off than a one-time shot in real life with lots of extras and pyrotechnics that need to be reset for each take etc.

Kys.

>i have my own opinions i like to listen different ones and talk with people about it.

so why are you watching some redditor sperg out on youtube?

oh right, because you dont actually have any friends in real life to discuss it with. autist.

This guy is completely right, Films are not art, just follow the godamn plot

naj. i'm watching it for some references i missed or something only movie-school dropout would see. because my life is literally divided between cars and computers.

one cannot know everything about everything

>I have my own opinions
>I get my opinions from people on the internet

Pick one, fucktard

See ...

youtube.com/watch?v=v4seDVfgwOg

Are you telling me this is just garbage?

Rossatron and LFTS are solid, Nerdwriter doesn't do much more than make surface level statements about things that everybody already knows

it's like i don't come here to argue with autists like you...

seriously nigger... kys

this is the problem with Sup Forums

Nerdwriter is complete shit.
Literally your college student writing forced essays out of their ass.

>harder to pull off
Who claimed it was harder? You're making shit up.

Don't reply to me, go shitpost somewhere else

youtube.com/channel/UCbM9iT_PqBCUOQdaREDAP3g

This guy talks about film history and usually talk about 1 film, 1 year per vid and what it did for film.

WHOA MULTIPLE PEOPLE IN THE SAME SHOW HOLY SHIT 10/10 FILM MAKING I NEVER NOTICED THAT BEFORE THANK YOU BASED TONY YOU ARE TRULY A MASTER FILM ANALYZER

my fucking god are you 12 or something?

>listening other people = not having own thoughts

yep retarded as well

> i'm watching it for some references i missed

this is the most autistic, reddit shit ive ever heard

im not even going to bother to make fun of how absolutely aspie this is, i just pity you

Animation is one of the hardest thing you can learn, anywhere. So yeah, he's not wrong.

t. Butthurt tony

This it's the worst kind of nitpicking arguments, the guy give a valid reason why it was hard and conveyed the emotion of a oner.

He's an editor first, from the editor point of view, the scene it's great and if you haven't watched go and do it.

This doesn't discredit the guy work at all even if he was technically wrong, it's worthless criticism.

It's really not. It's incredibly easy even with something as primitive as sketchup. Actually drawing from scratch as an artist is the most difficult.

lel you just confirmed my suspicions. You're an idiot. You literally know nothing about film.

Please leave.

its some retard going on for 7 minutes about shit i can clearly see by just watching the fucking movie

who cares

in the time it takes you to watch 20 of these autismo reddit youtube vids you could have watched an actual film

Every single post in this thread

>Animation is one of the hardest thing you can learn, anywhere

Yeah, the millions of assembly line gook animators in Korea are truly some of the most skilled people in the world.

dumbass faggot

>uh actually I think you'll find this quite stimulating
>posts video thats entire conceit is "creating tableaus is more interesting than constant garbled cuts- let me explain basic framing to you slowly"
>IS THIS NOT RAW INTELLECT user????

jesus christ dude go to school

>People already have faces, from an artist point of view that makes it easier to make the scene.

ok

This is the worst thread I have ever seen in my life

Not an argument.

you're just shitposting now because you lost the argument, right?

i think i understand why people watch these types of vids

the redditors who this kind of shit appeal to are very beta, spineless, non confronational pussies

so by all collectively watching the same garbage vids, rather than forming their own "wrong" opinion or accidentally having a different opinion than one of their reddit friends, they can make sure to collectively hold the same shitty opinion as their favorite "lets watch" youtube retard, like the commie fucks they are

this whole system is like one big upboat

Live action movie:
>OK let's finally try do this difficult scene we've been planning for months
>Fuck it's all ruined because some dumbass extra in the background tripped and fell over
>Thousands of dollars wasted

Animation
>Oops that character in the background clips through the ground 20 seconds in, let me just fix that real quick
>A few hours lost, nothing major

Wow, so difficult

still makes thousands on patreon with no content for 6months.

Why do retards keep paying?!?

not an argument

Don't look for just one source, look anywhere you can.
Here are some decent youtube channels for you to start out:
>Cinematography Database
>Film Riot
>Rocket Jump Film School
>DSLRguide
>DP/30: The Oral History Of Hollywood
>RedLetterMedia for the memes

There are also quite a few channels like Nerdwriter1 and Channel Criswell, but I find their content too pseudo-intellectual with no so much actual substance.

I also watch B-rolls, behind the scenes and crew and cast interviews if I enjoy a certain movie.
And if you want some basic filmmaking material to read on than go to nofilmschool.com for some decent non biased articles on basicly all filmmaking elements.

That should be a good starting point.

Fuck off Tony stop shilling your shitty videos

I shitpost on Sup Forums all day long while I'm at work.
I can't do anything else productive while I'm working so I think it's a good use of my time.

What an asshole. He probably draws some doodles so he feels the unwarranted need to defend animation.

Isn't that the fucker who tweeted "I follow femfreq and if you don't like it you can block me" or something? What a shithead.

>Chivo
>calling a director who you don't know personally by his nickname

Jesus christ.

>Animation is one of the hardest thing you can learn

Correct, the knowledge of a mathematician or AI programmer is nothing when compared to an animator

Lmao look at this ignorant retard, you think a simple mistake like that can't be fixed?

It's just a few minutes of rotoscoping in After Effects and boom you're done.
We have full CGI renders of dead actors in live action films and you actually thought something like that can't be fixed lmao

Tony only analyzes shit that comes out of his ass. Every cuck a painting is a horrible channel

Animation is one of the hardest thing you can learn, anywhere

You do realize that animation is something that 12 year old learn to do, right?

>all the elitist people in this thread
absolutely pathetic

So you're admitting that using computers to aid your film makes it easier?

Fuck off Sup Forums.
Fuck off Sup Forums.

>my kid could animate lol why do you think animation is hard

What if one of the stuntmen injured themselves, or the camera rig broke down halfway through a movement, or one of the lead actors fucked up their lines?

>It's just a few minutes of rotoscoping in After Effects and boom you're done

so just animate over the mistakes? lol

but he's right, the sole interest in the oner is that the odds of something going wrong increases the longer the shot goes on, which obviously isn't true for animation

I don't know who's being more retarded

I agree

Fuck nerdwriter

film courage,
Cinefix,
Cinamatography Database,
Lessons from the Screenplay,
Channel Criswell,
Cinephelia and Beyond,
Film School Comments,
Filmfinders,
The Brothers Riedell,
Kaptain Kristen,
The Long Take,
Cinema Tyler,
History Buffs,
Must See Films,
Will Schoder,
The Talkhouse,
Now you See It,
Film-Drunk Love,
Art Regard

Ager a shit.

Don't watch NYSI he's fucking awful.

>Now you See It
Bwahahaha literally just Every Frame A Painting but repackaged in an even more pseudo-intellectual way. Tony at least pretends he knows what he's talking about, that guy is just Tv Tropes presented in video format.

I agree with most of those other guys though even though 50% of them are surface-level.

I don't know man, I don't like this video at all. I think he is pulling shit out of his ass. To be honest, I think the bar scene's blocking and shooting wasn't meant for what he is describing, the director didn't have this in mind, and even if he is right, the impact of the whole thing, subconscious or not, is insignificant.

>"surface-level"
>youtube film analysis channels

Did anyone here happen screencapture day 1 of Cinesummit?

>Animation is one of the hardest things you can learn
I guess all those Minecraft animators are secretly geniuses then

>Implying they had rotoscopes and after effects for things like the Goodfellas shot

Cinefix unironically makes top-tier 10/10s not much else though

The Royal Ocean Film Society

>Nobody besides Lessons from the Screenplay does analysis on writing scripts and developing ideas