Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BcWJaHZBEw0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

a personal favorite

>tfw your gf will never turn into a qt gargoyle and rip your throat out

why live

That was an enjoyable monster. I enjoy the concept off this one

From a book I'm reading, the StormLight Archives

>Jodorowsky decided to hire the sfx guy from this movie for his Dune pipe dream after seeing this

Was he just a straight up lunatic?

Does this count as a 'monster'? Either way one of my favorite costume designs of all time

Also from Big Trouble: Chinese beholder

was there a live action berserk?

where is this from?

Yo what's this from?

Is that femto?

I never understood this story as a kid. so the gargoyle actually married the guy, why?

did you know you can go on google images and drag an image into there and it tells you what it is?

or, even better, press the fucking arrow next to the post and select "google image search"?

It's from Leviathan (89)

Wat movie, friend?

I really liked this movie when I was a kid. How does it hold up?

...i just wanted to start a conversation

Thanks sweetie

I think the creator of berserk based Femto on this guy from Phantom of the Paradise. look it up if you like rocky horror picture show.

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT

Why is this being posted so much? It looks like Griffith when he was locked in that dungeon

Underrated movie

I think it's being posted precisely because it looks like Femto, but it's from a movie predating Berserk, Phantom of the Paradise.

big trouble in little china

The best monster designs are realistic ones.

Little trouble in big china. I just rewatched it after half falling asleep the first time. It was much better this time around. That particular monster is John Carpenter's interpretation of "Yeren" or the Wild Man in Chinese superstition. Looks sort of apelike.

>terrible generic design
>god awful cgi
if this wasn't the last episode i would have dropped the show right here

>Little trouble in big china

I've had too many millers lads

The Relic is such an underrated horror kino

why was it so dark?

the objective GOAT

>make an Alien
>call it Pumpkinhead
Fucking head doesnt look like a pumpkin. Failure.

I didn't even notice

I agree. The Invisible Man is classic creature feature.

sorry, forgot the pic

It wanted a family.

This is what I actually meant to post.

I don't get why this one always gets posted in these threads. It moves like a guy in an awkward rubber suit and it looks like a bad Predator/Alien knockoff. The head doesn't even look like a pumpkin.

>trash

Damn right. What a let down.

To ensure he held his vow.

I guess it had a lot of spare time. Although it says it genuinely loved him. Maybe it's a cursed woman and a vow like that transforms it back to human but then when it's broken she turns back. Married him to ensure he kept his vow and fell in love with him.

I always assumed the cursed woman vibe as well

youtube.com/watch?v=BcWJaHZBEw0

Imagine how much of a pain in the ass this scene was to shoot. One of my favorite scenes ever.

This monster design is great and the source material is great but the movie itself is lame.

classic

no zombie design has topped this

Will it be good?

there's something about ripped flesh in unconventional places that makes my skin itchj

Pumkinhead kinda looks like a Genestealer from 40K

I just assumed that the gargoyle was some kinda shape shifter, and just so happened to fall in love with the guy.

Max Schrek to this fucking day looks so convincing in that make up. Knowing that one of the producers, and the director, I believe, were into the occult scene in Weimer Germany big time, I wouldn't be surprised if he really was a vampire.

Shadow of the Vampire is a documentary.

Nope, it's a meme movie

Tarman scared the ever-loving shit out of me as a child.

Someone should make a zombie movie where the zombies are puppets instead of actors caked in makeup.

this was a surprisingly good design for such an awful show

That reminds me of the thing from the Crate in Creepshow.

What if we just pay a bunch of gooks 2 bucks an hour to make up all the zombies on a computer?

to hide all the chitty cgi

I can think of at least two things wrong with that title.

>movies Sup Forums tricked you into watching

Same. Caught me off guard and scared the crap outta me

If you can't appreciate Naked Lunch, then just get the hell off of this board.

This fucking thing tops it for me. I went apeshit for this thing, wrote about it in college and shit, got top grades for it and all.

It's basically perfect, it combines just so many different layers of sheer gnarliness, aesthetic weirdness and revulsion. For one thing, it's just bigger than you, reducing you back to a prey animal. It's black, hiding in shadow and dark which just happens to be where humans are most vulnerable. It resembles - all at once - a human corpse, an insect and a machine, all totally disparate sources for an appearance. It has no face, probably one of its biggest factors, just a mouth. You can't tell where it's looking, what it's thinking, what it's feeling. All you have is that big, dripping, shining mouth.

Then you have the intentional sexual symbolism behind it, the fear of rape, its penetrative dripping penis head proboscis, the fact the head is literally a dick, you give birth to it resulting in your death, which isn't how that process is supposed to go, you have to get raped in order to even become pregnant with it, too.

And then lastly, it's an alien. Nothing more, nothing less. A nameless entity of an incomprehensibly vast universe, a coldly hostile universe full of weird mystery that isn't inviting to investigation. The alien is THE alien, it represents all that horror of the inhuman other, it's a monster in every sense of the word.

There isn't a single level or aspect on which this creature is not meant to repulse and frighten you. It is a literally perfect design.

yeah alien is a pretty cool guy

eh kills space miners and doesnt afraid of anything

Leviathan comes on tv all the time and I watch it every single time.

>such an awful show

what's good then, Mad Men? Game of Thrones? Reddit and Morty?

I think it's super cool too, user

best character in the movie desu

Nah, that's Stripe.

uh-oh, this tumblerrette got triggered

This always

So in the 90s

Disney channel would show older monster movies like frankestein and me

There was this one about this kid and his dad moving in with his step mom and i turned out his new step mom was a sucubus

Anyone else remember it and recall the title? It had a pretty cool design for the monster

did they fuck?

Is the film any good? I think the book is absolute tripe, though something that people should read purely as an advert for avoiding crack.

>two 'r's

you dumb fuck

stepmonster

Ah yes. Film when?

the movie is goofy as all fuck, but hats off to Clive Barker for being like "None of this cutting around, big reveal nonsense, we're going to see the monster right off the bat, and keep seeing it"

Didn't the dad kill it with a violin solo?

holy fug that is literally one of the best monster designs with the least screentime exluding wolf man in the cantina.

no clue, i literally googled "step mother" and variations of monsters with the word movie tacked on the end and that's the only movie that came up

She looked like this.
I spent a while a few years ago looking for the movie because I remembered watching a recorded VHS version.

how did this movie pull it off? from my research Big Trouble little china is an 80s movie so I am shocked they had this level of technology back then.

Its really amazing to see things like this created which shouldnt exist and at the same makes you wonder if the people involved are possibly time travelers which is a valid hypothesis given the antiquated methods they worked with back then when shoehorning jury rigged effects into movies. Except Star Wars which updated their movies to get rid of all the horibble god awful effects from back then.

Everything in The Thing.

The cut Alien pilot from the 2011 was pretty neat too.

I disagree. While the original designs are still awesome, I always preferred the Gremlins designed by Rick Baker