So that's it?

We're just gonna let the bad guys win and tell us what we can and can't watch instead of going out and supporting good movies?

>mf when already seen it 3 times and plan to see it again today

Other urls found in this thread:

picosong.com/pizA/
theverge.com/2016/5/9/11612530/ghost-in-the-shell-anime-asian-representation-hollywood
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I saw it, It's ok visuals are cool but the script is trash

I really want to see it again. By far the most underrated movie of the year

For those who weren't in the thread several hours ago, here is Clint Mansell's theme during the "This Is Major, I'm on Site" scene.

Score hasn't been released so here is this part isolated:
picosong.com/pizA/

POST THE BLACK BRITISH CUTE

Script was pretty kino, broseph.

You. I like you.

>that
>black

I thought it was bretty gud 8/10.

ScarJo was better as Major than i expected, much better than any random chinc, like the SJW who would never watch the movie, would wanted.

Seriously fags, go see this movie!

>not wanting a qt azn Major
>not wanting the obvious choice that everyone would have agreed on

pleb detected.

I was like the first person on Sup Forums to see it

This fucking bullshit again.

Scarjo is way better than this ugly gook, not to mention Scarjo and act and is already trained in for action movies....your a pleb.

Why would I see this when I can watch the original?
>inb4 sjw or whatever whitewashing bullshit

I don't watch capeshit for this exact reason, Hollywood needs to stop being so creatively bankrupt if it wants people to actively pay for their movies.

uh, no.

she was in Pacific Rim which shows you she is capable of diving in front of green screens you dumb shit.

ScarJo is garbage and this movie is irrelevant and shitty. It's the fucking capeshit edition of a 90s cult classic and goes for style over substance every chance it can. You should be ashamed for shilling like this and shitting up the board even more. Go back to Marvel if you like brainless garbage so much.

It was gud, I was surprised by how well the costuming was done

user, you're the same fag

>People were upset Major didn't look like this
Gross.

It was more this.

Took my boys to see it today.....was very good. Not the same as the manga and anime but was pleased to see some common themes and plot devices....thought it a bit much that they tried to include the love story and such non sense....glad it had an asian feel to it despite 4 non asian actors.....its useless to pick holes in it but WTF Motoko Kusangi is japanese and they tried to make her have a chinese family in what appeared to be hong kong.....

I was a good goy and watched it but the rest are too obsessed with their anime purity virtue signaling.

Shut the fuck up you God damned retard. It's not wrong for people to expect a successor to at least attempt to match the things made its predecessor good. This movie doesn't even attempt to do any kind of exploration of philosophical or metaphysical concepts.

The only reason anyone even knows what Ghost in the Shell is is due to the original doing both successfully, otherwise it's just forgettable but pretty cyberpunk. Which is exactly what this abortion of a movie was.

>Beat Takeshi speaks nothing but Japanese the entire film
>everyone around him speaks nothing but English
>they all comprehend each other

That's some babel fish shit there.

>babbies first high school philosophy makes a movie good

They're cyborgs, user.

i agree, it was a good movie

Hope they're running something more comprehensive than Google Translate, then.

>Judging the depth of something made 22 years ago by today's standards

same

I saw this movie 18 times because I love scifi movies and that cyberpunk noir feel.

>watching a movie multiple times in a row

are u 12?

>not enriching the producers to the tune of $12 per showing just to stick it to the SJWs
are you a cuck?

how could a 12 year old do that?

No parents would allow more than one viewing.

Kill yourself idiot.

What if we try with donnie darko that had the same "deep teen" babbies first high school philosophy "feel"?

WHO THE FUCK IS THIS

It was just interesting. At the end it became boring. And the "world" is a beta mix btween TRON and NEO PARIS

This movie was a travesty and went against everything that made the canon unique.

The major is a whiny weak willed woman who is obsessed with her identity to the point of open rebellion against section 9.

Aramaki is both an asshole and bitch when lets the major disobey a direct order without punishment.

She finds and speaks with her mother and was a fucking rebellious runaway antitech terrorist

Its an americanized superwoman robocop identity crisis with none of the soul that made the original likable.

And the spider tank looks like some kinda at-at reject.

>pleb detected.
more like paid studio shill detected.

Seriously, there are so many over excited people defending this movie that it looks like paid adverts.
The marketing was over the top, like they knew the movie was trash.

For those who don't think whitewashing is an issue, consider Shirow conceptualized Motoko as Japanese but his drawings are in a manga style.
No SJW nonsense, just follow the history of the franchise.
Also, check out:
Ghost in the Shell and anime's troubled history with representation

A controversial casting is exposing the many complications and contradictions of Japanese animation By Emily Yoshida
theverge.com/2016/5/9/11612530/ghost-in-the-shell-anime-asian-representation-hollywood

dude my son is 9 years old and he wants to watch the same movie every day

It's funny because Ghost in the Shell was considered a deep movie in 1995. The only reason it isn't considered deep in 2017 is because it was around in 1995 to explore the themes it did and they became commonplace after the fact.

But even if GitS never was deep in any capacity, a movie that explores some sort of philosophical concept is by definition deeper than one that doesn't explore anything beyond pretty lights and gun battles, the latter of course being the 2017 adaptation.

doesn't mean he can

>like they knew the movie was trash.
I don't understand, why not just make a good movie?

How was GiTS even picked up for adaption? Was Oshii jerking it and it just happened to be GiTS and thought it would make a cool movie?

Is there a screener out yet?

Its our, and its as bad as the movie

This exact response is in another thread.

Because they want to maximize profits ahead of anything else. Doing so requires them to make it appeal to the highest number of people they can, which is why they do things like focus test movies. It's very difficult to make something good that appeals to the masses while maintaining a semblance of artistry that qualifies the work as good. Not impossible by any means, but certainly beyond the skill of anyone who looks anything movies or any art as a way to generate money and nothing else.

it's on yes movies dot to

Gits not green screen

Lololololol you people aren't even trying anymore

>MAKE SURE TO BUY A XXL COKE AND A XXXXL POPCORN WITH EXTRA BUTTER WHEN YOU SEE GITS IN IMAX 3D!!

daily reminder

So some anons are saying ti was actually good. Was it, or are we just memeing. I'm afraid to see it because I love the original and don't want to see this if it's a travesty.

There are like 5 people on Sup Forums that shill this movie constantly. The movie was flashy and looked good and lacked all the substance that made the original iconic.

If you want to see something that attempts to live up to the original in terms of aesthetic, characterization, story , and themes then give it a pass.

If you want to relax and enjoy something that looks quite good but that has a level of depth somewhere between a live action Disney remake and a superhero movie then by all means enjoy yourself.

Why is she always making this dumb fucking face. Fucking close your mouth

Thanks. Might rent it when it's released, but looks like I'll have to pass on theater viewing.

no, we're going to be the good guys and win by not supporting shitty hollyjew anime movies

Shills don't post he-

I like the look of disbelief on Scarlets face. Like even she can't believe how shit this movie is.

Im going to be honest, iv not watched this movie because it never came up in my torrent most downloaded.... Sorry but Im being honest.

I'll never understand why she staples her ears like that.

This is the same guy that made " sand whale and me" i think he's done

>shitty superficial Hollywood remake of an animated classic cyberpunk film
> good

You realize Hollywood was just using this shitty film to promote "muh feminism" and some generic idea about selling female action stars.

I'm not against it, in theory. I just hate how stupidly Hollywood sells it. Plus they start calling you a sexist if you think their shitty remakes starring women are the garbage they are.

This is another shitty Hollywood remake just like Ghostbusters. Yet the most confounding thing is that Major Kusanagi is a kickass heroine. Now her body isn't Asian anyway. (Most all the other cast is. And that was a mistake.) That wasn't the main problem. The main problem is that it was a shitty movie that only superficially recreated bits of the source material, like Ghostbusters.

Fine, I'll watch 5 minutes of the cam rip

If they want to get trendy people my age to the theatre they have to make something I haven't seen yet. No fucking nostalgia shit, and no more reboots. No more copy & paste scripts. I already saw ALL the trailer scenes when I was a kid. I'm not going to reward them for making a jewish Major.

> it's okay to steal roles away from Asian actors as long as you give them to black actors playing token black guys

[this is what Hollywood actually believes is diversity]

>For those who don't think whitewashing is an issue, consider Shirow conceptualized Motoko as Japanese but his drawings are in a manga style.
Whitewashing IS an issue in this film and many others.

It just didn't matter with the main character of Major Kusanagi, whose body is artificial.

>the major
>doesn't have a penis

D R O P P E D

So You go onto Sup Forums, ask for an honest and Brutal opinion.

Do You get mad or do You Make movies that the people will buy?

I dont know???

the only selling point was pandering to the sjw "strong womyn" bullshit, but instead it was doomed by the swj "white-washing" bullshit.

i'm probably watching it anyway, because it looks really nice. Visually

Dont even rwmwmbwr her

>Hollywood thinks this is hot

It was an easy 6/10. First half was great, second not so great. Will they ever get that anime dialogue sounds like complete ass when in live action?

>pandering to the sjw "strong womyn" bullshit
Clearly it would have worked as a huge blockbuster if not for the PC backlash.

What if the director had kept it in his pants? Would GitS star Kstew?

Yes we must go see yet another example of Hollywood raping a movie and parading its corpse around, because of the ess jay doubjas

No thanks, I'd rather support an original movie

Weebs were a mistake

I don't watch any films by propagandawood. That way, you always win.

If you are a real nerd like me you should watch it AT LEAST 7 times in the cinema.

The white washing would not have been as big of an issue if they didn't try to make it a fucking plot point without giving the twist the impact and attention it deserved.

>Japanese woman kidnapped and put into a white body against her will by White Corporate CEO

Did the execs even see the irony here?

Ftfy

boma wasnt even in the movie.
ishikawa saito and boma got left on the editing room floor

It was never deep, like all anime it was a pastiche of Western ideas thrown together in haphazard fashion by Japs.

>Weebs were a mistake
uhhh
>make movie from a weeb property
>"hey weebs go see this movie!!"
>Weebs: "looks like shit"
>"doohhh this wasnt made for you! fucking weebs!!"

Ishikawa and Saito were both there though.

Ishikawa is black and Saito is Japaense.

dude ive seen the movie. ishikawa is in one scene and i dont even recall them mentioning his name so ishikawa was token black guy and saito literally appeared for a split second at the end

>Scarflab Joroastie is better than Rinko Kikuchi
>Obsolete roasties are THIS deluded

>white washing
>with a fucking jew

I am not watching it because the japs tried to make a QT aryan lead, not a jewish kikenosed, emotionless retard.

>Ishikawa is black
you do realize he looks black in the anime right?

>motoko is white!!!!
>ishikawa is black!!!!
you can stop shilling now. it's a flop.

>Gets cyber enhanced so he can drink more
He's /our guy/?

>Say's isn't asian anyway
>Post's image of her looking even more asian than usual.
What did user mean by this?

reminder that Blade Runner didn't rate well in the 80's and look what happened

>He doesn't find this attractive