What does Sup Forums think of the Young Pope?

What does Sup Forums think of the Young Pope?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qwzQWorFkRE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sorrentinos second best work

It is the second best tv show of all time behind Sopranos, and if it has 2 more seasons as kino as the first, it will surpass it

Haven't seen it, but to those who have: Honestly, how blasphemous would you say it is from a traditionalist's perspective?

probably one of the best shows I've seen in my life. I'd rank up with the first season of true detective

I am an atheist who attends church regularly with my Catholic gf and I find the show absolutely phenomenal. Every single member of the cast is incredible.

Kino

Glad we're getting more. So good.

it' not, which is what makes it good

It does deal with paedophile and gay priests but my traditionalist mom liked it a lot.

It starts as a pretty edgy show, the first episode ends with the pope saying he doesn't believe in God, but by the end it'll make you want to go to church. This is a character piece, showing Lenny's development. He's a priest going through a crisis of faith, and in the middle of that he's elected Pope. When it starts its really provocative, probably to draw in non-religious viewers, but overall, it's pretty respectful of Catholicism and faith, but you really have to watch to the very end to see it.

where the hell have you been for the past 4 months, there were daily thread on it..

I dropped it after three episodes. Does anything good happen after the third episode or are you guys just memeing again?

Fuckin Christkino. The costume design, the music, the set design, based Jude "I do the nanny raw" Law and his based american accent and portrayal of a powerful and cutthroat man without being edgy, Voiello, Cardinal Skellington, et cetera.
The only shit aspect of the show is that there aren't more episodes and that the femen killed the roo.

this post absolutely reeks of redditor

Not to get my /lit/ on your Sup Forums, but
>watching The Young Pope for the plot

You're doing it wrong, bud

Alright i guess this show wasn't for me. Thanks.

Glad it's not a liberal circle jerk.

It's really not that fucking great guys.

All the characters apart from Lenny and Voiello fall flat.

Some nice music. Some very beautiful scenes.

And its pretentiousness is also a valid critique. 6.5/10.

Boring shit

Literally every single scene in the series could be a painting, it's the most beautifully shot tv show of all time, heretic.

>Does anything ...happen
leave this board and never come back

These delusional faggots .

Sure, but the writing wasn't that great. Not talking about individual scenes, which did have great writing, but the overall arc of the show.

I think it's a great show, but just not the masterpiece everyone circlejerks over.

(different user here)

9.5/10

>Pretentious
If you actually believe The Young Pope is even remotely pretentious you were watching the show incorrectly.

Who /cherry coke zero/ here?

HBO has just deposited $0.02 into your nominated account.

No. It's boring shit.

retardalert.gif

Pure kino

Bait and switch trash, but wonderfully shot.

Not really blasphemous, a traditionalist could honestly find a lot to appreciate about the Pope in the show. He isn't who you think he's going to be.

Binged the first 20 minutes and it's shit.

You'll love him at the start.

Then he starts turning into a hippy faggot

I thought it was pretty great. I had low expectations going into it though.

Episode 8 is the best episode.

If you didn't like the beginning you'll love the ending.

It's a grade A pleb filter and probably the best thing that has aired since Mad Men ended.

It's my favorite season of any television show ever. So good that I actually bought it on Blu-ray like a pleb.

The only valid criticism would be regarding the plot's tendency to meander. I didn't mind it at all, but it's a common complaint among anons and the people I've recommended the show to.

>how blasphemous would you say it is from a traditionalist's perspective?

here's your answer OP

youtube.com/watch?v=qwzQWorFkRE

>All the characters apart from Lenny and Voiello fall flat.

How can one poster have such a stupid fucking opinion?

Have you for even one second in your miserable life had a single neuron fire in your smooth-lobed brain?

Are you even able to comprehend how dim witted you actually are? Or are you essentially a tree that can talk? A fucking magic tree that was granted a wish and asked to be able to communicate but got tricked and was given a mouth and larynx but not a fucking frontal cortex or eyes or ears. Like a fucking plant that's been endowed by the forest nymph with powers to just say stupid ass shit to scare off people, so they'd be like "Don't go into those woods there, there's a tree that has the stupidest opinions about shows and probably didn't finish watching the series like a fucking shit for brains"

The show doesn't really understand what God is supposed to be, and the pope in the show struggles with his faith.

But besides that, I don't think it's really blasphemous.

>innocent catholic school kids

They're probably good people and all, but I can almost guarantee they have pleb taste and they never even watched the show.

Honestly, after seeing that trailer you can't really blame them much for their reaction.

>All the characters apart from Lenny and Voiello fall flat.

Gutierrez's arc was incredibly satisfying