How is it that the best Blockbuster Franchise of the decade is the one that gets discussed/hyped the very least?

How is it that the best Blockbuster Franchise of the decade is the one that gets discussed/hyped the very least?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UEP1Mk6Un98
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because its not a meme franchise liek all the others

Well what's to say, it's a solid series with well written characters, I'm ok with there not being that much hype here because it means less LOL APES ARE NIGGERS bullshit.

the general population can't empathize with a character thats not human

>apes become dominant race of the planet
>can somehow use guns, fight better, and shoot better than humans
>humans just stand around waiting to get massacred like disney stormtroopers
>apes are the good guys for trying to wipe out humanity and the only human who wants to fight back is made out to be the villain

I liked the original Planet of the Apes when it was unclear how apes took over, and that it was implied some crazy-ass disaster took place that left monkeys evolving to take the reigns from humans after humans fucked themselves over.

I get that there's a virus in the new movies that's killing humans and many other animals but has no effect on primates, but that doesn't justify the human military and human combatants becoming braindead mindnumbed retards and the apes are suddenly military supersoldiers. The original also had a nice political message and commentary, while these ones are just dumb "HURR HUMINZ ARE EVUL" bullshit that makes no sense.

>>>/reddit/

Because it is shit and I couldn't even make it 1/3 of the way through the 2nd movie.

There's a second one?

I haven't even watched the first one.

see

Probably. It brings reddit and Sup Forums together.

But why is it good? It violates the new summer blockbuster formula set by disney:

1.) Minimal to no quips, characters handle situations realistically and maturely

2.) continuity instead of resetting characters and arcs every movie

3.) defying tropes. The "noble savage" starts the war, NOT the evil humans? A noble savage sides with the evil humans and not vice versa? These are not things you expect from these movies.

racist

the last one was completely forgettable

The monkeys look fake

>HURR HUMINZ ARE EVUL

Did you watch the second fucking movie user? Because the apes attack first. In fact, there really is no "wrong side" in Dawn of Apes. They ignored the trope you tried to falsely accuse them of, and took a smarter path.

So will the next movie be a real human military fighting or will it be a time skip to the lost Mars mission ?

Because none of them are real Apes movies unless they end in devastating tragedy

Your post is literally garbage

Why does "Rise" come before "Dawn"?

were you on Sup Forums for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (number 2) ?

Its memeing didnt last..
CAESAR LUV HOOMAN, MORE DAN APE??

Humans are always on the wrong side. The apes didn't do nothing, just misguided by the Donald Trump/Hitler of apes.

I agree with everything you said, and would add that this is the only franchise I can think of that continually pushes the boundaries for special effects in the industry in each film. I.e. Motion capture

Cus everything he said is true or what?

muh gary oldman crying was kino

Maurice best ape.

He didn't want any trouble

Because it's a bunch of apes doing ASL. Still give it a 8/10/

monkeys look fake

the new movie looks kino
youtube.com/watch?v=UEP1Mk6Un98

>niggers taking over the earth

yeah wow truly, the jews don't have to do anything with this, like at all

How can you be this plebeian? Maybe something like BvS is more your speed

>while these ones are just dumb "HURR HUMINZ ARE EVUL"

Jesus christ fuck you. Can't stand when stupid people try to talk about a movie.

the fur looks great, really sells it.

Because Sup Forums only wants to talk about shit so they can complain

None of the movies do anything interesting or new. Theyre solid, good, but bland action movies with light sci fi and drama. Ceaser is the only interesting character and the humans have all been completely forgettable. We already know the ending to the story so theres no reason for speculation or discussion.

they stripped everything that made the originals great and only kept "monkeys that act like humans". When the monkeys act like humans and the humans do too it makes everything pointless. They're Planet of the Apes movies as much as The Departed with a CGI ape instead of Matt Damon would be a Planet of the Apes movie

>killing humans
>but has no effect on primates
Do you know what humans are?

>None of the movies do anything interesting or new.
Having a pretty large focus on anthropomorphic apes who can talk, one of which who is the protagonist, is pretty new.

these x of the x of the Planet of the Apes flicks fucking sucked ass that's why

Sup Forums can't have a nuanced discussion about the newer apes movies because it always devolves into

>HAHA GET IT, THE APES ARE BLACK PEOPLE
>HAHAHA VIOLENT APES = BLM PROTESTERS, I'M SO WITTY AND ORIGINAL

So will this end up being monkino? Or will it be apeshit

>None of the movies do anything interesting or new
Really?

>it makes everything pointless
How?

kill you're self redditor

the monkeys don't really act like humas in the new ones though, they act like monkeys with human level intelligence, which makes for an interesting movie.

So black people?