Can someone explain what torque is and how I can demonstrate it? It's for school tomorrow

Can someone explain what torque is and how I can demonstrate it? It's for school tomorrow.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Zrphnd_0VI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's the force I use to spin you are a mom around my dick

its the force your mom uses to push my dick up so she can jerk it easier

it is a force in a 3-d thing, it is generated by revolving one axis around another and the 3rd axis is the torque

depending on the movement of xy plane with respect to either axis will give you tau in either direction

Force applied over an angle. Give a really cute boy in your class an Indian burn to show that you're masculine and dominate, and have him thinking about YOU for a change.

What is wrong with you people

the easiest way to illustrate is with your right hand

open your palm, your 4 fingers is one axis, as you curl your fingers into a fist that is the x-y plane, if the movement is from the open finger to the closed finger the thumb is the positive tau

i think you need to retake your calc class

why is it always Canadians who make threads about not understanding high school maths/physics

Look normie not everyone is as smart as you

>he doesn't know what torque is
Homo

the torque is a 3rd vector normal to the other 2 vectors(cross product), it is a natural extension of vectors, there is nothing much special about it

>torque
Isn't that the Canadian word for a hat?

No that's twerk

I've never learned what a vector is. We haven't learned that in school yet.

No that's toque

wtf, your school is backwards

without vectors it is a consequence of force of revolution and it is just a along the axis of revolution

imagine the clock hands, the torque is a force pointing directly inward (of the face)

if the hands moved counterclockwise the positive torque would come out of the clock face

you can set the cross product up to give you a negative torque and so on but the convention is that way

you are probably a high school student or some shit
you know how force pushes things left/right or up/down? it works for linear motion.
for angular motion (rotating things) we have to use torque. in many ways it parallels force. just as we have f=ma, we have torque = rotational inertia * angular acceleration.
now google torque and lever arms on google images for more info. That will explain why its easier to hold a baseball bat from the middle than the end

I genuinely don't understand anything I'm reading here.

this god im cucked

what. i thought i had a pretty easy explanation
youtube.com/watch?v=5Zrphnd_0VI
just watch this video you stupid wh*Te

OK thank you

torque is a rotational force, it just is

maybe another example is better, like a top, you have to twist the top to make it turn. that "twisting" is the force applied downwards onto a top to make it turn

even if you "twist" it ie turn it forcefully towards the right, that force is understood as down, or perpendicular to the plane

or image a screw driver, the tau is literally into the direction of the screw, as you turn the screw to the right, it is going "in", which is the direction of the torque