Is this accurate?

Is this accurate?

>mest

Most chicagoans are Cardinals fans, it's a fucking fact. Yes the cubs are well attended even when they have 100 loss seasons but people like winning teams

>giving the blue jays all of Canada

After the last WS I expect the Astros map to triple in size

no one in Louisiana likes the Yankees like that.. It's either the Astros or the Braves

Nobody in the Rio Grande Valley gives a shit about Rangers.

>boresball

Grew up in Mission
Nobody in the valley gives a shit about baseball lol

>philadelphia yankees
absolutely fucking disgusting

>snoresball

>luckswing
zzzzzzzzzzzz *snort*

The eternal frog strikes again

>luckswing fags still salty nobody cares about their shit sport
im convinced anyone who enjoys baseball has the personality of a wet paper bag

>Yankees in Southern Viriginia
Every day that passes is another day I wonder why there are no top-level pro teams in Hampton Roads

>Virginia liking the Yankee's
Not unless you're a northern carpetbagger.

Virginia natives don't really care about MLB in central and southern Virginia.

WHEN THE FUCK IS CHARLOTTE GOING TO FINALLY GET A TEAM

t. Southern Red Sox fan, fuck the Berfs

What’s better for relaxing before going to bed at night: reading a book or watching snoresball?

If it's counting fagbook likes, then the Yankees "fans" in El Paso are just faggots that don't even watch baseball but recognize the logo because of rapers

Most people like the Dodgers

The absolute state of Padres

AZ is full of Doyers

Why are Cubs much more popular than White Sox?

>steroidsnore
*snore* mimimimi

White socks are the niggers team

But it doesn't, Yankees and Red Sox both have spots in Canada.

everyone I know from hawaii is a yankees fan and as a red sox fan this deeply saddens me

>Virginians being Yankees fans
Absolutely disgusting

Every one of these maps for every sport nebraska is a shitshow

White sox has a generic garbage stadium in a bad neighborhood, ownership hasn't invested in the team much since the world series win, attendance isn't great
I've been on red line trains after the a lot of cubs game go to white sox games just to watch baseball while the cubs are on the road, the team could relocate and I don't think it would be much of a loss

Don't forget Windsor! Haha, leafs cucked by based Detroit.

>roidswing

It's too black, too female. It's never getting a major league team.

Blue Jays most likely have a plurality of fans across the country but it isn’t as crazy as this map makes it appear. In BC there are a lot of Mariners fans and the prairies have a lot of Twins fans. There’s a sizeable portion of Red Sox fans in the Maritimes as well. Also the people who are random fans of various teams who feel no affection towards the Blue Jays just because Toronto happens to be in the same country

Chatham-Kent and Lambton counties in Ontario should be Tigers territory too.

The map was made in 2015 when the Jays bandwagon was at peak.

Nats have probably encroached on some of that Yankees territory since 2015.

Are the Mariners the worst successful team in terms of fans?

How do they always manage to get some great players (Ichiro, Ken griffy jr, etc) yet still suck?

>wanting more yankees/red sox fans on the map
kys

I never said that you over assuming nigger.
I'm a mariners fan and live in Washington state.
I'm just surprised there's that many fans.

Too small to have all 4 sports in it, not to mention competing with shit like Nascar and college basketball which are afterthoughts in most of the country

Alaska always bandwagoning as fuck, last time I saw this map with hockey, they were mostly Red Wings

You shouldn't be surprised. People from the Northwest are generally more loyal to their teams than people from other parts in the country regardless of how suck they are, especially since California is bandwagon as fuck. Mariners fans are kind of like Bills fans in that regard.

>Fairly large metro
>Only has 2 teams
>Above average white population for a US city and state as a whole
>Has a monopoly to an entire geographic region in it's sport
Why wouldn't you?

The Chicago one is accurate, all Cubs fans live in the suburbs.

This. I like how teams carve out regional monopolies. Shows that the team has a strong identity.
Red Sox=New England
Braves=Deep South
Cardinals=Heartland
Twins=Upper Midwest
Rockies=Front Range
Mariners=Pacific Northwest

No, you're a retard. I've (unfortunately) lived all over Illinois and it's majority Cubs fans until you get around Springfield and it's 50/50. Anything below that is Cardinals

Charlotte only has two professional teams though, and one of them is apparently moving their stadium to the border, so that's like 1.5

Who cares? Baseball is boring as hell.

>half of NJ is a suburb of NYC
>the other half is a suburb of Philly
Classic.

>white sox more popular in cook county
lol, I could buy that they're slightly more popular than the Cubs within the city limits but when you include all the suburbs there's just no chance.

There are people born in Connecticut who can legitimately grow up as Yankees/Pats/Bruins fans. Can't imagine being that spoiled.

haah funn reddit meme xdxd

>Yankees/Pats/Bruins
no one does this

you'd be sox/pats/bruins

>Goochland county still Braves loyal
I don’t think they ever got the memo when the AAA team left. Growing up around Richmond in the 90s seems like it was all Braves fans.

Why is this? They scared of mismanagement, tourists, or blacks?

I know nobody does it, just saying you could.

Yeah, been in the 757 for 20 years and I've never seen a strong majority for any MLB teams, besides maybe the Orioles, but even that's a stretch.

Checked

Honestly though, it's probably because traffic in Hampton Roads is already shitty, and having a major league baseball team playing here would probably fuck with commuters even more.

Wonder if the giant base in Norfolk has anything to do with it

Yankees range is definitely overstated, its essentially the default for people who aren’t actual baseball fans and don’t care about the sport

All the big teams are like that though. Dodgers, Red Sox, Yankees, Cubs, even the Cardinals.

The only difference is the map has the Yankees in Virginia and Louisiana as the dominant fronts. Every other team you mentioned are regional in support.

The problem with these maps is that in areas that don't give a shit about baseball, a small pocket of Yankee fans will make the entire county go for the Yankees.

You just repeated what I said.

Do the Mets not even have a single county?

If they gave out a 2018 fan map I'm 100% positive the Mets would have Nassau County, New York. I live here, Mets fans outnumber Yankees fans around 60-40%

Queens, maybe.

Yeah forgot Queens. Maybe Brooklyn, maybe Suffolk County. The Mets stronghold is largely in Brooklyn, Queens, and Long Island. Yankees everywhere else.

That's good to know, at least they aren't below the Padres.

Pretty much everywhere the Mets are, the Yankees are there 1.1x

Most of NW Ohio are Indians fans, not Tigers fan.

Mets fans in general are widespread across New York but only have like 20-40% support in the tri-state area (features parts of NY, NJ, and CT) as a whole depending on where you are excluding Long Island/Brooklyn/Queens. I know a few Mets fans in Westchester County but they're not as widespread as they are here in Long Island.

Not in Toledo area. It's all Detroit sports there.

how the fuck is long island not primarily mets fans? or at least queens county?

It's a 2015 map. Supposed to be outdated. The A's should have Alameda and Contra Costa County, California too

Why is Indians fanbase range so small? They are the best team.

They may have gained some parts of Ohio with their recent successes but Ohio teams generally don't have large followings outside Ohio State athletics.

>the state of Mets

>barves and jints that big
>dodgers that small
laughable

Mate we've been like this since 89

the dodger blue area just means its majority mexican btw

>Central Nevada
>Mexicans

The western half of Michigan (Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, etc.) is full of Chicago Cubs fans. Slightly closer commute to Chicago than Detroit.

Verlander's wife Kate Upton, for ex, who is a Whirpool heiress from west side of Michigan grew up a Cubs fan

Larry Bell, of Bell's Brewery in Kalamazoo is a Cubs fanatic who literally moved to Chicago after making his millions so he could attend every Cubs home game

It's based on facebook likes, it's not going to be accurate

>Implying there is an area in California that isn't majority mexican

>Yankees fans
>below the Mason-Dixon Line
Any Yankee affiliation in the south usually ends with disaster

North Jersey is usually full of Mets fans until you get towards Essex and Hudson County

>baseball

>Marlins
Not even the baseball-loving Cubans and Puerto Ricans that make up most of Miami give a shit about the Marlins.

>See a lot of people wearing MLB merch but have never actually seen anyone watch baseball recreationally, like Americans watch football, basketball, hockey, or even European soccer
>Look up MLB season schedule
>Each team plays over 150 games a season, often playing 7 days a week

What the fuck? Do baseball fans even actually follow baseball like football, basketball, and soccer fans follow their sports and teams? That kind of season schedule must be hell for the players.
One of the things that makes other spectator sports like football and soccer fun is that teams only play once a week, making these games more like weekly events you get excited for and the limited number of games per season makes each win precious and the stakes higher. How do you not get burnt out following baseball?

>How do you not get burnt out following baseball?
well, we actually have passion about our sport, unlike you filthy casuals

Do you actually make time to watch every game or do you just peep the stats of the daily game and only watch rival and playoff matches?

>have never actually seen anyone watch baseball recreationally
I only watch it professionally.

I watch at least one game a week; during series with rivals I watch most of them (time slot permitting), check box scores daily, and if we make the playoffs I'll watch every game I can.

i watch as many as i can
please never use "peep" in that context ever again

Weren’t the Mets in the WS that year?

>Southern Yankee fans
>The entire state of Utah

Disgusting

Because they don't want to lose the Redskins and Nationals audiences in the rest of Virginia for merchandising. Tides and Admirals are affiliated with AAA franchises that probably don't want competition for the players here too. There's also the fact Hampton Roads is more college football too, seeing as it's usually VT merchandise (ODU now too, since their football team does alright sometimes, though their basketball has been dropping off now).

There's also the fact Virginia Beach wants to cuck themselves by not getting the light rail, since Virginia Beach would be the city that could afford a AAA stadium or a national-tier football team stadium with enough infrastructure to support traffic during game days. It's like everyone who lives in Virginia Beach doesn't accept the fact niggers at least bring in money to the city by going to the clubs and shit and are going to get rides to the Oceanfront anyways. That and Virginia Beach people always complain about tourism (Their main source of income that develops their cancerous growth of infrastructure) and jet noise (even though Oceana has been there for a century, probably before any of those people's families even moved there and is another great source of income from military personnel buying shit and going to bars).

I can see hockey being the only sport with a chance of getting a national team, since the Admirals at least are fairly popular in the area. Norfolk also has done a lot of infrastructure projects around downtown too and could be used with the excuse of Urban Renewal since they want to kick all the niggers out of the projects and build nice houses near the downtown area.

Others have pointed out though that commuting is already a bitch, especially since Hampton Roads bases carriers which causes a shitstorm of traffic every time. VDOT is fucking with us too with those express lanes, I guess they looking at DC and assume that $5.00 tolls are acceptable for a lower income area compared to NoVa.

Is there a purpose to such a high game density vs weekly like most other sports?

to make the owners more money