Olympics General /OG/

who else is hype for the Winter Olympics? what events are you gonna watch?

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-olympics-notebook-20180203-story.html
pyeongchang2018.com/en/game-time/results/OWG2018/en/general/competition-schedule.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hockey, curling, ski jump.

definitely watching hockey and snowboard cross.
but I'll watch pretty much any and all of the events if I have the time.

Jacqulines Wiles is out of the Olympics due to injury
latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-olympics-notebook-20180203-story.html

>The veteran U.S. Alpine skier skidded out of bounds Saturday during the downhill at Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany, the final World Cup stop before the Pyeongchang Olympics.
>Wiles regained control for an instant, then flipped onto her back and cartwheeled down the slope in a cloud of snow before coming to rest in the safety netting.
>The Portland, Ore., native tore her left anterior cruciate ligament and fractured her left fibula and tibia, according to multiple reports.

where can i find a full schedule of all the events day by day ?

Ski jumping of course, cross country skiing, biathlon, nordic combined.

Kamil's gonna win by the way

Looking forward to Alpine Skiing and Figure Skating. We have a competitor for both.

pyeongchang2018.com/en/game-time/results/OWG2018/en/general/competition-schedule.htm

>tfw men's hockey doesn't start for TEN DAYS

reeeeeeeeee

>Green
Watching every single event, follow almost all the World Cup competitions in these sports.
>Yellow
Only watching the events where Norwegian athletes compete, never watch these sports outside big championships.
>Red
Don't give a shit, never watch any of these sports. We only have one athlete competing in the sliding events, and he's so shit he never should've been included in the Olympic team in the first place. Zero athletes competing in short track. Don't even know how our hockey team qualified for the Olympics, but it must've lucked out.

Oh right, we don't have any figure skaters this time around either. Might watch for the QTs either way.

get to watch the us russian hockey game before best koreas great leader starts ww3 in april

for me its:

GREEN (watching everything)
>Ice Hockey
>Snowboarding

YELLOW (Only watching athletes from USA)
>Alpine Skiing
>Freestyle Skiing
>Bobsleigh
>Luge
>Skeleton
>Short Track Speed Skating
>Long Track Speed Skating

RED (Don't give a shit)
>Biathlon
>Cross Country Skiing
>Ski Jumping
>Nordic Combined
>Curling
>Figure Skating

Norway is competing in men's hockey

I'm gonna watch
>skiing (chances for a medal Drev 4%, Bucik 2%, Hrovat 5%)
>biathlon (chances for a medal: Fak 50%, thanks Croatia)
>cross country skiing only sprint (chances for a medal ironically Višnar lmao and Lampič)
>ice hockey (chances for a medal 0% because we only have some 50 hockey player in our whole country. lmaoing at Denmark and Belarus)
>nordic combined (chances for a medal 0% but we have the best young athlete so in 4 years who knows)
>ski jumping both (chances for a medal 10%)

and curling but only for the waifus

you don't need an entire olympic tournament for skiing sports

you know it's an irrelevant tournament when norway is dominant at it

Curling is comfy as fuck

>watches snow sports
>doesn't watch ice sports

How can other mascots even compete? This one is from 1984 and still hasn't been surpassed

>not even parallel

All the classical skiing events. And just about everything else where we have a chance at gold. And Hockey.

Forgot about that. But I doubt we have any chances. Maybe if Košir finds his Sochi form, or if Kotnikova stops choking in semi finals. Also Flisar in ski cross

I'd give him a 90% chance. We're gonna win the team jump though.

Reminder that she couldn't resist the BFC

career ending pregnancy when?

I like the Winter Olympics better than the Summer Olympics but yeah, there's a lot of skiing.

wtf is the point of Nordic Combined anyway, there's already Cross Country Skiing and Ski Jumping, why do you need to have another thing combining them, it seems totally pointless.

at least Biathlon there's guns, but between Cross Country, Biathlon, and Nordic Combined, like half of the events in the entire games are some version of slow-ass skiing.

>wtf is the point of Nordic Combined anyway, there's already Cross Country Skiing and Ski Jumping, why do you need to have another thing combining them, it seems totally pointless.
There just to be a bunch of combination sports like this in the Olympics back in the day, including the summer version. Not sure why this one still remains, but I assume it's very popular in some countries still.

forgot (you)

She looks wayyyyyyy older than 22.
Is that what dry mountain air, Sun, and cold do to your skin ?

>frail White people

yeah summer has triathalon (run, swim, bike) and pentathalon (run, shoot with a laser """pistol""", fencing, swim, horseriding).
just pick one sport for fucks sake

aw, how considerate of (You)
tack Svenskbror!

Can someone tell me what was that Dutch site called, where you could watch every event life with a Dutch VPN? Thanks

Nos.nl I think. Think I watched every event there last olympics when I lived in Swamp-Germany

nice I will try that when its time
hopefully I can figure out how to navigate the site can't read Dutch :/

>inb4 /og/ 404s again due to to handegg shitposting

Will the bbc still have free livestreaming if you vpn?

Certainly not speed skating, fuck that.
I'll watch the opening ceremony for kpops.

already on page 8