Just watched this for the first time and I cried at the thought that films of this caliber will never happen again...

Just watched this for the first time and I cried at the thought that films of this caliber will never happen again because Hollywood is dead.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9UjqWSAF7uE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The movie's fucking beautiful, isn't it?

Everything was perfect. The skeleton at the end was legitimately terrifying. I thought it would look super gay because of old effects but the way it moved was freaky.

those effects actually give me unsettling
feelings, this movie was legitimately art

80s blockbusters
R rated
Practical effects
Not catering to foreign audiences (trying to make everything palatable to every country's people)

All reasons why movies then were better

let's not forget the best protag of ALL TIME

>whaddya got for me doc?
>user, we are going to put you on an IV of purest unfiltered kinography for the next 4 minutes. please relax.

youtube.com/watch?v=9UjqWSAF7uE

T1 will always be my favorite, raw, gritty, violent and believable

T2 whilst an excellent film is just too over-produced for my liking and has an annoying kid in it with a motorcycle that changes gear 19827391873 times

T1 is to Alien as T2 is to Aliens

After T2 the franchise became a self-referencing stale joke cringefest

Guard it for me big buns

Really thought they were going somewhere with Salvation but they just made a soulless, cash-grab, meme sequel to T3 and called it Genisys.

>because Hollywood is dead.

Hollywood isn't dead, it is that Arnold got old.

Terminator
Predator
Conan

Yeah to be fair Salvation wasn't a bad film, though wish they'd had utilised more Terminator encounter scenes etc such as the one with the minigun, kinda got the feeling that Terminator had been stood there for like 5 years just waiting which adds to the horror aspect.

Also more Infiltrator moments like that one in the beginning of in T1

yes. thank you. Kyle Reese is fucking elder god tier. I was so fucking pumped that there was going to be a kyle reese in the gen1sys movie and then they turned him into some jacked up quiplord. dude is supposed to be squirrelly and PTSD as fuck and instead he's a fucking bodybuilder. There isn't enough fucking food post apocalypse to look like that you fucking cunt
maximum REEE

Reeeeeing with you
>that was not Kyle Reeeeeeeeeeease

This movie is the prime example that you can make a perfect movie without money if you have enough human talent working on it

fuck it, they've got the whole movie on youtube so I'm just gonna watch this shit here at work.

I lost it

try to imagine that fuckhead from the new movie trying to do that scene where reese is scurrying around the department store, stealing clothes and evading police

James Cameron is a hack. He can't write believable characters even if his life depended on it. The romance felt really forced.

this movie is glorious. arnie shows up jacked as fuck, skin flawless. next scene reese shows up scrawny as fuck and covered in scars. Every scene is perfect, why doesn't this happen anymore

my fav scene
>that transition from music to brads ambient score

>and I cried

rethink your life's decisions or make peace with your maker

I disagree with your comparison. T2 is commercialized crap and has more than its fair share of cringe. Aliens is pure action kino on the other hand, the only similarity is that both movies have a kid in it but the girl isn't annoying.

The first Alien movie, while having great cinematography, really drags along if you try to rewatch it. It's a great movie exactly one time, when you first watch it. After that it becomes a chore to watch. Aliens is not like that at all, it only gets better each time you watch it. It's such a fun and entertaining movie. The same goes for Terminator, it's basically one long chase scene in movie form, that never lets up. An awesome roller coaster ride of a movie, that is fun every time you come back to it.

The second Alien movie is far superior to the second Terminator movie and the first Terminator is much more entertaining than the first Alien. T2 should've been set in the future entirely and just have been about old ass scarface John Connor battling skynet machines alongside Kyle Reese on top of mountains of skulls and under dark blue night skies. That would've been a proper sequel. No T-1000 bullshit, no annoying kid, no roided up psycho Sarah, no nigger Dyson, no good guy Terminator crap.

I don't know what would've made Alien better, it's a perfect movie. It just doesn't have any rewatchablity whatsoever to me.

>tfw you type a wall of text and kill the thread

blame marvel bud

biehn?

>Ahnuld will die in your lifetime (probably)

Feels bad.

>Tech Noir scene
>Gunshop scene
>Cop station shootout scene

The Terminator is truly a superior brand of kino