Twin Peaks

>The first part of the premiere is called “My log has a message for you”
>The second part is titled or described as “The stars turn and a time presents itself”
>Showtime’s advisories mention adult content, adult language, violence and brief nudity.
Like like they're going full FWWM. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uwqsh9IACyQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fwwm sucked so i hope not

>fwwm sucked

it makes sense since firewalk was the last time lynch revisited twin peaks.

it was great in an small doze, but i can't see it working as a tv series.

You need to leave.

This. It's amazing how many normies try so hard and pretend to like it for hipster points on the internet.

>people still fall pushing the "Full FWWM" meme
If you honestly think the new series won't follow the starndard "comfy-funny-melodramatic-sad-wonderful-scary" Twin Peaks shit you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Laura Dern herself called the new series hilarious.

I'm now rewatching the show to get prepared, I've never seen FWWM, I only caught a brief moment on tv and saw titties and that Donna wasn't Donna

The warnings say it all. FWWM had plenty of funny too before Lynch was forced to gut it to make it shorter.

>Like like they're going full FWWM. Thoughts?

You need to shut the fuck up. I swear every single one of you little faggot memesters obsessed with FWWM needs a bullet jammed right in their skull. You give Lynch a bad name.

>>Showtime’s advisories mention adult content, adult language, violence and brief nudity.
Literally no different to the Twin Peaks series, or anything else that Lynch has done, nothing about that suggests it will be "going full FWWM", but for some fucking reason it's always about le FWWM le lynch le is le gonna le pwn le normies le based!!

>Like like they're going full FWWM
Mark Frost is involved in this, so it's not gonna be like FWWM.

it objectively was. you're not impressing anyone by pretending to like it.

just finished Twin Peaks the television series and started the movie.
Now I'm taking a small break from Fire Walk with Me to post and go to the toilet room. It's so good, everything I know about twin peaks but with different characters. It's not quite opposite, but to see how different this town is than Twin Peaks. Unhelpful sheriff, as opposed to right away Harry is supportive of Dale. ugly diner lady, not Norma. I guess the demanding presence of an FBI agent needs to be there, rather than the "I'm not here to interfere with you or your job" of Cooper. It's just kind of familiar without being the same characters.

Couldn't quite take the Teresa Banks fingernail thing, had to close my eyes, god damn mutilation is gross.
Leaving thread now so you guys don't spoiler me.

comfyfags are about to get BTFO

>muh black coffee
>muh cherry pie
>haha!! another classic nadine moment! so silly XD

Hello reddlt

I don't know if the haters are meming, but FWWM is one of my favorite films of all time.

Convince me of why FWWM is good. I honestly want you to change my opinion on it.

It won't be FWWM or the TV series. Lynch is going to fuck with your expectations and you won't realize it was good until 10 years later.

If you didn't like it my post wont change it.

But seriously, so visually compelling, such a performance from a young actress, crazy atmosphere and honestly i've never seen anything that makes me feel the way I do when I watch Fire Walk With Me.

I expect a healthy mix of both, honestly.

>it was great in an small doze
if you add in the missing pieces it's almost 4 hours long

shit is brutally intense

Does the missing pieces work with FWWM as a cohesive whole or is it better seperate?

Only seen FWWM and I liked it so much I'm afraid to see the missing pieces

I've only seen them as a cohesive whole

for you I'd say watch them separately, but right after a viewing of the film itself

>Like like they're going full FWWM. Thoughts?
OK so what if, follow me here what if it's nothing like the series OR FWWM?

Then we have no frame of reference.

I doubt it though, I don't expect the whole thing to be FWWM but a good portion of it will be there.

Will do. Does the whole watch make sense or is it tonal confusion?

Also i'm an autistic canon fag, has Lynch ever weighed in?

it does make sense, but I found some inconsistencies with Laura finding out her father was Bob. Like there's two reveals so it's a bit confusing.

Works for me. Q2 edit?

yes, that's exactly the one

Reminder that everyone wanking off over FWWM and "trve Lynch" need to go back to their Facebook group.

youtube.com/watch?v=uwqsh9IACyQ

Spoil what, FWWM? You already know the ending.

If you think FWWM is bad you're a fucking pleb and don't actually like Lynch. You're a Frostfag.

Am I the only one who finds all of Twin Peaks to be kino?

What's wrong with Frost?

Nothing. But Twin Peaks wouldn't be remarkable without Lynch.

FWWM > Pilot > Final Episode
> Season 2 Pre-Reveal > Season 1 > Season 2 Post-Reveal > Kino

Ok serious question. Watching twin peaks I'm up to early to mid-season 2. I'm kinda losing intrest in the show. I know it's around this time that fans say it drops in quality but Im still interested in seeing the new series coming soon.

My question is can skip the rest of the show and just watch fire walk with me to fill in the blanks?
Would I miss much?

>Season 2 Pre-Reveal > Season 1

everything but the Nadine cheerleader plotline

you forgot to mention that the season 2 episode where Coop solves the mystery is the best episode of the show
he's not wrong

And the shitty James soap opera subplot

It actually made Nadine a lot more interesting to me

You heard me.

this is exactly like the spergs who call Doom 2 shit

the first 16 levels of Doom 2 are better than anything in Doom, yet the half assed second half is pointed out and mocked so much that people call the whole thing shit

leave

I don't understand this list, it's in two parts. what is "kino" in regard to twin peaks if traditionally "kino" means "film" ?

No, because there is occasional info about the lodges.

Welcome to Sup Forums! Please lurk more!

Nah, James/Donna was awesome.

Especially that song.

it's still pretty fun most of the time
it's definitely fine to skip the James scenes though, their only value is to provide fans with something we can all agree is shit

I don't get this meme, maybe i'm just a sucker for archetypal cliches as a grounding to all the wacky shit around.

Plus Donna was a QT.
WAS

I mean James MILF adventure which has nothing to do with anything else in the show

It really didn't but I still liked it, even James's escape had it's own BS that he couldn't deal with.

i think he's talking about james and evelyn

Season 2 pre reveal is better than season 1. It had more musical variance, better directing, and /our guy/ Harold Smith

My thoughts are that it will be a fitting continuation of one of the dullest franchises in the history of TV franchises. Seriously, each episode following the boy FBI agent and his pals from Twin Peaks Sheriff Department as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Lynch vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing an episode; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his meditation. The Twin Peaks series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least FWWM was good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the script was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a fire walk with me, the author wrote instead that the character "had the fury of his own momentum".

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Lynch's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Twin Peaks by the same Chris Carter. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are watching Twin Peaks at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to watch X-Files." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "Twin Peaks" you are, in fact, trained to watch X-Files.

What warnings nigga? Twin Peaks always had dark shit, it always worked because it was deeply contrasted with comfy and calm. Duality of light vs dark is a main theme in the show.

FWWM was a completely different experience that set aside all the light and focused on all the dark. It was a brutal fucking film detailing the last days of a broken soul, it needed to distance itself from pie and coffee. That's why it cut out the "plenty of funny" from the final release.

This is a return to form, as described by Showtime itself "An odyssey on Cooper's return to Twin Peaks", it will be the usual light moments/dark moments, just like the original show.

>As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a fire walk with me, the author wrote instead that the character "had the fury of his own momentum".

fucking kek

>brief nudity

DROPP'D

Why was Twin Peaks rated TV-MA but The X Files was rated TV-14?

Pleb

Nude Shelly bls

Wtf I thought twin peaks was either 14 or PG.