Would Luke have been able to beat Vader if he weren't his son?

Would Luke have been able to beat Vader if he weren't his son?

Not if he were his wife's son at least.

Wait, if Vader is both Luke and Leia's father, then what does that make Leia to Luke in terms of family?

Luke is Obi Won's son.

I thought this was obvious. Lucas could'nt have made it any clearer.

>you now remember episode 1 and the midichlorians

>Implying Obi-Wan didn't seed Padme's eggs

High ground kek

No, because he wouldn't have even been a Jedi

Well, Obi-Wan managed just fine.

But Luke only really succeeded because being Vader's son was pivotal to Vader's redemption and action against the Emperor.

Good friends.

Are you kidding? Vader could have crushed Luke's windpipe in a second if he wanted to. All Sheev had to do was tickle him with some lightning and he was on the floor in one second. Vader was always holding back.

If he wasn't Vader's son, Vader would have killed him almost instantly
Vader was always holding back just enough to give Luke the sense of having a chance to win (except in Jedi, when he's already conflicted enough to let his guard down)

any Jedi master in his prime could've beaten Vader

What? If Luke's last name is Skywalker, and Vader is his father. Then that must mean Vader was Anakin Skywalker.

BRAVO LUCAS

In saying this.. how did Obi-Wan or Yoda realistically expect him to beat Sheev? The only reason he could beat Vader was because he was related. Certainly not through skill.

Luke didn't beat Vader, clearly. Maybe from a certain point of view but Luke definitely got bested in combat.

That's why Yoda says there is another, because the actual combat shit wasn't that important. Yoda's training of Luke focused on the nature of the dark and the light, not fighting. The cave trial shows this in additional to Yoda's dialogue.

Combat was never the way to "beat" Vader. All they needed was a Skywalker child that wouldn't join him.

Everyone has to fight with per father to gain freedom and independence. The father within of course. Otherwise per lot is determined by genes, history, tradition and other stuff, that makes you just another imprint of your ancestors. And that's bad I think.

Would Yoda have been able to defeat Vader if he was also half robot?

He fucking destroyed him when Vader brought up Leia and Vader was only saved by Luke's compassion. It works both ways. Obviously Vader could have killed him easily on Bespin though.

No. Vader would have kicked the ass of anyone who wasn't his and Padme's son.

No, Luke was powerful as fuck in episode VI, but Vader was still slightly stronger and far more experienced, Vader threw the fight

>Leia becomes a princess
>Luke becomes a bum in the desert
What did Obi-Wan mean by this?

What the fuck?

Yes because if you believe in yourself, close your eyes, and whisper "the force" literally anything is possible

Forgot image, but I doubt you guys needed it

Hiding Luke with his relatives was pretty fucking stupid, even by the standards of the Jedi who were the guardians of retardation throughout the galaxy.

>have magic mind control powers.
>live like a hobo.
>chop random guys arm off in a bar.

That's only because she's the Force incarnate, unlike Luke.

At least Obi-Wan can be thought of as having good reasons for living where and how he does.
First of all, Jedi are in hiding so being a hermit on a Hutt controlled planet is a good move.
Also, since Luke is there it's probably a good idea to be nearby to keep an eye on him.

The explanation people usually have is that Tatooine was the absolute last place Vader would ever want to go. Which is fine but I assume Palpatine knew everything about his background.

That's dumber than Midicholrians and Anakin "Space-Jesus" Skywalker combined

Sounds pretty sweet.

Vader would have had him killed in seconds.

You shut your whore mouth.

>have to decide which of the two kids will be hidden away so they can save the universe when they grow up
>you choose the boy over the girl
Is obi Wan our guy?

Luke bailed out on his training with yoda right at the start.

Would Obi Wan have let Luke join the ?

Empire.
Would Obi Wan have let Luke join the Empire?
Jesus stupid phone. Making me look bad.

Leia would have been the GOAT Jedi and stayed unlike her careless brother. Oh well.

>how did Obi-Wan or Yoda realistically expect him to beat Sheev?
Yoda didn't want him to go face Vader in ESP, and Obi-Wan wasn't a big fan of the idea either.

Maybe something happened between ESB and ROTJ to make him stronger.

>Combat was never the way to "beat" Vader. All they needed was a Skywalker child that wouldn't join him.

It would have been cool if Yoda had killed Luke to ensure that he couldn't join Vader.

Well.. Yoda pretty much assumed Luke was gonna die or get turned so..

Well if there were an episode 3.25 that takes place not long after 3, then Obi Wan being on Tatooine would be a good way to ensure that if rumor got back to Vader or Sheev that there was a child among his relatives on Tatooine that might be Vader's that someone competent would be there to engage in a high energy fight scene to ensure young Luke's escape from the Empire's clutches.

Vader got legitimately BTFO by Luke at the end of ROTJ

Vader lost but it wasn't a BTFOing. Luke was getting BTFO by Sheev when Vader intervened though.

Pretty much everybody in that throne room got BTFO

And Vader could have ended that fight at any moment by crushing Luke's windpipe (like he so loved to do with everyone else) but chose not to. He was handicapping himself.

>getting your arm chopped off, holding onto a railing asthmatically wheezing

You can use the force choke argument for every lightsaber duel in the series, force sensitives can probably negate it being used on them or Vader just didn't have time to concentrate either way he lost

>ps2 game

doesn't count

Learn about star wars before trying to talk about it retard. Force wielders use constant protection against other force based attacks and there is no tech that cant be blocked or circumvented

REY IS LUKE'S DAUGHTER

MY FRIEND WORKS AT DISNEY

REY IS LUKES BROTHER!
MY GOOD FRIEND WORKS AT PBS!

Did it really matter if Luke joined sheev or not

>Luke gets the upper hand on Vader
>Sheev says kill him
>Luke does it
>Sheev is happy
>Cut to Lando in the Milleneum Falcon
>Lando shoots, drives out, Death Star explodes with Luke and Sheev aboard
>Cut to a 16 year old Louis C.K. applauding wildly

If Luke had enough time to escape while dragging a mortally wounded Vader, then Sheev and Luke would have been able to escape also

REY IS LUKE'S AUNT

MY SECOND COUSIN WORKS AT NINTENDO

Yes. Like how Luke dodged Force lightning so well, I see.

I tend to agree with this. Vader was losing the fight but only because he wasn't willing to go full strength against Luke and was fighting against his own doubt and the budding light within.

Luke trusted that his friends were about to fuck that station up. Sheev was absolutely confident that the rebellion was going to be crushed. There is no way that Sheev was going to leave and Luke would have been obedient to his new master.

I LIKED THE MOVIE, RAY!

I USED MY FRIENDS NETFLIX ACCOUNT TO WATCH IT!

Only Yoda had leveled up enough to stop force lightning

if he wasnt his son, he wouldnt exist. so no