Why is no one talking about this hilarious sci fi kino?

Why is no one talking about this hilarious sci fi kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EbTlK3perdI
youtu.be/BdpyvMgBQTk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OMG we talk about it ALL the time over at the cartoon board :D

Will there be another episode sunday?

Put a urethra stretcher in my Morty

I love how this show is critically acclaimed and popular so any mention of it throws theae kids intova sperg fit
>yfw you know that if the show was panned and unpopular, Sup Forums would laud it as a philosophical sci-fic toon kino
>see Rogue One

Go to Sup Forums Justin

WUBBA LUUUUBBA DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUB DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUB!
NIHILISM MORTY!

>GET SCHWIFTY I HATE MY LIFE I'M AN ALCOHOLIC MORTY GOD IS FOR MORONS WUBALUBADUBDUB!

>God is for morons
Why does that make you angry? It's true.

AHEM

MULAN

BUGGA WUBBA DULB DUBBBBB RICK WE ARE RICK AND MRTY HE HE
TIPS FEDORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LUB BUB DUB DUB DUBD UBDBDBDBDBDD
WREEEEEEEEEEE WRE SPACE
WOOOEWEEEEEEE MR POOPY BUTTHIOLE FUCKER
FAGGOT
ATHEISM
TIP ITP TIP TIP MULAN AANNNNDDDDD

It's the equivalent of bragging about IQ. It makes you sound more stupid than the people your trying to debase

That's such a shitty analogy. Sounds like intelligent people just intimidate you if high IQ people make you angry.

If you've never witnessed an autistic fedora bragging about his IQ and then cringed you might be an autistic fedora

We do though. It's a really cool show.

Szechwan sauce. ;^D

I don't think this happens as often as you pretend. You think that it may just be you?

So enlighten me then, how is someone suppsoed to breach the concept of God not existing without causing your autistic fists to shake? How does one do that with you to your standards?

the fact that this show triggers you guys so much makes it alright with me :^)

>Why is no one talking about this hilarious sci fi kino?
They are. On Reddit.

HAHAHA IT REBBIT HAHAHAHA WOAH REBBIT BTFO AMIRITE? REBBIT, REBBIT, REBBIT!!!

because this was better

This. It's almost as effective as BRAAAP posting

You really do need to get into the mindset of a Redditor to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters.

Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases.

Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.

its not funny
stop saying kino
its not funny either you fuck

Do you think it's entertaining or fun to just have these copy pastas in your folder to spam? You waste memory on this.

Rick and Morty is Kino due, prima vero, its status as a deconstruction of the Reddit Appeal genre. R&Mort takes all the factors that make a Reddit Appeal show and utterly destroy it and then take the rubble and rebuild it into something amazing.

The factors that make a Reddit Appeal show:
-Wacky catch phrases
-Pseudo science to appeal to "nerds"
-Nihilism ("I wish I was dead")
-So random humor
-Food jokes
-Pseudo emotional depth

Rick and Morty takes all of these and takes them down to their base elements. Wacky Catchphrases? Rick shouts them at random and when he does anything serious goes out the window, all the characters laugh around him no matter the context. It's no longer just a catchphrase and a signaling value to the audience to laugh, it's a signaling value in universe as well.
It breaks down the entire base concept of wacky catchphrases. If Rick shouts a catchphrase, which is ironically often made up on the spot, the characters MUST laugh. Just being a wacky phrase makes it funny to everyone even though we, the audience, know inherently it's not.

The science in Rick and Morty is even more out there, intentionally breaking its own rules. The science is often contradicted in the same sentence it's explained and when questioned on this, Rick always comes up with a smug answer about how the character doesn't understand how it works but of course, Rick does. Like all "geek" science appeal in shows like this, we're invited to pretend we understand like the character does and laugh at the those not in the know despite ourselves often not being in the know but with the caveat that we "as science lovers" could be just as in
the know. The juxtaposition then is the glaring obviousness with which it
breaks its own rules and yet we're still invited to pretend we understand like we would in any other Reddit Appeal show.

H-hey Rick what are you d-doing

News flash: Rick is an asshole.

US NERDS

You know what I can't stand? How Sup Forums complains about the catchphrases but that's the fucking joke...that it is meant to be obnoxious and dumb.

delet, ok.

>it's ironic so that makes it funny

which is the foundation of Sup Forums's humor

>>>/rationalwiki/

Now I know you have never been there.

Right now there are two threads that have mentioned RaM but you can't talk about it because its not welcome here or there for being popular with the normie main stream.

Don't forget they have to shove the reddit meme just so they don't have to heave their heavy fat hands over more keys then are absolutely necessary.

God knows you have to use the lamest hand wave argument to be sure that no one will argue with you.

>complaining that a joke is made ironically
Can you be any more of a joyless faggot?

Nice argument, kiddo. Sorry that your sensibilities are so fragile that you need to hand wave everything to rebbit

>come to Sup Forums to get away from this ribbit meme cake is a lie bullshit
>there are like 5 threads of rick and memey on Sup Forums
what happened to cunny threads and LOSTposting
i want to go back

>REBBIT REBBIT REBBIT TEEHEE AM I COOL YET? PLEASE LOVE ME

I've witnessed it. The guy immediately donned a haughty tone when questioned about his religious views. It was insufferable.

>he still believes people hate reddit to "fit in"

Yes. Look at how often rebbit is said

>reddit is now a meaningless derogatory term
wew lad

Fuck off reddigger

No we just mindlessly hate reddit because its reddit, I seriously want to strangle any human that has a reddit account.

Kill yourself, tripfag.

Right, thanks for proving my point

Anyone else here love science? LOL I can't wait to get my hands on some hella ep*c Szechaun sauce from good old Mickie D's. WUBALUBADUBDUB!!!

give it to me straight Sup Forums

should i start watching this?

>Got ist tot Morty
>fucking rEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Don't offend my got

>simply mentioning this show is guaranteed replies and asshurt

You're right but that still doesn't excuse the burping or the incompetent improvisation.

its only 2 seasons so it doesnt take any time to watch it all

It's a poor man's Futurama but it's not as bad a people here make it out to be. Its fanbase is insufferable.

> Its fanbase is insufferable.
I see youve been browsing reddit

Yes, ignore the faggots on Sup Forums who likely have not even watched it. It's usually a safe bet to do the opposite of what anyone says here.

>it's meant to be bad!

>complains about something being ironically bad
>comes to fucking Sup Forums of all boards
Wew lad

youtube.com/watch?v=EbTlK3perdI

I wish they just stuck to original formula and kept Rick as a drunk old grandpa, instead of the multiverse's smartest socipath, council of Ricks and other asinine bullshit

youtu.be/BdpyvMgBQTk

Yes.

My least favourite episodes are the ones with the lazy fucking improv on the intergalactic satellite, I get that's the joke but it doesn't make it good

Here's you're (you), but not really a (you)

*BUURRRRP* "God's not real Morty"
>the redditor begins to chuckle
"L-life is pointless Morty, your *URP* parents are fucking idiots"
>the redditor laughs out loud, spewing Cheetoh crumbs all over his desk
"W-wake up fucking sheeple, everybody is an idiot but me"
>the redditor can hardly contain his full bellied laughter as chortles begin to fill the room
"WUBALABADUBDUB POOPY DOOP FUCK SHIT"
>The redditor starts convulsing on the floor, gasping for air between spasms of laughter
"mmmm get schwifty"
>the redditor's heart explodes and he dies

reading this thread is enough proof of the show's fanbase being insufferable.

Or maybe constantly shitting on it, calling people who even remotely like it reddit or hand waving actual constructive criticism is insufferable? Ever think of that. Faggot?

He's probably the same guy who posts the Harry Potter thing.

do it faggot

You really do need to get into the mindset of the faggot atheist Redditor to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases. Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty

Only atheists think in terms of science vs religion. Think of it this way, science is the measure and study of the physical using observation and experimentation. By it's very nature it cannot presume to offer any substantial view on the metaphysical. You cannot materially quantify the immaterial. It's like looking through a microscope and trying to find an atom of justice or a molecule of mercy.

I hope you see why you're being fallacious.

It should probably be noted that almost every single major figure in the atheist movement is Jewish. You could make a compelling argument that atheism is specifically being pushed by Jews in today's society, and they seem to largely be targeting western Christians and only them.

For example, Sam Harris, Chapman Cohen, David Silverman, Michael Newdow, Gregory Epstein, Sherman Wine, Bill Maher, Eric Kaufmann, and of course, Richard Dawkins's mother has a Jewish surname and was stated to have lived in the only Jewish suburb of the city she grew up in. But he hasn't explicitly named her religion.

But that's only a tiny part of the list. We could discuss the Jewish atheists who aren't pushing atheism so much as atheism-enabling political views like Marxism. For example Soklonikov, Trotsky, Deutscher, Lenin, Uritsky, Kamenev, Zinoviev and Sverdlov.

And what about atheist Jewish public entertainers that constantly run down Christianity? We can go ahead and recycle Bill Maher here and also include Jon Leibowitz, Stephen Fry, Woody Allen, Rob Reiner, Daniel Radcliffe, Larry David, David Silverman, and... I'm sure I'm close to the post cap, so rather than just name the rest of Hollywood, you get the point.

PURE COINCIDENCE though.

None of this made any sense and this chart is autistic as fuck. If it's even credible.

Metaphysics is a meme. I honestly stopped reading or even acknowledging the post once you said that. You have to be pretty retarded from the start to even seriously consider metaphysics as a real science.

Holy shit you need to get a therapist and talk this out, bud. This is close to an obsession with Jews.

case in point.

Is Rick and Morty the most enlightened show on television?

?? Every insufferable person in this thread is on the anti-Rick and Morty side, those posts are the source of the sperg rage, and I don't see any insufferable posts about how great the show is

>You cannot materially quantify the immaterial.

Which is exactly why any and all discussion of it should be thrown out the window or at the very least be discussed purely from an agnostic point of view. People who think their metaphysical beliefs can be facts are the scummiest people on earth, theistic or atheistic.

How was anything I just said irrational in any way?