13 Teasons why

It was all her own fault, wasnt it?

gets drunk and makes out with girl despite open blinds and knowing that a stalker is there.

Witnesses a rape and does nothing.

Goes to the rapists party and undresses,ends up being raped.

Rejects the good guy because reasons.

The other reasons are bullshit

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Son
google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjax87Y75DTAhXLjZQKHUQ7BMoQFggiMAI&url=http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/gable-tostee-trial-after-tinder-date-died-tostee-ate-pizza-phoned-lawyer-20161012-gs0y5m.html&usg=AFQjCNEsJXP53ThpHE5v1mhTMg3PrT5AIA&bvm=bv.152174688,d.dGo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

RAPE IS NEVER EVER A WOMAN'S FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This. Fuck off OP, you're part of the problem.

I'm so angry that I can't even talk about this stupid show.

Dude rape culture LMAO

Can someone greentext this show for me? Too lazy and uninterested to watch

It's never an attractive white woman's fault.

Here's 13 reasons why.

I feel sorry for anyone who's trying to fuck a white bitch that has watched this show or read the book.

It's basically
>girl kills self
>mc gets tapes after the girls death that name people as the "13 reasons" she killed herself
>it's everyone's fault but hers

That sounds preachy and gay. Thanks for taking the bullet.

I think the show paints some of the fault as hers. Except for Bryce and Jeff, all the kids are pretty much gray, including Clay.

obviously. garbage content made for teenage girls.

>It's never an attractive white woman's fault.
It's never the woman's fault
FTFY

I unironically don't understand this.Someone who leaves all their valuable shit up for grabs on their lawn would be called stupid for not taking better care of their stuff, but stripping naked around a bunch of people you hardly know at a party is supposed to be acceptable?

go back

Think about. What kind of mentally fucked in the head do you have to be to get your dick and just fuck someone when they clearly don't want it.

Nah nigga you can rape an ugly bitch all you want.

I'm really happy they showed the suicide scene
it'll help people actually go through with it

i think we all understand ways that women increase their likelihood of getting raped by putting themselves in bad positions. only a rapist crosses the line and causes rape though.

its just a really difficult situation because we all know the weakness and naiveté of young women who sometimes unknowingly do ridiculous things

>clearly
interesting word choice

I think I'll remember this forever.

Young lads, that was some amazing shit when we first saw it. One of the moments that made the internet what it is.

When you watch a show about a girl who faces a whole bunch of problems and it receives critical and audience acclaim, maybe there's some accuracy to its portrayal.
Maybe, as a male, you could take a look at what girls all over the world are saying about these issues and understand that your perspective is unintentionally biased and open your mind a little bit.
Maybe you should also avoid sympathizing with and justifying the actions of an actual rapist until you're confident that you genuinely understand the perspective of the girl in question.
Honestly we're all here for the laffs and the memes but it's just a little worrying when people can watch either of the rape scenes in this show and still believe that the women were at fault

okay what exactly did she say on Prisoners kid's tape? From what i understand the situation was basically
>turn down nice kid she "actually cares about"
>witness rapist raping her friend
>get drunk and have sex with rapist
>feel raped
>nice kid she "actually cares about" comes over, asks what's wrong
>repeatedly screams at him to get the fuck out
>he eventually leaves despite putting in an honest effort to help her
>tape says "why did you leave??? it's your fault!!!"

Am I missing something here?

Look at this fucking tank
she should be so lucky to get a chad

Why am I always being told to do this?! Why isn't anyone told to look at things from MY perspective?!

>>get drunk and have sex with rapist

clearly didn't watch

What about the second rape scene, when she knowingly goes to the party hosted by a guy she literally witnessed raping another girl, and gets drunk with this rapist?

Yeah, i didn't. This is what i gathered from confusing accounts of how the show played out. I can't be bothered to watch trash like this. What actually went down?

He got in the pool then she tried to leave, and then he raped her. Were we not watching the same show?

Apparently there is no amount of irresponsible action that warrants any kind of criticism from someone who is raped.

If you go to the zoo, jump over the fence, and stick your hand in a crocodiles mouth, it is ultimately the croc's fault for biting your arm off.

>getting raped by someone you saw raping someone else.

At what point does personal responsibility come into play? Never?

The audacity of this cunt to go around blaming everyone in her life for failing her. I hated this show so fucking much.

women should harden the fuck up

Why are roasties so dumb?

why was she even there?She knew he was a rapist and wasnt even invited

>making money out of normalizing teen suicide
I want off Mr. Bones' Wild Ride

The show is literally all about a character blaming numerous other people for her suicide, which is straight up abusive shit. Sure, yeah, she can reasonably blame the rapist, but what about the main guy whose only sin was literally leaving when she screamed at him to? And then she says some creepy shit like "You could have tried to save me!" What the fuck?

Yeah she was fucking retarded, still rape tho.

Could you imagine this show being done around an ugly, short, non-white guy? or even a real ugly girl for that matter. Pizza face LaShawna would never be the main character of this. Would never happen desu

teenagers are stupid and do stupid things all the time. some of these things affect women worse than men, like having sex or getting raped.

So the rapist should be punished and go to prison. Great, that's resolved. Now why should we sympathize with or care that this thot killed herself?

>Just had an awful day where you accidentally lost hundreds of dollars in a way that is unfortunate but entirely normal
>Just because someone hosts a party doesn't mean you're definitely going to interact with them- she stayed far away from him until he approached her once she was alone and got into the hot tub without her noticing
>She clearly wasn't drunk even though that's irrelevant anyway
>She tries to get away, literally dragging herself out of the hot tub before being grabbed hard enough to leave bruises and pulled back in
>If you need an explicit "no" to see that she was very uncomfortable and not consenting you may genuinely have some kind of empathy disorder like Asperger's
>Half the point of the show was about explicit consent
>Clay always asked "is this okay?" before doing anything sexual
>Bryce coerced and forced his way into sex
>Clay good, Bryce bad
>Consent good, helps to avoid rape and suicide
>No consent bad, leads to rape and suicide

It's not hard

The term half of you are looking for is "unsympathetic victim".

Someone like that would never pull the dramatic narcissistic shit the main character did. Their narrative would just be
>Get bullied
>Get ignored
>Single mom doesn't give a shit
>Finally reach some arbitrary snapping point
>Promptly hang self in closet with no fanfare
>Drunk single mom finds them rotting there next morning
>Maybe gets an "RIP" facebook account and a school assembly where normies who never gave a shit can performatively mourn

Not a great narrative for the Netflix crowd

because wymyn love feeling sad for other wymyn and love furthering their nanny state agenda

When you are in a city you're not familiar with and you wander into a bad neighborhood and get mugged, next time you should find out where the bad streets are and not go down them.

When you leave your keys in the ignition of your unlocked car and it gets stolen, maybe you should remember to bring your keys inside and lock your car.

When your wallet keeps falling out of your pocket, maybe start putting it in a different pocket.

When you get raped, BLAH BLHAB LAH BLAH BLAH VICTIM BLAMING VICTIM BLAMING

The only crime where legitimate preventative actions are completely drowned out and the person suggesting them is labeled a piece of shit victim shamer.

If Clay good, why does he get blamed for her suicide?

No I think I was on the mark with stupid cunt.

Surprise, it's still the fucking rapist's fault

She even says on the tape that he doesn't actually deserve to be on the tapes

Clay's tape wasn't about blaming him, it was about what could have been different. The show is about what can be done to help prevent suicide. Communication is a big part of that. Because of this show, there might be someone out there like Hannah who decides to talk to someone like Clay instead of just pushing them away.

>Just had an awful day where you accidentally lost hundreds of dollars
>decide to go to a party hosted by someone you factually know is a rapist
>get drunk and naked in said rapist's house
>expect him not to do anything bad
This is wrong in so many levels.

If you go to Bill Clinton's house, you can expect people like Bill Clinton to be there, and if you dislike Bill, or he wronged someone and you have seen it happen before your eyes, you probably should not be there.
Switch Bill Clinton with Bryce and tell me it doesn't make sense.

There's another layer here, say we know Bill Clinton is an opportunistic motherfucker, and a skilled scammer at that, to top it all, impulsive. Are you really going to get drunk in front of him and put your wallet on the table?
Let's switch it up a bit, change Bill for Bryce, scam for rape, and 'put wallet on the table' to 'get naked'. Still going to blame only Bill? You literally put bait out there to make him go bad.

I'm not saying what he did was excusable, but I am implying that the victim is not blameless, she could've prevented this, at so many opportunities, that it's impressive many others didn't jump on the chance too.

Recently in the UK we had a woman who was raped agree with the female judge's statement that she was irresponsible and should have been much more careful the night of. Basically she got blackout drunk at a party with a bunch of people she didn't know in an unfamiliar place. The woman who came forward actually waived her right to anonymity to come forward to support the judge.

Both were lambasted in the media. The judge as a victim blamer and the victim as an abuse enabler. This fucking world is fucked.

Oh yeah I forgot, in the UK, total and complete anonymity is provided for the accuser, no matter the outcome of the trial, even if the accused is acquitted, the case collapses or the victim themselves withdraws the complaint. Forever. The accused is listed publicly from accusation. It used to be the case where both were anonymous and if convicted, the rapist was made publicly known. That got changed though. The world is fucked.

>spent loads of time making tapes explaining herself
>didnt have the presence of mind to understand her problems were miniscule
>didnt have the presence of mind to NOT COMMIT SUICIDE

No shit, robbers and rapists and murderers exist and they're not going away. They're pieces of shit and should die. But there are things you can do to help prevent these horrible things from happening to you and in the context of this show, you shouldn't be going to a party hosted by a fucking rapist. If you do, you should be always with at least 1 close friend not in hot tubs by yourself.

Here's the one fact that is relevant: Bryce raped Hannah.
He didn't have to commit the crime, but he did. No amount of "it's muh nature" can excuse that.
Hannah was at a party with her friends. Unless you're a territorial animal like a dog, it's entirely irrelevant that it was at Bryce's house.
Even stripping to her underwear is irrelevant. It was so she could get in the hot tub, not so that she could lure in men. Do you honestly think she went to the party that night and took off her clothes hoping to get sex?

HOW ABOUT EXERCISING A LITTLE COMMON SENSE AND NOT GOING TO A PARTY HOSTED BY SOMEONE YOU KNOW RAPED SOMEONE ELSE?!?!!!
AT WHAT POINT ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR ACTIONS?!?!

>just completely avoid the single most popular guy in school, who you share multiple mutual friends with
>never go to parties ever
>you are at fault even after trying to get away from a rapist and being pulled back

>being popular is worth the risk of being raped
Wew lad.

maybe im autistic but i really dont understand why rape is seen as some huge mind shattering event. i've done extremely regrettable things and im perfectly fine. i've had bad sexual encounters that i wish i could scrub from my memory. thinking of these things can be painful but it's also made my character stronger. i often feel like sexual assault victims are allowing themselves to wallow in their own world of hurt

This is some top quality bait, imported straight from a Title IX investigation.

The fact that you say that, removes all the agency the victim had before the crime, and that's untenable.
Also, I said that had many opportunities to prevent this, not that it was her fault.

good point

Now thats some Trump Tier B8, M8

I bet you mysoginist pigs also thought this precious angel was asking for it.

pure

>Rapist threw a party I wasn't invited to
>better turn up to it, don't want to be less popular

It infuriates me so much. This bitch expect people to just read minds and shit. Just to intuit that something is wrong. And when people do catch on to something not being okay, she spurns them and blames them all. I hate it when women do that. If you have a problem speak on it.

I can't imagine any boy doing what she did. Okay, to be fair they'd probably shoot up the school instead of kill themselves and blame everyone else for it.

This shit was like what would happen to the kid from Moonlight he was a white woman.

Welp time to give up. I just really hope that you avoid actively blaming any rape victims to their face, and I really hope you get explicit consent if you ever have sex. That's the least you can do.

You ruined it with basically admitting you were funposting

>Okay, to be fair they'd probably shoot up the school instead of kill themselves

Men have much higher suicide rates than women and school shootings like Sandy Hook or Columbine are pretty rare.

Two things to say, one, we never said it was her fault, but instead, that she had the knowledge and the power to prevent it, and two, you're on Sup Forums, did you really expect people to sympathize with some hugbox argument about how it's never the victim's fault? Fucking idiot.

Most men record all private contact with women now, it's the only way that Australian man beat a murder charge after that crazy dumb bitch got herself killed.

>Trying to convince rapist sympathisers that rape is the fault of the rapist above all else is fun
Gee whiz.

Well see no one is arguing that a rapist is at fault for a rape, that's impossible to argue. Unfortunately rapists exist, and when you literally know a rapist, don't fucking hang out with them. Fucking idiot.

You're so weirdly indoctrinated by this site and its culture, and you don't even see that it's a negative impact on your life

isn't at fault*

i doubt it Sup Forums has been getting lots of posters like these lately, most likely from reddit

No, I said it was her fault.

She saw him rape someone. She didn't even try to contact the girl he raped. She just went to his party, got raped, let nobody help her, made a bunch of tapes about nobody helping her then killed herself.

The only way this was not her fault was if she had some mental illness, but she wasn't portrayed like she did.

Her shit mom can probably use this as evidence to sue the school for millions of dollars.

>tinder date jumps of balcony and kills herself
>im going to go and get some pizza right now
what did he mean by this?

Coming from the person saying a girl should go to a rapists party to fit in. Who's indoctrinated again?

We need more pro trump threads?

Bush was such a baller. Throwing strikes, dodging shoes, fighting wars, doesn't get much manlier than that.

The show basically says it was her fault, but not for your retarded sophomoric reasons. The show's clearly not aimed at Sup Forumstards either but does a nice shoutout to them through Tyler character, aka the guy who's about to shoot up the school.

Nice ad hominem.
By removing all agency from the girl you basically turn her into bait for criminals and idealogues.
Exactly what is happening here, you think she's a saint that had no influence on this and that the event would've happened no matter what, and that's wrong, she had knowledge and multiple oportunities to turn around and prevent further damage from being done to herself and others.
Instead, she chose to go to the rapist's house to party nonetheless.
Talk about bad choices.

Well, change the WE to an I.

is this like stranger things when in the end chad wins and the beta cuck loses ?

Huh?

>describes the actions of a mentally ill person
>she wasn't portrayed like she had a mental illness!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Son

>In October 2008, Son was charged by California authorities in relation to his participation in a 1990 gang rape. He was initially charged in Orange County, California, with five counts of rape, two felony counts of forcible sodomy, two felony counts of sodomy in concert by force, seven felony counts of forcible oral copulation, and one felony count of sexual penetration by foreign object by force. He faced a maximum sentence of 275 years to life if convicted.[3][9]

Son and an accomplice tortured and repeatedly raped the victim before releasing her with her pants tied around her eyes. During the trial, the woman said that Son told her, "It's Christmas. This is your lucky day." Before jury selection began for his trial in early August 2011, the initial charges against Son were dropped having expired due to the statute of limitations. Son was then charged with conspiracy to commit torture and murder, crimes which have no statute of limitations.[10] In late August, Son was found guilty of one felony count of torture.

and youre so weirdly indoctrinated by the thinking that women should practice no risk minimization that youre going to cause a negative impact on women when something bad happens that may have been avoided

This is another shit show from Netflix they've had like 5 in a row when everyone was screaming about Original content!

If it wasn't for Marvel they would have never taken off

google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjax87Y75DTAhXLjZQKHUQ7BMoQFggiMAI&url=http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/gable-tostee-trial-after-tinder-date-died-tostee-ate-pizza-phoned-lawyer-20161012-gs0y5m.html&usg=AFQjCNEsJXP53ThpHE5v1mhTMg3PrT5AIA&bvm=bv.152174688,d.dGo
irl shitposting

They really are the best at it

>Rescue a vicious pit fighting dog from Guatemala
>Take it home
>Put on your steak scented perfume and dominant male pheromone deodorant before going to bed
>It mauls you in your sleep
>"Wtf this was totally not my fault"

>See a rapist
>Go to his house
>Get naked in his house
>Get raped
>"Wtf this totally wasn't my fault"

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

lol Balcony brah

can't wait for this show to get 10 seasons because netflix has no idea there's a such a thing called "mini-series"

She was a narcissist

Sad what happened to her and a lot of bad shit happened to her, but that mindset of "me me me" is what killed her.

Shit cringe fest

Also season 2 with the photographs kid when?

-

Not her fault but she put herself in that scenario

But she knew bryce is a rapist? Going to a rapist party in the middle of the night when most of them are gone and only 2 other people there were zach justin and jessica which already betrayed her, she decided to undress. Now that is just asking for trouble

Mate no one here is defending the rapist. They are pointing that she put herself in harms way. Even in episode 1 she was told that bryce is evil and stay away from as much as u can

>Watching young adult fiction adaptations

you do realize you're on Sup Forums, where people watch riverdale unironically here?

I've hear that show has lesbians

so tell me Sup Forums, is there something more other than kissing? Because if not, I don't really care.