So I found a couple of scientific papers that Sup Forums might find very interesting

So I found a couple of scientific papers that Sup Forums might find very interesting.

People's aggregation on social media sites provides so many data points that it starts becoming possible to make statistical predictions of political events with an effectiveness never seen before.

First of all we can take the math used for many-body quantum systems and apply it to human actors to try to do quantitative social science with it, and it ends up working pretty well for modelling criminal gangs and financial markets.
arxiv.org/abs/1011.6398

But this is the real magic: when we collect bulk data from social media and apply this kind of thinking to it... we can do an excellent job of predicting terrorist attacks, riots, and other forms of political instability.

arxiv.org/abs/1109.2076

Interestingly from this perspective there is very little difference between criminal groups and political actors.

But are you Neil F. Johnson?

Are you just figuring it out that with enough data you can actually predict patterns in human behavior?

nah, but I found these by looking him up after I heard a little about him in the MSM.

k.... keep me posted

The concept in general is obviously not new, hell I have a book about using path integrals to game wall street, that's how HST works. Being *good* at it is another thing altogether.

“Have you ever wondered why clouds behave in such familiar ways when each specimen is so unique? Or why the energy exchange market is so unpredictable? In the coming age we must develop and apply nonlinear mathematical models to real world phenomena. We shall seek, and find, the hidden fractal keys which can unravel the chaos around us.”

— Academician Prokhor Zakharov, University Commencement (Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri)

It is the first time in history that we can collect massive amounts of accurate data in real time, don't be so cynical, this is huge.

>scientific papers that Sup Forums might find very interesting.
Hahah, Sup Forums is the most anti intellectual place I have ever seen. No way they will be interested in scientific papers.

mah nigga
checked

How retarded are you

Webbot program

interesting shit

dude does some based art

We psycho history now?

Skype isnt a social media LOL its a communications program

I don't understand.
Give me an example.

Have you seen the webbot that cliff high got?

Blessed be the God-Emperor, leading us even from beyond the grave!

I want to put my tweeter on her birthmark.

If history is dynamic,

bump for science. need to read to comment.

I love ideas revolving around chaos theory, complexity, emergence etc. but I'm too much of a retard to understand anything that they're talking about in that paper. I downloaded the pdf on that site and this stuff is way out of my league

I'm not intellectually incurious about the subject I just wish I was smarter so I could actually understand what the fuck they're talking about

>I'm not intellectually incurious about the subject I just wish I was smarter so I could actually understand what the fuck they're talking about

story of my fucking life

A large number of people will be killed by BLM in two weeks. Screenshot this!
>praise kek

If you can accurately predict terror attacks and political upheaval, you can make a FUCKTON of money.

there was this wall street guy who had a model and the cia wanted the source code. there is a documentary about it.

Paper by : Josef Ashkenazi

We dont even have to look up who is behind this.

pic unrelated

I too have read Isaac Asimov's the Foundation, but the Psychohistory meme is not real you burger, it is fiction.

>"We shall seek, and find, the hidden fractal keys which can unravel the chaos around us.”

We have. Praise him.

That's why there's so much money and work in neural networks - it's an actively shaping prediction model.