Everyone deserves to be referred to by their correct name and pronouns- it’s not an entitlement...

Everyone deserves to be referred to by their correct name and pronouns- it’s not an entitlement, but a basic way to demonstrate human dignity. Remember, transgender folks experience disproportionate acts of violence and harm on a daily basis. Referring to someone by their correct name and pronouns can help to alleviate some of the harm they may face

We often may assume someone’s gender because we have been socialized to make assumptions about people based on limited information that we perceive. For example, if someone has long hair, we may assume that they identify as female because society has taught us that only women have long hair. By unlearning these inherent stereotypes, we can actively work to stop assuming the gender of people we encounter and reimagine a world where social stigma doesn’t inform gender.

This comment is accurate in pointing out that humans are more than their gender. We are complex beings who should be treated with respect, regardless of how we identify.

You don’t have to denounce science to understand gender identity. According to GLAAD’s Media Reference Guide, sex is determined at birth based on the appearance of one’s external anatomy and reproductive organs. Gender identity is an internal and deeply held sense of gender that is not visible to others. For some, their gender identity matches the sex they were assigned at birth, while for others gender and sex do not align. According to GLAAD, “most people have a gender identity of man or woman (or boy or girl)” while for others, “their gender identity does not fit neatly into one of those two choices” and they may identify as non-binary or another gender non-conforming identity.

Internet comments can be cruel and hurtful, but they often come from a place of misinformation. By debunking these myths about non-binary identification, we hope to reduce perpetuated stigma and validate non-binary people worldwide.

Attached: Seventeen - Header.png (1200x630, 727K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YsfIAChnYxk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yea

Attached: go fuck yourself.png (2500x1645, 197K)

Lmao shut the fuck up faggot

Attached: 38C13E67-FFD8-4DFD-9044-2E1FC10BC644.gif (300x166, 1.18M)

Speech can be a form of violence when intentionally used as a tool to harm and oppress an individual. Perpetually misgendering a person through systematic microaggressions may cause chronic health problems such as “persistent anxiety, fatigue, stress, hypervigilance, anger, fear, depression, shame, and a sense of loneliness”. (Kapusta 504).

This comment is correct in suggesting that words can be used to prevent violence. If you misgender someone, politely correct yourself and continue the conversation. If you have questions or are confused about gender, reach out and ask!

Attached: lhg.jpg (1200x800, 429K)

stfu no one cares

tldr, join the 42% nigger faggot. Boohoo mentally ill people need respect
No, no they don't. Respect is earned, not given. You think because your mentally trash I need to respect that? no, I don't, you entitled, victim mentality fuckwit.
I hope you end your life soon, and fade into the other 42% of people that no one will remember or care about in a few years.

Your pasta is stale, faggot

Attached: Gay.jpg (320x228, 13K)

youtube.com/watch?v=YsfIAChnYxk
HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's very important to validate and support nonbinary (NB, enby) persons, especially people of color.

Humans are deeply complex creatures. We don’t generally relish being reduced to less than the sum of our parts. Yet the language we have to describe our relationships is full of assumptions and limitations.

We deserve better.

In definitions and labels, we can find community and solidarity, but we can also find arguments and division. We can access resources and care, but we can also be kept out of spaces we need and denied these things. We can name our pain and find pathways to heal it, but we can also swim in a sea that is simultaneously too vast and too small to accurately describe our feelings.

fuck all you tranny faggots fucking kill yourselves

>"Everyone deserves to be referred to by their correct name and pronouns- it’s not an entitlement, but a basic way to demonstrate human dignity."
So, nicknames ignore human dignity?

Don't be silly! It's about addressing the person as they/zim/zerem are comfortable with being addressed. If they/zim/zerem are comfortable being addressed with a cute nickname, then that's absolutely fine!

It's all about respect!

Fuck off this board and dilate, you degenerate fuck, I'll call you whatever the fuck I want

faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot
faggot faggot faggot faggot.

Let’s start with the word “non-binary” itself. A non-binary individual is someone who identifies outside of a binary.

A binary is a categorization with only two options. Salt and pepper are a binary. Black and white are a binary. Man and woman, too, are a binary.

Because it’s not the body that dictates gender identity, but simply how a person feels within their body.

And if you’re reading this, you’re probably feeling some type of way about the body you were born into. Let’s dig into that a little deeper.

Attached: lhg3.jpg (699x466, 49K)

Non-binary means not-cis.

What is being cis?

Cis is shorthand for cisgender, or someone whose biological sexual characteristics matches up with the traditional gender identity for that body.

So when you see someone with boobs, wide hips, no Adam’s apple, long hair, etc, you’d think that person is woman.
And when you see someone with broad shoulders, short hair, muscles, body hair, etc, you’d think that person is man.

Things you’re already doing that might indicate you’re non-binary:
Shortening or changing your name so that it’s gender neutral.
Using “They/them” when describing the gender of people you don’t know. This might be because you wish someone called you by those neutral pronouns.
Wishing there were more gender-neutral bathrooms in this world.

Attached: lhg4.png (400x209, 2K)

Things to help figure out if you’re non-binary:

Change your hairstyle. Cut it, grow it, shave it, dye it.
Experiment with makeup. Or don’t. Buy some eyeliner and lipstick. Throw the ones you do have away. Or, hey, if you want to, give yourself a beard with some mascara. Whatever works!
Try on different clothing. Raid a sibling’s closet, a parent’s wardrobe, or try stuff on at goodwill. Do you like what you see?
Ask people to call you different pronouns or names. Sometimes that’s all you need to reaffirm your gender. If you’re not in a place where you can ask people that, websites like Pronoun Changing Room can help you out.
Specifically, start asking people to use “they/them” pronouns with you.

Binary trans folks feel comfortable passing as a single gender while non-binary people typically feel ambivalence for gender, its expression, and its language. Some non-binary people feel gender dysphoria (such as transmasculine and transfeminine folks), but these people still don’t feel like they fit anywhere on the gender binary.

So, binary trans folks try to live in the binary, non-binary folks live outside of it, and may even try to deconstruct it. The two are different, even though they both fall under the trans umbrella. Each informs distinct ways in which both groups perceive themselves and the world.

Labels become symbolic

I’m not gonna lie. I love having a rainbow flag hanging up in my apartment. That’s because this whole umbrella term of LGBTQ not only looks great on my white cinder block walls but fills me with, dare I say, pride.

Yes. I love looking at my rainbow flag. I love the symbolism of my identity.

I love is going to gay pride and seeing rainbows on faces, on flags flapping in the wind, on bare chests and shoes.

Rainbows represent the LGBTQ community. Well, homosexuality historically, but the rainbow now represents queerness in general. When I see a rainbow flag, I know that it’s owner, in whatever way, shape, or form, resonates with the LGBT community just like I do.

Labels are communicated non-verbally through symbols such as flags, clothing, pins, buttons, etc. You tell the world who you are by donning your symbol. Conversely, when someone sees you with that symbol, you can have a totally awesome moment where you shoot finger guns at each other, grin, and say, “ayyyyyyy.”

Attached: lhg5.jpg (816x1232, 129K)

Transphobic people will assert practically anything to get away from the much simpler truth, what trans people have been saying for decades: that trans women are simply women who were mistakenly assigned male at birth.
The problem with both of these social stereotypes for the “too good” and “too bad” trans woman is that they both infer that a trans woman is really a man, which creates an impossible balancing act for trans women. On the one hand, we punish trans women for being “pretty”, accuse beautiful trans women of lying by passing, and say that trans women are perpetuating misogyny by being stereotypically feminine.
But, on the other hand, we also punish trans women who aren’t “pretty” in the context of a cis-centric media landscape by saying that they “look like men”, they aren’t worthy of respect, can’t work a service job, can’t be in visible media roles, are complicated to provide healthcare for, and more artificial barriers created for trans people.

k, so much is wrong with this but I'm going to focus on two main ones, we'll three technically...

"Transgendered" is a derogatory term. Being trans is not something that just happened to us or was done to us, we simply are. Like you, we were born this way.

There is no wrong way to use the term Queer. You are right about one thing, queer started as referring to homosexuality, but it's changed, adapted. Anyone can use the word queer, even cis folks! It means whatever the individual wants it to mean. For us that's gender identities.

So you understand, only people who are trans identifying, fall under the spectrum of transgender. Many who are intersex, gender queer (there's that word again), gender fluid, non binary, non binary cis (yup that's a thing), bigender, agender and androgynous, do not consider themselves transgender at all, never would (some do, but I haven't met many). Trying to erase their identities by forcing them all under the transgender umbrella is wrong. We are already reeling from the news about the Trump administration trying to erase us, please don't be that person who does the same from within our own community. That said, I'm one who believes people are inherently good so I'm going chalk this up as simply just your lack of understanding about gender identities

Gender Master List

This is an ongoing list of gender identities. If you see an identity with a confusing or wrong description, feel free to message us about it and we will answer as soon as possible. Feel free to mix and match your own prefixes and suffixes to create the identity that best describes you.

Any gender named _gender may be made into _boy, _girl, _nonbinary, etc.

(example: demigender, demiboy, demigirl, deminonbinary)

Abimegender: a gender that is profound, deep, and infinite; meant to resemble when one mirror is reflecting into another mirror creating an infinite paradox

Adamasgender: a gender which refuses to be categorized

Aerogender: a gender that is influenced by your surroundings

Aesthetigender: a gender that is derived from an aesthetic; also known as videgender

Affectugender: a gender that is affected by mood swings

Agender: the feeling of no gender/absence of gender or neutral gender

Agenderflux: Being agender and having fluctuating feelings of masculinity of femininity, but NOT male or female

Alexigender: a gender that is fluid between more than one gender but the individual cannot tell what those genders are