Harry Potter

What was the best Harry Potter film?

"No!"

No what?

off by 2

post more harry potter lewds

What is the point in arguing what is the best movie in the dullest franchise in history. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Prisoner of Azkaban. Any other answer is wrong.

"3!"

moar

Azkaban without a doubt. Half blood Prince could have been if they didn't fuck it up so badly.

III
Three
Tres
Trois
San

Thanks

Theyre all shit

Fantastic beasts was ok though.

What did they fuck up?

Voldemort's backstory was probably the best part of the book and they heavily condensed it down to like 2 scenes. Then they completely cut the battle scene after Snape killed Dumbledore.
Then they focused way more on Ginny Weasley of all people.

The movies always focused a bit more on the kids by cutting other parts, and that's part of why they were so successful, but they cut the wrong parts and focused on shitty characters in HBP.

Goblet of Fire

Why an envelope tho?

The fake trailer of this from "the talk soup" was hilarious.

If anything ginny got less focus. I only remember her kiss with harry and the part at the burrow.

Azkaban because it was the first HP to treat the adaptation as a work furthering the art of Cinema and not just children's fodder

Deathly Hallows 1 for its unconventional setting and restless longing

Half-Blood Prince for Slughorn's goldfish monologue