Thoughts?

Attached: AEF5F77D-A956-41AF-B9A9-12ECE8A30E71.jpg (1318x1257, 112K)

Source? Where would philosophy fit?

prob just to the right of English.

t. philosophy major.

It can't be that easy. I don't know how philosophy is taught in universities but writing a proper paper on say Kant's first critique must be much harder compared to what English majors write about.

it’s too variable an activity. reading and writing about Euthyphro is radically different than reading and writing about Wittgenstein’s Tractatus

Here's my take on this

Attached: workload.png (1416x1322, 240K)

I'd put Comp Sci above Civil. Chem above Electrical.

Everything lower than accounting has a higher workload than accounting.

>gender studies more conceptually difficult than being a historian
Uh

Does anything higher than accounting have a lower workload than accounting?

No. You could train a dog to be an accountant. It honestly should be moved to trade schools rather than take up space at universities.

>all these species of engineer clustered at the top right
Gee I wonder if a stemfag engineer made this to depict himself as superior to mathematics because he has to do more work for the same level of "conceptual difficulty." Also lmao at gender studies being anywhere but the far bottom left

A gender studies student has a higher workload than an accounting student.

Do you really think your shitty English degree has anywhere close to the workload or conceptual difficulty of a mechanical engineering degree? What’s the English degree’s equivalent to dynamics, machine design, thermo, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, control systems, or mechanics of elastic bodies? Seriously?

lmao at the absolute state of cope by self-absorbed engineers
I had friends in pure math, and they got absolutely abused on assignments
pasting your eng shit into wolfram is not hard

I think advanced political and social theory, like Hegel, Nietzsche, DeToqueville, etc, belong in the bottom right. You kind of understand it or you don't. There were a lot of people in my area of the PoliSci major that were just drowning and never figured anything out. They got by with good grades because the professors were more concerned with effort than understanding, but they couldn't put together three intelligent sentences about any great authors.

Fixed your graph

Attached: 1573175202210.jpg (1318x1257, 157K)

>Drowned
>Good grade
What indicated drowning

how is suicide not high workload

Just walk off a bridge lmao people do it all the time by accident. Nobody ever completes a 4 year degree in math by accident.

Literally stay where you are right now and don't move any of your muscles. You'll die within a few days due to dehydration if others don't intervene.

it takes infinitely more effort to do that than cram for an EE final

It requires high mental capacity but absolutely no work. That's why it's on the bottom right.

You're confusing it with bookkeeping.

Philosophy & Pure Mathematics have the greatest potential

They couldn't hold their own in conversations in class. Most of my classes were seminar-style.

>engineers are overworked bugmen
who would've thunk

pst
check your mailbox friend

Attached: teddyk.jpg (480x360, 36K)

This looks to be a terribly constructed graph based entirely on the ideology of the creator.

Engineering is hard, but I know plenty of engineers who couldn't find or navigate archives to find primary sources (History) or employ critical theory in the reading of those primary sources (English, Gender Studies). STEM is hard, maybe even quite a bit harder than History, English, or Gender Studies, but Business majors are complete retards.

Honestly, all this STEM vs. the World stuff is hard to take seriously. It all feels a bit like someone who's bad at a discipline justifying their mediocrity.

Gender studies should be there twice, once on the far left and once on the far right.
The "everything in men's fault" is a piece of cake but not even Marco polo could navigate no binary gender fluid dynamics and trans shemale boipussies

Yes English is easier than Gender Studies. Math and Physics are also non-sensical to an extent. The hardest I'd say would be pure theoretical math, and the easiest would be political science, gender studies, or sorcery

I've done business, law and physics.

Business had a far larger workload. Physics was just a matter of getting your head around concepts and memorizing some math. It didn't require hours of research assignments and putting together business plans.

Law was like business but even worse. The difference is stem is only demanding if you're a dumb dumb. Law and business requires a fuck load of time even though it not hard, it's just tedious.

where would medical fit?

Even things like auditing and advanced tax work aren't outside of the realm of an intellegent dog.

>college majors
Jesus, who cares?
What the fuck does this have to do with literature? Is this board just "pseudointellectual Sup Forums" now?

>The difference is stem is only demanding if you're a dumb dumb
This could not be anymore true. I was a math major and I had so much free time in college. I graduated with a 2.8, but would have been much higher if I even studied at all.

No retard. I majored in architecture through graduate school. While engineering babies were crying about having to stay up till 1am on occasion studying the fine, fine art of having zero concerns beyond how to make something work, and work cheaply, architecture students were neglecting sleeping in the sleeping bags under their desks while literally pulling multiple all nighters just to have some pompous professor physically tear our drawings off the wall and tell us to start over. Architecture, when done properly, is Engineering+Philosophy, except without all the insufferable faggotry that engineers perpetrate upon the rest of the world. Pic related, God has a set of calipers; they call it a "Makers Compass," for a reason. Hint: It's because God is an architect, not a faggot engineer. But architecture is never on these college ranking meme charts because architects are typically too busy working themselves to death to debase themselves like I am currently doing arguing with what is clearly an EnGiNeEr

>t. Fuck Modernists and Fuck engineers

Attached: Europe_a_Prophecy,_copy_D,_object_1_(Bentley_1,_Erdman_i,_Keynes_i)_British_Museum.jpg (2057x2800, 2.34M)

>No retard. I majored in architecture through graduate school. While engineering babies were crying about having to stay up till 1am on occasion studying the fine, fine art of having zero concerns beyond how to make something work, and work cheaply, architecture students were neglecting sleeping in the sleeping bags under their desks while literally pulling multiple all nighters just to have some pompous professor physically tear our drawings off the wall and tell us to start over. Architecture, when done properly, is Engineering+Philosophy, except without all the insufferable faggotry that engineers perpetrate upon the rest of the world. Pic related, God has a set of calipers; they call it a "Makers Compass," for a reason. Hint: It's because God is an architect, not a faggot engineer. But architecture is never on these college ranking meme charts because architects are typically too busy working themselves to death to debase themselves like I am currently doing arguing with what is clearly an EnGiNeEr
Fuck you both. You're both pseuds that are capable of making anything that actually lasts. I.e. Math, Writing, Art, etc.

>Architects are incapable of art, math, and writing
Hey user, want to guess what Ludwig Wittgenstein did once he grew tired of literally all three of the intellectual pursuits you just listed? Want to take a shot in the dark at what Ludwig was doing after writing the Tractatus, and before returning to philosophy after an esoteric metamorphosis that baffled even Bertrand Russell and resulted in 'late' period Wittgenstein?

Why are STEMfags so desperate to be pseuds, I will never understand this

Attached: 00003428.jpg (300x412, 21K)

Question: Why do you guys design terrible suburban homes here in America? Every custom built home looks like a 5-year old designed it. Asymmetrical, cheap shit all over it, different windows everywhere, nothing matches, etc.

Also
>bragging about being worked to death
That's not a good thing. You guys should be paid $200k a year for the amount of shit you go through. I make more than 98% of STEMfags without any schooling, and all I do is boss around Mexicans for the most part. Sad state of affairs in this country.

> Durr Wittgenstein had hobbies that he knew were frivolous but pursued out of boredom
> Therefore, architecture is equal to Math
Fuck you user

What you're describing are things designed and built by contractors, to be as cheap as possible. Architects are rarely if ever involved in projects like that. Contractors are basically engineers who didn't go to college, same midnset. will it stand up? is it as cheap as possible? great. Architects are people who have any concern beyond those two concerns. Don't mistake our work for contractors' work, please. Pic related, it's the other house Wittgenstein designed and built.

Attached: 30713865_10155703785818871_7160481352324089649_n.jpg (718x960, 115K)

>Wittgenstein changed his listing in the local phonebook to Ludwig Wittgenstein, Architect while working on this house, it entirely consumed his life, he realized while building it that the issue of phenomenal language was an insurmountable metaphysical problem because of his work in architecture specifically, he went so hard he spooked Adolf Loos, Engelmann washed his hands of the entire affair and apologized to Margaret Stonborough, and once the whole opera was done Ludwig's philosophical outlook was irrevocably changed.
>it was just a frivolous hobby
Fuck me, right nerd? No but please tell me about all the brilliant patrician topologists who talk about donuts and the positive curvature of a slice of pizza on youtube. Please. Faggot

Majored in pure math. My hatred of the engineers in my classes was only surpassed by my hatred of the math education students. Engineers are the bugmen of STEM and math education are normie brainlets. Nigger stop bitching about this generic PDE problem set for which you will probably find solutions on the internet, if not for these specific problems then for a very comparable set so that all you need to do is change some numbers and you've got it. Meanwhile my abstract algebra professor is an expert in group theory who takes sadistic pleasure in peppering the problem sets with questions asking you to prove obscure lemmas about group representations or group actions or fuck knows what else. Likewise in topology or analysis or any other big boy class. Not to mention that the students aiming to be the future math teachers are the biggest morons in the class, entirely ill-suited to fostering an appreciation for or understanding of the subject in their students. They will instruct, if not with their words but via the state-mandated curricula and inability to see the forest for the trees, their students to see math as a bland, uninspired exercise in regurgitating formulae to get good boy points on their exams. In doing so, only the most vapid, uncreative and soulless bugmen will wish to continue with the subject, thereby prolonging the ponzi scheme that is math education in god foresaken burgerland.

Fuck engineers, fuck math education majors, fuck niggers.

>now

>Wittgenstein changed his listing in the local phonebook to Ludwig Wittgenstein, Architect while working on this house
Clearly it was a joke, you fucking autist. Nobody remembers Wittgenstein other than being a Philosopher who was a mathematician too. Retard

>Architects are incapable of designing anything that lasts
Are all mathfags this myopic and stupid?

Attached: 506215002_orig.jpg (789x1125, 35K)

>if not for these specific problems then for a very comparable set so that all you need to do is change some numbers and you've got i
And even that is too much for them. They're retarded

>a Philosopher who was a mathematician
He wasn't even a mathematician. He was an aerospace engineer.

>What you're describing are things designed and built by contractors, to be as cheap as possible.
Most of the time, yeah. However, I've worked on homes built by architectural firms who pride themselves on design and they still look like garbled shit. I did work on a large public school a year ago and the head architect was present overseeing things every other day. Regardless, it looked like shit. I've yet to see a truly great piece of architecture during my years of work. It's like the art is extinct. It's not even a question of expense, because these guys shit out multi-million dollar homes and buildings that look like garbage. It's not like it costs a fortune to make things a bit more symmetrical and avoid having rectangular windows interfering with round ones.

>>Architects are incapable of designing anything that lasts
Durrr. That was clearly an artistic endeavor not some frivolous architect. Stop with the shameless self-promotion of your worthless vocation

> Ludwig Josef Johann Wittgenstein (/ˈvJtɡənʃtaJn, -staJn/;[13] German: [ˈluːtvJç ˈvJtgənˌʃtaJn]; 26 April 1889 – 29 April 1951) was an Austrian philosopher who worked primarily in logic, the philosophy of mathematics, the philosophy of mind, and the philosophy of language.[14]

retard

>gender studies

Attached: s.jpg (600x603, 40K)

I realize you're trying to re-frame your retardeation as baiting at this point but you're not getting off that easily. The fact that you're wholly ignorant of the single most important cultural pursuit of any developed nation, ever, and are so ill-read on one of the most influential philosophers of the last century to be aware of the myriad books and papers published specifically on the subject of the world-famous Wittgenstein Haus and its position as the fulcrum around which Wittgenstein's outlook was leveraged into entirely new territory is just a personal indictment of yourself, mathfag. It means you should stop posting on /lit/ and go read. Or get back to jerking off in

No, a business degree does not have a higher workload than an engineering degree, and it’s not even in the same league conceptually. This is just one of these dumbfuck contrarian things you only see online, I’m literally in college right now and it’s laughable that anyone would say such a stupid thing.

> Haus Wittgenstein, (also known as the Stonborough House and the Wittgenstein House) is a house in the modernist style on the Kundmanngasse, Vienna, Austria. The house was commissioned by Margaret Stonborough-Wittgenstein, who asked the architect Paul Engelmann to design a townhouse for her. Stonborough-Wittgenstein invited her brother, the philosopher Ludwig Wittgenstein, to help with the design.

You're literally retarded user. Nobodies trolling except you. Designing your own house doesn't supersede other vocational endeavors like writing PI. You're clearly a retard. If you mowed your lawn are you a lawn mower? And even if you were that wouldn't supersede your more important accomplishments.

>who is apollodorus of damascus
>who is iktinos
>who were cersiphron and metagenes
>who was vitruvius
>who was palladio
>who was semper
>who was wren
>who was brunelleschi
>who was bernini
>who was borromini
>who was michelangelo
>what did all of these people have in common
I cannot believe anyone on a literature board is this poorly educated
We will really quickly be into territory where i have to make long-winded explanatory posts about the issues with (((modernism))) and modern education, but before you drag me kicking and screaming into effortposting, the simple answer is that most people are stupid, and so most architects are also stupid. The difference between the person you're describing and Leon or Rob Krier is the same as the difference between your local film-school dropout whose black and white lesbianic short film was rejected from the local film festival and (insert good filmmaker here).

>>who is apollodorus of damascus
>>who is iktinos
>>who were cersiphron and metagenes
>>who was vitruvius
>>who was palladio
>>who was semper
>>who was wren
>>who was brunelleschi
>>who was bernini
>>who was borromini
>>who was michelangelo
>>what did all of these people have in common
>I cannot believe anyone on a literature board is
Artists not fucking architects you moron

Well, the clients might be the problem there. Out of curiosity, who's your favorite architect?

Read further down the wikipedia page you birdbrain. Not saying he wasn't a philosopher, but that he was an aerospace engineer before that, not a mathematician.

You know I shouldn't really be trolling here, because I'm actually planning on getting a masters in engineering.

@14131383
Alright I think I've taken enough of your low effort bait. No more (you)s. As I said, Wittgenstein went to work on the house and within weekd Engelmann entirely recused himself from the process and all he did was stamp Wittgenstein's drawings months and months later while Ludwig was doing CA and running those poor bastards around like a freakshow. It's cute that you went to the wikipedia article but now order yourself a copy of Leitner's second edition and get back to me once you're internalized all the aphorisms and pull your head out of your ass. I won't hold out much hope though, Because if you don't snap your neck doing so, you'll still be topologically the same gay retard.

Attached: Ew+emotive+frog+bad+but+disturbed+fetish+is+good+must+_bc35fa99d0d2d1cf36494d289e4436c0.jpg (1200x1000, 250K)

No idea. I just like symmetrical buildings. I hate seeing McMansions, they ruin my day.

Good architects seem to be extremely rare then. Well, I guess it depends what good architecture is. A lot of people will find this to be good architecture, but it just makes me want to kms.

Attached: aiu_art-gallery-of-alberta-gran.jpg (400x299, 83K)

Maybe we should define what tasks constitute a workload. I have a BA in English, have done plenty of graduate work, and worked at a university writing center, so if writing properly constitutes a task, I can say I've had quite a large workload (never mind the reading) in terms of pages produced, one far greater—I suspect—than students outside the department (excepting possibly history students). However, writing is hardly the only thing students get up to, so how do we compare workloads systematically?

Leon Krier, and Rob Krier are the greatest living architects. Please stop posting deconstructivist drivel, I had to look at enough of that bullshit when I was in grad school. If you want a good starting point get your hands aon a 1985 edition of the Speer Monograph and read Krier's unabridged essay Architecture of Desire. They reissued it in 2012 and abridged parts of it without an editor's note.

Attached: 7d179701ff4a25592351dfa7c25743d3.jpg (400x475, 66K)

Thanks. I might be building a house for myself in the next few years, nothing big. I'd like to not build a small McMansion though. Do you know any resources that could help me out? Any favorite house styles?

Homework, how many concepts you need to learn within a given week to stay afloat, how much you actively need to think during these tasks, with what level of veracity you need to know a new idea etc. just writing reports is generally considered the easiest, most tedious part of any engineering program.

Pure math and theoretical physics is the analytic philosophy of STEM. They work in safe little guarded nursery schools for ideas like a bunch of fat whiny bossy babies who demand everyone respect them. Congrats on pushing symbols around on a page like it is a toy train set, autists.

>Please stop posting deconstructivist drivel
>essay Architecture of Desire

Hey man that's great news. I am about to start doing the same. Depends on what you want, I'm building myself an A-Frame cabin /innawoods/ so I can marry the gf and start a family somewhere good. If what you want is purely practical book learning I won't be much help to you. I mostly deal with the history of architecture and all of my practical know-how is just experience and personal connections. Insofar as style is concerned I would try and stay away from it as a way of reading architecture. Build something that is in line with the traditional construction methodology of wherever you are in the world. That's why I am going with an A-Frame, they make a lot of sense where I am. Notice the cabin Wittgers built for himself in Skjolden is trad as fuck too. It's hard to go wrong there. Adolfo Natalini has a practice in the Netherlands I think that focuses on this exclusively. Maybe check out his later work (after Superstudio). Also Rob Krier has a great book called On My Profession that talkes about the elements of all great architecture. Useful.

That is probably the single most anti-modern works of prose ever produced by an architect, which was so effectively hostile to the deconstructivists the press abridged it in a second addition with no editor's note. What are you even trying to say beyond "I haven't read that"

Right, and while some of what you bring up sounds more like conceptual difficulty than workload, I don't disagree that these things are all factors we'd need to understand to produce a graph with more fidelity. Incidentally, those engineering reports always struck me as tedious (as a reader), but I've also never read a good one (in terms of clarity and fluency). I just figured the instructors didn't care if they were terribly written anymore than the students did.

I'll bet my left nut the dude who made this is an undergrad computer science major who hasn't read any history since has 10th grade shitty American textbook. In order to have a proper understanding of history you you have to have a proper understanding of everything that constitutes human civilization, it's literally just the study of humans in the past. History is philosophy, architecture, art, literature, science, engineering, economics, psychology, sociology, politics, ect, something you understand you actually study the subject. There's a reason modern historians are so specialized, the alternative will drive you insane with information overload. Anything objective (non experimental stem(99% of them)) is absolutely not conceptually difficult to anyone with a barely above average IQ. You are a hammer who thinks himself the carpenter. Insects

>DUDE I WAS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED

>History is philosophy, architecture, art, literature, science, engineering, economics, psychology, sociology, politics, ect, something you understand you actually study the subject.
Cope. The most that history goes into engineering or math is "these guys discovered the number zero" or "these guys made the wheel." You don't actually do any math. Nice bait.

I'm not the best at math, I don't want to advance the world's technology, I'm decent at English, I want a job that's important to the world.
What career should I follow?

Prostitution

>I don't want to advance the world's technology
yo based & tedpilled

Gay porn

Attached: 1560586280588.jpg (1022x578, 92K)

Ahhh Phil, the most conceptually difficult person to understand.

Gender studies belongs all the way down and to the left.

You haven't actually studied history and it's obvious to everyone by your post. Dumb nigger who walked three feet into the water and deemed the whole ocean the same depth. You very clearly are a retard who thinks your American high school education is a proper indicator of what constitutes a subject. The same reason why every idiot(you) feels the need to have an opinion on history whether or not he has any actual knowledge in it is exactly why the subject is so widespread. if you are human who participates in human society you and everything you do are part of history and will be studied by historians. The development of mathematical and engineering knowledge requires a proper understanding of engineering and mathematics, exactly why an art historian has to have proper amount of knowledge on art in the production of it. You are still trapped in the retard mindset of history being a series of dates and events from your middle-aged fourth grade teacher