Can you name any other shows whose first season was their best?

Can you name any other shows whose first season was their best?

Rick and Morty

Prison Break
Tour of Duty

narrow it down to anything before "raising gazoorpazoorp" and it's spot on

Game of Thrones
LOST

Rome
Dexter

Banshee
Strikeback
The knick

true detective
twin peaks

Daredevil

Spartacus

band of brothers

Season 5 was the best senpai.

Hunters arc was great, the Beth storyline was kind of boring but at least gave us badass shit like Rick killing a cop, and the second half where they get to Alexandria and struggle to adjust to normal society after all the horrors they've been through was kino.

For shows that have a lot of seasons? I think Homeland had a fantastic first season. Homeland's had a lot of great moments since then but that first season, watching week to week, was like nothing else.

Listing a show that's only had 2 seasons isn't really meaningful.

Orphan Black

>implying season 4 of Dexter wasn't kino

It sucks. Rewatch it again. The only good thing is John Lithgow. You can see the seeds being planted for the terrible things that plague the show in later seasons, such as meandering pointless B plots and side characters alongside bad writing. It's just that the villain was so good that you've forgotten all that was bad about the season. Not that it's trash mind you, especially compared to the later seasons, but S1 and S2 are definitely better overall.

House?

True Detective

Heroes

12 monkeys. Family guy.

Firefly

Community

It would be quicker naming a show that didn't get worse after its first season.

Star Trek TNG

SoA and GoT both

Love

Glee

The Wire
The Sopranos
Mad Men
Breaking Bad

I don't see what's wrong with The Knick's season two.
Elaborate.

>Breaking Bad

Arrested Development

Season 1 of TWD is overrated as fuck. It has one good episode, the first one, and the rest isn't all that great.

Season 2 is better overall, yes, it is. Fight me.

5>4>2>6>1>3>>>>Maybe is season 1 was a full season of 16 episodes, it would be rated higher, but it's only 6 episodes to judge, and only 1 of them is an outstanding episode. Maybe some people could make the case for the CDC episode, but I didn't even like that one either.

Yeah the second season of BB is the best, followed by the third.

American Horror Story

Lost

All of these are true.

Season 5 of 24 is GOAT, season 1 doesn't hold a candle to some of the later seasons.

Season 1 of breaking bad is far from the best, this is just a contrarian opinion, the later seasons are objectively better. Maybe you could make the case for it being better than season 2 though.

Season 1 is great, but I'm more partial to season 3, so many great episodes and the show was really hitting its stride here, aside from 1 or 2 bad episodes. It has the best finale too.

Hannibal
True Blood
New Girl
Twin Peaks
Prison Break
Orphan Black

Mizumono alone makes the second season the best

House of Cards

Season One was one of the best I've ever seen.

Season Two was alright.

Completely lost interest once he became President.

Battlestar Galactica

I really didn't expect so many right answers in this thread, goddamn.

Always Sunny

Prison Break (1>2>4>3, 3 was fun)
House of Cards

The first season of the walking dead was actually pretty bad compared to some of the later seasons. most people only remember season 1 for episode 1 and nothing else.

ITT: People who have not seen The Wire, Mad Men or The Sopranos.

This was some obvious bait boyos. Go watch some good TV.