Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm on episode 11.

>you will never rape young girls and then they kill themselves

why even live?

Nothing pearsunl

*licks dead pusy*

Why didn't she tell her parents she was feeling suicidal?

I dindu nuffin.

based pusy poster!

I haven't watched this show but is it really about children killing themselves for ridiculous reasons like "slut shaming" or "being a fag"?

*turns 360 degrees and walks past corpse*

Yes.

>Yes.
Dropped.

Well, there are other reasons.

You should read the book

Well she gets raped.

>Her friend was kind of a bitch because she thought she slept with her boyfriend and slapped her
>Hannah literally watched as her friend got raped and did -nothing- to even try to stop it
>somehow her friend is the bad person here

Why are you twenty-something white men watching a show for moody teenage girls?

i'm 19

About 12 more.

girls who are raped are less likely to kill themselves if the rapist is not in their family. some little girls get very lonely and it helps them to have an adult companion to help them grow up.

She kills herself for 13 reasons, but doesn't kill herself because of the first 11. They were just stones on the bridge that added to the weight. 12 is the actual reason she killed herself. 13 is where she tried to get help, and even told someone about 12, but didn't get any help for her effort. So she killed herself. She technically planned to kill herself after 12, and prepared the tapes, but decided to try and get help, only to run into reason to kill herself number 13.

Her reasons:

1. Went out with a boy who took a panty shot of her (she didn't realize he did), who showed it to an asshole friend who then sent it all around the school.
2. She finds friends. Those friends start dating and stop hanging out with her. Presumably because they think she might be jealous. When the boy breaks up with the girl, the girl blames the her for the break up and slaps her. She loses both friends.
3. A list is being passed around the school. The boy from reason 2 lists her ass as the best ass in the school.
4. A guy stalks her, takes photos of her, and one of them gets spread around. The picture in question is of her and another girl (asian) kissing.
5. The asian girl she kissed slanders and smears her, the asian girl tries to distance herself from the whole thing because she doesn't want people to know she's a lesbian so throws her under the social bus.
6. Guy gets her to go out with him, brings his friends with him, humiliates her in front of them and tries to get her to sleep with him while being fairly physical about it.
7. One of the guys reason number 6 brought with him feels bad. Comes back in and tries to be nice. Comes around another day still trying to be nice. She snaps at him and blows him off as another one of, "those" guys and does it publicly so everyone sees her humiliate him. Later in a class where they have paper bags for each student in class, in which nice things are supposed to be put (pictures, letters, etc) she is receiving drawings of bunnies. He steals the bunny pictures two different times. She catches him. She writes him a letter explaining how that makes her feel. He stops. She thinks he crumbles up her letter. It turns out he actually never crumbled it up, but kept it the entire time. It doesn't appear she ever realized this.

8. Guy that runs the school paper gets her into poetry. She writes a bunch and even reads a few aloud in front of people. He thinks she should put one in the school newspaper. She doesn't want to. So he puts one in for her, without her name attached. She finds out by people mocking the poem in class. A teacher in their English class dissects the poem with the class. She gets mad at the newspaper guy and refuses to have anything further to do with him.
9. The guy from number 1 is dating the girl from number 2. They're at a party. Through circumstances she ends up in the room where girl 2 and guy 1 are making out but they don't notice her. Girl 2 and guy 1 are drunk. Guy 1 doesn't rape her, but goes outside. Guy 1's sees and wants a go at the girl. Guy 1 refuses but his friends pushes him away, goes in the room and rapes girl 2 while she's unconscious. Eventual suicide girl witnesses the entire thing but does nothing and tells no one.
10. At the same party suicide girl is now drunk after seeing what she saw.A girl drives her home. The girl hits a stop sign. Suicide girl wants to call the police to tell them about the sign being knocked down. Driver girl won't, and drives off. Suicide girl runs to a local gas station to call the police, but they tell her they already got the call about the accident. It turns out two cars collided at the fallen stop sign but the cops think the sign was knocked down in the two car accident. She doesn't tell the cops otherwise.
11. The guy the story is told from the perspective of. Turns out, he didn't do anything wrong. She just thinks he should have stayed when she repeatedly told him to leave her alone early at the party so she wouldn't have experienced reasons 9 or 10. She admits he wasn't at fault, so technically she is reason 11 for telling him to leave her alone.
12. She gets raped by the guy that raped girl 2 at another party.
13. She goes to a councilor for help, and doesn't get the help she wants.

>Wah wah im going to kill myself because I have bad taste in men,

No she doesn't.

she wasnt going out with any but one of the guys
the guy that raped her she avoided like the plague even before he raped her because hed grabbed her ass at a gas station store earlier in the series

she only goes out with two guys. the one that took the pick and the one that tries to show off to his buddies.

the guy from 11 does technically ask her out but as pointed out, he doesnt do anything bad to her. he was nice. she fucked that one up.

like or dislike the series but the majority of her reasons have nothing to do with who she dates/her taste in men

What a fucking morally repugnant, disgusting concept. People actually empathize with someone who would list shit like number 7 and number 8 as reasons to kill themselves and blame completely innocent people? Fucking disgusting.

She literally does though.

The guy in 7 was completely innocent. The guy hearing the tapes realizes that she got it wrong and the guy in 7 just didn't know how to handle someone so emotional. The guy in 8 basically uses her poem exposing her feelings to the entire school just to make his newspaper look good. She doesn't feel like she can't trust anyone after those two.

>watched episode 1 so I can meme with you guys
>It's actually pretty good and got me hooked

Yeah, I forgot to mention the guy in 7 is, in the series at least, Asian, with an Asian mother that pushes him very, very hard toward popularity and success. He seems nice most times, but he clearly doesn't know how to handle his, or anyone else's emotions well. He's a bit repressed, a mama's boy. He does what he's told usually, it seems, and comes off as, despite being popular (due to good looks and sports), naive, almost.

You meet his mother later on, and it's clear that she usually handles anything that goes wrong in his life.

So, yeah, I don't think he had any idea how to handle someone so emotional, not just the girl, but his own emotions as well. I think it's why his stole the drawings out of her bag. It's very petty, the sort of thing a small child would do, and about as innocent. He even stops the instant she writes him the later, and keeps her letter long term. Before her suicide, and after.

Gives you the impression he genuinely cared, but handled her snapping at him badly because he wasn't good at dealing with emotions at a base, not just hers. You don't tend to see him with any girl throughout, despite that he doesn't come off as gay. Makes me think he wasn't too good at handling girls as a general, despite being popular and good looking.

When they're asked to go on record later, he tells the truth. One of the few that don't opt out or lie to some extent. He tells the whole truth, and honestly thinks he did something wrong, even though he probably did the least next to the main male character we see the entire series through.

It's this character that makes me wonder if the writer was well aware that the suicidal girl may have been the core issue of her issues.

From what it sounds like, guy liked her poetry and put it in his paper without her name attached because he thought it was good? Sounds like it could of gone the other way and everyone would have liked it? I honestly just don't get how someone could take such a simple act and point a finger in someone's face and say YOU caused me to kill myself. It's disgusting.

>From what it sounds like, guy liked her poetry and put it in his paper without her name attached because he thought it was good?
Yes, but he was also mostly motivated by just getting his shitty paper popular, and it was a personal poem.

Even though it was Anonymous it was literally a picture of the paper she wrote it on, so some students could recognize her handwriting, and the poem was pretty personal.

Was a genuinely shitty thing to do and when she confronted him about it he was a complete tool about it.

I think her angst was more that she asked him not to, combined with how people reacted. I get that she might be miffed that her put it in, but writing him off entirely seemed over the top on its own. So, okay, people made fun of it, and that completes her issue right? But how badly people made fun of it, to the extent, the amount of people? It seemed out of this world.

I can't compare that to any experience I had in highschool, and we had a school paper. No one read the thing. They'd tap it to the bathroom stalls they were so desperate for people to read it (this is after they gave up selling the thing), and no one would. So I find it hard to believe anyone read the thing, let alone cared about anything written in it.

Fair enough. I haven't seen it so I was just making assumptions.

Felt bad he had his tires slashed.

Was that in the book? In the series Clay just keys his car. Kid's rich, and his parents are rich. He didn't even seem to care about his car being keyed, so much that he cared his Mom had drug him over there because she (rightly) decided Clay did it. I mean, he's a teenager, so of course his Mom is more embarrassing than anything, and that outweighs any other issues.

I liked how he handled it. One of the few instances where I felt like Clay was in the wrong.

>girl kills herself for attention and to get revenge on all the people she blames for her shitty life
>it works

great moral

I feel like Hannah was a bit too revered in the show desu.

The way she just watched her friend get raped and did nothing to try to stop it was worse and more disgusting than what 90% of the people in the tapes did.

>We should be considerate of people
>push photo kid to depression

Kino

photo kid was a weird stalker fuck 2bh

He fucks a girl in the hot tub

None of this justifies suicide, this show is fucking dumb

I didn't come away thinking she was in the right. You find out several things that show she was wrong about certain issues, and that she made some legitimately bad decisions. A lot could have been avoided by just talking to her parents, going to the police herself about the stop sign and her rape right away and stuff like that. She just watched her friend (ex-friend at that point I guess, but still) never sat right with me.

It's also clear that certain characters like Justin weren't nearly as straight forward as it was seen from her perspective. Justin's friend sent out the picture, not justin. Justic didn't rape the girl, and didn't report his friend because the friend was his only shelter from a very, very abusive home, physically so, and he was afraid to lose his only safe haven from a mother that let hey boyfriend slam her son into the wall, choke him and threaten his life. Fucking horrific. No wonder he was afraid to report his friend.

The ending scenes of the kid having a trunk full of guns, and putting up pictures of people he planned to shoot (took down Alex's picture) made me think he was way past depression.

Well we saw them leave the hot tub together. You're probably right though, I retract that bit, but not the rest. Seems I didn't remember that detail.

The only actually horrible thing that happened to her was the rape; everything else was melodrama.

I cannot tell sometimes if we're even supposed to like her. Hannah was a narcasisst - everything was "me me me" - she completely ignored other people's feelings and only saw the things that hurt her.

Shit show overall

Gay twink spic best guy

Tony had all the good moments. And you're right, I think that's why we had it filtered through Clay. Socially awkward, didn't respond to things like a normal person would in many cases. He didn't actually do anything, and she admits it on tape, but still had him as one of the people they should be sent to, without foreknowledge that he did nothing wrong. He very easily could have killed himself over it, or gotten hurt.

It was downright abuse to Clay, putting him through that. Made it very hard to sympathize with her in any real way. It didn't make me like the asshole that raped her, he was still a rapist that needed to go to jail, but I couldn't feel sad for her by that point either. By the time she killed herself, I disliked her almost as much as the rapist, simply because it was becoming apparent that a lot of people had been hurt, more could be hurt, because of her suicide and the tapes.

Worse still, it's hinting that the peeping tom was going to shoot up the school, and was planning out his targets. So, no matter how indirect, her actions pushed this character toward shooting up the school. People are going to die. Because of her tapes, because she encouraged people to look in his window. You can make the argument that she didn't tell them to pick on the peeping tom, but, what did she think was going to happen? The lack of thought, and caring, about how actions and words effect others, that she accused others of? She was every bit as guilty of that in this instance, and the people in this setting are going to suffer for it. Some of them, apparently, are going to die.

It's entirely possible the car ride at the end is the car right to the day the school gets shot up. You know, that happy car ride note they ended the series on? Yeah.

>You can make the argument that she didn't tell them to pick on the peeping tom, but, what did she think was going to happen?
She told them to throw a rock through his window.

Lost all sympathy for her when she let that girl get raped 2bh.

If she didn't want it she wouldn't go to the dudes house and undress for him. She is however accomplice to actual rape seeing as she witnesses one and ignores it.

When did she undress for him? She got in the hot tub with her friend and several people she knew that didn't set off her creep alarms. She stripped down to her underwear to get in the water because everyone in the tub had. The guy that raped her came after everyone but her had left the hot tub. She tried to get out the moment she saw him getting in and he grabbed her.

She never should have gone to the creep's house, however. That's all on her. She already knew he was bad news.

She didn't undress for him, she undressed to get into the tub when he wasn't even there. Though going to his party was pretty dumb.

Still, she was literally crying and trying to crawl out of the tub while he physically held her down and had sex with her. It was rape on every level, and you rationalizing it is a little creepy.

>She is however accomplice to actual rape seeing as she witnesses one and ignores it.

Not really. People (and the police actually) are under no obligation to stop a crime in progress.

>Girl: I think you're afraid
>Girl: I think you're waiting
>Boy: Well sometimes it's better to wait
>Girl: Pardon me but you really hurt my feelings *storms off*

Zzzzz...already can't stand this bitch. Maybe stop trying to ridicule someone trying to eat lunch and do their homework when you just had lewd pictures circulated around the school because you date people on "handsomeness" and pay no attention to moral character. What a joke.

Yes they are.

>I have not watched the show at all: The Post

I support you and your common sense user

In most states the government and police owe no legal duty to protect individual citizens from criminal attack. The District of Columbia’s highest court spelled out plainly the “fundamental principle that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen.”

It has been established in the courts that no citizen is entitled to police protection from any specific hazard. Otherwise, every crime victim would be able to collect damages when the police failed to protect them from being victimized.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia

The moment she chose to let the other girl's rape happen and ignore it it was karmic justice when it happened to her.

Cool you dug up deep state self-preservation laws that financially cover their asses. You're still wrong. Move to chiinkland or niggerville if you want to live with a moral vacant community.

>You're still wrong.

LOL, stay mad, bra. ;)

What's wrong with #3? She should be proud of that one.

This girl as an awful person to the lead guy. I was really socially awkward in high school too, but I would've distanced myself from such a narcissistic whore ASAP.
This show gets me fucking mad like no other.

>Gf starts watching this show as estrogen candy
>Stops after every episode so she can come rant about how retarded it is before returning to get her melodrama fix
>Manage to piece together the plot from her bitching
This show seems to have a vague, but wildly irresponsible message about suicide. Stupid, hormonal teens might actually kill themselves because of this show. It both lowers the bar for what warrants suicidal thoughts and somehow still sets ignorant standards for what dramatic fiascos are needed to cause suicidal depression.

Most of these "reasons" are stupid.
She should've made them pay, if she really was this fucking butthurt. I'm also sorry to say, but associating with trash people will get you in trouble.
And offing yourself is never going to solve anything. Anything. All she did was ruin her parents', and to some extent, Clay's lives. Am I supposed to fell for her? I feel for Clay, if anyone. Dude was seriously disturbed by her shitty, whiny tapes. She also managed to piss off half the school with her accusations, and painted targets onto people. Well done, you fucking genius. You just made the whole situation way worse.
The only thing that makes this show believable is that she's a teenager.

What the fuck does being white has anything to do with that you feral nigger ?
Go back to redd!t to social justice faggot

Women don't actually suffer suicidal depression, unless they're drugged up on meds that have the side affect to force it unto them. Suicide is a sickness of men. This show is a fart in the wind on the issue.

That's a bit harsh, though I will agree it was undeniably fucked up and made her worse than pretty much every person on those tapes aside from the rapist.

>CLAY LMAO HAVE U LISTENED TO UR TAPES?
>U KILLED HANNAH BAKER

>the worst thing he did was leave the room when she screamed at him in tears demanding he leave and that she didn't want to see him

????

> I cannot tell sometimes if we're even supposed to like her.
Don't you remember highschool user ? Hannah is the perfect highschool waifu, the one with a beautiful face from which you would wipe tears after a party and too much drinking. Holding her and telling her everything's gonna be ok
If only clay wasn't such a pussy he could have prevented that

Yeah asian guy is innocent and an all around good dude.
But what's even more fucked is that the best character apart from what he did is clearly Bryce.
The guy is succesful, he care for his friends, he provide good banter fairly and not in a cruel way.
Just look at the time he fucked up clay on his home floor and gave him a drink and a pack of ice instead of getting his ass out.
Bryce was the kind of though but fair but he is the grand vilain of the story.
It's really bad when the best guy from your serie is actually the vilain
And don't talk me about token gay spic "you should listen to the tapes clay" he serves nothing in this story

11 out of her 13 reasons are not even remotely traumatic things that probably happen to every other pretty teenage girl.
The two rapes are dark stuff, but it's still not something anyone should kill herself over. Especially since she had the beta male lead to fall back onto.

>Rapes two girls
>A good guy

Is this bait? He had good attributes but he did terrible shit

>Yeah asian guy is innocent and an all around good dude.
i mean what he did was kind of douchey but not that bad in the scope of things

and that was literally the point. He was supposed to be charismatic and likable despite the fact that he was a total piece of shit beneath it all. And I mean

>aside from being a serial rapist he was a really cool dude
???

>cares for his friends
>rapes their gf
t. cuck

How was the asian guy a bad guy?

This is meant to show you how selfish suicide is.

>the best character is the rapist
no user.

Pic related is the real best character.

Did you even read what I put out you stupid bitch ?
Of course he is the worst cause he raped two people. But it's totally out of character.
Aside from rape we only get "good" interaction with him.
Do you really think someones who isn't above raping his girls' friend would offer a pack of weed to the social outcast of school ?
He even bring up the 420 code. This is consistent with the character who is seen regularly upholding moral code of conduct throughout the serie.
They fucked up

>guy puts her on a list for having a nice bum
>another guy rapes her
>guy who puts her on the list tries to protect the rapist
>guy who puts her on the list tries to kill himself
>for putting her on a list

also

>LOL CLAY STOP THREATENING EVERYBODY, YOU HAVEN'T EVEN HEARD ALL THE TAPES YET - YOURS IS THE WORST ONE.
>Clay you don't belong on these tapes
>Clay gets baited as fuck
>not just listening to them all in one sitting and then going to the police with them

who the fuck wrote this shit

Jeff (the jock with the earrings the male lead tutors occasionally) is the unsung hero of this whole series AND the only likeable character to boot

I was talking about Bryce past the 1st sentence, sorry.

that was literally the entire point you fuck

he was charismatic, successful and likable on the surface but a complete piece of shit underneath

Doesn't matter
>"''Good"'' people cant do bad things

I'm gonna have to disagree with this. I'd defend the Asian guy on several points, I think his actions speak for themselves, but Bryce?

Nope.

Bryce raped two girls, he even used his supposed friend to rape one of them. God knows if he'd done more. His other actions are pure defense and manipulate, grade A narcissist that builds a mask, making all the right moves, saying the right things, and only occasionally revealing what a monster you actually are. Making people have to rely on you so you can take advantage of them.

This is the sort of thing Bryce was. It's what he did to Justin. It's what he did to those girls, and it's likely the sort of thing he did to many others. Manipulating people, using them, always trying to seem like a good guy, and occasionally doing truly horrible things. Like raping two girls. He barely qualifies as a human being, just some . . . thing that tries to pass as one.

> The 1 dimensional character who is here just to advance the plot and be the sacrificial lamb for easy quick sentimental point is the best character
He is not a character. At this point he is purely a narrative device. He also did a shit job, he could have branched them two way earlier.

What i mean is that him raping two people is something he wouldn't have done if he was a real guy and not a fabricated show monster. Rape is out of place for him. They paint him during 10 épisode as one sarky but fair Jock aware of the social machinery at works but nonetheless he still respected the unique value of life.
He was aware of his statut of leader and the sacrifice he would have to make
He valued friendship and giving unconditionnaly
He uphelded many code, we can cite the 420 code of conduct as an example.
He was meant to reign and he did without abusing his power.
But they wanted a "mindfuck" vilain so they took the best Jock to make him the archnemesis of the show so nobody would have guessed it was him

Honestly before the rape he did nothing wrong except pinch Hannah ass, which striked me as out of character

Learn 2 read faggot. Or see comment above.

>They paint him during 10 épisode as one sarky but fair Jock aware of the social machinery at works but nonetheless he still respected the unique value of life.
I'm pretty sure the first thing we see him do is send her upskirt pictures to the whole school.

No.
Or they do it with sensible reason or they are the product of a deep and perverted trauma and they'll meltdown and ask for forgivness when confronted about what shit they did.

Like I said he respected moral code of conduct. Seduction is one of them. Of course many men could rape any women they would want and fuck them right in the ass but we don't because we respect the rules of conduct.

People who transgress them do not uphold any one of them or just in social situation when people are looking up to them. When talking with the social outcast they are the most likely to diresgard these rules because their reputation would not be affected by it.
But as I said even when alone with clay he acknowledged this rules and respected them. Which clearly puts the value of rules and society aboves his own person.

A similar analysis can be found in the raping of his girls' friend. If we saw him guilt trypping justing into doing thing for him becaused he housed him we could have believed he would rape her girls. But no never. Justin crashed three day at his place smoking his weed and he did not ask one thing in return. Throughout the serie we can't see him asking for anything to anybody in fact Justin even confirm that when he said "he would pretend he had two pair of shoes just to give me one"
Here we can value selflessness and general love toward his peers. There is no CHANCE in hell that he would have rape justin's girl
And don't forget how he reacted when Justin called him a rapist. He fucking called justin and said "I love you man". A real rapist would have attempted some psychological coertion like "with everything I did for you that's how you repay me ?"
" Who are the people going to believe ? Me the captain of the team or some lowlife son of meth dealer like yourself ?"

And thrid option would be that he had a deep seated psychological trauma that would make him act out strangely. But then he would have had a meltdown when clay confronted him

>can't formulate a decent sentence
>Blames others

Hannah?

Well yes of course, honestly people that are friend to each other do that everytime.
And you know if this was actual real life and not a stupid show Hannah WOULD have actualy learned something and the value your own image can reflect and maybe she would have closed the windows when she knew there was a stalker instead of kissing a half naked asian ugly bitch
Sending the picture was really nothing you just saw her panties. Big deal my man

>Well yes of course, honestly people that are friend to each other do that everytime.
You have some shitty friends m8

>Sending the picture was really nothing you just saw her panties. Big deal my man

I mean it wasn't as bad as raping a girl but it was a pretty shitty thing to do.

>highschool melodrama
>being angry
>reading about other people's suicides
>spic twinks
These are my guilty pleasures. Will I enjoy this show?

You have a very limited understanding of people

> can't understand basic logic
> pretends it's someone else's fault
Hi Hannah how's heaven like ?

actually yes

I'm an English major my man

There was absolutely nothing in your post that even suggested a tidbit of logical reasoning

100% yes if you enjoy that kind of thing.

>tfw people are still decades away from realizing that a kid doesn't kill themselves "because cyberbullying"
>they kill themselves because of abusive parents
>the kids bullied them because they projected weakness and weirdness because they had shitty parents.

>Well yes of course, honestly people that are friend to each other do that everytime.
The fuck? I'd lose my shit if one of my friends took my phone and did that.

Way higher than you my man.
I mean you are litteraly defending a 2d character out of a shitty show.
The writers don't care about a believable story, they just want a plot and people who advances said the plot
They fucked up the characterization.
So either you are a dumb 12 years old girls and you're mad I insulted your show, or you are a netflixshill or you are simply stupid

>I mean you are litteraly defending a 2d character out of a shitty show.
You're the one that can't even get the point of a very obvious character.

Why are you so angry? I'm not even the guy you were talking to; I don't even like this show. Your understanding of people is absolutely horrendous though, like an autistic kid's understanding