What are the best water bottles?

What are the best water bottles?

Attached: best-water-bottles.jpg (1200x674, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1YMZ3XLjHPk
amazon.com/gp/product/B07GXKMNP6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this a good thread

ones that work

I got a Nalgene water bottle back in 2015. I used it almost daily in New Mexico and Arizona for years to 2018. With our heat I never got weird plastic tastes, dropped it a ton of times and it never broke or leaked. I work in a warehouse, so it bangs around a lot and I always take it hiking or when I drive my motorcycle. Great water bottle. My motorcycle ran out of gas in 2018. So I used the water bottle to walk to a station 2 miles away and walked back. After that I replaced it with another. Nalgene will always be my go-to for both build and taste quality.

Attached: GUEST_bc60b430-0168-4550-b726-48e29f8e63e9.jpg (488x488, 28K)

Sounds like something worth looking into, I need something that's gonna last me a couple years and doesn't change the taste of my water. Have you ever used any non-plastic water bottles that you'd recommend?
Thank you!

I have a Lamose branded vacuum insulated stainless steel bottle I like. it has a small replaceable silicone seal on it, and other than that it's just metal

I have had a glass water bottle before and also an aluminum bottle. The glass one was fine for when I worked in a call center, but couldn't freeze water at risk of expanding and breaking the bottle. Glass tasted the best and was designed well enough to get ice in. Aluminum is good, never noticed a taste change. But the design had a small opening so getting ice in was hard. And I always found myself overfilling and spilling on myself because it's not translucent to see when water is at it's max. Also. Aluminum will stay cold longer than plastic. But will be insanely hot to drink in warmer weather opposes to plastic. I dont think you could go wrong with either material. Just beware cheap bargain plastic bottles. Those are the ones that'll mess with taste quality or break on you.

my steel bottle no longer has any identifying markings but its lasted 12 years. I bought it before it became an sjw fad so i think i spent maybe 5 bucks for it.

only issue with unpainted steel is that it has an odd smell when it gets hot.

Yes, on that. Even though I love my Nalgene I have been interested in a Hydroflask because of reviews. And then I've always wanted a Stanley Thermos for tea.

Hydroflask

/thread

anyone else considering just going back to plastic bottles to spite the Environmental Religious extremists? shits expensive but were all gonna die in 12 years anyway so why fuck around

i bought a hydroflask and have been using it daily for almost a year. been pretty fantastic. id recommend the sippy cup top if you are fine cleaning it. it helps avoid the metallic taste of the top part

basically anything vacuum insulated is fine

the metallic taste part comes from your body making contact with it and causing oxidation. if you don't put your lips on the metal portion you shouldn't be tasting it at all.

when you clean it do you use any acidic soaps?

I like the gatorade ones

because it looks like a gigantic pecker

used to hate Gatorade until i started diluting it with water. The majority of the people i know don't even realize its intended to be mixed with water and not drank straight.

>Aluminum will stay cold longer than plastic.
Perfect. Definitely going for one of those. Glass having the best test is a huge appeal, but I work in a kitchen and I'll probably be freezing my water to thaw out during peak service.
I don't do things to spite others, decisions should have purpose and that's just hollow as fuck.
>Amazon's #1 Best Seller for Water Bottles
Strongly considering.

aluminum gets brittle if you freeze things in it. Hence why drink cans fail. Also if you have trouble retaining water its occasionally because you drink it too cold. I can't stand cold water anymore after i got out of the military. I can only drink warm or room temp water

I'm not a fan of super sweet things. and if I buy something like Gatorade, or juice. I always Dilute with my Brita water pitcher when drinking both to tone down the sweetness and to make the most out of each container.

No it's not, you're retarded. The bottles you buy are intended to be drank as they are. If you're a queer, you can dilute it, but it's not meant to be

its meant to be diluted.

consider buying a water distiller instead of just water filters. I bought one for 400.00 on sale and the only maintenance is a yearly de-scaling solution. Makes about 3 gallons in an hour which is perfect for me

Wow! Since I bought my pitcher 3 years ago. I've only dropped maybe $80 altogether and use it daily. I think if maybe it wasn't just me in my apartment I could use something like that

i drink a fuck awful amount of water by myself. Also live in Texas in an area with not so good water and heat. Filters would go orange or completely scale up in 4-6 months. The only other place ive lived where it was worse was when i lived in Okinawa and you'd be pulling limescale chunks an inch thick out of your coffee machine if you weren't on it.

No kidding? I've heard Japan has incredibly clean water. I live in Phoenix. At work I drink about 64 oz of water daily with our Sparkletts water cooler. Then at home I'll kill another maybe 30oz of water with my little Brita pitcher. We're not known for good water here either. But it's interesting to think how bad it can actually get depending where you live.

yeah japan does but the Ryukyus are more country bumpkin than mainlanders care to admit. Its also an island surrounded by coral and that gets into it. Supposedly its why they can live into the 100's

OP here. I see a couple different water filtration methods being mentioned and that's got me curious about what everyone uses and why. I use pic related, I feel it tastes a lot cleaner compared to myold Brita.

Attached: 9244163_ra.jpg (460x500, 33K)

Interesting. That's pretty neat you got to experience that sort of thing yourself. I'm peanut butter and jealous.

i think zerowater just has a charcoal can that adds a flavor so it tastes cleaner without being any moreso than any other filter. When it comes to the gravity filters you have to keep in mind that theyre bottom of the run in filtration because the real deal requires pressure.

isn't plastic water bottles good for the environment? I mean the refillable kinds no the store multipack ones. One use ones are bad.

I've used the Brita Soho for 3 years. It's done a fine job for just me. Biggest caveat is after 2 glasses or refilling my water bottle once. You have to make a habit of adding more water. Which generally takes a moment to filter, then refill the reservoir so the pitcher is completely filled.

Attached: soho-3qtr-452x500.png (452x500, 221K)

whichever pollutes more and earns the scorn and hatred from the enviormental religious extremists

I agree with that. I refuse to buy single use bottled water. And haven't done so for like 5 years. Still, plastic is plastic. Glass and aluminum and steel can be recycled to a degree. I love Nalgene but no know that once I stop using mine, it's gonna be around for a long time in some landfill or ocean.

LOL

>holds 40oz
>clips onto shit
>based straw for aerodynamic drink
>sexy design to attract all the females
All other bottles are cucked

Attached: 90DD503A-DD93-42E9-8AB9-926653331DFD.jpg (1200x1200, 244K)

It's really funny how successful this water thread is.
It reminds me of this podcast where they talk about water. Give it a listen while you all lurk and refill your water filters.

youtu.be/1YMZ3XLjHPk

Attached: 14fbb27e46ff5a2f522c6348557978dd.jpg (720x1278, 110K)

>lots of nooks and crannies for them bacteria's

i want my bottle to give me plague

Integrated straws are too cumbersome to clean. Like I'm not a child that needs a sippy cup. I can drink from a bottle like a glass and not spill. It's not a practical design for someone that uses a water bottle all day almost every day.

its ubiquitous and if you don't like it you die. Anyone else have a camelback? shit takes weeks to season and lose the rubber taste

amazon.com/gp/product/B07GXKMNP6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the bottle I use. I end up using it so much that I should probably clean the nozzle I've been using to drink for the past month, but, whatever.

Good, stainless steel, keeps things cold, holds a lot of water. It's rare for me to ever get to the bottom without forcing myself to drink. it's pretty comfy.

Attached: 81tViAGSiPL._SX679_.jpg (679x679, 49K)

Back in 2017 I hiked the Grand Canyon to Yavasupai falls. Like 12 miles and 12 out. That was my first Camelback. I used water purifier tablets and cleaning tabs, rinsed and ran water through like 5 times prior to the trip. Idk if it was the exhaustion and general happiness to just have water. But I don't remember a rubber taste. I think they're practical but take work to maintain and keep clean.

as long as its not one of those "smart bottles" that reminds you to drink water. Humanity doesn't deserve its place on earth if it can't remember to drink water

>MOTIVATIONAL DESIGN – This Motivational Water Bottle Design is Available Here Only! You'll be inspired to want to drink more water with the encouraging "Every Day I'm Guzzlin' Reminder". Great fitness gift idea to encourage loved ones, so drink up and hydrate together!

no i mean the kind that have a phone ap and accelerometer that tells you to drink every 15 minutes

It looks cool and has good reviews. But as an water bottle enthusiast. I cant stand closed mouth bottles. Wide mouth is more practical. And those attachments seem like a weird unnecessary add-on and an extra thing to clean.

Oh Christ, fuck that. I don't want to meet the person who needs one of those.

we seem to be moving away from wide mouth bottles. I think partially due to the incoming slew of people who just want to glom onto a fad.

Would say nalgene, the wide mouth is easy to clean, it holds water so in a backpack nothing gets wet, downside is that the loop snaps.
Also got an ozark trail double steel gallon jug. Super dope.

They make a silicone insert for the wide mouth bottles so its easy to waterfall style sip and in general just not spill.

I was looking for one recently. I kind of dislike paying so much for a Nalgene because it's a plastic bottle, but I got one anyway. Got to say I've been quite happy with it.
Glass breaks, steel tastes weird and aluminum gives you Alzheimers. I think Nalgene are free of BPA/BPS so plastic it is, even though I'd prefer a quality metal bottle.

i like spilling it onto me when its hot as shit out

Is wide mouth a fad? I'd argue the opposite. Go into any Target or Walmart or equal department store. And there's tons of hipster aluminum close mouth bottles. I just like wide mouth because they pour well, you can use an ice dispenser well enough. I also like to put lemon in my water from time to time (usually after a binge drinking weekend). And it's incredibly easy to do. Not to mention cleaning is easier as well.
Perhaps our uses are different, but certainly cleaning a close mouth bottle is more difficult than a wide mouth all day every day.

nalgene claims theyre BPA free but grain of salt.

I prefer steel over the others because in several situations i could put it on some coals and prep food

Nalgene in my opinion, A lot of military personnel that I’ve seen substitute their canteens for Nalgene’s, plus they make covers for them so you can insulate them better, and they are still light weight

>Is wide mouth a fad?
no i'm arguing the opposite. That the small mouth bottles are the fad. You can't look kewl or sexy or twitter or snap tweetable drinking out of a wide mouth bottle like some heathen

If you fill a wide mouth with ice water and fuck it... Its wonderful. I call it the wim hoff fleshlight

Size matters

Lmao. Sorry. I reread your post I replied to and immediately realized I was arguing the wrong side. Yes. I totally agree.

Holy hell! I think this is my first 666 trips. Thanks devil. Stay hydrated bro.

Attached: 1389915141323.jpg (320x306, 31K)

yeah okay satan, nice try you ain't foolin no one.

as long as its not double walled insulated

Attached: hehe-36551016.png (500x522, 130K)

nah i'm pretty sure that would defeat the purpose of trying to heat it. Also i think they used to call them thermoses up until recently

and they'll explode. Thermoses had glass walls but Yeti makes some double walled stainless. just ill advised to put it into the fire

the most dangerous of drinks

i haven't posted on this site in 3 years almost and i'm coming out of lurking to second this recommendation. i've had one of these for about 3 years it is rock solid. have a couple stickers on it and no signs of peeling and they're dirt cheap

Lamo. Thanks. Yeah same. I have a few stickers on the one I bought last year. And they hold up finely. Stay hydrated user.

Contigo is fine if you're a noobie and barely learning about fitness but the best ones imo are Simple Modern 40oz+ bottles.

hydroflask is the best. Yeah you're paying a premium that makes it come to $30-40.00 but i've never heard of anyone bitching about their hydroflask unless their a dumbass and drop it to make a dent.

Does a dent to a Hydroflask compromise its quality? Dropping a water bottle from a desk or from something a lot taller isn't uncommon depending on the use and the persons profession. Elaborate user and back up your confidence.

this bad boy’s gone through shit for 4 years now

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1.83M)

No.

Nope it does not. Do yourself a favor and just buy a 32oz with a rubber sleeve on the bottom.

>kill another 30
World Wide Water Warrior detected

Hydroflasks are great. They’re slightly overpriced but I have two of them in different sizes and and I use one of them every day.

This could quite possibly be the baddest person I’ve ever read on the internet.
Wew

You’ll have a small dent that will annoy slightly if you drop it on concrete but they’re sturdy as fuck.