Are we alone?

Are we alone?

Attached: home-hero.jpg (2000x1120, 433K)

It is very unlikely due to the sheer size of the universe

no there are balls of dirt, fire and ice flying all around each other until they all explode or something.

I'm not saying it's aliens, but it's aliens.

Attached: ayyGetBackHere.gif (450x320, 472K)

We are a fluke.
Everything that happened to create us ,was luck and perfect circumstances.
We are alone.

also look up the Dyson Dilemma and Fermi Paradox. I reccommend Isaac Arthurs YouTube Channel

God I hope this is real

If, for instance, the dinosaurs hadn't been wiped out, the chain of mammalian evolution that led to humans might have been foreclosed and it's not clear whether another species would have taken our role.

I believe aliens exist, whether or not they've been here I can't say. There may be some odd things out there, and sighting that may likely just be natural phenomenon or secret military aircraft. I've seen a few odd lights in the sky myself, but I've never just assumed it was ayyliens.

Attached: ayy.webm (640x360, 802K)

>Are we alone?
Probably not. If we find any signs of life in our solar system (whether extinct or basic on Mars or Europa - the two main candidates) then definitely not.

I hope not, if the best the universe can produce is us. It's ridiculously futile.

Maybe

I believe in UFO's. but not gonna speculate what they are or what may be inside.

There is almost certainly some kind of life our there. But intelligent life? If it was out there we should at least hear radio signals. So i like the rare earth hypothesis.

Unless it's earth-like life. If so, we will be back to square one.

May be, may be not. It's a question of timing. Radio signals would take a long, long time to reach us. That means that the civilization in question would have lived in exacly that window of time, corresponding to the time radio signals would need to reach us. And we have been listening only like 50 or 100 years. I say it is very unlikely.

Femi paradox. They should be here already. Imho there is ONE explanation: WE. ARE. FIRST. In our galaxy at least (but since other galaxies are so far away, we are basically and practically alone).

>They should be here already.
I don't agree. If aliens even exist, they have surely n-o-t visited us. No civilization -ever!- would spend hundreds and thousands of years to travel here and watch us. Furthermore, if they have became some sort of digital cyber-beings, they wouldn't need any spaceships, they would go mentally, thus we would not see an UFO.

Yes, I thought about that after I posted. if there was a clear link showing cross-contamination (debris from impacts getting to the other planet) then yes, but just because it was similar does not preclude the possibility of convergent evolution

I'm not talking about UFO buttshit. Where I even mentioned UFOs? I said they DIDN'T visit us (they weren't in our solar system that is or at least there is no proof of that) because they don't exist. I said we are first intelligent being in our galaxy.

Have either of you guys seen the graphic of exactly how far our radio emissions have travelled in our galaxy? They may not even know we are here yet - pic relevant

Attached: 20130115_radio_broadcasts_f840[1].jpg (840x840, 216K)

That’s not how it works.

>If it was out there we should at least hear radio signals
see
which works in reverse. As Douglas Adams wrote
>Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space

Yes, but unless we have proof there was another genesis on Europa or Mars - we will never be sure if this life is indigenous or it came from Earth (or vice-versa, colonised Earth).

What if advanced societies turn inwards as soon as they reach some kind of post scarcity society on their planet, long distance space travel might be too much of a hassle and cultures who have everything they need probably dont even bother with it, hence the radio silence all around us

No - given the size and age of the universe, there must be billions of wolds with life, a lot of it intelligent.
Yes - given the size and age of the universe, the distances in space and time are far too huge to ever meet them.

Attached: 1563861547892.jpg (1242x1878, 332K)

It seems so unlikely.
>2,000,000 years ago - stone tools, hand axes
>1,500,000 - probable use of speech
>1,000,000 - migrations out of botswana into europe and asia
>300,000 - use of fire, burials, huts
>100,000 - first modern man cro-magnon, out of africa
>40,000 - music, neanderthal bone flute
>32,000 - cave paintings
>28,000 - sculpted statues
>15,000 - bering land bridge, north america colonized
>14,000 - domestication of dogs
>11,000 - domestication of sheep
>10,000 - domestication of goats and pigs
>10,000 - agriculture wheat and barley
>9500 - first town, Jericho, walled city, pop. 2500
*DING* Your civilization is ready.
It doesn't surprise me that it happened what surprises me is that it happened so FAST. Dinosaurs only went extinct 65M years ago, that's not really a long time. In context, the Horseshoe Crab has barely changed at all in 500M years. Some sharks, shrimp, sponges, jellyfish ... 500M years unchanged. I understand why - because they maxed out leveling up as "perfectly" suited to their environment. Humans take shit to a new level. It's not normal. I don't think another species would have, or ever has, evolved at the pace we're on right now.

Why do you even imply they will come to see us? They should come BECAUSE of the sun and planets. And even if they didn't visit our solar system, the galaxy should be filled with their signals and other signs of their presence. I mean, don't get me wrong - I'd love to know we are not alone and I am a big fan of SETI, we totally should search ET, but I don't believe they exist.

Another hypothesis is that all intelligent life is like humanity, in that it can invent stuff before it understands and can deal with the consequences, so it will inevitably end up destroying its home planet (or the planet's ability to support intelligent life) before it can escape that planet. A bit like we are currently doing.
>we didn't do it with nukes by sheer luck, so let's try fucking with the environment

Attached: 62469221_10158925081057575_3299847841945485312_n.jpg (474x480, 55K)

The universe doesn't give a shit about your personal opinion.

Consider also they don't necessarily have to be visible to the human eye or detectable by any of our senses. They could very well be here now and we don't even know it.

Na haven't been in ages. Now there's the FBI, redditfags, newfags, even 2chan drops by sometimes.

Attached: 1561474176397.jpg (670x677, 53K)

Humans traded in biological evolution for cultural evolution, even the fact that we can pass on knowledge with speech from one generation to the next works several orders of magnitude faster than relying on the genome to carry on the information. Written language increased the effect even further

>the galaxy should be filled with their signals and other signs of their presence
That depends how long they've had radio waves. Because they would also have the tiny blue dot in my graphic around their planet as a bubble of space that they've broadcast to

Don’t start talking about that global warming bullshit.

All sentient life in the universe is endowed with a spiritual component. They, just like us, evolve upwards. Everyone is higher up, not further away, which is why we have to run across them.

Yes, but it takes only ONE civilisation that actually wants to colonise the galaxy. Only one. And there's no proof that intelligent species will inevitably fall into political correctness and spend their money to feed niggers instead of colonising the stars.

>Don’t start talking about that global warming bullshit.
If you don't believe the planet is warming you have no place in a rational debate, rare as they are on Sup Forums

Every planet in the solar system has increased in temperature by the same amount of the same amount of time. It isn't anything specific to Earth

We might be alone at the moment but we sure as shit aren't and won't be the only intelligent life in the universe; it's a mathematical certainty.

In an effectively infinite universe spanning billions of years there most certainly has and will be other intelligent life out there.

Don't forget just because we're carbon based, water requiring, moderate temperature requirement creatures doesn't mean life elsewhere are.

Yes

Are you seriously arguing that the presence of more greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere has NO effect on the global average temperature on earth?

Here's the other one.

Attached: 1552861926013.webm (640x360, 1.2M)

Triggered?

and what makes you think that fluke couldn't possibly have happened again in our large ancient universe

Nice trips and you're right but advanced language is less than 1M years old, it's a baby and it's only going to get more efficient and adaptable. It just blows my mind that only 65M years ago dinosaurs were eating mammals like snacks. It's like that shit just happened yesterday. This mofo hasn't changed in 300M years, pic related

Attached: Frilled Shark.jpg (1920x1080, 225K)

Do you believe that the world will end in 12 years?

Other user here. Stop pls. Even if we polute Earth to the extreme we will not die out. Some people will survivee. Haven't you seen the walking dead series? There are just too many of us. Our technology is good enough to make life possible even after some fucking eco-holocaust.

universe - yes
our galaxy - no.
But since all galaxies are very far away and almost all are moving away due to hubble's effect - we will never be able to detect them so it doesn't matter if they exist or not.

This user is correct. It's mentally ill to think that way though, it's apathetic and suicidal. But that doesn't make it any less true.

Nobody is arguing that all people drop dead if the earth heats up a few degrees on average, but people completely denying the physical effects of greenhouse gasses is strange

>Every planet in the solar system has increased in temperature by the same amount of the same amount of time
I think a citation is required. Otherwise I'm calling illogical bullshit from a batshit crazy troll

>universe - yes
>our galaxy - no.
100,000,000,000 potential planets in a galaxy isn't enough? You could multiply that by a factor of 10, or 20, or 50 for satellites and moons too. Jupiter has 79 moons, Saturn supposedly over 80. Earth's obviously a pleb tho

I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what liberals are arguing.

We are the aliens we’re looking for

No it's not user, don't be so dramatic.

earth is not the only thing that curves in nasa videos/pictures

Attached: gq65x2J.jpg (720x404, 27K)

Not the world, just the world for humans

fuck off with your strawman and walk us through your own reasoning concerning greenhouse gasses and global warming here

People like Greta Thunberg or AOC day that if the world warms up just a few degrees then suddenly natural disasters will start increasing dramatically- earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunamis everyday 24/7. Planes won’t even be able to fly anymore.

>Everything that made this world with all of it's specific functions, it's synchronized cycles, and it's very functional design was all luck and a "random" success for no reason.

You see, this is why religious or spiritual people look at you like pic related. And I'm talking about not just Christians, but ANY spiritually "understood" person.

Attached: huh.jpg (640x640, 187K)

That we are the only race alive in the whole universe is not likley, seems unimagineble

Yeah those idiots say things like that it's true. But they speak for themselves, not 100 million "liberals". You were talking complete extinction and very few people believe that's actually the case.

Ok, ok fair point.

If we are, GOOD. If we aren't, start digging an underground bunker cuz the space entities who find us first will probably be so advanced will squash us like ants. Or they will ignore us, like most of us ignore ants, just because they interacted with much more advanced species than us already. Who the fuck knows man (in the most literal sense).

>100,000,000,000 potential planets in a galaxy isn't enough?
Yes, I believe that. I think there are only a handful of planets like Earth out there in our galaxy - and none of them has an advanced civilisation. There could be one or two intelligent species that lived in caves and used sticks but they were wiped out due some natural catastrophe before they could prevent it.
That's my belief.
PS. The Sun isn't your average star. The sun is actually one of the biggest and brightest star in our galaxy - 97% of stars are smaller and dimmer. We know for sure life is possible on planets orbiting sun-like stars, but we don't know if it's possible in smaller stars' system. Certainty is ALWAYS better than probability.

anybody else find it maddening to think their might be other advanced civilizations going about their day and we'll probably never know about them? It genuinely frustrates the hell out of me. I just wonder what cool or fucked up shit might be going on in some other galaxy

I know I am

If we were a contained experiment it would make sense that we'd find no aliens.
They're most likely studying evolution.
It's either God made this world or it's a simulation.

Deterministic Universe vs Stochastic Universe has been debated for centuries, spirituality aside, even within the scientific community. Each side looks at the other like their retarded. The answer invariably is that neither concept (and our language) is adequate to describe the dualism. I don't think these concepts are mutually exclusive either. The universe is both chaotic and harmonious simultaneously, I don't see why the idea of 'god', science and nature can't exist in the same way.

How do people come to conclude that baseless shit like this is real?

No

The fuck are you talking about? That's how everyone looks at religious people.

lights in the dark must be suns? how can you even prove that?

>The Sun isn't your average star. The sun is actually one of the biggest and brightest star in our galaxy - 97% of stars are smaller and dimmer.
The fuck are you talking about? Did you learn that in bible study? The sun is a very average star.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-11-10-09-48-27.png (1080x2160, 722K)

The only simulation is the fabricated world that has been crafted for you. If I asked you if there were real value in money, would you say yes? And to put a man's morals into perspective, what would you do for the right price? The evil of this fabricated and phony world is that it has reduced the lower, common man to that of a beast. And it stands to reason that if you think of yourself as a beast or just another animal, you too have reduced yourself in your own mind to that of a dog. You are no better than a creature that walks on 4 legs. Of course, those men who sit at the top (And I mean the top. Not the "Presidents" of any country. the one's that create money from thin air that OWN the Presidents.) know well that Man is not "just another animal." But they are comfortable having you think so because it means they are the only ones to feel like gods. We are like the serfs of old, serving under an evil "master".

>That's my belief
You're not alone in that thinking. I also think that life is quite common too, and "advanced" civilization much much MUCH less common. We agree that far. The rest I suppose is left to what numbers you punch into the drake equation/fermi paradox. The deciding factor for me, my own personal thinking is how FAST humans evolved in less than a million years. That any species anywhere may have the potential to just POP at some tipping point and ride the roller coaster towards civilization.

>Are we alone?
According to the people who rule the world, yes. We live on a plane of existence which is governed by demons. There is no such thing as planets, or space, and we are absolutely alone in this version of reality

As for the truth? Who knows, dude? When the people who rule over you don't believe in the shit they push on the public things get confusing

Simulation theory is bunk for pseudo-philosophical conspiracy theorist edgelords who need to see the world in black and white or they experience severe cognitive dissonance. No insult intended.

And how does this make you feel?

Well, if truth be told, there are supposedly more of us than there are you. I think the world is truly lucky that Christians are relatively peaceful. They wave signs in your face while the Muslims cut your head off and blow up your children with bombs. If Christians all over the world universally decided that they were sick of everyone's shit, it would be over for everyone else. That's a simple fact. I think the Catholic crusades should reveal just what happens when Christians are mobilized with the intent to crush the heretics. People only feel confident in spitting at us and hurting us BECAUSE we do nothing. An honest Christian tries to "turn the other cheek" as their Lord has told them. If they were to suddenly get sick of everyone though? It would be a very different story.

Agreed that within the last few hundred thousand years our civilization ramped up considerably. One problem we have today is we have no practical way of knowing whether or not dinosaurs, or any other form of life, basket-weaving jellyfish, for instance, had their own civilization. Our era is a brief fart in the global timescale

>We live on a plane of existence which is governed by demons. There is no such thing as planets, or space, and we are absolutely alone in this version of reality
Nothing like a thread about aliens to show you how many mentally ill people are on Sup Forums.

Wrong. 70% of stars in our galaxy is red dwarfs stars (class M). 15% are class K (orange dwarfs). And theres G9-G3 class stars and our Sun is G2 star. Seriously - the Sun IS in 3% of the biggsest stars. I KNOW there are stars bigger many times over BUT they are fucking RARE!

Lol look at this sad 15 year old Christian boy trying to cope with the lies his parents told him

It makes me feel several things. Anger and frustration for a start. But also a deep sadness and regret. Watching everyone walk around like a brain dead retard is a bit disappointing to say the least.

We are all god(s). If there were conspiracy top men watching over us, we are equal to them, no better, no worse. Nothing wrong with being an animal, they are god(s) too. I suggest a psychedelic experience to snap you into reality

I dont think its a fluke.
Life is a rule I think. And if you get the number of stars in the universe btw. more than sandkorns on earth its verry likely.

>oh boy, everyone's stupid but ME

Someday you will outgrow puberty and see other people and their lives with the same level of complexity as your own

yup

I'm 25 and my family told me nothing about God. Even now I look at my family as though they were doomed. As I have said countless times to the ignorant and arrogant atheists in here: "Did you come from a 'Christian family'? Then how are you an atheist? If an atheist can come from a family that DID pray, DID say grace, DID go to church, then is it so far fetched to believe that a believer could come from an ATHEIST background?"
>The thing atheists seem to miss is that their story can and does work in reverse.

Actually, we know that. The point is, every advanced civilisation has to mine resources. We'd find evidence of mining, yet we didn't.

I don't need an outside substance to get me to realize that all men are (in the grander scope of things) equal. But animals are not gods. If you think that a beast is a god, you have a rather warped understanding of what it means to be a god.

im not sure what im in, but what is a better theory in your opinon?

What, if anything, are YOU doing to combat this massive injustice?

Probably not

But in the same breath, everyone else is so far away and any mode of transport so slow that we might as well be.

Haha you’re alone

Attached: 54690D0E-BDF7-48E5-8A8A-733348E5588E.jpg (720x709, 78K)

Why would someone choose a life of ignorance and fantasy?