How is this stuff(pic related)compared to your usually jose cuervo or 1800?

how is this stuff(pic related)compared to your usually jose cuervo or 1800?

i feel like i should of bought the resposado patron but it seems like the silver patron was the cheapest.ive heard thats only good drank straight but there's a ton of cocktails on their webpage that use patron

Attached: ci-patron-silver-25fa130a809ea038.jpg (400x600, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sauzatequila.com/our-tequilas
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You're talking to a guy that drinks Moctezuma or Pepe Lopez

its a better quality than cuervo but its pretty comparable to 1800, its the top end of the standard low end brands. think of it like chik fil a, yeah its the best fast food there is but its still just fast food.

Jose cuervo and 1800 is cheap tequila. Patron is mid shelf but tastes way better. Not worth the extra 30 bucks to me for patron but if youre really looking fir better taste go for patron.

>mid shelf

lol,for the price i paid for it.id perfer it being described as a little better then mid shelf.but whatever,if anything.ive always been curious about patron,now that i think about it.i kind of regret not just saying fuck it and buying 2 bottles of gin since i drank the last of my bombay sapphire(it was actually bombay sapphire east,which is shit.i wouldnt recommend it)today

yeah,cuervo or whatever 100 percent agave reposado tequila is usually what i get.i was lookin for espolon blanco today.but the store i went to didnt have it,so i said fuck it and bought patron

>standard low end brands

eh,i figured patron was more or less towards the high end brands.is it still a pretty mid shelf tequila but just has alot of hype behind it?

i also looked at don julio but patron was cheaper

either way,im guessing for somebody who usually drinks shit like jose cuervo.its going to be a hell of alot better right? i figured for the price it was mainly for drinking straight but it seems like you can still mix with it

Reposado is my favorite.

Corralejo Reposado is the brand I buy.
Great flavor, straight or in a margarita.

yeah,i usually drink reposado tequila.but in terms of patron.the silver was the cheapest they had

>silver patron
marketed for gringos
>jose cuervo
overpriced throughout the brand
>1800
preferable to the other two
used to be two different companies marketing different tipos of 1800, might still be the case

i like how you call jose cuervo overpriced when its literally some of the cheapest shit tequila you can find

i bet your some stupid anti mexican trump supporter anyway,thats why you said the gringo comment about silver patron

but on your point about 1800 and jose cuervo being 2 different companys.i think they are both made by the same company now

Number Juan or Don Julio is best. Pleasantly suprised with Sauza.

isnt number juan another one of those shitty celebrity endorsed tequilas? also,don julio was more expensive then patron or else i would of bought the silver of don julio today

Well Ron White does exclusively drink it, but he's been an alcoholic for 35 years. I only had it once and my tolerance is sky high, but it fucked me up right. Almost psychoactive. Hard to explain. Also hard to justify 100 bucks for a handle. If you ever have the chance, it's great.

yeah,didnt he and his brother make it or something? i dont know,regardless of the fact i bought a 5th of patron today.i usually stay away from celebrity endorsed alcohol.plus,i dont know,i still feel like i should of just bought some shit like jose cuervo because i always feel bad buying expensive alcohol and mixing it

I usually just go for Ol Smokey Blue Flame unaged whiskey. 128 proof kek

i used to be into that type of shit.but it was always a pain in the ass to pour shots with it because of the jar

yeah,in terms of everyday pours.sauza really isnt bad

When you buy tequila, just make sure somewhere on the bottle it says '100% Agave'.

Silver/Plata is not aged, pretty much goes straight into the bottle.

Reposado is aged for about three months, sometimes longer depending on the company....that's where that true gold color starts to show...from being aged in a barrel.

Anejo is aged for over a year, sometimes longer.

You'll often find Rep and Anejo to be smoother, and depending on the brand...you get a smooth smokey taste.

If it isn't 100% Agave...its only 51% agave. Which consist of artificial agve flavoring, coloring and caramel flavoring and most 51% agave tequilas also have Vodka in them.

So when you buy Jose Gold, you are buying bottom shelf. It is 51% agave, with artificial coloring and caramel flavoring to make it look like it's been aged in a barrel. It also has Vodka in it.

Patron is an American Culture tequila. It was designed by a hairdresser FOR hairdressers....and it became America's tequila.

You can buy a $20 bottle of 100% agave tequila and still get a great tequila that won't give you headaches and hangovers.

The reason for the more expensive tequila can be based off their cooking method, Barrels, location of the agave plant, different factors that makes it an extraordinary tequila.

So dont subject yourself to just 1800 and Patron....try any tequila that says 100% Agave on the bottle

either way,my main point about patron silver is.would it at least be better then stuff like 1800,jose cuervo gold,hornitos,etc

because thats the type of shit i usually get when it comes to tequila

also,i usually get rep tequila.but in terms of patron,the silver was cheaper

im better than u

discord gg/F9GBME

no rules

I love Tequila, I drink much of it. Often....aged tequilas are always more expensive because they require more attention and production materials like Barrels, racks, workers, machinery, warehouses, etc to store them so they can age.

You can look down a few shelves and find other silver tequilas for half the price and even cheaper. Just make sure on the bottle somewhere it says '100% Agave' or '100% De Agave' tequila.

yeah,alot of the time ive avoided patron because ive always heard its overpriced and it seems lower quality but still popular because of celebrity endorsement.but i decided this week to say fuck it and buy patron silver

and in terms of the "100% agave"thats usually what i buy

Mezcal is better

the only mezcal ive ever drank was peloton de la muerte but it seemed like a waste to me.tequila seems alot cheaper and mezcal doesnt taste good enough to me to make up for the price difference

also,tequila seems alot easier to find then mezcal.not to mention the only other brand of mezcal i bought was one of those cheap ass ones with a worm in it and it grossed me out and i ended up pouring it down the sink

>its literally some of the cheapest shit tequila you can find
That's patently false: witness .
Cuervo as an enterprise prices its tequilas higher than other companies do. The low end ("Especial") are mixtos that were aimed at the gringo market; now that there is little reason to make mixto tequilas, these brands might just disappear.
The añejo was released to the national market as José Cuervo 1800 about fifty years ago. I remember seeing something called 1800 Reposado for sale in southern California toward the end of the twentieth century; it was made by a distillery owned by the Cuervo empire.
>your some stupid anti mexican trump supporter
¿Qué sabes tú, pinche gringo? Deletreas como un trumpista miserable. Patrón was the tequila that was sold under a different brand here in Mexico. I'd have to look up what that was (or still is) … I can remember the shape of the bottle (different shape down here) … didn't much care for it.

Attached: hayek no mames.png (1041x828, 794K)

>southern california

eh,if thats really were your from.then im sure pretty much anything is overpriced where your at.overtaxed liberal states arent the greatest examples to give in terms of comparing prices of alcohol

either way,i really dont want to derail this with politics,since its already a touchy subject bringing up tequila in the first place because its mexican and americans are being taught to hate mexicans

either way,im assuming most of the stuff sold in mexico is probably different then what you can find in america.plus you probably have stuff in mexico thats alot better then patron anyway

also,i know cuervo has 100 percent agave higher end stuff.but when people think of cuervo,they think of the cheap mixto gold cuervo

SIlver patron is the best tequila everyone will tell you that and if they disagree they are wrong.

>everyone will tell you

yeah,but the real point is.do they think its good because its a quality tequila,or do they think its good because their favorite celebrity drinks it

i dont know,i guess the celebrity point(and the price of it)was kind of why i never bought patron in the first place

also,i only bought patron today because the store i was at didnt have espolon brand tequila or i would of got espolon reposado

>that true gold color starts to show...from being aged in a barrel
There are four substances that can be added lawfully to Tipo I tequila (blanco/plata) in order to make it into Tipo II (oro/abocado), Tipo III (reposado), or Tipo IV (añejo): sugar, caramel coloring (burnt sugar), oaken wood chips, and glycol (glycerine).

In most cases this is true. Look for Sanka from Michoacán. Excellent and reasonably priced. Made from espadín (Agave angustifolia).

The reason for that is fairly complicated.
Agave species have a growth cycle of about seven years. To make pulque you draw off the sap little by little, much like maple syrup, but to make tequila (and mezcal) you have to destroy the plant. So agave distillates take about seven years to be harvested.
In the old days, this created ebbs and flows in supply. Some years there were more agave piñas than they know what to do with, other years it was easier to work with sugarcane instead. Agave piñas have a recognizable flavor while sugarcane is fairly neutral. Two kinds of tequila were made: the more flavorful type made from nothing but agave and the mixtos that were made from agave plus sugarcane (or corn or many other fermentable agricultural products such as cottonseed).
In the second half of the twentieth century, laws had to be passed to preserve the "purity" of tequila such that "100%" agave ultimately meant 100% Agave tequilensis Weber and "mixto" meant a minium of 50% of those piñas mixed with any other fermentable in a common mash.
Tequilas mixtos were used for cocktails and for selling to gringos.
Then along came the Consejo Regional de Tequila (CRT), which set up ISO-9000 systems for the entire industry. Suddenly the harvests of agave became predicable and consistent, rendering mixtos almost completely unnecessary.
The bottom end of the price structure fell apart.

Patron is overpriced and when they moved the factory, it started tasting like shit. Don Julio, Bald Pussy and Sauza are WAY better in my opinion but Bald Pussy is my favorite. Another good pricey one is Rammstein's Tequila but youll need to have it imported.

wtf is "bald pussy"

also,sauza is cheap junk.not sure why rammstein would make tequila,is it even that popular in germany? assuming they can even drink alcohol anymore considering the political state of germany

sauzatequila.com/our-tequilas

ive gotten sauza before,maybe im wrong.but its always seem like lower shelf cheap shit to me

or maybe its just the stuff that wasnt 100 percent agave,i dont know.i dont think ive ever gotten sauza that was 100 percent agave

i have gotten jose cuervo that was 100 percent agave though

It's arguably the biggest tequila company of them all. Certainly the oldest. What you're used to seeing is the cheap end and a couple of the fancier tequilas.

one of the few posts with actual information
Patron never moved its production facility - they have been making their tequila at La Hacienda using both the tahona wheel and roller mill methods and then blending them to make their Silver. They are one of the very few distilleries to still use the tahona wheel method and it adds considerable expense to the product. It is not a "mid-shelf" or sub-tier product in any way shape or form - however some people do not prefer this method as it really emphasizes the fresh agave notes and the more bold flavors can be offputting to some. At the end of the day its really all about what taste you like in your tequila.

yeah

pretty much the point of the 100 percent agave is maybe why ive always thought sauza was bottom shelf cheap shit.since thats the only sauza ive ever seen in stores

if patron isnt "mid shelf"then why does it cost so much? because the price i paid for patron silver sounds like it should be near the top shelf

or is alot of the price based on how much celebrity endorsement,etc it has?

either way,i would of gotten don julio but it was even more expensive then patron silver