twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

CGI Matthew McGrory

Not anymore

marlon brando's reanimated corpse

Maybe PDL era Hoffman

Ez-pz

was going to post this. Hes already frontrunner if it ever gets made

Not even hard

Holden is supposed to be 6'6 and 270 pounds. Also CGI is cheating.

This tbhfam

this piece of shit doesn't have the charisma to play the Judge

The Judge doesn't have a thick southern accent does he?

The Swede was supposed to basically be the judge right?

John Goodman

Gabourdey Sidibe

Anyone who disagrees, is a racist piece of shit

Since we're talking about BM, is it truly "unfilmable"?

My God.

The only one with acting ability

I'd put him in as Toadvine

If they can make Tom Cruise look taller than 5'2 it shouldn't be too difficult

Maybe not, but you gotta admit the resemblance is uncanny

Ever heard of acting?

this, perfect, he was already cast, for an afternoon, when Franco briefly thought he had the rights a few months ago.

Probably best Franco didnt make the film, but still would have loved to see D'Onofrio's Holden, if a film had to be made.

Further evidence

PTA would do wonders with it

>Stephen King
>Cormac McCarth

Why does reddi/tv/ love pulp and cheap kiosk novels so much?
Do you also like Murakami?

Too fat, not charismatic enough

Come on, you can't sit there and tell me Blood Meridian is overrated. Some things are just objectively amazing.

>You can't....

>I just did

If only he was 30 years younger. Fuck, he would be so good in the role.

Resemblance? Did you read the same book as I did?

>cheap kiosk novels

I'm not sure you know who Cormac McCarthy is.

But it's just kitsch. Genre literature. I wouldn't even call it overrated because the people that rate it are not really that knowledgable about culture to begin with.

to the OP you dolt

He writes cheap novels you buy at airports, usually in the western genre. I read him when I was a wee teenager but really you move on from such petty pulp. Crash is fascinating when you're 14 but not all that when you're older. Same with McCarthy.

>Cornhack McTardplease gets a couple of adaptations of his absolute fucking shit prose
>to this date there are still no adaptations of Robert McCammon's grand epics Swan Song and Carrion Comfort

The world truly is a shit place.

>actor

Jesse Eisenberg, of course. Hollywood!

>Genre media is inherently worse and less serious than ______.

This is pretension.

I mean physically, he literally is the Judge. THIS is what he would look like. If only he could actually act.

Just stop user, this flimsy bait is going nowhere.

McCarthy is a Pulitzer prize winner and is recognized by critics and academics (aka "people knowledgeable about culture)" as a great American novelist, likely in the top 3 still living.

He's running for office.

Yo, read my mind.

Carrion Comfort is fucking trash.
>a race of beings with powers manipulate humans behind the scenes
>le secret Hitler nazi history xdd

>tfw too dumb to understand that book

Muh Dean Koontz

And yet, it all comes together in a beautiful way that your DNA never did.

Pulitzer prize. Is that impressive to you? I mean in your mind the pulitzer prize is impressive? Why?
>a great American novelist
lol, you new worlders are so good damn cute.

lurk more before you start posting, reddit.

Who is your favorite author?

Ever heard of this actor playing a character that does not have a thick southern drawl?

fuccboi

I don't have a favourite author. My favourite poet is John Keats.

>It's a eurofag pretends his culture has created anything of value within the last hundred years that won't immediately be dismiss out if hand by the current zeitgeist as racist trash written by dead white cis-privileged males.

I do so detest the virus of the american academia. A plague on the whole west.

Always see this thread when I'm rereading blood meridian. Why is it so good bros.

We picked up that particular case of intellectual VD in France.

Holden is tall and imposing, not short and fat

JUDGE HOLDEN IS TO MAGNIFICENT IN ALL HIS GLORY AND SQUALOR TO BE SEEN IN A """""""FILM""""""".

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The density of the prose, and especially Holden's dialogue would be too much to translate to a single film. A trilogy could work, a miniseries would be best. What also makes it unfilmable is that there would be no audience for it. Borderline arcane actions, philosophical ramblings, the extreme settings, and of course the horrific violence (and child rape) on screen would never pass a review board. NC17 at best. A neutered and watered down version at worst.

What about an HBO series?

Enjoy your slow descent into Game of Thrones meats Westworld.

I'm sure you're just being hyperbolic, but Blood Meridian is pretty obviously not genre fiction. The term you're looking for might be entry level

Don't give up. I powered through it the first time, and though some passages resonated I ultimately felt I had just stared at words and periodically turned the pages. I read it a second time and it all started to piece together. I read Notes on Blood Meridian and then read it a third time. It's a different book every time I read it.

HBO would puss out. Any network, studio or director with the balls to stay true to Blood Meridian doesn't have the budget or the pull to do it, and those who do don't have the balls for it.

/unfilmable/ general?

That's easy

Derek Mears

>wtf is this
>search
>"a series of science fantasy novels"

lmao

Also, J.D.Morgan, Ed Harris (if only he was younger) and good half of Alien 3 cast.

cringe

>unfilmable
This meme needs to end
Nothing is unfilmable

He's tall and fat.

FUAAARK YOU PLEBS

He's not fat

Film this.

He is fat.
He was even based on a real life shaved, fat man.

He resembles a giant baby. Babies are fat.

unfilmable stuff is just really philosophical stuff where most of the understanding of the characters and philosophy comes from the narration rather than the characters' actions and dialogue. Blood Meridian definitely isn't unfilmable then because almost all of the philosophy comes from the dialogue except for when Mccarthy does his meme descriptions about the landscape being like the breath of a god or whatever.

Just shave his head and he'd be great

Fucking this

Clancy Brown is tall and can be intimidating
All he needs is a shaved head

THE ORIGINAL SHIT CHARACTER

If Franco is allowed around to any McCarthy book it should be Suttree
>dude I get drunk and live on a houseboat even though I am wealthy and privileged and think/know I'm smarter than everyone else lmao
He's perfect for the lead.

He needs to have a childish face you imbeciles. Like a baby. Stop posting these "hard looking" people. He's a giant man with a babyish face.

I could see it, is he really that big though? I know he's got some height to him.

He was terrifying in Carnivale

Yes 6'4

hehe

D'Onofrio could pull this off, his detective Robert Goren is seriously my favorite TV series character

They'll cast him as Chapel the Evergreen in the inevitable Trigun film adaptation, now that Ghost in the Shell opened the floodgates

That picture looks like the dude who played Darlys brother on the Walking dead.

go to bed Nicholas Sparks.

Amy Schumer with a male voice dubbed in

when I read the book I pictured Capt. Glanton as a taciturn Brad Pitt. Brad's too old now (Glanton was 31 when he died). Casey Affleck would be good though.

Book of the New Sun is one of the greatest works of fiction that exists. As someone who doesn't like scifi/fantasy outside of LotR and Gormenghast, I'd say it's in the top 10 of best 20th century written works.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carel_Struycken

Too old

this would be fucking amazing