Are you afraid of death (non-existence)?

Are you afraid of death (non-existence)?

Attached: 95C9E6E8-304E-45DD-AF81-C4454AED97DC.jpg (223x226, 2K)

Already happened before I was born. Wasn't that bad

I think everyone is because if we weren't we would all kill ourselves because why go through the torment of living when not existing is easier and ultimately the end result of us all.

such is not a reality, samuel

The difference is you’re never going to be born again. It’s non-existence forever.

No I Believe everyone will continue even after death like everything in our reality everything temporary even the void in one hole out the other, if you do some simple math on both of the equations you'll get a 4, there is no need for fear, you'll get to see one of the greatest mysterious we know of. the void is a rectangle a clean slate and a new man depending on what you've done with yourself in the life

You mean death or non existence? Death of the body and realising that the personal ego is basically an illusion and therefore non existent are two different things.

Everyone is. It is hard coded into our DNA. Everyone who says they aren’t is either lying or just ignorant. When it comes down to it, all of us will feel fear of the unknown in our last moments. Also, we will all have a massive DMT trip right before we die.

Oh well, this universe is probably a simulation anyway.

No, I'm looking forward to joining the everlasting emptiness of the Void

No. It's literally nothing to be afraid of.

>it isn't possible to overcome base biological drives
Sounds like you're the ignorant one.

I'm more afraid of there being life after death.

i just wish we could understand, i'm terrified of never being sure, even as a spiritual person

Why would there be anything other than non-existence? That’s what death is.

Yes, i am terrified user.

I just can't wrap my head around what it would mean or be like.

most of my life i've just not cared, death being part of it all.

then one gets older and your nerves get weaker.
sometimes i 'realize' that i'm going to die and it bothers the hell out of me.
after a while i can get to 'yeah, whatever' and continue with my life.

it's nothing rational either, just a switch that randomly switches on.

I know exactly what you mean user. I often have that when i go to bed and i'm alone with my thoughts.

I'm imagining how dying feels, realizing your body is dying while your mind can't do anything about it. I just don't wanna die in panic. I wanna go peacefully.

Try to think of what it was like before you were born. It’s exactly that.

There are two ways to eliminate the fear of death:
- convince yourself that you have an eternal soul
- convince yourself that you're already dead

You didn't lack existence before you were born since the existence that we're discussing is yours

no.
it's like time before i was born.
let that sink in

no

Nope. I was fine through out all human history not existing going back to that is no biggie

yes it gives me panic attacks if i think about it too much

Its been on my mind a lot recently, used to go through phases as a kid where it would always be on my mind too Its an interesting topic but if ur a man of science and choose to believe it then chances are there is not a "heaven" or any of that stuff. Its comforting to think that death isn't the end but the sad truth is it most likely is.

the weird thing is if it’s the end we’ll never actually know that cause we’ll be dead

I do not fear death, when I die I'm going to be with Christ in heaven so I look forward to that day, but until then I'll live my life the best I can

It will forever remain a mystery, there are people who have died and came back to life who claim a lot of different things, we will never know for sure. I like to believe there is something after but it just doesn't seem likely.

Thats why i get scared when someone threatens to kill me

the only hope i have is the fact that you are given an infinite amount of time play with afterwards. anything that could happen will happen eventually?

What would u do tho? If there is a heaven or afterlife I doubt it is anything like earth, no internet or anything.

not at all. im religious but even if there's nothing i don't fear death.
i decided that i owe my life to my country and it's natives when i was only 8.
if for whatever reason i could save my country or help it's natives by killing myself in the most painful way i wouldn't hesitate to do so.

bump

non existence is not proven to be the same as death. I am scared of going to a place worse than this one. This one is already enough torture for me.

I am actually not afraid of death at all, I just don't want to leave my family and friends behind because that's selfish. I would be afraid of failing a suicide attempt though.