The Golden Age of the Internet Is Over

youtube.com/watch?v=OU6CuSMzNus&feature=youtu.be

Attached: 1557493083971.jpg (1280x679, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4ziTr315S7c
youtube.com/watch?v=c95W8UHAyHc
youtube.com/watch?v=Lsj0mY13t9s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How does this make you feel Sup Forums?
youtube.com/watch?v=4ziTr315S7c

Video games?

camarelldansen was better

Yes.

Why do all millennials sound the same when trying to narrate a video?

Oh man this made me remember the Tim Buckley comic animated series but with annotations from viewers, those were great

Glinkz is shit, when I watch something I don't want to have a feeling of "I could make do better than this". His shit is so amateur.

ok boomer

This is the same piece of shit who tries to defend trannys on his GDQ video he privated for a good year.

He's a hypocrite, and 2007 wasn't the best year ever, that could go from anything before 1983. Also, the golden age of the internet was already over by 2015.

>faggot nostalgiafagging and repeating the shit everyone knows for 27 minutes
we fucking get it there's no need to say it every single god damn time

Attached: 1457630967039.jpg (247x223, 16K)

>have a legitimate grievance and supporting evidence
>cover it in "scary" editing
>nobody cares because you delivered the warning hamhandedly

There, I saved you 22 minutes

Attached: 1551191326336.jpg (330x362, 82K)

HAHA LE BOOMER
I AM LE ZOOMER
BASED BASED BASED
CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE

internet went to shit in 2008, I think that was pretty much accepted as truth for years now

Attached: cs.jpg (461x669, 29K)

Golden Age of the Internet was late 2010-late 2015.

Started with the you know whats, and the amount of dipshit trolling. Joined YouTube late September 2010, 2 weeks later YouTube started its downward spiral.
Coincidence?

The golden age of the internet died when Social Media and normalfag aggregators like reddit got significantly popular, and niche communities became unable to gatekeep as a result. I can't say precisely when the death was, but the rumblings were in 2007

Attached: the impact of 2007.jpg (681x506, 59K)

>Golden Age of the Internet was late 2010-late 2015

You utter newfag. You underage political cretin.

Attached: 1568276934275.jpg (449x607, 38K)

You are not 18.

cringe but redpilled

Kalki please come to end the kali yuga.

Nope.

Yeah, I'm 21.

>newfag
Seriously, you've been using that term since 2007. Not everyone is fucking 35 and still uses Sup Forums unironically.
Golden Age of trolling. Just look at True Capitalist Radio as an example of shenanigans that happened.

>novel concept comes along that makes people happy
>corporations finish turning their giant bureaucratic heads around and set their eyes on it ~5 - 10 years later
>funs over

Everytime. You voted for this.

You revolting fucking piece of slimy filth.

Trolling is not the internet you newfaggot.

i distinctly remember that's when things were getting exponentially worse

Attached: 1475014226740.jpg (480x360, 11K)

Don't feel angry at his ignorance, feel pity for what he never knew. Feel grateful that you're not him.
I can't imagine how fucking awful it must be to have never known a pre social media internet, and have to post this shit in an effort to cope.

Attached: 1494011646847.jpg (600x300, 57K)

Trolling was a key reason why the Internet was so fun. I know, I joined just around the end of 2015, and got myself into some shit.
Remember Mario Royale back in June, yeah I got that shut down.

I'm going to give you the beating your father clearly shirked out on.

Attached: 1555214570382.png (625x480, 228K)

Everyday I hope this nightmare ends.

Attached: 1538916938415.jpg (400x533, 164K)

>Exists only to be a parasite
>probably only got it shut down because he got banned and was mocked in a video
Yep, betting on 15.

Eh, I more or less remember the trolling.
You could say that the Internet did get worse, and I can also agree that yes it started getting worse around the time of GamerGate, but eh, it was a lot of fun fucking with people.

I mean, I've been on it since 2010, so maybe I'm just biased.

You were never beaten by your father, I was.

>You were never beaten by your father, I was

Not hard enough clearly.

Clearly you were born in 2004 if you think that

>remember all those forums i used to post at
>they're all dead now

Attached: 1573218893044.webm (584x620, 1.45M)

You are wrong on both points. The video was even mocking, the guy was a cocky piece of shit r*dditfag who claims he was from Sup Forums, but his audience was different. I have taken a break from trolling, not really on my own part since there is nobody to troll anymore.

>You were never beaten by your father, I was.
Fucker went for the face, huh? Scrambled the shit out of your brains.

>this upset he get bullied publicly on a youtube video
Weep newfaggot.

Why is him talking about those werid fonts, layouts and forum signatures as if they were a good thing?

Not hard enough? It was everyday! They're used to be blood all over the fucking walls!

Nah, 1998. I much would have rather been born 1964, however.

Went everywhere, so what? I was a kid, I did shit, stole, you know, of course I got my ass kicked.

>bullied publically
Nah, the video just proved my points about how bad of a dev the guy was, and how retarded his fanbase was.
I could tell the story about how I got it shut down, if you'd like. It feels like I'm the only one who still talks about it.

>The annotations are gone
youtube.com/watch?v=c95W8UHAyHc

We lost something here. RIP

The fuck is "scary" editing?

Boomer is to 2019 what cuck was to 2016
You over and misuse it so much it loses any bite or edge it had at the start and its run into the ground within a week.

Attached: 1572347072454.gif (424x380, 2.41M)

It's been over for a decade and some change bro.

advertising is against the rules

Golden age was before Myspace which started the social media shit.

fear-mongering music, video effects, etc.
very common in conspiracy videos

Ah man, I miss classic AVGN. I remember watching him when he was still called "James Nintendo Nerd". Man, his newer videos aren't as good.

Here's literally every good thing from the 00s
>the anime subgroups that didn't just randomly drop series or had incoherent subs
Examples include those guys who subbed the original HxH series and OVAs back in the day, arguably [gg], and the incredibly based guy who uploaded that Mahoujin Guru Guru Doki Doki torrent.
>Translation Notes
>less people using forums and imageboards
>less faggots that would just cry 'weebshit'
>DaizEX
>that brief period where Project Umbrella had working forums and everybody in the RE community was hyped

youtube.com/watch?v=Lsj0mY13t9s
I want to go back Sup Forums.

Attached: 1538690859616.jpg (720x715, 55K)

Youtube diarrhea like the OP video is what ended the internet, go fuck yourself and your channel.

shut the FUCK up zoomer. just shut the FUCK up.

Good. My shit was cringe.

You shut the fuck up boomer.

>video essay
>monotone voice
>lo-fi hiphop
>bloated length
Not interested at all. Trash.
No, the golden age was before smartphones reached mass penetration. It was before Reddit, Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Google were the only fucking sites people cared about, before all this political garbage.

i get the impression you had nothing to do with Sup Forums until around 2014

Even if his new content isn't for me, I'm glad for him that he moved with the times and broadened his content enough to stay relevant.
Pretty much everyone else from that era is a soulless husk, clinging desperately for relevance, completely unhinged or some combination of the three

ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER ZOOMER BOOMER

>all the gay shit you posted as a kid is lost forever, and nobody will ever connect it to you even if it's archived
I feel pity for the poor fucks who don't realise social media never actually deletes what they post.

Attached: 1259455679361.jpg (476x338, 11K)

Sup Forums died 2011 kys redditabortions

Normalfags ruin everything,more news at 11

>23 petabytes used to be considered an astronomical amount
wierd to consider

The golden age of the internet was when you could find the girl next door on IRC and chat her up. MSN was the beginning of the downward spiral where you had to know people IRL to chat with them online. Everyone must be "added." Facebook was the death of the internet and we're currently in a purgatory called Sup Forums.

I have the impression you are 16-21.
Yes, you are right.
Started using the Internet 2009, got my first computer in 2010, was never recommended anything (I was watching the undergrounds shit) and the one video. The one video I was recommended on September 10, 2015, the first video I was recommended that wasn't underground, made me realize how shit the Internet and even the world was becoming, and I said "I'm not letting this slide" and I started trolling.
I wasn't up to date on anything that was modern really, I didn't know what a furry or any of that shit was till early 2016. If I have to say, I watched maybe 5 of the 1000 classic YouTube videos from 2006-2010, I don't really remember them. Also, the only things I were up to date on was the creepypastas and FNaF, and we all know how much ass those both sucked.

Thank fuck, I feel sorry for all the kids these days who instead will post their dumbassery on big social media where it's going to stick around forever.

Yeah, I miss old James. He's nearing 40 now, time flies by man.

What caused Sup Forums to die, as if Moot wasn't enough of a Jew to kill it.

You arent a newfag, you're worse

Attached: 1555019183956.png (960x475, 161K)

i used to have some decent conversations with people and even learned some practical skills

He's like a 16 year old making projects for his class except he's like 30.

Is there anywhere left that's free from normies?
Even Sup Forums has gotten to the point of hating video games and anime. Any discussion of any interest gets spammed with soi/coomer/consoomerist.

This is the thing I'm least sad about desu, and I spent a considerable amount of time on forums. In retrospect they were as faggy and self-important as r*ddit and introduced up/downvoting, paying for cosmetics, and a load of other crap that still infests the internet.

Get an updated copy, since I was fucking late to everything. Also, you only use the term "newfag", and you probably weren't even born when Sup Forums first came out.

BTW, does everyone forget the fact Moot was fucking underage, and should have been banned by his own rules?

>The golden age of the internet was when you could find the girl next door on IRC and chat her up.
This. And when people legitimately used to travel across the world to be with each other.

>look up all the forums I used to use
>most are dead
>one only has five posters, all of which were there when I used it like a decade ago
Christ, they were older than me too. They must be in their 30s and they still use this niche dead MMO forum to hang out.

>all those n-words
Makes me feel like reporting it for hate speech.

You're way too young to make assessments like these user

ok cuck

ok zoomer

>ABLOO ABLOO DA WILD WEST OF THE INTERNET IS OVER
You guys know we could just.....make a new internet. Actually we already did. It's called TOR.

You were born in the 200s weren't you.
2008 was when it went to shit for me and even then that was pushing it.

Nah, I was there. I joined YouTube late September 2010 (I think it was the 28th?), about 2 weeks later, YouTube started its downward spiral that it is still on today. It wasn't even YouTube who started it, their first bad update was December 2010. No, I'm talking about the people using it.

Attached: 1564659162442.jpg (700x734, 80K)

>Translation Notes
Ah yes, I too enjoy being assaulted by random Gundam trivia and spoilers hardsubbed into the video file henever I want to watch a 0083 fansub.
Good times.

Exabytes
>FTFY

G'day, officer.

Attached: 1433205348216.gif (156x267, 61K)

Tor is not a new internet. GNUnet is what you're looking for:
>Hard to install and set up
>Slow
>Experimental
>Only people on it are other like minded people
>Full of weird shit

Tor is either illegal/abhorrent content, a dead website/imageboard, or a scarcely updated technology blog, or a mixture of all of them.

I have some normalfag friends who don't believe the tales from a time it was pretty usual for 5-10 that lived in the same city to just have a meet-up

Attached: cdc.jpg (577x537, 65K)

>internet is shit now
>videogames are generic AAA corporate shit now
>comic books are full of SJW garbage now
My favorite things all went downhill fast in the last 15 years. I don't know why i continue to breathe.

Attached: 1571946583566.gif (344x338, 3.88M)

I knew people who used to be part of the same gaming community forums as me who were like pushing 40 back in 2006. I wouldn't have known had they not told me, as they weren't as obnoxious and in-your-face about everything as the post-Facebook boomers of today.

Isn't this how they claimed Epstein killed himself?

This poster is 20 or under.
Real golden age was 98 to 06.
07 to 2010 was the beginning of the end.
2010-2016 onwards has been aids.
2017 onwards has been bad too but this was around the time I unplugged out of most of the internet and closed many accounts.

...kinda like the old internet

comics are shit since the 90s user

Internet was killed the moment smartphones took over.

good job reading ED nigger feel free to stop posting gay shit any time

>2017 onwards has been bad too but this was around the time I unplugged out of most of the internet and closed many accounts

Yet you still use Sup Forums...
As I said, I'm 21. 2007-2009 had a lot of okay trolling, especially after the sonicfags and the furries, but 2010 (around the time I joined YouTube) is when we decided we weren't going to let shit slide.

decentralized social platforms are the future.

>ED
>gay
But Kiwifarms is any better, with Null being a total psychopath? No, this is MY FUCKING STORY, OF HOW I FUCKING JOINED. Shut the fuck up, and get out of here.

People (who were considered autistic retards of that era) used to have BBS and IRC meetups all the time. Now every normalfag is an actual autistic retard that doesn't do shit socially. What the fuck happened.