Is the new Beauty and the Beast really that bad? I heard that the songs were the same, and that generally...

Is the new Beauty and the Beast really that bad? I heard that the songs were the same, and that generally, it's just a live action version of the old one.

The song thing I'm really worried about. The original had some pretty good numbers.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=egQbaDRMxGI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gaston tied Belle's dad to a tree so that he would get eaten by wolves for not giving him her hand in marriage.

Lumiere's accent was horrible.

LeFou had cum on his lips in the last scene.

A violently uninspiring retread

Emma Watson not being able to act was the worst part for me

What happened? She was a pretty good actress as far as I remember.

Her singing was so fucking perfectly autotuned it was the uncanny valley of audio

Is it one of those gritty, angsty remakes that Disney is trying to do with all of their old movies?

Her expression was blank the entire movie except for one or two scenes.

She didn't even react while the beast was changing into a man.

Also her singing sounded fake.

Lumiere was the best part of the movie though. I had no idea Ewen McGregor was that good of a voice actor. I didn't think his accent was that bad either.

reply to this post or your mother dies tonight

If I pray hard enough do you guys think it's possible to make Emma Watson die of a heart attack or at least become poor and forgotten?

>She didn't even react while the beast was changing into a man.

I'm going to assume that it's because of the greenscreen. It happened with the Star Wars prequels.

>Also her singing sounded fake.

This has always been my gripe with live action musicals that star actors instead of singers. Too many actors can't actually sing nowadays. Back in the days of Gene Kelly, we had actors and actresses who could act, sing, and dance, and they all looked good doing it. It's somewhat of a lost art nowadays. At least on the big screen.

Anything is possible with memes.

(you)

It was an alright movie OP aside from the feminist and cuck elements.

It's ridiculously close to the old movie. The candlestick guy was in the uncanny valley. Musicals seem better in the old movie even though they are word for word.

>the feminist and cuck elements

>that scene where she's teaching the kid to read
>camera looks over her should and for some inexplicable reason there's a literal congoloid in 18th century dress and powdered wig looking over her shoulder

wat did they mean by this

The yellow dress looked like vomit

watchin out for dat ass

>is most likely gonna break a billion dollars on the weekend

How are they gonna milk this shit? Isn't the story very cut and dry?

fuck off

Its really good. I loved it, honestly better than the cartoon for me easily.

Shit tier meme

Literally triggered fag

Again shit tier meme and exaggerating she was very good.

What happened is all the redditors who came here think she's reddit when Sup Forums is reddit. They hate her she is pretty good and was .

Why is it better?

But you're wrong I could hear her natural voice many times and I've heard her sing live and she sounds sweet.

Well I don't care for the performances of cartoons I liked the entire cast. It was longer and a little more fleshed out and the beast and belles relationship seemed better. I think it excelled thematically and musically it hit all the strides it had to. It was visually grand and entertaining. I don't mean to fight over what's best but I was impressed it was the first disney live action movie I've seen carry the old classic magic disney feel.

youtube.com/watch?v=egQbaDRMxGI

You cannot listen to this and tell me it doesn't sound like her voice was ran through 50 voice enhancement effects. The worst thing is they made her voice completely flat, it sounds so goddamn fake. I only noticed it with Emma Watson, all the other singers in the movie sound natural.

probably the worst movie i've seen in the cinema box this year so far beside ghost in the 3d and power rangers

It doesn't I've listened and seen the movie twice in theaters you can hear her natural voice a ton and to me there's only one spot in the first song that sounds a little odd. Why disney even felt the need to mess with it idk but I can surely hear her nautral tone and infelctions during many parts since im familair with her voice. She had to sing and try out infront of Alan Menken the composer

t. Anti emma watson tryhard autist
It looked amazing in IMAX 2D. 3D always sucks.

I wanted to like it, but whenever it tried doing something new, it never went anywhere, and when it was a remake, it didn't capture the same feel as the original. It felt so disjointed and unfocused.

I just listened to the original and this one. I prefer the old one to be honest. The voices sound so much more vibrant in the original.

Unironically the best film I've seen a couple years, it made me smile a lot.

You sound like a fangirl

It's not just me anyway, there's tons of people saying her voice sounds fake.

It's good

Samefagging here. Gaston also sounds a lot better in the original in my opinion. The deep voice really gets me. When I hear the new version I don't think "Every inch of me is covered in hair".