Wew this movie was utter garbage. What a fucking waste of time

Wew this movie was utter garbage. What a fucking waste of time.
Never getting meme'd on by Sup Forums again.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zyZiiq2Up5w
indiegogo.com/projects/the-void--10#/
nicolecushing.wordpress.com/2012/06/20/lovecraft-racism-the-man-of-his-time-defense/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

prove it

You expect too much

ahahaha you fell for it

>shitty acting
>heavy-handed plot
>bad pacing
>characters are literally retarded
>sfx is really bad
>soundtrack doesn't really fit the tone

Literally none of this true.

Prove it.
They basically just took Lovecraft and went "hey let's make a shitty action movie out of this"

Do better then, dipshit

will there ever be a worth lovecraft movie or we forever stuck with in the mouth of madness

It was okay. Some cool visuals, good sfx and gore. The story was cookie cutter and I really wish they had spent more time building up and developing the characters, but I guess that wasn't really what they were going for.

Not an argument, kiddo

>he hasn't watched From Beyond or Call of Cthulhu 2005

just saw it today like most of us
he's spot on

Only thing I disagree is special effects. The only good thing about it.

>from the executive producer of the witch

don't executive producers do literally almost nothing?

>Wew this movie was utter garbage. What a fucking waste of time.
>Never getting meme'd on by Sup Forums again.

yeah, the editing alone explains why nobody worth a damn picked it up

and for all the accolades it got about practical effects, there was really only one good setpiece and a whole lot of bad

hey if I shit on something that is great then I'll fit in with the Sup Forums crowd and finally feel like I belong somewhere

your posting isn't better than mine so you can't criticize

>le not a le argument, le kiddo

The basement scene was good. I liked the monster trying to kill itself.
I wish it went more it depth with the cult thing. That aesthetic was pretty cool.
I was decent.

The daughter was pretty bad

>Sup Forumsmblr
>Movies

This. It was so fucking refreshing seeing a modern film rely entirely on practical effects rather than CGI for a change.

dumb spicerposter

Reddit: the post

the film had a budget of $82k. The movie is phenomenal considering that fact. They couldn't afford endless script rewrites that would have made the movie more coherent and the pacing more palatable, but also more formulaic and thus Hollywoodized,

$82k. They did a great job considering the limitations. Look at bullshit like The Avengers with their billion dollar budgets - the quality of The Avengers is not proportionate to its bloated budget. If Quality per Dollar could be quantified and had a catchy unit of measurement then The Void would be ranked near the top of a list of all movies.

No. Stop pretending this is Night of the Living Dead or Eraserhead. It's bad even considering the budget.

get fucked retard

you don't really know anything about movies now. I see movies being filmed literally every week for as low as half that, and they look fucking terrific. Like you're watching a goddamn coen brothers movie. This is fucking shit, shlocky shit. I know you made it but get the fuck over yourself and do better so you don't have to shill it on here

Great argument

Coen brother movies usually don't have cosmic horror elements and silent hill monsters to factor into their budgets. movies with similar styles only need a decent cinematographer and lenses. and I didn't create The Void, I just see it as a gem. Obviously it's a low budget canadian horror film won't be some lifechanging event, but if you watch the film not expecting something like that then you'd enjoy it more

whining about other people's opinions is one of the absolute lowest forms of communication. understand that opinions and subjectivity are real things and you'll be on a path to maturity.

Good post, now I relly want to see it.

I'm glad it's shit. It was getting shilled hard on here for awhile and after seeing the same OP over and over I started to want it to fail. Eh well.

>I see movies being filmed literally every week for as low as half that, and they look fucking terrific. Like you're watching a goddamn coen brothers movie.

I'm interested. Got any titles for me to look into? $40k for a film budget seems attainable if you were to crowdsource it.

Get off your high horse. Your opinions are shit and misinformed. This movie is absolutely nothing great for the budget it has.

What's the next meme horror movie? I remember seeing some boring shit about a door here and there's Kuso

nice opinions you got there. really makes me give pause and consider the bigger picture. if you're starved for attention and keep wanting (you)s let me know and I'll help a brother out

how about 3

>le le everything is subjective!
Head back to rebbit, kid.

we have the Haunting Hour tv show.

shit got lovecraftian as fuuuuck

>le reddit boogieman meme

now follow the standard operating procedure flowchart to determine your next canned response

>b-but opinions!
I don't man, you seem to be doing a good job already.

am I the human participant in the Turing test right now? you're not really making sense, like your text is being generated by a bot.

anyway, we're keeping this thread on the first page and allowing people to become aware of it. thanks for your participation.

>getting this defensive over a flick
Yeah you're absolutely right, people really to be aware how shit this movie is. Now perhaps you could take your shilling elsewhere.

>getting this offended over a flick
what a fulfilling life you must live

Good job with the baseless assumption. Be sure tto pat yourself on the back.

t. hypocrite

Sup Forums always has awful taste.

Sup Forums told me to watch Gantz O and Void. Both shit

Reddit told me to watch Logan and The Expanse. both kino

The Void is a fantastic movie, get fucked you petty nerds.

this

contrarians go to hell

>that cop getting dragged off
>that doctor getting stabbed
>that weak punch from grandpa

>those dreamworld/nightmareland visuals
>that creature headbutting the pipe
>those practical effects and creatures
>the skinless doctor
>the birthing

nothing says plebbit more than the word "lovecraftian"

boy you sure do have an unhealthy obsession over a website

one of the worst "arguments" to make.

>budget of $82k
>phenomenal considering that fact

and howabout if we dont consider it? you're telling me that it RELIES on the audience knowing the budget in order for it to be "phenomenal"?

>quality per dollar

jesus christ. if anyone actually bases their opinion on a movie over the fucking budget, you should really stop watching movies.

a budget doesnt fucking matter! it doesnt determine if the movie is enjoyable or not! what matters is the actual fucking movie itself. you either like it or you dont.
and if you actually watch a movie, form an opinion about it, then the opinion actually CHANGES once you learn what the budget is, then you're a complete fucking idiot.

Fucking white girl nurse is ruining it for me right now. She couldn't act her way out of a placenta jesus fucking christ.

>a budget doesnt fucking matter!
yeah, it matters. and it's discussed often. between adam sandler films costing a few million, to marvel/dc films costing a billion.

it won't determine if a movie is good or not, but "good" is a combination of the story, plot, casting, acting, visuals, cinematography, etc. and visuals can be one of the more expensive parts of a film, so a film's budget determines quite a bit. and when you see the visuals of this movie, the 82k budget is a surprising figure. I've got the feeling you're an angry simpleton so I don't think this sort of topic is something you should be allowed to discuss.

Someone explain the last 10 fucking minutes for me
> Tackle dude into the portal
> Mute guy survives by jumping out of a wall portal or some shit
>Cop dude is on some barren planet looking at a triangle
The fug

Doctor/Priest is forced into the void. His power no longer present on Earth causes that place in the basement, that place that shouldn't exist, to no longer exist. It closes up and crushes that monster as the mute escapes. Cop is now in the void world. Doctor/Priest corrupting his wife/using her in a ritual would have caused her to be sent there.

Just my guesses

Just watched it and thought it wasn't bad

pleb filter

Liked the opening credit music/imagery

I didnt hate it, was good dumb fun, wasnt expecting anything major going in and wasnt totally disappointed, nothing perfect, but fun gore

I can see people having a problem with the pacing and acting
and also the ending

Was it "pure cosmic dread?"

It's sad that it's going to become one of "those" films.

It did a fine enough job for what it set out to do, but was nothing special. A perfunctory Outer Limits episode.

>nothing special
we need to have a talk

I liked it :(

Cop was the worst actor on the entire planet. The chink and practical effects were the only good thing about this film.

>expecting trippy clever lovecraftian horror
>standard paint by number body horror zombies

Heavy Beyond the Black Rainbow vibes. Great visuals but a lacking story. The visions of the void were especially reminiscent of "the incident in 1966"

youtube.com/watch?v=zyZiiq2Up5w

>ahahaha you fell for it

>the film had a budget of $82k

nah, that was just what they bilked off idiots on their indiegogo, and it was just to do more with the creature effects

total budget was in the single-digit millions

>whining about other people's opinions is one of the absolute lowest forms of communication

then you could try not doing it

>we have the Haunting Hour tv show.
>shit got lovecraftian as fuuuuck

"lovecraftian" is rapidly approaching "racist" for this millennia's lost-all-meaning award

Just came here to say this movie is pretty bad. I appreciated some of the visuals (good job fx guys), but that's the only nice thing I can say. Eh.

indiegogo.com/projects/the-void--10#/

>Help us build monsters for the original horror film THE VOID.

>If the project doesn't reach it's funding goal, will THE VOID still get made?

>Failing to reach our goal won't prevent us from making the film, it will merely limit the scope of the creature effects we are envisioning

they also haven't fulfilled any of the campaign rewards, if the comments are anything to go by

Lovecraft+Body horror

It takes some of the metaphysical complexity out of Lovecraft in favor of gross out scares.

But it is still fun to watch. Fuck all you niggers desu

An offering for all you anons feeling unclean after watching The (a)Void. Perhaps it will lift your spirits.

Lovecraft was a racist you fucking idiot. In fact that's where a lot of the stories came from, him being fearful of foreigners. Hell, he evened owned a cat who he named Nigger.

Literally Dagon you fucking cunt. It's shadow over innsmouth but tweaked in a few scenes.

So is it my fault or the movies that I didn't know what the fuck was going on

the pacing was weird but I still knew what was going on most of the time

i don't think you understand most words

Not an argument.

it was shit tho

rip ronnie peppers

neither was yours, and it was profoundly irrelevant to the post you were quoting

Yup, it's just advertising for shitty indie devs.

>In fact that's where a lot of the stories came from, him being fearful of foreigners.

Apart from Herbert West—Reanimator and one throwaway line in The Horror at Red Hook (that was probably written by his Jewish wife anyway), that's not accurate.

the movie has nice effects and a great look to it but a lot about the story is just spooky for the sake of being spooky and it gets a little lame and feels forced at times. it doesnt add anything.

meme'd by Sup Forums

you mean shilled by Sup Forums? the daily posts for this movie were probably the most obvious case of shilling i've ever seen on this place.

But that's wrong, his xenophobia is well known and totally informed his writing.

It's fine, fun enough to watch, has some great moments but I can totally understand if it doesnt do anything for you

if you're looking for something to scratch that lovecraftian itch then this isnt the movie for you

>appeal to authority/agrumentum ad populum

he wrote thousands of letters about where he got his ideas. they came from his dreams. not what was at the time bog-standard racism. you're looking back 100 years and assuming that anyone who vocally disliked black people must have been so consumed by it that it inspired him to write horror stories about evil outsiders. don't be educated stupid. 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner rotation of earth.

Fuck off

This dude went into rages whenever he saw a black person so of course this would imprint on his unconscious. Lovecraft's racism was way above and beyond what was socially acceptable for the time; he was physically sickened by black people.

>If writers are all just “men or women of their time”, then we’d probably, according to conventional wisdom, expect Poe (a writer born almost a century before Lovecraft, raised in the antebellum South – hell, in the future capital of the Confederacy – by a merchant who traded in slaves) to write stories even more filled with racist sentiment. And yet, I’ve yet to find any overt racism in Poe’s work at all

>Lovecraft, on the other hand, seems positively obsessed with the theme of white supremacy, taking opportunities to shoe-horn it into stories even when it’s completely unnecessary. There’s no narrative reason Lovecraft had to name the cat in “The Rats in the Walls” after a racist slur, or depict Buck Robinson in the degrading, animalistic way in which he did. These references are wholly gratuitous, apparently for Lovecraft’s own amusement and what he may have fancied to be the amusement of his audience

nicolecushing.wordpress.com/2012/06/20/lovecraft-racism-the-man-of-his-time-defense/

film was a piece of crap

very good looking piece of crap tho

not an argument

How good is that show?

Reminded me a lot of Hellraiser, I loved it

>they also haven't fulfilled any of the campaign rewards, if the comments are anything to go by

Give them a break, the film was just released, they will get around to it