Talk to me Sup Forums

talk to me Sup Forums

I gotta get a tooth pulled tomorrow. everyone keeps saying "it doesn't hurt its just pressure" but wtf does that really mean? is this going to suck? what about after?

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 63K)

I have had 4 teeth pulled, once you get the novocaine you don't feel anything.

i didn't feel shit before or after

When I had a tooth pulled, it didn't hurt, a day later it was kind of sore but taking ibuprofen cleared that up.

You don’t feel anything but you will after. Not to mention the horrible blood clots in your mouth. It’s disgusting

The local anesthetic removes the sensation of pain, but you will still feel the sensation of the tooth being pulled out.

thanks anons, doc gave me triazolam to take before the appointment, not sure what it'll do but sure I'm in

im missing 5 teeth, it only hurts while the dentist is pulling it out. as soon as its out thats it. and maybe a kittle blood but thats it

It doesn't hurt. Pulling the tooth out severs the nerve that's currently transmitting pain to your brain because the flesh around it is inflamed.

i think that's just for anxiety not pain

just for a little levity

Attached: 180qg0.jpg (666x500, 90K)

Got a huge wisdom tooth removed a month ago and I'll say the pain after the shots wore off was excruciating but once I got codeine there was no issue, now the pocket is what's scary not the pain. No straws and no solids, and even after the first week food gets stuck in that pocket, rinse with salt water after every meal

who needs Google, I've got you

The tooth isn't being so much pulled as it is being cut. You're going to feel some pain when the anesthetic wears off, but if your tooth is so bad off that it needs to be completely removed instead of canalled and capped then that pain'll be minor to what you'd likely be feeling a few months from now if it's left in.

The only 'painful' thing would be if the tooth fragments when being removed. If that's the case then you'll likely have some small peices that'll be a bit painful until they eventually get pushed out.

yeah currently I can pop my gums like a zit, gross but satisfying

Hurts after, during is more of a psychological thing, have you had dreams where your teeth fall out painlessly? It's stressful but not painful.

yeah that sweet prickly pain

It will hurt afterwards, it will slowly arise as the novocain says bye bye.

They should give you pain killers. Sleep on a towel with a trash bag under it so you dont get blood on your pillow or bed. Dont suck on anything for think it's a few days. Like hard candy or try to use a straw. Dont spit, just open your mouth and let it pour out.

They should give instructions but dont be afraid to ask, they are there to help you.

Few days you will be fine, tender but you will be fine.

so is gas still a thing or am I just getting a needle?

Only thing you really need to watch out for is the dentist shoving his dick in your mouth.

I've had one pulled and it was fucking awful but it was negligence on my dentist part gave me some shots and some gas and went to do another patient and the numbing shots practically wore off and the gas just made me dizzy it was the worst thing in the world I was I think 19 or 18 at the time and didn't say anything just wanted to go home and practically cried because of the way she just ripped it out I could hear and feel it crack and break out of my mouth so now ever since then the next two teeth I fucked up I saved for the root canal instead of pulling it just in case

Worst part about it is the long ass needle

More than likely a needle, had wisdom pulled. Don't put up with them saying you don't feel anything.

You feel even a breeze on the gum. Let them know right away. Once they start work, it's best to not stop and wait. And dont want to sit there playing the waiting game and don't want to sit there having tooth work performed.

you're a cool ass group of mother fuckers, who wants to play some cod?

I had teeth pulled for braces and I have no recollection whatsoever.

gas is for kids and surgeries. you're getting the needle.

how the fuck do you play with a fish?

call of duty