Losing 3 super bowls

>losing 3 super bowls
>GOAT

Other urls found in this thread:

bleacherreport.com/articles/2356830-jerry-rice-admits-to-using-illegal-stickum-on-gloves-during-career
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>2 super bowls against the bungles

>losing 2 superbowls to Eli Manning

>losing twice to the 6th ranked QB all time in passing yards

>if you win your conference fewer times, you win

right, suddenly 5 conference championships is better than 8

>losing twice to Eli Manning

Post QBs who haven't lost three owls

this is a neat post. it also works for "Post QB's who haven't won 5 Owls"

yeah I'm sure everybody is real impressed by Jim Kelly and his four conference championship rings.

5 owls > 4 owls
8 conf > 4 conf

You literally just lost to Nick Foles.

He also wasn't cucked by Eli twice and a Backup QB like Tom Feces has lmao

Someone lost to Trent Dilfer once too

Brady didn't.

>Brady throws for more yards in the iggles game than Montana did for 3 superb owls
Really makes the ole noodle kaboodle

Lost to Craig Morton (who?) in 1977 playoffs.

Why does Sup Forums suck the cocks of quarterbacks so much? You know there are other players on these teams too, right?
>hurr [QB] beat [QB]
that's not how it works you retards

>having sticky rings

bleacherreport.com/articles/2356830-jerry-rice-admits-to-using-illegal-stickum-on-gloves-during-career

Brady put up better numbers than nick Foles did in every aspect of being a QB, but the patriots Defense let Foles go to town.

I mean for fuck sakes Montana never had a 400 yard game in any of the superbowls he won, Brady's out here throwing 500+ yards with 0 interceptions and the defense can't get that QB a win?

It's a team game, but when you look at the QB role, you look down in all of Brady's performances, his best is hands down better than Montana in every way.

Americans are legitimately fucking retarded

lol pats fans complaining about cheating

right. when Sup Forums comes and shills qb's outside of the top 17 in career passing yards

Wow I'm Tom Brady now

>Spygate
>Deflategate
We dindu nuffin!!!!

>hurr durr
>The G.O.A.T.'s brother is an all-time great

>using the word shills about sports

Like, Montana's rings are deserved and the 80s and 90s was a different NFL, in a different era with a less heavy pass focus league but even then you could blame literally anyone else on the patriots team more then Tom Brady for that loss.

The quarterback who led the most memorable comeback in NFL history just one year ago had now mustered the greatest individual performance in Super Bowl history on Sunday night, if not league history, and somehow it was not enough. He carried New England on a night when its defense was a failure, when the run game was an afterthought, when a usually reliable kicker came up empty. Brady single-handedly ripped to shreds what had been considered one the league's premier defenses, but even his heroics (28 of 48 for 505 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions, while throwing for over 100 yards to three different pass catchers) could not carry New England to a sixth Lombardi Trophy.

and those yards mean absolutely jack shit when Brady got into the end zone three times and Foles got into the end zone four times. Dumb stats babby

>hurr durr
>accomplishing something only 8 other people have ever done isn't noteworthy

pat fans are truly the worst

name a soldier from any war, now name a general

that's a stupid analogy and you should kill yourself

and he had trouble beating Jake Delhomme who was also a backup

not that guy but it really isn't

a backup that everyone knew was going to become the franchise

if he was good he wouldn't have fumbled

if tom brady was good his defense wouldn't have allowed 41 points.

33 is the most points ever scored by a losing team in a super bowl

yeah but it's JAKE DELHOMME
he was the worst QB Brady faced in an Owl

desu brady didn't have much to do with JAKE DELHOMME racking up 323 yards and 3TD

why did they pull that stat out of their asses?
the most points scored by the loser before was 29 by the Panthers and literally nobody cared cause Jake Delhomme did it
he threw an interception

holy shit not an interception!

brady is literally the messi of handegg

irrelevant systembabby trashdog

because nobody should have to score 42 points to win a super bowl. his defense completely let him down.

8 SB appearances with 5 wins is better than 4 appearances 4 wins. Montana lost multiple times in the NFC conference finals, including 13-15 to the Giants, so much for being clutch he couldn't even put up 2 TDs with Jerry Rice on his team.

>Rams
>eagles
>Panthers
>falcon
>Seahawks
Yeah, totes legit

> does ads for sketchers
> goat

Nah he's CR7

Considered the GOAT by 16 yo casuals, vain and degenerate, never faced adversity by riding it out on a stacked team.

CR7 is a bit more of a cuck though. Also they both do that stupid "InitialsNumber" brand shit.

If my team was going into the Superbowl, I would choose Montana in a heart beat. I want the best quarterback who I know will win the most important game of the season

> I want the best quarterback who I know will win the most important game of the season

please explain his 3 first round exits

3 losses is further proof of how garbage the post 2000 afc has been. It’s been 3 teams at best, 1 at worst like this year.

sorry, his three *consecutive* first round exits. the ones that included games that were 49-3 and 17-3

Yet he lost many times when his team was close enough to win, like when he lost 13-15 to the Giants in the NFC conference finals. Your reasoning is piss poor. Tom Brady has the most game winning drives in history including 5 in the super bowl.

And that wouldn't be Montana.

>only 8
>8
>when nearly every single passing record was set within the last 5 years

good bait. you earned this (You). cherish it for i have no more to give you.

Just doing quick math here but how does he have 5 Super Bowl game winning drives when he knelt after the Seahawks blew it at the goalline?

one of those he went out at halftime from a concussion, against what is considered one of the best NFL teams of all time

it was already 28-3 at half

nobody's ever come back from 28-3?

Not Joe Montana

>Dec. 7, 1980 vs. the New Orleans Saints
Before he won the Super Bowl, Montana authored the greatest comeback in NFL history at that time. And it was also his first. The 49ers trailed the visiting Saints by 28 points at halftime. But Montana rallied the 49ers with a rushing touchdown, two touchdown passes and a scoring drive to send the game into overtime. The 49ers got field goal from Ray Wersching for the win.

a game winning drive doesn't have to be the last drive of the game. they just mean drives in the 4th quarter that give their team a lead that is never relinquished.

ah, yes, the regular season

against a 1-15 team

Worthless individual stat considering your own defense can take it away from you

agreed. but it's how they measure it

I don't think they moved the goalposts at all. World of difference between regular seasons and playoffs, especially against a non-playoff team.

>he's never made a comeback like 28-3
>no, that game doesnt count

Coming back against the NFC champ down 28-3 at half in the super bowl is muuuuch hard than 28-0 against a 1-15 team. It's 3 points ffs

Correct. A regular season comeback against a 1-15 team does not count when you want to imply he could do the same against Da Bears.

wasnt referring to the Bears, it was against the giants

>losing earlier in the playoffs somehow makes you better

losing in the Superbowl or losing earlier in the playoffs is the same thing. its still losing. Again, I would want the quarterback who can guarantee a superbowl win

wow this looks like my boss at work, who is coincidentally an Eagles fan.

>Losing in the NFC Divisional Round and/or NFC Conference Championship is better than losing in the Super Bowl

is he hannah montanas dad?

>Jerry "Stickum" Rice
>Montana has admitted his offensive linemen sprayed their jerseys with silicon to make them slippery
But hey, go ahead and think you're the GOAT. Btw, if you mention Spygate or Deflategate as "cheating" I'm more than ready to explain to you why you're wrong.

It was cheating you dumb faggot

It was not. Thinking Spygate or Deflategate were cheating shows you don't know shit about what Spygate or Deflategate were about.

kek, hes that "fan" who loves goodell's taint.
thats a good soy boy, suck his balls harder.

it was 100% cheating. if you're doing shit you're not allowed to do then it's cheating. "spygate" was cheating, but inconsequential. deflategate was debunked. But in any case, if you're in pro sports or business or anything like that and you're not willing to do anything to win, you're in the wrong fucking business

Lmao at that cuck wearing 5 rings, what’s the 5th one a participation award?

Deflategate was at best a smear campaign by Roger Goodell (a former Jets intern and public relations assistant) because he was butthurt that the Patriots made it to another Super Bowl.

Furthermore, it raises one very specific question about that AFC Championship Game that possibly undermines the legitimacy of the NFL as a whole: are the referees so incompetent that they are unable to detect improperly inflated footballs? It seems to me a better direction to point blame would be them since they're being paid to spot this kind of shit, and since they routinely handled the footballs the entire first half and didn't notice anything was wrong or change any balls I'd argue they're either incapable of performing the job they're being paid to do or the footballs were within the legal PSI range. That's of course not even mentioning the fact that the second half was played with different footballs and the Colts ended up getting demolished in the 2nd half as well. Furthermore, it took over 100 days of investigation to come to the conclusion that there was no evidence to support tampering. Not cheating, and several former players have openly talked about how they prefer slightly deflated footballs.

Spygate wasn't about filming the calls of opposing teams, it was about filming the calls of opposing teams in unsanctioned locations. Filming the game as it's happening and opposing signals is completely legal and has been common practice among all NFL teams for decades. It's up to the teams to make sure their signals and calls are properly encrypted to delay code cracking. Not cheating. Never was, never will be.

Get fucked, eat shit, stay mad.

>in unsanctioned locations
so cheating then

Literally Hitler

The cool thing about Terry is he doesn't have all these photoshoots of him showing off the rings like you see with Montana and Brady. Shows some humility.

>I mean for fuck sakes Montana never had a 400 yard game in any of the superbowls he won
Playing against tougher defenses will do that.

>Literally won an owl with a score of 55-10

Yea, tough defence right there.

>Deflategate was at best a smear campaign by Roger Goodell
Wrong. It was a battle of egos. Goodell told the Patriots to submit and initially they refused. Goodell then got pissy and got them to fall back in line. It's why Goodell reacted so personally and avoided the Patriots for months even after the rulings.

When you're unbeatable in Super Bowls, shit like that tends to happen.

>passing yards
So Brees is the GOAT?

You tend to stay undefeated when you play against shit teams in the owl.

>Making 8 Owls
>Winning 5
>Somehow worse than not making the Owl at all
This is what retards actually believe. I'd rather my team be in the big game and lose than get BTFO in the first or second round.

Even with all those yards Brady threw to nobody/ground so many times. Eagles defense fell apart towards the end and let him throw a bunch of hail marys that should have been picked. The Eagles are lucky the game ended when it did but Brady was ass for 75% of the game.

>shit teams

Not even a 49er fan but they played against...

Ken Anderson (MVP)
Marino (HoFer)
Esiason (MVP)
Elway (HoFer)

Brady got

Warner (HoFer)
Delhomme (LOL)
McNabb (MVP)
Eli x2 (LOL)
Wilson (At the time a Lynch babby)
Ryan (MVP)
Foles (LOL)

Brady had more breaks than Montana did.

The 5th ring on Montana's hand is his college championship ring.

Brady has won 5 Super Bowls.

Brady > Montana. Always.