How long do you guys think humanity has left?

How long do you guys think humanity has left?

Attached: 1447415537222.jpg (500x384, 46K)

10 years ?

a good few thousand more years, maybe more than that if we colonize other planets

27 hours, if my plans aren't thwarted.

Dont get my hopes up jackass

Do you think we'll manage that in time before we go extinct?

we've managed for over 10,000 years I don't see how we couldn't manage for a few thousand more

The future isn't bright, tho. Lands are dying and there are way too many of us, growing at an alarming rate.

even if there is a huge event that wipes out most of humanity we would still survive, the weak would die and the strong will survive, it has always been like that

>thwarted
when you use that word, you know your plans will be thwarted, and probably by something like a stupid sentient goat or something too

It's not the weak vs the strong user, it's not the smart vs the stupid either. It's the most adaptable and responsive to change that survives. Small pockets would survive, some fully prepped advanced military bunker shit from every nation, some dumb eskimos that are out harm's way, a brazilian rain forest village, a pocket of subsaharan african pygmies who haven't seen other humans in 5 years. That sort of thing. Strong & weak may have absolutely nothing to do with it. It's 50% dumb luck and 50% who adapts quickly and appropriately to the changes.

Attached: 1570484210734.jpg (457x480, 42K)

Fuck. I've heard that sentient goat is the GOAT. He better not meddle with me.

About 100 years till the world looks as run-down as it does in the movie Elysium, but without the space habitat for the few to go with it. Another 100 after that till Mr Fermi Paradox Of The Clean Celestial Graveyard has finished his work.

until 2050, we're already circling the behavioral sink

Who cares?

Ive foreseen it Cyborg jesus is waiting on the other side of the singularity

send the extras to moon and mars

>Another 100 after that till Mr Fermi Paradox Of The Clean Celestial Graveyard has finished his work.
Ah but how many graves are out there now? A dozen? A million? Will we be the first? Or is it just Drake?

Did they give cyborg jesus blue eyes or brown?

red eyes he was way angrier

The "great filter" is approaching. We will become a statistical result of the Fermi paradox

rolllllll

July seventeenth two thousand seventeen

sorry wrong thread lol

Funny you should ask, thinking about this lately, it depends, but could happen in a flash, I think if the supply chain (food, fuel, other essentials) was disrupted or stopped, a matter of weeks before all kind of chaos erupted.

I was living in Pac Nor west last 15 years on acreage, had things, pretty well laid out for a long term survival strategy (minus a nuclear winter of course), but have relo'd to large North East city and there ain't no way I"ve got that here.

checked

u r fucked now m8, even if you could gtfo in time where would you go? cant just run out innawoods with guns ammo and a can of beans...

Currently there are 3 other species advanced enough for written language in our galaxy, 1 of which has roughly comparable industry. About 20,000 have come and gone.

It died like 20 years ago where have you been?

Ah, and what is the typical tipping point in progress/industry/tech where they accidentally suicide themselves?