Playing meme QB

>Playing meme QB
>Are forced to punt zero (0) times in the Super Bowl
>Still lose
How can anyone unironically defend Brady as the GOAT now? Look, he is a great QB under Belichick...but so was Matt Cassell. I think its time we come to the realization that the Patriots has the fortune of inflating their record via the AFC Least and having the commissioner and referees slobber over their mass market appeal. From a football perspective literally no argument exists in brady's favor at this point.
>In b4 people ignore what just transpired hours ago

Brady could very easily be 3-5 in the Super Bowl if Pete Carroll didn't make one of the worst calls in the history of sports and Atlanta didn't like to choke on big dicks.

>literally no argument exists in brady's favor
5 owls, 8 total owl appearances
number one playoff passing yards, TD's, wins, and games played
#4 in career regular season passing yards, passes completed, and passes attempted
#3 in career passing TD's, and passer rating

And 3 of those loses come at the hands of literal horrific, god awful, meme QBs in Eli and Foles.

Patriots are a mediocre team with an outstanding offense powered by the GOAT quarterback and his system of great receivers. The Patriots lost due to their horrible, nonexistent defense that forced zero punts and turnovers.

>The "Greatest of all time" losing three Super Bowls to terrible QBs
>The "Greatest of all time" not being #1 in career regular season passing yards, passes completed, and passes attempted
>The "Greatest of all time" not being #1 in career passing TD's, and passer rating
Thanks for making my argument for me
>

he could be 2-6 if Kasay didn't spill his spaghetti at the end of 38

No QB is #1 in any of those categories. Are you implying that there is no greatest QB of all time?

>abysmal defense by patriots
>12 has one of the most impressive playoff passing games of all time
>HURR DURRR ALL BRADYS FAULT AHAHAHAHAH NOT GOAT NOT GOAT

>players wide open all the time
>HURR DURR BRADY DA GOAT
3/4ths of Brady's throws are always to wide open receivers that anyone of us could throw to

Eli is going to the HOF

>Abysmal defense by the Eagles
>Literally zero forced punts
>Wide open receivers all game
>Still lose and manage to blame others
Try again sweetie

>H-HE LOST 3

um....YOUR teams Qb hasnt even been in 3

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

i thought this was one of the top defenses in the league? Oops, so was Jacksonville. How does your narrative work?

>/r/NYGiants

Who's the GOAT then, OP?

I expect a response OP (^:

I've never seen more delusion than the Brady haters. You faggots make libs look reasonable.

Nah, he doesn't like to respond to people who actually make valid points.

why does that matter?
the Pats receivers are really good at getting open
Brady has no control over that

Not even Eli thinks he's going to the HOF.

he'll probably make it in due to longevity and politics

>Brady isn't good it's his receivers!
>patriots have highest receiver turnover in league, literally replace fuckers when Kraft's wallet gets tight
>Brady dominant through generations of receivers coming and going
Yea, your argument isn't flawed at all.

Hey op

I said i EXPECT fucking response you pussy, you seriously cant nut up and hit the post button? Lmdao crackers on some dummy shit

>receivers come into the Pats system
>are good cause of the Pats system
>HURR BRADY DA GOAT
Brady's a system babby m8

>It's Brady's fault the Eagles put up 42 points

Brady is now officially 4-4 in Super Bowls (the Pete Carroll debacle no longer counts).

So, how the heck is he the GOAT? I would even put Steve Young ahead of him. Yes, Steve Young.

>I would even put Steve Young ahead of him. Yes, Steve Young.
That's because you're mentally challenged, user.

So you're arguing belichick is a GOAT developer and Brady is just riding his coat tails? After tonight, that's your argument?

>also, literal who's playing wideout, some who had zero success with other teams
>end up with pats aka Brady
>turn into top tens magically
Either you're arguing receivers somehow join the patriots and develop into superstars, or they shine because their QB is Tom Brady. Wonder which one most analysts would side with...

>best coach of all time
>implying he cant find a way to properly utilize his players
also
>the entire team is a Gronk babby

>Seattle doesn’t count
That’s funny, if that one doesn’t count then what is this?

>it isn't b-b-brady, it's the receivers
>wait no belichick
>wait hang on its "half the time I'm outski" Gronkowski!!

yeah, to see his brother’s induction

This is what you P*tsfags get for trying to make Bombston's success all about Brady. If you really wanna give him full credit for all 5 rings and make him out to be some kind of GOAT then you have give him a bigger share of responsibility for the team's shortcomings. Can't have it both ways.

If Seattle doesn't count hes 4-3.

The argument has, and always will be, that Brady is the cornerstone of a dynasty, the greatest to ever play the game, and a dominant force on the field. Of course he's accountable for some mistakes out there, but any moron could see tonight that the Pats' defense failed them, not Brady. If he was offensively a dud tonight, it would be reasonable to lay blame at his feet, but the dude fucking broke an all-time record for passing yards in a playoff game. How on earth is he responsible for the defense letting 41 points go unanswered?

How is punting zero times a bad thing you fucking mouth-breathing autist?

Even removing the failed game-winning drive, the offense, led by Brady, left at least 8 points on the field. That's the difference between a loss and a tie in this game. It's fine if you want to reduce the blame he gets during losses, but then you also have to acknowledge the contributions made by the rest of the team during wins. Brady defenders have two choices: they can either act like Super Bowls are a measure of individual achievement, in which case this is a stain on Brady's legacy, or they can finally admit that rings are a team achievement, which diminishes the value of his previous wins. Either way tonight damages his legacy from an objective point of view, there's really no debating it.

It isn't a bad thing. Brady had the benefit of going against a defense that shit the bed, forced zero punts, and yet still lost.
You need to go back

objectively correct.
> 1 sack all game
> 1 turn over a piece
> 4 games of yards thrown

both D's were absolutely shit. why bother with these fags which honestly think either team played well on d.

Forgot the drive that ended on downs and the drive that went to the half. Tons of points left on the field.

>GOAT quarterback
>has the final possession of the owl with 1 min left and a timeout
>can't even get near the red zone
kek

this is a retarded argument. how do you leave points on the field, please tell me in a way with zero subjective elements.

Of course Brady isn't solely accountable, fuckstick. The dude is one player on a team, he just happens to be the most important, and often clutch, player that the sport has ever witnessed. Your argument only works if you assume Brady should be knocked down a rung as "only one man" while all the other competitors for GOAT remain the same. If we view every player in football as a part of the whole, and consider the GOAT to be the individual who has impacted their team's success the most with consistent, exceptional play, then Brady is STILL the GOAT, because everyone else is accountable to the same rule.

He's the greatest to play the position, and probably the greatest to play the sport.

Sure as fuck couldn't find a way to utilize Malcolm Butler after watching Rowe get burned repeatedly.

And he could be 8-0 with a perfect season if Wes Welker and Asante Samuel weren't choke artists and Bill wasn't a fucking idiot who couldn't Nick Foles.

No, Pats fans are so desperate to make Brady the GOAT that they act like he won all 5 rings singlehandedly, in the process downplaying or completely ignoring the contributions of the other 52 players on the team. If Brady's going to get such a central role, then his portion of the blame needs to be bigger when he loses. Yes, the defense shat the bed, but as said, Brady still had the opportunity to win the game and he didn't.

Anyone requiring speculation in their argument is immediately invalid unless just doing it to fuck around.

>f we view every player in football as a part of the whole, and consider the GOAT to be the individual who has impacted their team's success the most with consistent, exceptional play, then Brady is STILL the GOAT, because everyone else is accountable to the same rule.
But you have absolutely no evidence for your claim that Brady impacted his team more or less than any other player. There's far more evidence that Brady's had LESS of an impact on the Patriots' success. Again, you're retroactively using the Patriots' TEAM achievements as a measure of Brady's individual merit.

your proof is a statement by another user which doesn't make sense?

>I'm going to pretend that the fumble was Brady's fault entirely, not a crumbling O-line.
>I'm also going to pretend that Brady hasn't made clutch, game winning plays in the past. That has never happened. Ever. Not once. No record of it. He's certainly never led multiple game-winning drives that are borderline superhuman. Nope. Nuh-uh.

>implying Foles wasn't amazing and clutch as fuck

"Doesn't make sense" is not an argument. Made sense to me.

>adding another silver medal diminishes the value of your golds

Haters gonna hate, you can believe anything if you're motivated enough. That's your prerogative, but from the perspective of a reasonable person he is head and shoulders the best quarterback to ever play the position.

tell me objectively what leaving points on the field is. zero subjective elements. it's a meme argument which is an opinion.

Are you really too stupid to see the blatant contradictions in what you're saying here? You blame the O-line for "crumbling" during this drive, but for EVERY OTHER TIME when the line does its job well and holds up, it's Brady making the "superhuman" comeback. The double standard is so fucking obvious, I'm flabbergasted that you dickriders don't see it

So who would you argue has allowed Brady to shine so brightly, when the team experiences turnover more than any others? Just blind, 20-year luck I'm guessing? Or coaching? That certainly was on display this evening, when he threw for 500 yards despite Patricia's piss-poor defensive coaching, or Belichick's retarded decision to bench Butler.

Also, apply this standard of judgment to every other potential GOAT, and tell me who is better than Brady.

>Brady's fumble came on the final drive for the Pats

....It's not subjective. The offense left points on the field. That is a fact.

>Also, apply this standard of judgment to every other potential GOAT, and tell me who is better than Brady.
You're the one who made the initial claim, bud. Burden's on you.

Lmao this is pathetic, the Eagles defensive line is absolutely ridiculous and stacked to the brim, they were kept in check almost all night long except those final few plays and Brady completely folded under pressure, it was pathetic

m8, you just exactly made it your opinion. define left points on the field. that's all you have to do, define it in an objective way.

>being this idiotic
It's Brady LEADING the superhuman comeback. Again, it doesn't matter how you frame it. Either we give Brady sole accountability, and we apply the same scrutiny to EVERY other GOAT candidate, or we assume Brady is a very important part of a dominant team, and apply the same scrutiny to EVERY other GOAT. Either fucking way you frame it, he's the greatest QB to ever play the sport, and possibly the greatest period.

Imagine being so braindead you still say a QB lost to another QB as if they arm wrestle during the game to determine the winner

You're being unreasonable. It is unreasonable to expect an immaculate performance. Tom did his job and then some, Bill didn't do his. It would not have been hard to properly match up Gilmore on Jeffery and to have played. He's a fucking retard and cost Tom the game. This loss has nothing to do with Tom.

It's a common fucking phrase, what do you mean "define" it? How do you know this little about football?

not user you are arguing with. but he got the ball to the endzone on the final play of the game. what crumbled?

Not playing butler on defense.

Playing Rowe, who got DESTROYED all game.

Offensive line BARELY holding together, quick release brady saved them all night until the end.

NO pressure on foles, Easy passes all night.

Could not stop the run at all until late.

Missed pat. Missed Field goal.

Multiple dropped passes from even the great Gronk

Cooks out early in the game.

Brady even inaccurate sometimes (mostly under pressure by just a 4 rush)

Trick plays go wrong for patriots, good for eagles.

Brady STILL made plenty of throws when he needed to make them.

But his defense was shredded in multiple ways

Why no butler? Why not remove Rowe when he obviously could not cover. Not only letting people open, but not making quick tackles.

>I don't have anyone, the post.

m8, all things have definitions. even catch, while stupid, has a very specific definition. left points on the field, last chance, define exactly what it means.
> they gave 110% out there
meme.
> left points on the field
meme

>Brady sole accountability, and we apply the same scrutiny to EVERY other GOAT candidate, or we assume Brady is a very important part of a dominant team,
These aren't assumptions, they're things you have to prove, and you still haven't done so. It's beyond idiotic to assume that every player at every position is of equal importance on every team.

Exclude the Hail Mary to his freak receiver he relied on for an entire drive this time

So you're saying Brady LET Graham get to him and smack his arm during the play? Fucking brilliant.

Goddamn, I'm not even a Patriots' fan. I was overjoyed another team got to take the spotlight, but fuck if I won't be rooting for the Pats from here on out just knowing morons like you are out there.

I'm not being unreasonable. I'm simply giving Brady as big a role in a loss as most Pats fans give him in a win. Sorry if logical consistency bothers you.
I'm done talking to you, you can't just dismiss terms you don't like as a "meme" and expect anyone to take you seriously

I'm not going to say your wrong, I will say requiring the exclusion of something does not prove you right.

It's not my job to disprove a claim you never supported in the first place.

zero definitions. nice meme argument

Brady was under pressure less than the average QB who plays against the Eagles BY FAR, he had his 3rd lowest game of adjusted completion all year and had 2 picks dropped by the Eagles, it please look at 505 yards and think he did everything

>you have to prove
It has been proven, countless times by individuals far more qualified than you, who point out that a combination of achievements by the Patriots as a dynasty, coupled with the countless records Brady has broken, indicate he is an essential and valuable part of the team. It's also been proven by literally every player in the NFL, who almost universally deem him the greatest to ever play the game, and the commentators, who also repeatedly label him the greatest, or at the very least one of the all-time greats.

So yes, it's been proven, as much as anyone can prove a label where hundreds of stats are applied alongside achievements, both individual and team-based. Only an idiot would argue otherwise, but here we are.

beat a shitty eagles and Panthers. falcons, rams and Seahawks.

never beat a prime packers, cowboys 49ers

>Appeal to authority
>No citations
I accept your surrender
Small side note: There's one player who's repeatedly denied Brady is the GOAT: Tom Brady.

>still hasn't listed anyone more qualified to be called the GOAT.

I don't see it as folding under the pressure, Graham just made a really good play.

holy shit transitive property of football! nice!!

inb4 "HIS LINE DIDNT BLOCK WELL ENOUGH FOR HIM"
bradytards are fucking deluded

Brady had 6 other plays outside of that one and did nothing except check down to Gronk or go incomplete

If you can't define a phrase simply then you obviously don't understand it.

BECAUSE IT'S NOT MY FUCKING JOB, FUCKWIT. You have done absolutely nothing to support your claim that Brady is the GOAT. You haven't shown how exactly he's contributed to his team more than other greats throughout history. You have to do that FIRST because YOU'RE the one making the argument, not me.

that's not transitive property. that's lucking out and never having to face any of the historically great nfc teams in their prime

I can define it fucking easily: the offense had the opportunity to score additional points and didn't. That other user understood exactly what the fuck I was saying but he feigned ignorance since he knew I was correct and it destroyed his entire argument. That's giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming he's not unironically braindead.

The first was hit away by Amendola and the 2nd wouldn't have mattered if he caught it because he had to jump out of bounds to reach it

>oh gosh, everyone who is worth acknowledging says he's the GOAT, citing the same reasons I'm arguing against like an absolute tool
>but I, a random retard on an egyptian hieroglyphics board, have made all these absurd counter-points, so therefore I win.

If you actually watched football you would not need a citation.

Sage.

what? he got like 450 yards and 33 points. both defenses were fucking shit tho. that strip sack could not have come at a worse time. eagles stepped up that last drive. they finally played when it mattered most, so good for them

>scan for names
>no alternative presented
Saved me time at least.

You didn't mention Philly's multiple 4th down conversions, Pats' defense inability to make a play on third down (that blown tackle by Bademosi cost them the game and he shouldn't have been in the game), those close touchdowns by Philly, that third down that Cooks hurdled for, the Eagles just got every break in this game even though the Patriots offense looked perfect. Tom did everything he could possibly do to put his team in a position to win. It was an amazing performance and a testament to the limitations of the individual who's ultimately dependent on the people next

>I'm simply giving Brady as big a role in a loss as most Pats fans give him in a win

That's not true. He didn't have a role in them losing this game whereas he had a role in them winning. Doing and not doing your job is binary. Understand?

I’m not saying Brady was garbage by any stretch, PFF basically gave him an 80 and I agree with that, but he missed crucial throws and got a lot of statpadding films screens and checkdowns

Foles got a 92 because he balled the fuck out

Considering the personnel he had available to him and the Eagles playing prevent at that point what exactly were you expecting? Hail Mary's from the 30 yard line?

lol ok m8, both comments are retarded as fuck.
> my eras
> my number 1 teams weren't number 1
what ever let's you sleep at night

I was expecting a bad Philly secondary who got torched for 505 yards to continue getting roasted when the supposed GOAT doesn’t have pressure in his face for the first time all night