Why does this get shit on so much? Excluding shit episodes like A Night in Sickbay...

Why does this get shit on so much? Excluding shit episodes like A Night in Sickbay, this series is probably more enjoyable and interesting than Deep Space 9 or Voyager.

I agree. The only character that sucked ass was the black guy. The actor just went too overboard making that character a naive boy scout.

reminder that some autist made a dozen or more of these types of images of captain archer

one more for you all before i go to sleep

Thanks...?

In its time? 20 straight years of Trek.

In retrospect? I'd say a shit plotline that made no fucking sense, unrelatable 2d characters, and pointless meandering in the same TNG-style format ended up really killing it IMO.

No way is it better than DS9. It's probably on par with Voyager.

season 3 is pure starkino

going into the expanse is so comfy

>more enjoyable and interesting than Deep Space 9

Gonna pretend I didn't see that. But, other than that, you are correct

There's probly more bad DS9 eps than there are ENT eps altogether. The argument could be made.

>No way is it better than DS9
I'd rather watch Enterprise than DS9
>It's probably on par with Voyager
I'd rather watch Voyager than DS9

You realize you're in an extreme minority right? Or are you just being contrarian? I honestly can't tell anymore

But ENT never, ever came close to the heights of DS9.

Shran did. Better than Brunt, maybe even Weyoun.

The first two seasons are boring and bad, the third season is okay, and the fourth season is good but achieves goodness by ripping off TOS.

>You realize you're in an extreme minority right?
Do you have any evidence of this?

>Or are you just being contrarian? I honestly can't tell anymore
Why can't one express one's genuine opinion without being viciously attacked? I didn't attack anyone, I just stated my preferences. Now I'm possibly a "contrarian" and my opinion is SO extreme that you "honestly can't tell anymore".

Sad state of affairs when I'm not allowed to like Enterprise more than DS9 without being immediately shouted down just for having a different* opinion.

*supposedly; as of this post, no scientific evidence has yet been provided of the "extreme minority" claim

>le no person has done a 10,000 person survey on preferences for my meme tv shows so I'm going to pretend I'm not contrarian

I had completely forgotten that shit existed. Wow.

You keep using that word, but I've only expressed my genuine beliefs about Star Trek series.

Also,
>le
? Are we in 2012? Grow up and learn to communicate.

Shran was way better than those fags on DS9. He just had an edge to him that made you want to always be on his side, even when he was being an asshole.

I think its time you go back to le reddit.....

>shit cast
>shit stories
>shit century to set it in
>shit rating

That's all I can be bothered to think of atm

Yes, Reddit prefers ENT and VOY to DS9. Are you confused?

Got any evidence to back that opinion up?

>doesn't use le
>told to go back

I see what you did there. You're trying to get more people to visit your homesite. Nicely done but I think advertising is bannable on Sup Forums, can't recall and the mods don't even follow the rules so who really knows besides herr hirostein.

What evidence do you need? It's my opinion and op asked "Why does this get shit on so much?" which means there's an obvious bias in the fandom towards disliking enterprise that even a pleb like op can see.

The fact it was canceled?

It's a real shame nobody else could come near to that level of characterization. Not even Hoshi or Phlox. I always give Bakula a pass for being Bakula but even he didn't really fit into the show's writing. You know they sold the entire show on his name alone and then won't let him play it like a country boy being a likeable guy in space.

Actually that's wrong tourist. They hate ent. Only place that likes ent is us. A resist strawpoll gets posted in trek threads to show how much they hate it.

Reddit

the two mirror universe episodes were the best episodes in the entire star trek universe, seeing how much an earth focused on war and competition would progress is amazing

I feel like they gave his characterization to Trip at the last minute, and not to knock Trineer, but I definitely think Bakula could've played some of Trip's conundrums and prejudices way better. But Berman was still in charge of this show too right? He was the one that wanted to portray the humans in VOY as pseudo-vulcans too, wasn't he?

Well Berman's been at that since TNG, the enlightened federation dealing with enlightened problems in an enlightened way.At least on ds9 most of the cast WASNT federation and they were all deep in the alien nitty gritty. Doesn't fit ENT at all, humans going around fucking with other species out of innocent ignorance and accidentally into'ing the federation with sheer charisma and balls.

Yeah that's why I think Archer kinda got neutered a bit. Like Berman wanted to do that again, but cooler heads prevailed and talked him down to just Archer, since he was going to be the one that established a lot of the Federation's ideals anyway. I think Berman just still came from that old school style of tv storytelling where all the characters were cookie-cutter and you didn't have time to develop an arc.

Show me how shit your taste is, /trek/

And with a constant re-writing of everything every season, they accomplished nothing. Except Shran, he's a masterpiece. That's why ENT is bad. I don't know voyager well enough to say if it's voyager bad but it's bad.

you seem like a real expert, faggot

I liked what they did with the Vulcans at the end. Also, young T'Pau was a cute!

Archer/Porthos OTP

More samefagging please

This chart is retarded. What the fuck is a conn officer? Did you get this from reddit?

I've been having a convo with one of the few other anons that likes ENT. Fuckoff if you don't have anything to add.

My favorite part about ENT is the gook actress. She never looks sexy outside of extremely rare moments in the show though, so it's just a fleeting fancy.

The samefagging ITT is really bad

There was 3 people posting in this thread, but now it's just me and you, I think.

Are you a gril?

I'm still here but don't feel like taking about one of the worst trek shows.

Why is there so much samefagging?

I'm lonely too, user.

>Why is there so much samefagging?
See >I'm lonely too, user.

>ENT fans
tbph

Fill out this image, fucking samefags

>Survey people from a board with an unhealthy boner for DS9
>Survey shows DS9 is popular
>This somehow proves something objectively other than the people that populate Sup Forums generally prefer DS9 over other Treks
Junk data that's useless for any real sort of statistical model.

Surveys prove nothing beyond w/e cherry-picked argument of yours (in general, not you specifically) they'll back up.
The people that do it have genuine autism and obviously belong on reddit with the other circle jerkers.