Anyone got the Japanese/Chinese numbers on this thing for the April 7th opening weekend?

Anyone got the Japanese/Chinese numbers on this thing for the April 7th opening weekend?

I already saw the box office number on wikipedia jump by 20 million since two days ago. No fucking source added to it.

This shit is being suppressed like a motherfucker, I can't find a single god damn number out here. Not even BoxOfficeMojo. No listing for the opening of China and Japan, where it's expected to do well. Fucking pricks.

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/04/07/box-office-china-cant-save-scarlett-johanssons-ghost-in-the-shell/#4015ae0318c9
youtube.com/watch?v=F5amv-vqUFo
youtube.com/watch?v=piSdceCW31I
themoviedb.org/?language=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

srsly guys come on

bump

I am interested in knowing this too. I hope it gets a good box office in Japan and China

>Ghost in the Shell began its box office sprint in China yesterday, with a mere $7.8 million on its opening day. The film also debuts in Japan this weekend, so we'll have a much clearer picture of how the film will play out by the end of the weekend.
SHIT I am so suicidal
forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/04/07/box-office-china-cant-save-scarlett-johanssons-ghost-in-the-shell/#4015ae0318c9

Doesn't it seem like the whitewashing thing killed this potentially awesome franchise? This being the first one it made sense to make it personal and a little Hollywood-ish. But in the second and third ones they could have definitely strayed into weirder territory and kept the grounding they established in the first film. I don't know who anybody is trying to fool when they think that the film would have done any better with an Asian as the lead, instead of Scarlett. I'm really not sure if I would have even seen it if Scarlett wasn't in it. Point is, when I saw this movie on Tuesday, the box office was at 40 mil and standing to lose nearly 70 mil and now it's standing at nearly 75 mil 3 days later. Nobody is reporting on foreign box office numbers for a reason. The only reason Resident Evil movies keep being made is because of their foreign market draw. Domestic does not matter when it comes to those movies and it hopefully won't matter when it comes to this. Still doubtful it'll get any sequel. They were banking on Marvel money with their Black Widow there.

Sourceless Forbes contributor article.

Can't be trusted

>But in the second and third ones they could have definitely strayed into weirder territory and kept the grounding they established in the first film.
Well this was my idea for a sequel:

>It will be a live adaptation of Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
>Set 40 or so years after events of first movie where Major has mysteriously vanished into the cyber system and Batou has spent so much time trying to find her
>Batou is played by Ron Perlman
>Major appears at the end in new body form played by a Japanese actress

If they did this, it would be the greatest sequel ever made.

They can do flashbacks and get Pilou Asbæk back for those. Even some flashbacks with Scarjo, but ending it with Major's return as she is played by a Japanese actress and setting it 40 years after events of first movie therefore showing Batou to be a lot older and getting Ron Perlman for the role would be really cool.

Also, the filmmakers would have a lot of fun with re-creating Kim hacking Togusa's mind and all the hallucination sequences (for those not familiar with the story, it is very Matrix like).

Someone please try to contact Rupert Sanders or Paramount to make this happen!

It's all SJW and politics which is why we are getting articles panning this movie.

Resident Evil's last few haven't done well in West but it did well in foreign places like you said so is why it keeps getting sequels; yet 3 days after Ghost in the Shell was released, the critics were already calling it a movie that was a bomb despite it making $40 internationally.

The box office hasn't been so well this weekend but I hated how the critics just called this a bomb when it did well internationally when it first came out.

I am not in America and I saw the movie on opening day where I live

Being Hollywood ish is why it sucks. They should have gone full on matrix level balls and totally committed. They paid homage but a lot of it was gold wrapped in filth which made the whole thing stink. It couldn't escape the studio's hands.

And seriously, Johansson carrying a film?

the headlines about this movie are fucking preposterous..

Section 9 was based in this movie. Such a shame if we never see them appear again

I.... also kind of agree with this. (OP btw)

Dude I'm all for hard sci-fi and surrealism! I fucking wish!

Damn. 74.8 million already?

This movie might actually make its money back. It will definitely profit on DVD and home video

it's cause it opened in china and japan on friday, AND NOBODY HAS ANY WORD ON IT HMM

Yeah reading some of the negative article titles for this really upsets me

And speaking of the weebs, half of them have no idea what they want. I went to Sup Forums the other day and some are like "The first movie is the only good GiTS content" while others say SAC is the best thing.

Trying to please weebs is incredibly hard.

I liked it when Hollywood raped my favorite anime

Box office was $60 million before it opened in China.

It's now at $74.8

The negative reviews obviously has turned a lot away from seeing this

I can't wait to buy this on blu ray. I'm hoping a steelbook is released and we get an unrated edition along with the original opening with the original anime music at start as a bonus feature

The weebs aren't ever gonna be the ones bringing in Marvel numbers for movies like this, weebs can't do that, weebs aren't the journalists writing these damn articles either. weebs stay weebin dude

Here is an example of a weeb. Mean while heaps of others actually like this movie

>Be me buying some GitS merchandise other day
>woman behind counter asked what I thought of the live movie as she said another customer who is a fan saw it and said he really enjoyed it

original opening? redpill me D

Crazy isn't it?

That's why a producer said that they try to not just please the fans but also bring in a big American audience.

Do people actually think this movie would have done better if they got an unknown Asian actress as the lead that no one has heard of before?

i hope it does well overseas. it was a really good movie. it really was shut down by haters and shills shilling other stuff. reminds me of pacific rim and warcraft- for a month straight people were talking shit on good movies nonstop.

>original opening? redpill me D
Here's the link to the opening that was played at a screen test
youtube.com/watch?v=F5amv-vqUFo

I saw this movie on Tuesday, I'm in a college town and there's a high amount of international students, the theater was at least half asians and that was about 4 days after it came out.

By far the most underrated film of 2017

THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING DUDE!

Why is that the main argument for them? I don't get that.

Speaking of the screen test, an user had a discussion other day about this deleted scene perhaps being part of a simulation Kuze made for these people sitting in this underground place, making it out that they are actual monks or something.

Apparently the test screen audience didn't like this

Should they have gone hard-R for it? Naked Scarlett?

She already did carry a film. Lucy. $40 million budget action film that made half a billion worldwide. Whole reason they cast her in this.

o shit

dude, god damn it, this fucking movie

We saw Scarjo's side tits when she was undressing, otherwise the movie didn't need full on nudity. The movie did however need more action and violence

There were blood squirts that got cut out during some of the action scenes so hopefully we get these back in an unrated edition

holy shit, are you fucking serious?

do you think rupert sanders will have the balls to stand up to paramount and release a decent cut of this movie? does he even give a fuck?

Whitewashing didn't kill it being a shit movie killed it.

Looks like Scarjo enters this place and is transformed into the monk monastery, or that the monks see her enter the monastery but of course they aren't in any monastery but just in the underground place Kuze has set up.

Maybe Kuze wanted to give these people peace and put them in some simulation together? idk

Sure would have been interesting to see the full screen

yeah a lot of the action sequences felt like they were a little defanged

you think any of the marvel movies have a more competent plot laid out?

this would tie in with the false memory having garbage man, also the fantasy exists simultaneously as a reality like the original movie states

Rupert seemed very dedicated with all the behind the scenes, filming most of the shelling sequence practical etc.

I am sure he is on the case with Paramound to release an extended cut (especially since the movie didn't rate well so you'd think the company would want to release another edition hoping that does better).

I hate when people blame Rupert because believe me he actually put forward so much great stuff for this movie that no other director would have bothered to do.

Exactly.

A shame the test screen audience didn't like this and just wanted Major's origin plot to be the only main plot

>you think any of the marvel movies have a more competent plot laid out?

They're based on COMIC BOOKS nobody gives a shit about the plot. Gits 1995 was lauded as being more mature and cerebral, an influential piece of cinema back in the day.

Check ur privlige OP

It is hateful propaganda to know such things

GitS 1995's plot is about a mind hacker who infiltrates people's minds and asks Major to join him so they can become strong together and infiltrate the cyber system. That's the plot. idk why people seem to always think the 1995 movie has the deepest plot ever

Actually GitS borrows heavily from Blade Runner and The Matrix borrows heavily from both. You can go back father than that if you want.

GitS is a masterpiece for sure, coming out at a time when The Lion King was dominating theaters. But Blade Runner is untouchable.

yeah, as i said it is decent for a first movie in a hollywood Marvellish franchise as it really HAS to be dumbed down and made personal origins bullshit if you expect anybody to go to a theater to see it. or else you end up with ex machina indie movies. but the franchise territory is ripe for weirdness and philosophy and they could have had a lot of fun with that. especially with the advent of Westworld in the cultural consciousness now.

The original ending to this apparently has Major and Kuze join minds so that Kuze will be forever with Major.

WHY DID THEY CHANGE THIS?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>But Blade Runner is untouchable.
Only the original cut that doesn't have the horrible driving at end scene and the Deckard is a replicant plot

I was actually really enamored with Kuze's character. Doesn't help that I've always liked Michael 'Carmen' Pitt as he's known all of a sudden lol.

That's just as stupid as the current ending.

>voice over

Yeah nah.

Sup Forums is an echo chamber of white males who are okay with whitewashing in films because it obviously doesn't bother them.

but bring up blackwashing and they go full retard.

CAN ANYONE FIGURE OUT THESE DAMN NUMBERS?

SERIOUSLY, FRIDAY NUMBERS FOR JAPAN AND CHINA. THEY HAVE TO BE SOMEWHERE.

>I was actually really enamored with Kuze's character.
Judging by the behind the scenes, Pitt was very into the character as well, taking the role very seriously

I know deep down there was more philosophical Kuze bits that were cut out. Watching the movie, there definitely felt moments were chunks were cut out

>Major makes a remark to Batou about the cyber connected system that Kuze has made
>This is never brought up again
I wanted more of the hacking plot. They did mention the garbageman's mind being hacked but then they didn't go into detail about other people who have been hacked by Kuze (hence everyone sitting around in the circle that was never brought up again because the movie only cared about Major getting revenge at that point)

wtf is blackwashing

Very odd, Kuze in the 2017 movie was originally the Puppet Master, and that one wasn't a human but an artificial intelligence copied in a body.

I wish they hadn't cut off the dialogue about the human traits and things the cyborgised people do to be more human. All in all a solid adaptation.

WE

huh? The edition I watched had no voice over. It was a fan cut with the original ending and the unicorn scene removed.

Only version I've seen and I loved the movie. Don't think I'd be into watching any other versions.

The DVD had an option for voice over or no voice over and so I picked no.

>but bring up blackwashing and they go full retard.
Well I'm someone who welcomes Idris Elba as the next Bond.

Loved him in Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance. So much charisma

The SJW's don't care with showing us the China and Japan box office for this movie.

They hate this movie so you are just going to get hate from reading American articles

But yeah there must be somewhere to find them. I know China has their own IMDB (or is that Japan) but idk what it's called

Yeah, people will say what they will about him but I think he's a very solid performer. I think he's probably a bitch to work with, as in I think he's probably no-nonsense on set. The stories I've heard about Boardwalk Empire season 2 and how they had to write him out, and that short but sweet stint on Hannibal as Mason Verger points to something too. But he puts out consistently good performances regardless of the budget. He gets way too into stuff, which is rare to see.

>Sup Forumstard getting buttflustered that his posterchild whitewashing flick is being shitted on by critics that he needs to find justification from the asian audience

But why make Lancelot black? Why not choose a different person, or create a new story?

It was alright overall. Pretty good movie. But the dumbing down, added cheese, and kind of shitting on the core theme of the franchise made me upset.

At the end she says something like "it's being human that really matters" or some such shit. Maybe someone else remembers it better. But in the original she says...

"What if a cyber brain could possibly generate its own ghost; create a soul all by itself? And if it did, just what would be the importance of being human then?"

A huge theme of the franchise is that consciousness takes precedence over "humanity", and that clinging to our old forms and resisting change is pointless and unwise.

In the ScarJo version I didn't feel that at all.

Also, the asshole CEO guy was a hundred times lamer of a villain than Puppetmaster.

wtf is going on here?

>having to actually write

> a film isn't doing as well as was anticipated
>SHIT I am so suicidal

please, kill yourself. if you can't handle a film's lower box office figures, god knows what your reaction would be to a real tragedy.

the CEO villain was unfathomably lame

it was like a stuffed human suit scarecrow of peter serafinowicz

That's no way to talk to scarjo you cuntf

>caring about success
>caring about critics
>caring about race
>caring about weebs
3th time watching this jewel and it feels like made of dreams

holy fuck that was michael pitt? i thought it looked like him. never would have guessed it. man he has come a long way from that sean connery movie

Still miles better than the villain from QoS

lol holy shit, i fell asleep during that movie at the theater

Didnt everyone tell you yesterday no one cares about your movie. Its not whitewash or sjw ots scarjo and the writers. Stop posting about gits every 5 mins. I want to laugh at tlc shows.

>"Please don't talk to me like I'm STUPID!"
What was the director thinking having this guy as the main villain?

STILL NO GINA NUMBERS

well someone made a recap of the movie so enjoy
youtube.com/watch?v=piSdceCW31I

lol redpill me on THIS guy

Some shit who runs an oil factory and dies because Bond leaves him out in the desert with a can of his own oil and he gets thirsty so he drinks it

WUZ

NIGGER

OIL TEARS

>"It's been a long day" starts playing

it's like, if i wrote some shit like that as the end of the screenplay, i would probably delete it. why do screenwriters keep this corny shit in? is the final screenwriting redpill to keep all the corny stuff?

>cornpill

CAN'T QUANTUM THE SOLACE

worst bond movie?

It's a shame because QoS has by far the best Bond opening of any film with that car chase but the weak villain, horrible editing during the fights makes it the weakest.

seriously, try to do a google search for "ghost in the shell china box office" or "ghost in the shell japan box office"

not a single thing

Literally made during the writers strike- there was no script.

Craig and the director wrote half of it on the days they were shooting apparently.

GET OUT OF GOOGLE NOW

can i have a fuckin alternative batou

>Craig and the director wrote half of it on the days they were shooting apparently.
kek this is true. QoS had an unfinished script when they began filming

THE MAD MEN

Here:
themoviedb.org/?language=en

It's the freedom version of IMDB with discussion boards for every movie

So that's it huh? We're some kind of Quantum of Solace...

story was terrible, lead actor was sleepwalking, the look of it was great. kind of like blade runner

Meanwhile, poor Arise, which is a solid entry in the overall franchise, gets shit on hard too.

That version of GITS had some awesome shit-talk/shooting the shit moments between the various Section 9 members.

Arise is one of my favorite GitS content. No idea why people don't like it

>Batou arrives at a scene when bad guys have been dealt with
>"What? No shoot out?"
kek

Somehow it reminds me of PR and Warcraft too in a way it's treated. Average to good movies with some brilliance to it, murdered by American critics, but popular and liked in the foreign markets. We'll see what happens with China, opening weekend lasts 5 days and earnings already increased by fifth in one day, which is promising.

I saw it today and it's not bad, but not amazing either. Props to the art style. I just hate to see the "fuck white people" crowd sink a decent movie.