I just got done watching the Founder. Lets have a McDonald's thread

I just got done watching the Founder. Lets have a McDonald's thread.

tv movie tier shit. I liked it.

I was thinking of watching this tonight. Is it any good?

Probably nobody remembers this, but back in 1998 when Mulan was released, McD's had a special Szechuan sauce for the McNuggets. I wish more people knew about it so they would bring it back.

Why is Burger King/Hungry Jacks so much better than McDonalds?

It's like Social Network with food. Its good.

I miss thosee days.

For me it's the Mcchicken, fastfood kino

BK's fries used to be GOAT when they first pushed the "crispy" ads with Mr. Potatohead all over them. Now they're nowhere near as good as McDonald's. BK's great for gigantic, ridiculously sloppy burgers with way too much mayo and ketchup on them, but McD's is better overall.

>he breaks all the rules
>can either fight him in court and lose
>or continue taking in their leasing fee on a worldwide franchise
>sign away their rights instead

Am I missing something here?

>Gigantic
when was the last time you went to bk? Carls jr has the biggest sloppy burgers hands down

Thick cut > Thin cut chips any day of the week.

Bonus points for good seasoning. Hence why I think KFC is king for fast food chips. Aussie by the way, so I have not tried american fast food yet

GIMME THAT FUCKING SZECHUAN SAUCE

Burger King is utter shit, always a burned shriveled half dollar sized patty everytime I go to one

Red Rooster chips > KFC

Seriously, KILL YOURSELF

Let me know when it's on netflix or something

I'll slap your shit mate.

Chicken is better as well.

>Don't trust anyone : the movie

Literally why did the accept that handshake deal? Given your history with this sneaky jew rat did the really think he was gonna honor the royalty agreement?

>doesn't even cover the McChicken origin

baka

Why didn't they take him to court? It was an open and shut case, surely most lawyers would jump on this case for a percentage of the settlement if they didn't have the legal fees to pay upfront?

I like biopics in general. This was pretty good. It put things in a new perspective even though I had seen several Kroc documentaries.

They were wholesome Christians, not haggling Arabs.

It seems like someone read the Rotten Library article on Ray Kroc and decided to write a screenplay about him. There are two problems.

1. There is no reason, if you accept capitalism, to think that Kroc's a shit and the McDonald brothers are good, and this kind of film never really wants you to reject capitalism, just wring your hands about it and regard those who make a success of it as "vulgar" - really a way for middle class people aspiring to a European upper class self-image to continue to look down on tradespeople and self-made men while pretending to be egalitarian rather than snobbish.

2. It assumes that what the McDonalds were doing was either a: morally neutral, or b: a good thing. So it commits itself to this very blinked and unconvincing moral reasoning, whereby a Big Mac is a good thing, but the fact that you've heard of Big Macs is a problem. It doesn't really fly.

one of the brothers already had a heart attack because of all of the bullshit. They didn't want to go through more stress just to operate their own damn resteraunt. They ultimately got what they wished without dealing with a lengthy and stressful legal battle against some capitalist douchenozzle who couldn't give a fuck about morales.

This movie is a great example of a bunch of shit that is wrong with murika. I bet Trump laughed his ass off when they accepted that handshakes. "hahaha you seriously think they'll honor their word?!?!"

There you've put your finger on the undercurrent of a good 80% of genteel "anti-capitalism", even if you weren't being ironic.

Eh, I came away thinking Kroc was a pretty shrewd businessman and the McDonalds brothers were good at running restaurants. The free market favors the former.

What's wrong with America is fast food, which exists only because capitalism doesn't leave people the time or energy to hold their own health dear. The history of fast food across Europe and then America is the history of overworked industrial populations.

Yes, but the film tries to make Kroc seem like an archetypal "American monster". The fact that you weren't duped by it doesn't change the intention.

If they couldn't successfully compete with people doing it as franchise employees, then clearly they weren't that good at running restaurants.

>sign contract saying "I won't do thing"
>do thing
>"Kroc isn't a bad guy"

They were good at hands on management of a single restaurant. They had their main restaurant running with optimal efficiency. Kroc just looked at that and simply found a way to duplicate what they were doing. The brothers seemed to have little savvy about finding people they can trust to stick to their system. Kroc seemed to be more savvy to the general food service industry and franchising.

As Kroc said, rules are made to be broken.

Didn't Kroc give away all the money to charity in the end or something

All that innovation yet they were still too dumb to think of a drive-thru.

ELL O ELL.

Neither would I've.

McDonalds is fucking awesome. I could watch The Founder and Supersize Me once a week and still go to McDs every few days. It's cheap as fuck and I just found out about the big mac sauce rule so I get mac sauce with my fries every time now.

this

They were literally just retarded, user

Either that or the handshake deal was made up by them because McDonalds would definitely deny it.

I hate Hungry Jack's new thick fries. If I wanted thick fries I'd go to KFC.

As much as I love the Whopper, I need the entire meal to be perfect. So the Quarter Pounder is all I get.

>that limp, grey lettuce

>Lets have a McDonald's thread

OK. What's your favorite burger?

I don't know, I would call it kino

>KFC chips
Yeah nah don't mind a bit of soggy potato with my salt.

Don't know why. You don't go to MCDonalds to eat healthy food but this bitch was my favorite for a while.

It's actually pretty astounding that they didn't immediately think of that. They already had restaurants where you ordered and got served food in your parked car, but the problem was the waiting was too long. Then McD came along with their conveyor belt serving and had people get out of their cars and stand in line. It's such a small jump from that to cars standing in line picking up the food then fucking off to wherever and eat it.

/ck/ has arrived.

Nuggets > tendies

>Look at us Mr Reagan, a couple of Illinois boys who made it. That's the American Dream right?

I fucking shed a tear. Chicagoland suburbs represent. Elite Naperville here; I-i'm lovin' it