You're going to a cheesy/bad movie night with some friends and you get to pick one of them. Which do you bring?

You're going to a cheesy/bad movie night with some friends and you get to pick one of them. Which do you bring?

Dog Soldiers.

Why would I want to watch a bad movie? Surely we would have more fun if we watched something good.

>>/out/

This

No one has that kind of time, user.

Super Marios Brothers

Hopper makes the movie.

Remembering that Raul Julia died of food poisoning and/or cancer soon after this film always makes me sad.

Definitely Cobra

>le ironic movie watching nights
fuck off

Kill yourself

No joke?

Jupiter Ascending. That movie is the highest-budget hackjob B-movie I've ever seen and it's fucking hilarious.

/threading your own thread

Patrician choice OP

This

Street Fighter is one of the most red-pilled movies of all time.

Action Jackson 1988

Why do people waste their time watching things that suck?

Any capeshit.

Depends on the friends. Batman and Robin, Commando or Hard Target aw all good picks but I have a soft spot for pic related

Social media equals a constant feeling of being watched and judged, making people feel insecure. Saying that you really like something opens you up to being criticized, so people hide behind irony. If you're asked to bring a movie you love, your choice says something about you.
Picking something to do ironically shelters you from the opinions of others; your choices and actions comment on things external to yourself.

Because a bad movie can have more laughs in it than the best comedy

Why do people listen to "sad" songs? No one wants to be sad do they?

Indeed - when watching with others, you can talk about how shit it is and laugh, good films you should watch without distraction.

OP said bad movies. Dog Soldiers, Cobra, Commando and Hard Target are all good movies.

this. if you like something own it. don't go 'haha.. no cause its like.. so bad its good ahaha" when someone says something you like is shit.

Don't EVER quote me again you little dweeb. I am a trained commando and I know how to handle my weapon.

Your waifu said different.

Cannon's Ninja Trilogy

MY WAIFU IS A MORMON AND WONT EVEN FUCK ME DONT EVEN TALK ABOUT IT I DONT WANT TO TALK STOP TRYIN TO SHRINK ME YOU FUCKIN GUY STOP IT.

For real I could probably use counseling tho.

something obscure that I know they'll like

Pic very related

If you'll reread the OP, he says "cheesy/bad" movies and those are all cheesy

Escape from L.A.
Don't even try to tell me N.Y. was better

Pic related is the best shrink I know of.

LA was better. Being honest, the basketball scene made the movie for me and also the final scene with the EMP.

Did you know that Kurt actually did all those throws? He trained his ass off for that.

Are you saying self-reflection is the answer to growth and peace? I'm honestly asking, please don't be ironic right now. I'm too drunk to know the difference.

I had no idea, that's awesome. I've always been a Kurt Russell fan and this just reinforces that. Thanks friendo.

Always read the IMDB trivia of movies you like. It sometimes makes the movies so much better.

>Kurt Russell practiced playing basketball between scenes as he wanted to make all of his shots legitimately in the basketball scene later on. He made all of those shots purely on his own talent, even the full-court one.

was meant for

This literally gave me a dick twitch. Thanks, genuinely appreciate it and the tip.

I won't lie, both posts you intentionally and accidentally replied to were mine. I won't judge you if you don't judge me.

Growth comes from learning and encountering/solving problems.
Peace comes from yourself. You can chose to be at peace or happy or sad or angry.

Did you know this?:
>The guitar that Daisy Domergue plays while singing "Jim Jones at Botany Bay" was a priceless antique from the 1870s, on loan from the Martin Guitar Museum. At the end of the song, the script called for John Ruth to grab the guitar, and smash it to pieces. Six replicas were built for the shoot, and were supposed to be substituted for the real instrument for the smashing shot, but due to a miscommunication, Kurt Russell was not informed, and destroyed the original guitar, before anyone could stop him. Jennifer Jason Leigh's shocked reaction to this is genuine, and can be seen in the released film. The Martin Guitar Museum subsequently announced they would never loan guitars to film shoots again.

He also didn't give a shit.

>On opening weekend, August 10, 1996, there was a region wide power outage when the western electric grid experienced a blackout affecting seven western states. Such a wide spread power outage would be similar to the capabilities of the "Sword of Damocles" electromagnetic pulse. Many theaters lost power during the movie, some soon after Snake Plisskin activates the world EMP code or some experienced city wide power outages when they exited the movie.

Holy lol

This post is really nice, seriously a surprising amount of wisdom, thank you. Genuinely.

This is great, somehow this really raises my mood.

Happy Saturday everyone.