I don't get this movie

I don't get this movie.

yeah i didn't get it either. i mean shouldn't the good guy have gotten in a shootout with the bad guy at the end with lots of explosions? also he didn't end up happily ever after with the money and his wife. i mean what the FUCK

People are realizing there's no meaning to anything and optimism seems more and more foolish

Old men aren't used to it, that's why it's
>No Country for Old Men

Someone redpill me on the ending of A Serious Man. I just watched it and I feel like I like it.

Ok I get not all movies have to be like that, I just don't see any deeper meaning. There was a small part about traditional beliefs but that seems about it.

That makes some sense, cool

The coin scene and the man vs steer scene are important too

Theme of the film (in my opinion obviously):
Evil constantly marches on, good gets tired and gives up.

>I counted the floors outside
>And?
>You're missing one
What did he mean by this?

most old school office buildings don't have a 13th floor, as this is a sign of bad luck/business. so the floors go from 12th to 14th.

he was most likely just being a cheeky smartass.

Dude the title explains the theme of the movie lmao... Why are you expecting more?

So Ed and Chigurh were the same person, right?

Yes, truly it was No Country for Old Men.

Thanks OP now I need a drink of milk

Post times you acted like the sugar

>go into 7/11
>look at the slushie machine
>flip for flavor
>heads, cherry
>cute 7/10 is looking at me
>I stare for a second, slowly approach and say
>whats the most you ever lost on a coin toss?
>she is visibly confused
>you call it miss
>she doesn't reply looks scarred
>no
>I'm a bit upset she won't call it
>call it!
>no!
>I don't know what to say
>you call it
>.......I flip

Spaniard here, loved the film but Ive always been curious, how was Bardem's accent? It was surprising seeing a Spanish dude playing an american.

Yeah I really never understood the significance of TLJ's dream at the end. Someone tried to explaining to Mr recently only to realize he didn't get it either.

Uhhh

Was he even attempting an American accent? If he was, it did indeed suck.

The accent isn't American. He came up with it on his own and described it as "the Devil's accent"

Oh really? But his character was supposed to be American wasnt he? I mean Anton Chigurgh (not sure how its written) is not the kind of name we have over here

Just now see

Yeah I'm American and I knew 3 antons growing up. Only one anton chigurgh though. It's one of the most common American names

makes sense the devil would be autistic

>don't you ever flip my coin
>I like flipping *my* coin

This is like my 4th quads today wtf

I don't think he was going for an american accent. We don't tend to care about accurate american accents, the more exotic sounding the better.

he doesn't take heed of the supernatural, and falls prey to the supernatural threat of anton as aresult.

Here's the moral of No Country For Old Men.

Seemingly decent people can let greed overcome them, intelligent people can make mistakes, others can pay for those mistakes with their lives and the nature of fate can (and will) affect everyone.

However if, as a lawman dedicated to upholding justice, you feel that your adversary is just a little too cunning for you to apprehend? Don't worry. Complain to your friend, go home to your wife and tell her about a dream you had about your father.

You'll feel better in the morning.

He was talking to an "old man", someone from a more superstitious time hence why he didn't have a 13th floor in his building.

I always thought he was referring to a hidden floor where illicit activities were undertaken.

He tells his wife about the dream after he gave up and retired.

me too

Replace Javier Bardem with Jim Carrey and the movie makes more sense.

>to dumb for mccarthy

jebus boy

his character didnt have to be from Spain though, maybe he was from one of those brown sudaca countries like Argentina

This thread makes me sad. i hope you're all teenagers and not morons.

each generation lights the path for the next. but the world is going to shit. why?

"it's all the goddamn money and the drugs"

it happens during the reagan era. when greed in america got turned up to 11. free market capitalism was supposed to give us liberty. but it ended up killing morality

like every cormac mccarthy book its about a million other things but thats enough for surface level enjoyment

>No Country for White Men

I dont think his character was supposed to be from a latino country either, maybe he was a slav? both slavs and spaniards arent white so maybe thats it. I dont know, and I guess it doesnt matter

McCarthy said Chigurh is the manifestation of an idea. He's without country or nationality. hence the weird name

Very nice

I guess you have truly become too enlightened by your own intelligence

nihilism

yep. heres another secret. the character names are code

>get it

What do you mean? Josh brolin intervened into a major drug dealers business to make money and was killed. It's not a puzzle

its not that good either